Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still interested, it is just that a lot of us have discussed the case thoroughly with the evidence provided by LE and our takes on what happened. With no Sierra found and the perp not talking, things are at a standstill. My feeling is that AGT isn't talking because he is positive that Sierra will not be found and there is no urgency as she is no longer with us. I have no doubt, along with LE, that he is a lone perp and there is more than enough evidence to convict him for murder with special circumstances. At this point, AGT has nothing to lose by remaining silent.

Who knows, there may be other victims hidden along with Sierra.

BTW, what DOES a murderer look like? IQs of convicted serial killers range from 60 up to 150, so intelligence is not a requirement for these monsters to be successful... until they screw up. And most do. JMO.

I too am still very interested in this case. I agree with everything in the quoted post. Things are at a standstill and will likely stay that way unless one of two things happens: One would be that he talks. The other would be that Sierra is found.

As for his plea, it will be not guilty unless there is somewhere along the way something in it for him to plead guilty. That something could be taking the death penalty off the table. However, if the prosecutor does not go for the death penalty there is little to nothing to bargain with. With or without a body, if the evidence is strong enough it will convict, and that means the perp has nothing to lose by staying quiet and nothing to gain by talking. No defense attorney worth their salt would advise a client to plead guilty without something in return.

For now at least, about the only thing that would move this perp to plead guilty without an offer of leniency would be his own feelings of remorse and inability to live with himself if he does not confess. And so far it does not appear as though this particular perp has such feelings.

I have been reading here praying they will find Sierra and give her family some peace. I thought I would post re DNA and my family's experience for what its worth. My stepsister was murdered and raped in 1990 along with her boyfriend and the case has never been solved. Now, over 20 years later the news willl still do updates and it was on AMW a couple of years ago. Anyway, several years ago there was a match in CODIS - after all this time. It was a match to a rape that happened a couple of months within when my stepsister was killed and it had just been put into the system. The person has never been caught. So, if it took over 15 years to get one in the system I am guessing it happens in countless others. JMHO

So sorry about what you and your families have been through.

Just registering agreement, Annie1004. A.G.-T. appears unconcerned as he is confident Sierra is well concealed. His confidence has betrayed him before, let's hope he is dead wrong about this. Very sorry you were injured on the search, melley.

Oh don't get me wrong - I wasn't complaining!! :fence: I'm glad it's a little slower - now I can go read the other cases here that I've been following!! :please: Unfortunately, there are so MANY missing people!!

:rocker:

With LE calling off the water searches, I do worry Sierra won't be found; I can't help thinking she could well be in water, if he is a fisherman (and of course if he is guilty, which I believe he is.)

The only thing that makes me think she could be on ground is the danger in taking her to an extra location, i.e. I believe he first took her someplace isolated and assaulted her, so he may well have just left her there, hence forgetting to ditch her belongings until he back in town. Taking her from the assault spot, to another location to dispose of her body, would be adding danger of being seen.

JMO

If she is in any of the water around here, she will turn up. I think LE has done an extensive job with the side sonar and divers, but you never know. We are just getting into boating/swimming/camping season so I have high hopes for discovery if that is where she is.

Tonight on Twitter:

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

Public defender representing Sierra LaMar suspect has declared a conflict. Ken Mandel will go before judge tomorrow to get off the case.

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

We do not know what Ken Mandel's conflict is in representing Sierra LaMar's accused killer or if it will change plea date of July 10.

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

If judge approves public defender Ken Mandel's conflict declaration, murder suspect Antolin Garcia Torres will need new attorney.

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

We do not know what Ken Mandel's conflict is in representing Sierra LaMar's accused killer or if it will change plea date of July 10.

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

If judge approves public defender Ken Mandel's conflict declaration, murder suspect Antolin Garcia Torres will need new attorney.

Well that is interesting...
would it be a conflict if he feels he can't defend him due to his belief in his guilt, I wonder...I know it would not be a legal reason to get off of a case, but it does make me wonder...JMO

would it be a conflict if he feels he can't defend him due to his belief in his guilt, I wonder...I know it would not be a legal reason to get off of a case, but it does make me wonder...JMO

I wonder will we know the reason? Will it be public knowledge?

I doubt it has anything to do with his perception of AGT's guilt. It is more likely due to his caseload and the amount of time that this case will likely require.

I wonder will we know the reason? Will it be public knowledge?

I don't think so. It could be as simple as AGT wants to run his own "game" and the PD want's to do his thing. It's not unusual. :moo:

Aw people really stopped talking about this case I see. Sierra is on my mind every day. I wake up googling "Sierra Lamar Update" and I don't see anything new. I hope that they find her soon. I have a feeling there is something else to the story something only Sierra knows. I think ATG isn't talking because he is afraid of someone. He doesn't look like a killer, he looks like a dumb&^% wanna be that reside in the general SJ area. He couldn't of done anything by himself.

We are all here waiting and waiting. We all :heartbeat: Sierra.

I'm busy wondering if I have to evacuate SF from FIRE.

I don't think so. It could be as simple as AGT wants to run his own "game" and the PD want's to do his thing. It's not unusual. :moo:

Attorney could have good reason to believe AGT is not being honest with him. I think the court would accept that as a reason for a motion to withdraw.

Attorney could have good reason to believe AGT is not being honest with him. I think the court would accept that as a reason for a motion to withdraw.

Yes or they just differ on the "defense". I saw this with Elizabeth Johnson (AZ ... baby Gabriel Johnson case) with her attorneys. Remove, replaced, rename, etc. Swinging door and sort of a "game" too. :moo:

Has this been posted?

That’s why the terms of the $25,000 reward for the safe return of Sierra LaMar are being changed to include, “Information leading to the conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of Sierra LaMar”.

http://100.42.52.148/~klaaskid/blog/?p=288

Ken Mandel is planning on retiring in fall 2012. This was mentioned by MSM when he was appointed as AGT's public defender. However, a conflict of interest is usually because the lawyer was involved in another case that crossed into his current client's life, such as representing another family member, or being married to or related to someone else in another case or situation that would show bias against his client. The declaration to the court would state the reason in broad terms, IMHO. I can't see it as having to do directly with his belief in his client's innocence or any disagreements with his client. MOO. We'll find out soon enough.

Has this been posted?

That’s why the terms of the $25,000 reward for the safe return of Sierra LaMar are being changed to include, “Information leading to the conviction of the person or persons responsible for the disappearance of Sierra LaMar”.

http://100.42.52.148/~klaaskid/blog/?p=288

Maybe they are hoping someone else knows where Sierra can be found...and are willing to reward that person, if not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$