ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police confirmed this morning Mr Baden-Clay was also charged with one count of unlawfully interfering with a corpse.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...ifes-murder-20120613-20atq.html#ixzz1xi7DIgMh

so we might infer she was killed in Brookfield, either at the home or nearby perhaps where screams were heard, then transported in the Captiva to Kholo Creek? Cowardly greedly heartless bastards(emotions moving on from excitement and sadness and moving towards ANGER)

I know one thing, I am really looking forward to hearing the arrest of the other parties involved...and I am starting to think there are a few

One of our owners explained it on the threadiquette thread. Again, please discuss there.

Back to the topic,

I cannot get over this quote!!!

"[GBC] was regularly quoted in media reports about the real estate market.

``In business, it's simple: never lie,'' he said in 2008. ``For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

``There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails . . . and too much to lose.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-e6freoof-1226394560300

To me, this shows that he is probably a sociopath. If he is, the ability to plan ahead of time doesn't shock me.

:tears:

My heart breaks for these women who are murdered by the men who are supposed to love and protect them. :tears:
OMGoodness...who did they arrest (FINALLY!)? So many pages, so little time!

One of our owners explained it on the threadiquette thread. Again, please discuss there.

Back to the topic,

I cannot get over this quote!!!

"[GBC] was regularly quoted in media reports about the real estate market.

``In business, it's simple: never lie,'' he said in 2008. ``For starters, it's the wrong thing to do but secondly you will always get caught out and usually when you least expect it.

``There are just too many people, too many personalities, too many trails . . . and too much to lose.''

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...rged-with-murder/story-e6freoof-1226394560300

To me, this shows that he is probably a sociopath. If he is, the ability to plan ahead of time doesn't shock me.

:tears:

My heart breaks for these women who are murdered by the men who are supposed to love and protect them. :tears:

nah,.... I just think he is a typical business man banging on about his own cause trying to make a dollar....some have ethics some dont

when I look at the photos of GBC being taken to the watchhouse handcuffed, I think he looks very sociopathic, if there is such a look! Its like his mask has slipped away and there is just a coldness there. It may also just be the adrenalin or nerves or something, but he looks ICY

That's what I thought!! There was something different about his 'look'... and it was not the devastation that his lawyers claim he is feeling. IMO
Maybe you're right, his mask has slipped!!

Reporter on the Today Show just indicated that he will be heard at 9:00am this morning in Court Room one, in the Brisbane Magistrates Court.

I gaged the reporter seemed to be a bit of a GBC sympathist. Saying Gerard, doesnt seemed to know what happened to his wife and that for some "unknown reason" police decided to bring him in........

Ummmmm. maybe, because they think he murdered his wife.

:doh: I'm getting confused. One article said he gave a formal interview (the one I quoted previously) and this one says he didn't.

The 41-year-old is not believed to have given a formal interview yesterday, but consented to a forensic procedure for a sample of his DNA. He is expected to face Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/national/alli...with-murder-20120613-20all.html#ixzz1xhe9IJpQ

Gotta love the press. :sigh:

Apparently Mr Baden Clay was very tight lipped, hence the short interview period.

I think if he had any love for his poor children he would confess and avoid putting them through the additional pain of a long trial.

Great news that the wheels of justice are turning. IMO it's extremely unlikely he will be granted bail.

I know everyone is fully entitled to their own "IMO's" but I for one am going to resist the urge to sensationalise or further confuse a case that will now get tried in our Court system. I have no idea where the claim came from, but I'll bet my left one there was no firearm used in this crime, silenced or otherwise. Discussing people's experience with guns and using more space on make-believe is a waste of everyone's time, IMO. Although someone might have ridden the kids bicycle wearing the wig with the Big Game Hunter's rifle across their back to the roundabout on their way to the adult get-together, before the alien abduction. I guess we have to acknowledge any speculation is 'possible'.

Regardless, anyone who thinks the man charged with murder is unlikely/incapable, probably hasn't followed the case, given there seems strong likelihood of sociopathic tendencies and a superiority complex that would have taken a bit of a beating in the last year or so. If the alleged domestic violence history and an unusual scene greeting police on Day One at the house are true, the odds against him get higher.

The local reports of interaction with him don't support any marketese about his grand lineage and amazing ethics. People we know say they found him arrogant and self-centred, with a temper that flared up unexpectedly. He was known for inappropriate comments/approaches to females, which has been most likely been recorded in evidence given to police (and IMO the number of instances of this over past years might be quite surprising). The fact he allegedly had one or more affairs which it appears he almost paraded in front of his colleagues, seems to indicate he isn't someone most of us would seek to hang out with.

IMO we'll eventually hear about an alleged event that didn't go as planned, if there was earlier intent or planning involved before the murder. Nothing about disposal of Allison's body indicates a carefully executed event. But given the QPS have every piece of GBC's life before the murder, all electronic communications, his phone, emails he thought he'd deleted forever, other email accounts and messages
in addition to his work email, his call history, his DNA, evidence from the community, reported sightings of a vehicle he was most likely in control of, and his behaviour displayed since his wife was reported missing then confirmed killed, there is no doubt more to come as someone suggested. But I don't think the ''more" is going to work in his favour. IMO.

