WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that looks really close, but I think mystery teens ears are slightly different. Larger lobes, turn up and stick out a bit.

certainly a resemblance there KateB. I wish I wasn't so bad at this kind of thing.

Wait, on second look, they're really not that different. I wonder if his family has been contacted to judge whether this kid could be him?

One of the photos of Taylor looks amazingly like Shawn Hornbeck and it brought his case to mind. I hope this young man can also be rescued and find safety and security once again.

Ok, just occurred to me. Others have mentioned that some other item in the pic looks like part of a car (hood, I think?)... I'm fairly certain a machinist would be required for work on certain auto engine parts. Could we be looking for an auto machinist?

Not necessarily a machinist to fabricate that set up, but someone with welding skills. However, there are so many how to videos on line these days they may not have formal training. A machinist is adapt at turning raw stock metal into useful and accurate parts, whereas a mechanic or someone with mechanical background would be able to make / fix things to get by (we call them shade treemechanics, they make it work whether done properly or not is another question)

Wait, on second look, they're really not that different. I wonder if his family has been contacted to judge whether this kid could be him?

I totally agree - I think it's a good match. Hairlines are incredibly similar and also the earlobe on the right seems to match equally well...also the eyebrow shapes are very similar IMO.

What about it being a boat?

ETA: I mean Minnesota is the "land of 10,000 lakes"...also, if you were were wanting to be secluded for whatever reason, middle or secluded part of a lake would be good. And lord knows you can get internet access anywhere now.

My initial reaction to the image was pontoon boat. The harder I look a the photo the less sure I am but that was my first reaction.

I showed the photos of the machine to a friend who felt that it was not a machine but rather an entertainment unit in the background. They felt it had two vertical doors with handles, with window panels, and something placed ontop of the unit left upper side.
20120619_111654_unknown2.jpg

These are obviously not ideal images - but the wide-apart eyes are indicative of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

In the full-face image, the boy's eyes appear more than one eye width apart.

FAS can effect thought, learning, and decision-making possibly leaving the child an easy target/mark.

Yes, facial structure varies and this child does indeed resemble the Taylor suggested upthread.

Prayers for his safety & identification!

Laughing

Does anyone know why my last post, regarding his myspace page, is no longer on this thread?

I don't know if this will work for all of you but, if you hold ctr and tab the + or - it will enlarge the photo and text here.

Does anyone know why my last post, regarding his myspace page, is no longer on this thread?

It may be down in the parking lot..If we weren't so caught up in what you found and this child someone might have advised you that we can't link minors. sorry..It was an excellent find!

These are obviously not ideal images - but the wide-apart eyes are indicative of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

In the full-face image, the boy's eyes appear more than one eye width apart.

FAS can effect thought, learning, and decision-making possibly leaving the child an easy target/mark.

Yes, facial structure varies and this child does indeed resemble the Taylor suggested upthread.

Prayers for his safety & identification!

Laughing

Wide spaced eyes, yes, but that is not the only facial feature of FAS. He doesn't look like he has low set ears, and the ridges above his lip are prominent and close together, usually with FAS they'd be smooth and wide set. His head doesn't look small to me, either. The wide spaced eyes are a bit odd, could be genetic. I'll admit that FAS was the first thing I thought when I saw the pic, but I just don't see any other features other than his nose is a little small, but not entirely turned up.

We have a thread on him in Unidentified. We have a possible match that has already been called into ICE and they are investigating it now. I will get you the thread info...

Gracelin beat me to it... :)

I agree, thanks for noticing, wasn't sure how to address the issue but I noticed it too.

There is a larger than average space between his eyes. This could have resulted from his mom using Benedectin during pregnancy for nausea, which was popular in the 1979-1981 time period, maybe later. Could also be familial genetics, but I am thinkin perhaps fetal alcohol syndrome which would give this wide eye spread. If you notice his nose has a bit of that broad spread through it too.

I really don't think it's FAS, he doesn't seem to have any of the other facial features.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alicialynne