WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if LE received this photo from someone & demanded ransom & that someone said there are "others".

Welcome to WS :Welcome1:paYinzer!
Interesting thought, I think the FBI would handle ransom demands. IMO

To the left of the photo, as another member pointed out, is a support jack, they are available at most big box stores such as Lowes', HomeDepot etc. Above his head appears to be the subframe from an automobile and to the right of the picture above his head looks like the underside of a car trunk lid.
The piece of equipment to the right looks industrial in nature and may be an old fashioned metal lathe. My guess would be wherever he is, it is underground, thus the support jack. The car trunk lid makes me think it is something fabricated by somone. JMHO judging by what I can get from the grainy photo.

I agree that it looks like some kind of trunk lid, especially with those holes and the indentation in the middle that would hold a license plate. Makes no sense when you think of the support joist, tho.

I agree that it looks like some kind of trunk lid, especially with those holes and the indentation in the middle that would hold a license plate. Makes no sense when you think of the support joist, tho.

Welcome to WS:greetings:

OK, guys-metal lathes are used for what and in what profession?

OK, guys-metal lathes are used for what and in what profession?
A machinist will use a metal lathe.

A wood worker to turn the wood. I have beautiful turned Christmas decoration that have been made with a lathe.

There is a cnc lathe that that the computer will create images for it to make.. thanks to my hubby for the guidance..
Hope this helps :)

Are these common among DIY folks or do you have to specialize or have it in a shop? I am trying to figure out how to look for him.

My son is at the movies now escaping the heat :what: so I can't check with him...but wiki mentions that they can be used by hobbyists as well as professional machinists.

Ok, just occurred to me. Others have mentioned that some other item in the pic looks like part of a car (hood, I think?)... I'm fairly certain a machinist would be required for work on certain auto engine parts. Could we be looking for an auto machinist?

The nose is more like the initial photo, but to me the ears are not quite right. It would be helpful to see different photos of this James. Interesting that this James was from Leesburg, Florida. Isn't that Casey Anthony territory?

Casey Anthony is from Orlando,FL - Trenton Duckett was from Leesburg, FL - I live in Leesburg, FL

Not much info. Wonder what this is all about.

Thanks, that's what leads me to suspect a makeshift bunker, made of scraps from an auto graveyard or the like.

Are these common among DIY folks or do you have to specialize or have it in a shop? I am trying to figure out how to look for him.

I have two woodworking lathes in my shop, some people who do woodworking like to use a metal working lathe because they can do cleaner detail without the skills needed to hold a gouge by hand. A metal working lathe can be used for both metal or wood where as a wood lathe is simply that.

Recently LE has busted several child *advertiser censored* rings and confiscated computers, hard drives and flash drives and the like. It could be where they obtained the photos. JMHO

Very strange article. The boy looks as if his eyes are spaced really far apart.

People who would use a lathe:
Sculptors and other artists
Woodworkers
Metalworkers
Machinists
Engineers
Scientists
Students in engineering and science (There was a chem student who died at Yale in a lathe accident)
Hobbyists such a model rocket makers and gun enthusiasts
Musical Instrument makers
Furniture and cabinet makers

And the list goes on...

Very strange article. The boy looks as if his eyes are spaced really far apart.

I agree, thanks for noticing, wasn't sure how to address the issue but I noticed it too.

I have a good friend who is a machinist, I'll send him a link and ask him if he can ID the machine in question. If it's an older model there is a good chance he may not recognize it though, same if it is a homemade lathe.

ETA: Link sent to my friend, will let you know when I hear back from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82