Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #19 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is interesting...
would it be a conflict if he feels he can't defend him due to his belief in his guilt, I wonder...I know it would not be a legal reason to get off of a case, but it does make me wonder...JMO

That would be extremely unusual, in my experience.

Defence attorneys know that most of their clients are guilty to some degree (maybe not of the exact charges) and those clients are still entitled to representation and a vigorous defence.

I can't see a judge signing off on "I think my client is guilty as all get out and I just can't do it" conflict statement. I think a judge would be more likely to say "stop whining, suck it up and do your job."

Reasons an attorney may decide to drop a client are usually more like having represented someone involved in the case in the past (conflict of interest) or some type of extreme time constraint.

If the client doesn't feel their court appointed attorney is doing an adequate job of representation, then the client petitions the court.

Personally, I have great respect and admiration for defence attorneys; they are fighting the odds, their job is largely thankless and they are often considered to be without personal integrity or honour. And yet most of them go in there and do the best they can, day after day, client after client.

Morning! Not confirmed but looks like AGT could possibly have more trouble from past incidents...

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/police-identify-suspect-in-july-and-aug-attempted-kidnappings

Orginal Article

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/at...wednesday-second-in-under-two-weeks-in-gilroy

Ok.. this just stuck out to me in the second article.. maybe nothing.. but kinda odd....

"The vehicle was described as a white two-door Honda from around 1990 with only the roof painted black. The vehicle was described as stock, with no tint after market wheels or modified exhaust. The vehicle was also described as being dirty."

Morning! Not confirmed but looks like AGT could possibly have more trouble from past incidents...

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/police-identify-suspect-in-july-and-aug-attempted-kidnappings

Orginal Article

http://gilroy.patch.com/articles/at...wednesday-second-in-under-two-weeks-in-gilroy

Ok.. this just stuck out to me in the second article.. maybe nothing.. but kinda odd....

"The vehicle was described as a white two-door Honda from around 1990 with only the roof painted black. The vehicle was described as stock, with no tint after market wheels or modified exhaust. The vehicle was also described as being dirty."

:what: He sure looks like the sketch!

That would be extremely unusual, in my experience.

Defence attorneys know that most of their clients are guilty to some degree (maybe not of the exact charges) and those clients are still entitled to representation and a vigorous defence.

I can't see a judge signing off on "I think my client is guilty as all get out and I just can't do it" conflict statement. I think a judge would be more likely to say "stop whining, suck it up and do your job."

Reasons an attorney may decide to drop a client are usually more like having represented someone involved in the case in the past (conflict of interest) or some type of extreme time constraint.

If the client doesn't feel their court appointed attorney is doing an adequate job of representation, then the client petitions the court.

Personally, I have great respect and admiration for defence attorneys; they are fighting the odds, their job is largely thankless and they are often considered to be without personal integrity or honour. And yet most of them go in there and do the best they can, day after day, client after client.

well im actually thinking its *possible* that it MIGHT have something to do with his clients perceived guilt.

as i understand it..the public defender cannot present anything he knows to be untrue. so if AGT confessed to him..it could be that he feels unable to defend his client adequetaley.

one of my good friends is a public defender here, im supposed to see her later today, ill ask her and see what she says (if theres no more information on it)

Just for comparison. I posted this way back when and reposting a portion now.garcia_torres_pano.jpg

Twitters from this a.m.:

Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

July 10 plea date for Antolin Gracia Torres has been moved to July 31 after change in attorney for Sierra LaMar murder suspect.
Expand

Karina Rusk Karina Rusk ‏@karinanews

Murder suspect in Sierra LaMar has new attorney from Alternative Defender's Office after his appointed public defender declared conflict.

:what: He sure looks like the sketch!

Wow, he sure does!! I didn't think he looked much like that other sketch that was being posted a few weeks ago--the one showing a much rounder face--but this sketch looks like he could have posed for the artist!

If she is in any of the water around here, she will turn up. I think LE has done an extensive job with the side sonar and divers, but you never know. We are just getting into boating/swimming/camping season so I have high hopes for discovery if that is where she is.

CANALS AND PONDS

Just behind his OLD home is a canal and I was looking in it this morning.. It is so overgrown, but I do not see any marker tags. I am not sure if LE searched it.

Wow, he sure does!! I didn't think he looked much like that other sketch that was being posted a few weeks ago--the one showing a much rounder face--but this sketch looks like he could have posed for the artist!

Lets see a mug shot of his dad who is also sitting in jail "on a sex crime"

well im actually thinking its *possible* that it MIGHT have something to do with his clients perceived guilt.

as i understand it..the public defender cannot present anything he knows to be untrue. so if AGT confessed to him..it could be that he feels unable to defend his client adequetaley.

one of my good friends is a public defender here, im supposed to see her later today, ill ask her and see what she says (if theres no more information on it)

AGT confessing to his lawyer (which many lawyers strongly discourage) would not impair his defence. It would mean he could not put AGT on the stand but many defendants decide not to go on the stand and receive an adequate defence anyway.

Confessions should be received skeptically anyway. Some incredible percentage of unjust convictions involve false confessions. So even if AGT confessed, his lawyer should receive it with a spoonful of salt.

There are more strategies than simply aiming to prove his client innocent of the charges. One would be to acknowledge that AGT is guilty of something criminal but that does not fit with the charges as filed, for instance.

Again, I have a feeling that a judge would take that statement with a "stop whining and do your job" response.

I am not a lawyer, the above is just from my observations over the years.

Agreed!

And to me, the two sketches look like they depict two completely different men. This one is remarkably like AGT, the other not at all in my eyes.

I layered the two images..using the eyes as a base.... This is the outcome..

di-N1ID.jpg

Id want to see a gap in AGT's teeth to say he matches the sketch. Otherwise he wouldn't match at all.

CANALS AND PONDS

Just behind his OLD home is a canal and I was looking in it this morning.. It is so overgrown, but I do not see any marker tags. I am not sure if LE searched it.
Are you talking about the place on Llagas? south of Middle ave? above the transfer station?

That's really interesting about the incidents in Gilroy, didn't they previously state they were unrelated to Sierra? or was that just the attempted abductions in san jose?

As an aside, there was an attempted abduction of an 11 year old on her way to school in the suburb next to mine this past week. He started by talking to her which she ignored, and then he grabbed her by the wrists and dragged her but she managed to resist and screamed and he gave up. I realised how many attempted abductions you hear of compared to successful ones. It doesn't seem like every perp must escalate else they'd be a lot more actual abductions. So just attempting must be satisfying enough for some, or perhaps off putting enough?? It'd be nice to think the reality of what they are doing makes an impression on them that causes them to stop.

While my 9yo doesn't walk to school and probably never will because of our circumstances, I went over with her what to do in a similar situation. Scream, and drop to the ground and kick, do whatever you can to prevent being picked up, make so much noise. But sadly I know in the end if a grown man wants to subdue someone smaller they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni