WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a thread on him in Unidentified. We have a possible match that has already been called into ICE and they are investigating it now. I will get you the thread info...

Gracelin beat me to it... :)

Folks, I am going to merge this thread with the existing one. You may experience some jumbling of posts as they will all be sorted by time. Otherwise, you shouldn't notice a thing.

Fasten your seatbelts though, just in case. ;)

Agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations are asking for the public's help in identifying a boy they believe to be in his teens seen in a Web-based video.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/2...elp-in-identifying-endangered-child/?on.cnn=1

This kids is really going to haunt me, especially the fact that he was see on a web-based video. Not sure about the ICE/ Homeland Security connection unless they have some reason to believe he is out of the country.

Here is a very interesting article about the massive child-trafficking problem in Minnesota and some new legislation trying to combat it http://thecnnfreedomproject.blogs.c...in-crosshairs-of-child-sex-trafficking-fight/

Here is a list of what Homeland Security may be called in to investigate:

"The Special Agents of HSI use their broad legal authority to investigate and combat a range of issues that threaten the national security of the United States such as strategic crimes, human rights violations, human smuggling, art theft, human trafficking, drug smuggling, arms trafficking and other types of smuggling (including weapons of mass destruction), immigration crimes, gang investigations; financial crimes including money laundering, bulk cash smuggling, financial fraud, and trade based money laundering; terrorism, computer crimes including the international trafficking of child *advertiser censored* over the Internet, intellectual property rights crimes (trafficking of counterfeit trademark protected merchandise), cultural property crimes (theft and smuggling of antiquities and art), and import/export enforcement issues."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._Immigration_and_Customs_Enforcement

BBM

IMO we are probably going to see this turn into one of the crimes I've bolded above. Praying for this boy.

My immediate thought when I read ICE/Homeland Security was human trafficking. I remember ICE was involved in Kyron's case.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

My immediate thought when I read ICE/Homeland Security was human trafficking. I remember ICE was involved in Kyron's case.

You're right, Jules. I had forgotten about that.

For those who have FB you can go to "missing" and share the photo/story.

I showed the photos of the machine to a friend who felt that it was not a machine but rather an entertainment unit in the background. They felt it had two vertical doors with handles, with window panels, and something placed ontop of the unit left upper side.
20120619_111654_unknown2.jpg

I can see what you are seeing, I thought a boat and maybe they were buildings with a dock.

I really don't think it's FAS, he doesn't seem to have any of the other facial features.
There are varying features for FAS, they won't necessarily have all of them or many of them. Heck my friend's husband has NONE of them, however he was an FAS baby.

I showed the photos of the machine to a friend who felt that it was not a machine but rather an entertainment unit in the background. They felt it had two vertical doors with handles, with window panels, and something placed ontop of the unit left upper side.

That's exactly what I thought. At first I thought that it looked like he was under some sort of gas station awning and that it was an old fashioned pump, but the more I look at it I see some sort of glass paneled bookcase or entertainment center with glass doors. I think the angle of the still short distorts it so that objects next to it and in front of it appear to be part of it.

Tips will remain anonymous, ICE said. Anyone with information is asked to call the ICE Tip Line, which is staffed 24 hours a day, at 866-347-2423. Locally, people can also call Homeland Security Investigations at 952-853-2690 and selection option 1 and then option 4 to leave a message for the duty agent.
Tips can be emailed to SPMduty@ice.dhs.gov or submitted online at www.ice.gov/tips/

bumping tip info.

What I meant to post was what if it is a movie camera...

Yes! It's like a China cabinet you can see the glass panes and door handles!

There is a larger than average space between his eyes. This could have resulted from his mom using Benedectin during pregnancy for nausea, which was popular in the 1979-1981 time period, maybe later. Could also be familial genetics, but I am thinkin perhaps fetal alcohol syndrome which would give this wide eye spread. If you notice his nose has a bit of that broad spread through it too.

What does his facial features have to do with identifying this guy?

http://www.startribune.com/local/minneapolis/159639955.html

ICE spokesman Shawn Neudauer said that locating the boy could help law enforcement "remove a couple of young people from a dangerous environment."

Homeland Security Investigations is charged with monitoring illegal activity on the internet.

Wait, on second look, they're really not that different. I wonder if his family has been contacted to judge whether this kid could be him?
We're a day late & 100 posts behind now post-merge. Back to reading mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288