ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine this is to see what time the Footy Show actually started on the Thursday night as it notorious for running late. Probably to confirm his story of seeing Allison watching the Footy Show at 10 p.m.

My husband has insisted from the beginning that the Footy Show on that night was running late as the Voice was on and that it didnt start until about 10.30 p.m.

Actually that could be true as remember I was watching the footy show that night and am pretty sure it went really late which means it must have started late.

Police are used to that sort of treatment from relatives. This is not the first arrest they have made in their lives. But, they don't deserve such treatment.

Yeah they arent exactly going to thank them haha.

In a way, if they had nothing to do with the crime (Nigelaine).....and the police came to tell them "Dont pick up the girls, they are going to Geoff and Priscilla's", after they are so used to being hands on with the girls...............It would have been so hard for them. I'd have been distraught too :( (not abusive though)

Though with such tidings, I find it most understandable that the girls went with the Dickie's...to a certain degree.

They had been interviewing his family members, so I think he was upset over that and that is the reason the arrest was brought forward. If it were concern for the girls, surely they would have waited for the weekend?

sketch_729-420x0.jpg

An artist's impression of Gerard Baden-Clay, as he sat in Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...charged-with-wifes-murder-20120613-20atq.html

He refused to face the public gallery. He actually turned through 90 degrees and sat sideways on the chair to face straight ahead so that he couldn't see anybody in the back of the court.

http://www.abc.net.au/worldtoday/content/2012/s3524899.htm

They had been interviewing his family members, so I think he was upset over that and that is the reason the arrest was brought forward. If it were concern for the girls, surely they would have waited for the weekend?

So are you saying that if the police were concerned for the childrens safety because of their fathers mental state that they should leave them with him for a couple more days?

When I heard that they were worried about his mental state - I just had to post. What about POOR Allisons' mental state did he even give a thought to what he was doing to her while he was carrying on with TM and the other floosys and ignoring her basic needs and statur in the community? She stood by him valiantly and he turned his back and continued to please himself. The media on Channel 9 mentioned the families were not on 'great' terms with each other - so it is interesting that his sister was going to great lengths to make it look like GBC really gave a shyt about ABC. And the rest of that interview - worthless - a few more lip bitings and more evidence of how bad of a liar GBC really is!

Goodness me - insanity plea? more like it should be bankruptacy plea- he is in full control of his faculties - he knew how to delay the police questioning, (have a convenient car accident and get admitted to hospital) he has refused to be of significant help to the investigation obviously because he will be implicated and has not shown any emotion NEGATIVE or POSITIVE about ABC's demise. This is not an insane man - but a man who is astute, deceitful and cunning. I can only hope that this is brought out in the legal analysis but I won't be holding my breath.

Sorry a rant - just hoping that the police are one step ahead of that awful legal team!!! Cause justice for the Dickies is really all I am concerned about now! They are the only ones who are capable and loving enough to look after those poor dear lost children.

So are you saying that if the police were concerned for the childrens safety because of their fathers mental state that they should leave them with him for a couple more days?

No, wasn't looking at it from a safety aspect. They were with GBC and his parents, I thought?
I was only thinking of the disruption to their lives, no school tomorrow and now probably a new school.

When I heard that they were worried about his mental state - I just had to post. What about POOR Allisons' mental state did he even give a thought to what he was doing to her while he was carrying on with TM and the other floosys and ignoring her basic needs and statur in the community? She stood by him valiantly and he turned his back and continued to please himself. The media on Channel 9 mentioned the families were not on 'great' terms with each other - so it is interesting that his sister was going to great lengths to make it look like GBC really gave a shyt about ABC. And the rest of that interview - worthless - a few more lip bitings and more evidence of how bad of a liar GBC really is!

Goodness me - insanity plea? more like it should be bankruptacy plea- he is in full control of his faculties - he knew how to delay the police questioning, (have a convenient car accident and get admitted to hospital) he has refused to be of significant help to the investigation obviously because he will be implicated and has not shown any emotion NEGATIVE or POSITIVE about ABC's demise. This is not an insane man - but a man who is astute, deceitful and cunning. I can only hope that this is brought out in the legal analysis but I won't be holding my breath.

Sorry a rant - just hoping that the police are one step ahead of that awful legal team!!! Cause justice for the Dickies is really all I am concerned about now! They are the only ones who are capable and loving enough to look after those poor dear lost children.

Couldnt have said it better myself thanks, other than I would have had some swear words in there haha.

Yesssss.....totally agree with all you have said....and REALLY...he was upset about his family being questioned.....hmmm....I would have thought coldly killing his wife would be upsetting, but he never did manage to show it.

:pullhair: *advertiser censored*

His mental state could be detrimental to others, more so than himself. Police still have a duty of care, irrespective of what a person may or may not have done.

The insanity plea seems to have blown out of proportion in the last few hours, I can't imagine he'd get away with it even if he tried.
Has this actually been reported from a credible source ?

Dont apologise for the rant, its a highly emotive situation.

We do not want him to avoid a trial. I hope they are taking very good care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd