ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/luka-magnotta-cannibal-killers-aunt-869087

Found this story where his aunt talk about, It may have been posted already but one sentence struck me as weird at the bottom:

"Magnotta claims to have links to the 2006 murder of a businessman whose body parts were found under the Hollywood sign in LA."

I don't know if it's worded odd, I read it wrong, or bad reporting but it makes it out like Luka himself has said he's linked to the other murder, which I'm not saying he say that, but I was just wondering about the wording.

See what I bolded there? Got it. I now see what you are getting at.

You are correct.

Perhaps it is because while mentioning the negative, not enough contrast was presented as to acknowledge the positive. In that case, and with your clarification, I am now feeling a bit small.

Forgive me. (place simile with band-aid on head here)

Its all good Livingstone. :eek: Both our points of view are valid, I think what I'm trying to say is that despite some disturbing trends in modern life, which you have identified in your posts, humanity on the whole is moving in the right direction.

There seems to be a common theme here that the internet and the general selfishness of modern life are breeding killers and psychos at an unprecedented rate. I have no idea whether or not its true, but I'd just like to post an opposing voice to balance things....

Read the whole essay by Steven Pinker here...http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/pinker07/pinker07_index.html

I think society as a whole has always had it's darkside. It shows psychopaths have always been around and always will until science will either create a "cure' or a way to curb sadist/violet tendencies (if at all possible) or breed out violent people over time.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/luka-magnotta-cannibal-killers-aunt-869087

Found this story where his aunt talk about, It may have been posted already but one sentence struck me as weird at the bottom:

"Magnotta claims to have links to the 2006 murder of a businessman whose body parts were found under the Hollywood sign in LA."

I don't know if it's worded odd, I read it wrong, or bad reporting but it makes it out like Luka himself has said he's linked to the other murder, which I'm not saying he say that, but I was just wondering about the wording.

That's bad reporting. Magnotta has claimed no such thing, if he had it would be all over the news. Either the sub editor was asleep or the people at the Mirror think every claim made by a You Tube sock is a claim by Magnotta.

Its all good Livingstone. :eek: Both our points of view are valid, I think what I'm trying to say is that despite some disturbing trends in modern life, which you have identified in your posts, humanity on the whole is moving in the right direction.

You may very well prove to be right about that.

I will withhold betting my entire money on that side just yet.

You could say our lives have drastically improved and our knowledge has been expanded due to the internet. You could say we have made true friends and formed beneficial relationships by the internet.

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but, I am assuming that you have used the internet for those positive reasons.

That does need to be acknowledged by those of us who tend to see the world as a place of insanity. Some of us have jobs, or world views wherein we see the worst of human nature on an increase.

And though our core world views may differ, there is much we can agree upon.

And ABSOLUTELY TRUE that there are more of us than Luka's. That's for sure.

Better to close on that note.

Have a good one there Capp.

Off topic, but I would like to share this image of a Kingston Pen cell, circa 1972.
It really is a beautiful sight.

conf1.jpg

from a Government of Canada website. http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/hist/1960/third1-eng.shtml

:jail:

Hope everyone is having a most satisfactory Monday.

Given the rampant discussion in previous threads focusing on both the allegation that the accused utilized TOR/The Dark Net (the Deep Web) and a general discussion of Tor, The Dark (or Deep) Net (or Web), I thought that folks might be interested in this well written, informative article by Gawker Media.

‘Dark Net’ Kiddie *advertiser censored* Website Stymies FBI Investigation

http://gawker.com/5916994/dark-net-kiddie-*advertiser censored*-website-stymies-fbi-investigation

We're fascinated by the Tor Network, an online anonymizing technology that is often referred to by the much more sexy nickname "the dark net." The dark net is a shadow internet where people can do what they please with little fear of being tracked down and identified. Activists in oppressive regimes use the dark net, but so do drug dealers, gun dealers and pedophiles.

Newly released documents from the FBI provide an inside look at how authorities are largely helpless to stop even a brazen child *advertiser censored* trade on the dark net.

Again, the full article which includes further details and links to the author's source information: http://www.gawker.com/5916994/dark-net-kiddie-*advertiser censored*-website-stymies-fbi-investigation

There seems to be a common theme here that the internet and the general selfishness of modern life are breeding killers and psychos at an unprecedented rate. I have no idea whether or not its true, but I'd just like to post an opposing voice to balance things....

Read the whole essay by Steven Pinker here...http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/pinker07/pinker07_index.html

Thanks.

I personally think the idea that the Internet and "modern living" is "breeding" killers and psychos is the biggest load of crap I've ever heard.

