AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's next to impossible for me to believe BW is in protective custody. It would be a miracle, but I don't think for a second that it's true.

Incest law in Alabama:
Alabama -- Section 13A-13-3 -- Incest

(a) A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:

(1) His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or
(2) His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or
(3) His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or
(4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

(b) A person shall not be convicted of incest or of an attempt to commit incest upon the uncorroborated testimony of the person with whom the offense is alleged to have been committed.

(c) Incest is a Class C felony

http://www.drabruzzi.com/selected_state_incest_laws.htm

Take a look at the pic's on SW's FB Page, he has several of young relatives.

I'm wondering if Brittany was a victim at some point in her life, then recently found out about another young relative? What is the timing of DH's suicide, Brittany going missing and the young relative notifying LE?

Yeah I don't think she is in custody either...LE was searching for her at one time, weren't they? I don't think they would waste resources for a fake search; also don't think they would want any volunteers out searching for someone who is not missing, in case of injuries, etc...

If it helps, the investigation into DH had been going on for 4 months or so. The witness didn't just come forward around the time of BW's disappearance.

If it helps, the investigation into DH had been going on for 4 months or so. The witness didn't just come forward around the time of BW's disappearance.

Thanks Zeaux. I can see now why her parents were immediately suspicious he was linked with her disappearance.

Really appreciate having your input.

Take a look at the pic's on SW's FB Page, he has several of young relatives.

I'm wondering if Brittany was a victim at some point in her life, then recently found out about another young relative? What is the timing of DH's suicide, Brittany going missing and the young relative notifying LE?

I am almost positive the pics of relatives on SW's FB are DH & WWH's children.
BW went to visit DH and he shot himself the next day. I'd say chances of BW being a victim were astronomical with all that is coming out.

I'm guessing the investigation was going on before she went missing...just my guess.
jmoo

Uncle Dustin has a myspace page with obviously fictitious ages listed for children in his friends list.

I am almost positive the pics of relatives on SW's FB are DH & WWH's children.
BW went to visit DH and he shot himself the next day. I'd say chances of BW being a victim were astronomical with all that is coming out.

I'm guessing the investigation was going on before she went missing...just my guess.
jmoo

Thank you!

So if DH was being investigated four months prior to his death, were Scott and Dustin also being looked at? Or did the victim come forward after his death to say the other's were involved?

Uncle Dustin has a myspace page with obviously fictitious ages listed for children in his friends list.

Gross profile picture.

Interesting that his wife closed her FB Page, but last logged into her myspace account on 6/6/12.

Hey amysmom! I agree with you on the reasoning that SW was charged with incest but DK was not.

I do want to point out that SW's charges were all, IIRC, first degree while Kent's charges were all second degree. 1st degree vs 2nd degree has a lot to do with the bond amount. Seems like Kent's bond was only 10,000 and SW's was 150,000.

Is the 'incest' a major factor in the charges or any factor at all?

My guess is that the witness came forward also after DH was out of the picture. Especially if one of his victims is someone very closely related. MOO

It's all moot anyway, the main question is what did they do with Brittney? Hoping she is home soon so her parents can begin the grieving process.

Thank you!

So if DH was being investigated four months prior to his death, were Scott and Dustin also being looked at? Or did the victim come forward after his death to say the other's were involved?

I'm not sure how SW and DK became suspects in the child molestation. It may have been months. So far, the info has been coming from LE, so they are only disclosing limited info.

If there is only one victim they're being charged for, and if it's the victim I think it is, then I doubt the victim came forward since DH's death. I am not sure yet if there's only one victim and if it's the same one DH was being investigated for molesting.

Pics of him with his wife and children on vacation are on his FB. He talks about getting laid off in Tennessee and traveling back and forth for a job in Mobile. His former job was hiring again, but he didn't know if he would go back to it. Nothing on his FB looked suspicious to me before his arrest. btw...I thought at first DH's kids were his because he several pics taken with them.

I wonder who SW stayed with while in Mobile, and if that is where he came in contact with his victims.

bbm

I noticed that too & that he had none of Brittney..Whatever that means, I dunno!

According to his booking page, SW could be bonded out. He has 3 charges with $50,000 bond each for total of $150,000. Maybe no one has the money or the desire to bond him. I'll go find the arrest page.

TY! I wonder WHO bailed out DK..I hope it wasn't his wife! :what:

My guess is that the witness came forward also after DH was out of the picture. Especially if one of his victims is someone very closely related. MOO

It's all moot anyway, the main question is what did they do with Brittney? Hoping she is home soon so her parents can begin the grieving process.

Gonna have to disagree with this vehemently... not 1, not 2... but THREE of BW's uncles were implicated/arrested/under investigation for MAJOR sexual crimes against children.

I'm certain the most recent witness to come forward is NOT the only child that has been victimized in this circle. I pray their families will allow those children to speak up instead of keeping them quiet.

Can you imagine??? It is difficult enough for a victim of any age to gather the strength to speak up when something this horrible happens to them...

Consider what these children would have running through their tortured minds... "look what happened to BW - do you want to end up like her if you talk?"

I am soooo furious and heartbroken over this I don't know what to do or think.

ETA: IN ADDITION... these spouses were ringleaders of misinformation about BW... THEY HAVE TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED to BW or at the VERY LEAST how to find out!!!!

It is my understanding that Brittany was seen getting into a vehicle which matches the description of Dustin Kent's. There were also two other men in that vehicle.

IMO, all of this is related to her disappearance, so not exactly moot. The victim who came forward may have information which ties the men to Brittany and establishes a motive for her disappearance.
icon9.gif

I'm still trying to get all the players and the timeline of the recent events straight.

Incest law in Alabama:
Alabama -- Section 13A-13-3 -- Incest

(a) A person commits incest if he marries or engages in sexual intercourse with a person he knows to be, either legitimately or illegitimately:

(1) His ancestor or descendant by blood or adoption; or
(2) His brother or sister of the whole or half-blood or by adoption; or
(3) His stepchild or stepparent, while the marriage creating the relationship exists; or
(4) His aunt, uncle, nephew or niece of the whole or half-blood.

(b) A person shall not be convicted of incest or of an attempt to commit incest upon the uncorroborated testimony of the person with whom the offense is alleged to have been committed.

(c) Incest is a Class C felony

http://www.drabruzzi.com/selected_state_incest_laws.htm

bbm

I hope this does NOT really mean what it appears to be! :what:

Did Brittney graduate from high school? Did she have a car or license? I think she had a car because of something her friend posted on FB.

I know this doesn't really matter...just my curiosity. She looks like a teeny cute young lady whose charm and looks hadn't been tarnished by the hard knocks life had handed her. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle