GUILTY NE - Juliette Geurts, 2, beaten to death, Gering, 11 July 2008

Great to hear that there is SOME current movement in this case. It's so odd how LE talks about this - as if it's been only weeks since her death, or as if it's an incredibly complex case involving hundreds of possible suspects.

These three adults, among them, murdered this precious child 4 years ago. Thank goodness in Nebraska a family can petition to convene a grand jury. It doesn't seem that LE is going to do a damn thing about this, ever.

I have not forgotten about Juliette.
My concussion has made me think about Juliette's head injury... and whether she suffered from it? Maybe she died quickly...

julietteflag55.jpg

Relatives of a 2-year-old Gering girl who died from head and other injuries in 2008 hope to gather enough signatures on a petition to force a grand jury investigation.

-----------------

Warner said in 2008 that the girl's mother, Charyse Geurts, was among three suspects in the case.

-----------------

"We need new sets of eyes on the evidence, on the case," she said.

http://fremonttribune.com/news/stat...6b8-57af-b7e6-ef73c2440f6e.html#ixzz1vOGxVaXy

The toddler died on July 11, 2008.

She suffered blunt force trauma to the head and abdomen, said her aunt, Monica Hall, recounting the details of an autopsy.
The child suffered a four-inch laceration to the liver.

“She had to have been struck in the head, and someone either punched her or kicked her,” Hall, a nurse, said.

juliette04.jpg

“We feel this is the only way,” Hall said.
“At this point, we feel that nothing will get done as long as Doug Warner is the DA.”
------------------

“The investigation has to get to a higher level than it is right now to be successful,” he said.

Since about the beginning of this year, he said the FBI has been looking at the case, with the intent of advising his office.

--------------------

“We have never blamed one person,” Hall said. “We feel all three are involved.”

----------------------

Ideally, the family wants to gather the 1,200 signatures from Scotts Bluff County residents to present the petition for a grand jury to the Clerk of the District Court on the “angelversary” of Juliette’s death on July 11.

http://www.starherald.com/news/loca...cle_d98606b6-a0a0-11e1-bab3-001a4bcf887a.html

Nebraska is among six states that allow grand juries to convene by petition.

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Family_Petitions_For_Death_Investigation_152152555.html?ref=555

juliettej.jpg

Sorry if I missed this info, but do you have to be a resident of Nebraska in order to sign the petition and have it count towards the number of signatures needed? I'm pretty sure that is how it works but if by chance resident of other states can sign, how could we sign it? I signed one petition that was online already. What else can we do to help?

Sorry if I missed this info, but do you have to be a resident of Nebraska in order to sign the petition and have it count towards the number of signatures needed? I'm pretty sure that is how it works but if by chance resident of other states can sign, how could we sign it? I signed one petition that was online already. What else can we do to help?

In the article it sounds like all signatures have to come from Scotts Bluff County, Nebraska, and have to be hand gathered - can't be an online click thing - needs an actual pen and ink signature.

The county has about 37,000 residents according to the 2010 census. It seems like 1200 is a manageable number - prayers for success in their petition drive.

So in looking at this, they need 974 adult signatures from residents of the county.

I couldn't find a PTA there - although Nebraska has a strong and functioning State PTA, I can't find any evidence that there is a PTA in Scott's Bluff schools. Sad, because this is well within the mission statement of PTAs, and this is the kind of service they can offer in a district - a forum for petitions to be signed. And graduation at the high school was Saturday apparently, that would have been a good opportunity to have parents milling around.

Churches are also a really good resource - 974 signatures just doesn't seem like that many.

Prayers for their success.

They have to be "verified" signatures is my understanding.
So they have to be able to confirm the person who signs it actually exists and really resides in the area.

1200 is a good buffer for the almost 1,000 they HAVE to have. It leaves room for unverified people that would ruin the count.

MEDIA... is what you can do to help.
This family is getting a petition signed to convene a grand jury to try and get justice after 4 years.

Juliette was killed back when Caylee was. That is how long it's been... with nothing.

Juliette's Daddy was a soldier then and is still a soldier now. He is fighting for our kids... why won't the media fight for HIS kids?

Any media who likes to focus on patriotic or soldier stories, is where I think we have the best chance. :twocents:

Oh and Jeanna... when there IS progress on this case, when there is an arrest... you will know it. I PROMISE.
I will have the title changed to reflect it and I'll likely PM everyone too. That will be a very overwhelming day. :please:

I wish I were there to help with gathering names. I wish them the best of luck in gathering enough names and finally getting justice for Juliette, her sister and her father.

One good contact in a local church group can gather a lot of support.

I tend to think target people that are already active in their community. They tend to be more connected to other people also likely to take action instead of just nodding and saying how horrible something while doing nothing. Church, animal rescue, child advocate, fire fighter, is there a local veterans group to work the military angle?

They have 900+ NOTARIZED signatures. They need 974 (verified) signatures.
They plan to get more than 1500 just to be on the safe side to cover those who are disqualified and tossed out.

Please, remember the anniversary of Juliette's murder is JULY 11!
Caylee's case from the same time has been resolved... yet Juliette's has not yet received the attention it needs.
I intend to spend all of my spare time this next month emailing and calling people. I am determined to get attention for this anniversary.

I know there are a few who actually call Nancy's show. If you do please mention Juliette!
This should OUTRAGE Nancy (and everyone else, but especially Nancy.)
The DA's dead babies comment, the TWINS, the soldier Daddy serving our country... this is perfect for her to cover.

I have been without internet... and had to quickly come here now that I have it for a moment.