Before the Internet, there was the Zodiac Killer, who used to send letters to newspapers for publication, to glorify his crimes and seek attention.

No one back then claimed newspapers were "breeding" psychopaths and killers.

And before the mass press or even the Telegraph, there was Jack the Ripper who used to send hand written letters to the detectives pursuing him at Scotland Yard.

No one back then claimed that the selfishness of Victorian period London living was fostering killers by the thousand and leading to the decline of society. And if they did, they would be laughably wrong.

There have been psychopaths like LRM since time immemorial. Before the Internet, they found other outlets for their attention seeking and murderous ways. The Internet today happens to be the most predominant medium of communication today, and thus it was a central outlet for LRM's own fantasies.

Yes, yes they can... A mentally ill (insane) person who is either on or off their meds can be capable of anything from brushing their teeth to planning & carrying out murder.

I know the majority here would like to believe he is simply a psychopath but I believe his mental health is much more serious and has been neglected for years. See my previous post below with links:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #7

I respectfully disagree. I realize we don't know much about the accused killer but from what I've been reading about him, I don't think he exhibited symptoms of schizophrenia.

Here is just a quick search I did online and I'm sure there are many other articles.

The Difference Between Psychopathy & Psychosis

EXAMPLES OF PSYCHOTIC SYMPTOMS

Individuals exhibiting psychotic symptoms are as follows: 1) A man who has paranoid delusions that he is being followed by the Government 2) A woman who believes she is being attacked by all of the plants in her home, 3) A woman who hears voices telling her to harm herself or someone else, 4) A disheveled homeless man wearing multiple layers of clothes in the Summer who appears incoherent and shouts at people randomly, 5) A young man who has a flat affect (no eye contact/unresponsive) and if asked a question may respond with a brief, empty reply repeatedly.

(Note: The above examples are only some common symptoms of psychotic behavior and NOT INTENDED for anyone to try to diagnose someone else. More information would be needed and diagnosing is intended only for trained mental health professionals).

DEFINITION OF PSYCHOPATHY

2Psychopathy is defined as a personality disorder in which the following traits or exhibited: 1) Glib and superficial charm, 2) Grandiose exaggeration of self, 3) Need for stimulation, 4) Pathological lying, 5) Cunning and manipulativeness, 6) Lack of remorse or guilt, 7) Shallow affect, 8) Callousness and lack of empathy, 9) Parasitic lifestyle, 10) Poor behavioral controls 11) Sexual promiscuity, 12) Early behavior problems, 13) Lack of realistic long-term goals, 14) Impulsivity, 15) Irresponsibility, 16) Failure to accept responsibility for own actions, 17) Many short-term marital relationships, 18) Juvenile delinquency, 19) Revocation of conditional release, 20) Criminal versatility. Furthermore, Psychopaths typically do not show signs of having a conscience and are highly intelligent individuals.

http://veracity83.hubpages.com/hub/The-Difference-Between-Psychopathy--Psychotic-Disorders

Good essay, but i would argue that it hasn't diminished at all; it is just underground.

Underground? There's always been an underground. Every era of human civilization in history, has had dark elements and undercurrents where there was plenty of crime, violence, and deviants.

I have a weird question: Has someone already kind of analysed LMs posts? I would like to make a little list containing LMs most common spelling mistakes in order to maybe find some more postings written by him... Most of the postings we have been looking at were those containing his full name - and I think he wrote many posts only to distract the animal rights group abit.
If you look at this for instance:
http://forums.miamibeach411.com/general-discussion/7346-strong-self-esteem-luka-magnotta-2010-a.html
He claims here that he has recently moved to Miami, but if you follow the thread, a moderator is revealing that his IP address shows he was in Canada when he wrote it.
In many other posts on different websites, he always seems to make sure his full name is there, either to advertise his name or maybe to distract the animal rights groups trying to track him down.
So, if we could create a small list of his spelling mistakes we may be able to find other posts by him, maybe find something relevant to the murder?
I have not been very successful so far, but I am not that good in spelling in English. What I have found is: "probley", "parants", "accross", and maybe "asthough" (isnt it "as_though"?).
I know it would not be easy to find something, because many people make spelling mistakes like that. At least it will be helpful to distinguish LMs posts from trolls.
Please tell me if you think its a stupid idea :blushing:

Hope everyone is having a most satisfactory Monday.

Given the rampant discussion in previous threads focusing on both the allegation that the accused utilized TOR/The Dark Net (the Deep Web) and a general discussion of Tor, The Dark (or Deep) Net (or Web), I thought that folks might be interested in this well written, informative article by Gawker Media.