My thoughts are with the poor little girls who must be so confused and as life goes on will feel the ultimate betrayal this senseless act has caused. We can hate the person/people responsible, but that isn't going to make the future any easier to handle for these poor kids. It's just a shame the false persona can't be dropped to have this 'man' tell them what he did and why he did it, and throw himself on their mercy, so the family could have some closure and come to explain/comprehend their loss.

Oh man! :tears:

I'm sitting here in South Africa with the HEAVIEST heart for those 3 little girls, & can't help wondering whether they'll EVER be able to live NORMAL lives ANYWHERE in Australia, yet MAYBE, maybe they could (once the $900k insurance payout surfaces), attend a really pleasant boarding school in Europe somewhere. :cheer:
There are ENGLISH speaking private schools throughout the world for diplomats children ~ American schools, French schools etc. ... so there shouldn't be any problem with language, and in any case, such youngsters pick up foreign languages as easily as us adults picks up colds! :gasp:

I just PRAY that they can be 'devoid' of all the inevitable DRAMA. :bigfight:

Maybe Gran & Grandpa Dickie would also like to reside in a lovely Swiss chalet for a couple of years, and have their girls visit over weekends or whatever? :HHJP:
My folks would!

Just a thought ... you know me by now ... always loads of THOUGHTS & prayers too.

Love & LIGHT to one & ALL (including the perpetrator of this absolutely unforgivable mess!)
:cowcouch:

No think they are best right where they are.......In fact, Grandma and Grandpa Dickie are already actually living in the best country in the world, the best part of the country (QLD) in its sth East....NO WHERE in the world is as good as that part....No old Chalet in swiss alps would even compare to the gold Coast, its hinterland, its beaches, Brisbane, the Qld fraser Coast the NSW coast, sydney the Qld outback and the Australian lifestyle just to name a few.....those girls would be much better off in a land where everyone looks after each other and the word mate means just that...its more than a a friend....Mate is sort of like family....

I hate to say this...but I dont think 900k is going to go far at all....

Reporter on the Today Show just indicated that he will be heard at 9:00am this morning in Court Room one, in the Brisbane Magistrates Court.

I gaged the reporter seemed to be a bit of a GBC sympathist. Saying Gerard, doesnt seemed to know what happened to his wife and that for some "unknown reason" police decided to bring him in........

Ummmmm. maybe, because they think he murdered his wife.

The Qld Magistrates Court List has him down for 9am; but seems like they put a few at the same time. But I think this is the committal reading.

I think many of us went through the same range of emotions. Good luck with your exam.
:sunshine:

Agreed. What a roller coaster.. Just makes me so mad - All that time I hung onto the hope that it could possibly be some other explanation.... Ha! Stupid me. Well, no more falling for the 'three card trick' I hope, from today I think I'll be just a little less trusting of what is on the surface with people... angry that I didn't see/ feel anything that would alert me to her being in trouble. Hopefully we'll all learn something about being more available and switched on, out here in Pleasantville, AU...
Grrrr. bring on the cricket match - I'm gonna slug that ball for a 6 :maddening:

It was reoported on TV last nights news that bail would not be granted.

Allison - justice will be brought - you deserve nothing less.

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Where would he get the money for bail. As far as we know he has no property to use for surety and didn't someone post that his parents property is mortgaged to the bank.

And who gets to pay the lawyers? Bet they don't stick around when they find out they might only receive legal aid payment.

Sooner Fan.....Footy is short for football...

2 states out of Australia play a game of rugby (its played in England) they play 3 times a year NSW against QLD and during our night time they played the 3rd. http://www.nrl.com/Default.aspx

The rest of the states play An Australian game of football, which has many more followers....you can also find it scattered across the country of usa.

just in case your interested...here is a link: http://www.usafl.com/

and here is the main one in Australia http://www.afl.com.au/

sorry this wrong and I know it is off topic.

Some people in Queensland and New South Wales play a game called Rugby League, a variation on the game of Rugby, but some quite deifferent rules. Rugby Union and Rugby League are two separate forms of football and have massive followings in Queensland, New South Wales, New Zealand and to a smaller extent England. It is a faster moving game than Rugby Union.

Alison Ariotti just said on Today that he also now has a second charge....and that charge is "Interfering with a corpse"

I'm surprised Alison Sandy has just said on twitter that GBC is applying for bail in court today. My understanding is this isn't correct - this needs to be done next week in the supreme court. Wish they'd get their reporting right, especially at this important time in the case.

Really gBC must be one cooler character, I can't imagine what it has been like in the last weeks waiting for the police to visit.

The Courier Mail article has a couple of interesting lines about the girls never leaving his side and going with there Grandfather (NBC) to pick up GBC from his office. If they have been living with the BC Snrs (the boarded up house was obviously a rumour) WHY have the police released the young girls into Allison's parents custody? Surely the more sensible option would have been back to the senior Baden Clays, and they could have continued going to school and being in the same locality - something is still not right about the snr BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998