They have 900+ NOTARIZED signatures. They need 974 (verified) signatures.
They plan to get more than 1500 just to be on the safe side to cover those who are disqualified and tossed out.

Please, remember the anniversary of Juliette's murder is JULY 11!
Caylee's case from the same time has been resolved... yet Juliette's has not yet received the attention it needs.
I intend to spend all of my spare time this next month emailing and calling people. I am determined to get attention for this anniversary.

I know there are a few who actually call Nancy's show. If you do please mention Juliette!
This should OUTRAGE Nancy (and everyone else, but especially Nancy.)
The DA's dead babies comment, the TWINS, the soldier Daddy serving our country... this is perfect for her to cover.

I have been without internet... and had to quickly come here now that I have it for a moment.

I tweet about Juliette often...to media and celebrities, hoping if anything they will just RT - just to bring awareness. So frustrating that no one (especially Nancy) is wanting to give this some attention. I have tweeted the ARMY DAD angle too in hopes that it would grab someones attention. I will keep contacting them until they block me.

There is a WSer that Nancy follows on Twitter...I wonder if she would DM it to Nancy?

Does anyone remember Nancy's producers name? I'll tweet him/her too.

Bree, I absolutely know that you are keeping Juliette out there.
I still have an actual emotional reaction everytime I see your signature. Just seeing it out there! :woohoo:

Juliette playing with her Daddy:

juliettelaughing.jpg

I saw a new producer on Nancy's show tonight. :waitasec: I cannot keep up!
I BELIEVE WillenFan calls and tweets Nancy's show, right? (Will someone please refer her to this thread?)
Honestly my internet is so slow right now it took me an HOUR to get this page to load. :banghead:

I have the outfits these girls are wearing in these pictures.

jjbaby.jpg

jjbaby4.jpg

juliettebaby5.jpg

That little soccer ball? We used that to teach my daughter to "grasp" and "throw." Still have it.

juliettebaby6.jpg

These sisters deserve justice. Period.

Bree, I absolutely know that you are keeping Juliette out there.
I still have an actual emotional reaction everytime I see your signature. Just seeing it out there! :woohoo:

Thank you, MsF! I do think of Juliette daily. She obviously didn't kill herself. Someone needs to be held responsible for her death. And, the DA needs to be held responsible for dropping the ball on this case. 4 years?! Wrong on so many levels!

Listened to an old show on this case today on BTR.... and it just disgusted me. God bless little angel's aunt for fighting so hard to bring her justice. Unbelievable.

Thank you, MsF! I do think of Juliette daily. She obviously didn't kill herself. Someone needs to be held responsible for her death. And, the DA needs to be held responsible for dropping the ball on this case. 4 years?! Wrong on so many levels!

The DA needs to be FIRED, like years ago.
The dead babies comment alone and the way he treated Monica would have been enough for me if I was his boss! :twocents:

Sounds like the Attorney General's office needs some change too. Second case I've heard of this week where they are absolutely no help at all.

What about Levi Page?? Couldn't Levi help get this story out? What about Websleuths radio? People like Marc Klass are on there, he could help Juliettes case noticed too.

What about Levi Page?? Couldn't Levi help get this story out? What about Websleuths radio? People like Marc Klass are on there, he could help Juliettes case noticed too.

I have asked Levi a few times on his FB page to do a story on Juliette's page. I've sent a private message to him through FB as well. I've also tweeted him about it. Nothing!

I have also put a suggestion on the WS Radio thread to do a story about Juliette.

I don't understand why there are so many NATIONAL TV shows and they only cover the same cases. Like hearing the same thing over and over again, show after show, night after night, does any good?? Do these other cases - like Juliette's - not deserve the same recognition??? Sooooo frustrating! :banghead:

:twocents:

I have asked Levi a few times on his FB page to do a story on Juliette's page. I've sent a private message to him through FB as well. I've also tweeted him about it. Nothing!

I have also put a suggestion on the WS Radio thread to do a story about Juliette.

I don't understand why there are so many NATIONAL TV shows and they only cover the same cases. Like hearing the same thing over and over again, show after show, night after night, does any good?? Do these other cases - like Juliette's - not deserve the same recognition??? Sooooo frustrating! :banghead:

:twocents:

Really?? Hmmm. Maybe we need to all send weekly requests to both, until they get tired of us and just do the show.

In regard to asking doctors and nurses questions - they are bound by privacy laws and are not legally able to answer questions unless LE does the asking. You are putting them at risk of losing their professional license AND a $50,000 fine by doing so - this violates HIIPA.
CT scans are not routinely done on children with fevers who have a seizure. It is fairly common for young children to have seizures with high fevers.
The father can request medical records (expect to pay for them) and have a trusted family friend who is a doctor or RN review them if you like.
In some states you don't have to pay if the medical records are being sent to another doctor. If the father knows or has a medical doctor that he could have the medical records sent to, perhaps a doctor that would be able to 'review' the records, then the 'charge' or 'fee' may not apply.
I say this because I had medical records transferred when I relocated to another state, and there was no fee allowable by law because they went to another doctor. Perhaps even another medical facility would be exempt?

they have 900+ notarized signatures. they need 974 (verified) signatures.

please, remember the anniversary of juliette's murder is july 11!
caylee's case from the same time has been resolved... Yet juliette's has not yet received the attention it needs.

I know there are a few who actually call nancy's show. if you do please mention juliette!
this should outrage nancy (and everyone else, but especially nancy.)
the da's dead babies comment, the twins, the soldier daddy serving our country... This is perfect for her to cover.

i have been without internet... And had to quickly come here now that i have it for a moment.
may i sign and where do i sign?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back