‘Dark Net’ Kiddie *advertiser censored* Website Stymies FBI Investigation

http://gawker.com/5916994/dark-net-kiddie-*advertiser censored*-website-stymies-fbi-investigation

Again, the full article which includes further details and links to the author's source information: http://www.gawker.com/5916994/dark-net-kiddie-*advertiser censored*-website-stymies-fbi-investigation

Gawker is actually getting its terminology wrong.

There is no "THE darknet". There is THE "Deep Web" and there are "darknets". And they are not the same.

The deep web is merely all the sites, content, wikis, and forums that is actually hosted on the World Wide Web, but is not crawled by traditional web crawlers like Google or Bing. It is much bigger, broader, and you don't necessarily need Tor to access it. Heck, if you create a unique domain and put some content on it, but don't register it with any search browser, arguably that content is part of the deep web, because no one will find it unless you hand out the domain/DNS for the server/host.

A darknet is different. It's typically a private network, that is password protected, and usually has a dynamic address (which changes from time to time). Darknets do not even have to be part of the Internet, but they are oftentimes accessible via the Deep Web.

Think of darknets as private clubs; all sorts of legal and illegal behavior can happen in private clubs.

In other words, the Deep Web contains darknets and portals to darknets, but they are not the same thing.

I've been thinking of prisons for LRM (not that I'm jumping ahead or anything!! :lol:) - and I cannot think of where he'll be held in Montreal before/during the trial. Further to that, I kinda doubt he'll be placed in the Kingston Penitentiary because Paul Bernardo is there. His IDOL!! :jail:

I'm wondering if LRM will be sent 'out west' to a maximum security prison. Isn't there one called Stoney Mountain Penitentiary? Can someone from Western Canada help with this, please?

:tyou:

I heard they are going to be building a max security prison in Windsor, Ontario. Not sure when or if it's a definite. Might try and find out if it's going to happen for sure.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...lantic/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Montreal police say they won’t be revealing any new details for the time being in their case against Luka Rocca Magnotta.

This does not surprise me in the least. Also we will not know he is heading back to Canada until he has arrived, landed and been transported to where he will be held here in Canada until the start of his trial. I am sure there are more than a few reporters basically living at the Montreal airport just waiting and checking the arrival of any flights from Germany, Britain and France. I would think they would travel with him on a direct flight from Europe so they don't have to worry about transfering to a connecting flight if at all possible.

Excellent link to the articles on the deep web etc. very helpful.

On the other hand I am at a loss to understand the reluctance to think that L.M. could have other victims. Luka looks acts and kills like a hitman not a T.V. hitman an actual hitman.

On the anti-personality disorder website that he blogged on many or most did not believe the body to be real because he cut through it so fast - it is not just editing he's been trained.

Why are all these police forces spending so much time on cold cases and tracking L.M.'s voyages are they helping him with a travel memoir? Or do they have evidence in the fabled "raw" video that he's probably done it before?

Now there is something different about this case vs. what he has done before but there has been no attempt here so far to explore that the why o that.

I heard they are going to be building a max security prison in Windsor, Ontario. Not sure when or if it's a definite. Might try and find out if it's going to happen for sure.
The South West Detention Centre being built outside of Windsor is more of a jail (i.e pre-detention holding and sentences of 2 years-less-a-day) :seeya:

This does not surprise me in the least. Also we will not know he is heading back to Canada until he has arrived, landed and been transported to where he will be held here in Canada until the start of his trial. I am sure there are more than a few reporters basically living at the Montreal airport just waiting and checking the arrival of any flights from Germany, Britain and France. I would think they would travel with him on a direct flight from Europe so they don't have to worry about transfering to a connecting flight if at all possible.

Think I read he will NOT be flying commercial airline. Those reporters may have a long wait at the gate. Sorry, no link, just remember reading it.

The first killvid of kittens should have been enough evidence to arrest this guy. The dropped the ball, collectively all LE that did nothing. I know they are busy but crime like torture of animals should not be taken lightly ever.
Children who abuse animals should be thoroughly evaluated to see if they can help them before they end up Luka, obviously begging for attention his whole life.

The kitten video was most likely filmed in Central America, so that is where the arrest should have happened. It was uploaded in the UK, so I suppose there could have been an arrest there too if someone in Central American had made a request. Two months after uploading the kitten video, LM moved to Montreal. They had no jurisdiction to arrest him because he had not broken any laws in Montreal ... yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime&psych