WI - ICE seeks help to ID youth in photos #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good find. Could be related. Wonder why it took them 2.5 years to track down this guy.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

The man in Madison, WI appears to be a gamer, star trek fanatic based on finding his Twitter and Facebook account. His "Linked in" profile says he is an "Computer & Network Security Professional". Not sure if he is the man in question regarding this case...but for those who are interested his info isn't hard to find.

Good find. Could be related. Wonder why it took them 2.5 years to track down this guy.

I don't know what is involved in this type of investigation, or why it would take so long, especially where child *advertiser censored* is suspected.

The two photos are so chilling. The side view is very troubling to me, as it looks as if the young man has either gotten caught or is worried that someone is going to catch him.

This one will keep me up tonight searching the computer for any information.

IMO, this boy does not appear on a missing child website. I am sure LE, Feds etc. have searched them thoroughly before ever asking for help. I believe they are hoping someone is going to recognize him from the photos.

The man in Madison, WI appears to be a gamer, star trek fanatic based on finding his Twitter and Facebook account. His "Linked in" profile says he is an "Computer & Network Security Professional". Not sure if he is the man in question regarding this case...but for those who are interested his info isn't hard to find.

Yep. I was just coming to say I found a FB page for the guy in the article in Madison WI. Says he graduated in 1998 and I was imagining the man in the article to be older. Going to check a few things.

If they already have the adult in custody, they would have access to his computers, financial records, phone records, emails, IPs,everything, basically. Why would they still be looking to identify the child/children? Why can I not understand this scenario?

After taking a few steps back, I am thinking that this isn't going to be a case of a missing child, but a case of parent doing bad things with their child. I don't think ICE would say help us find him- if they thought was a missing child with an abductor. I think it may be a case of parents gone wild and they are trying to pinpoint the location - from anyone who may have seen him. MOO But, I am pretty certain they can scan the MP as we can if they just wanted an idea of WHO he is rather than WHERE he is.

From the article:
"According to the criminal complaint, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children forwarded a CyberTipline report on November 17, 2009, to the Wisconsin Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. The CyberTipline report included information about a screen name and email address associated with the posting of images online that allegedly contained child *advertiser censored*."

I think the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children found one or more missing children pictured in *advertiser censored* and tracked down this User Name and email and sent a tip to WI Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force. It then took them 2.5 years to find this guy - EJW in Madison, WI. I think the boy they are looking for is a missing child and he was in pictures they saw and are trying to find him. I feel like this has to do with a child *advertiser censored* ring and this kid was kidnapped for that purpose. I don't know if this EJW is linked to that ring or just downloaded *advertiser censored*. Jmo.

After taking a few steps back, I am thinking that this isn't going to be a case of a missing child, but a case of parent doing bad things with their child. I don't think ICE would say help us find him- if they thought was a missing child with an abductor. I think it may be a case of parents gone wild and they are trying to pinpoint the location - from anyone who may have seen him. MOO But, I am pretty certain they can scan the MP as we can if they just wanted an idea of WHO he is rather than WHERE he is.

I agree. As I mentioned before, I don't believe that this young man is going to show up as a missing child/person for whatever reason. I doubt ICE would seek help until they'd exhausted every available resource, including missing children/persons websites.

According to the first article, this young man "may need law enforcement assistance, but may not be able to request it."

The update states that Homeland Security doesn't know who he is or how old he is but "a spokesperson says they know enough about him that they believe multiple young people could be removed from a dangerous environment if he can be identified." It also states that "they know an adult is involved in the case and there is an online video that's also part of the investigation."

Multiple young people?? That is a very terrifying thought! What could involve young people, a dangerous environment and an online video? Child *advertiser censored* is the first thing that comes to mind, unfortunately.

I agree that this child isn't going to show up as a missing child for whatever reason. I doubt ICE would seek help until they'd exhausted every available resource, including missing children websites.

According to the article, this young man may have passed through the Michigan or Wisconsin area within the past 18-24 months. I wish they would be a little more forthcoming regarding why they think this.

I agree, I do also...is it just the shirt he is wearing ? Or more info? I realize they may not be able to release more info as we would like, but still frustrating!

What does his facial features have to do with identifying this guy?

To some folks who will be looking through files at many photos, the concept that the child will look similar to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome facial features might make it easier to look through thousands of children's pictures. Facial features are generally important if one is attempting to identify a person by a photo.:banghead:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/absolutenm/templates/template_share.aspx?articleid=2927&zoneid=1

This states a status conference will be held July 2nd, the same date as Wesser's court hearing. Coincidence?

It also mentions the video referenced in other articles, which shows children in sexually explicit situations.

"In the complaint, a City of Boise, Idaho, detective, working undercover, reported receiving a file on May 23, 2011, from the suspect's email account that contained a six minute video of children in sexually explicit activities."

I really do believe this is related. The pics of the boy were said to come from a video.

http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/

This talks about this picture and if it is a match to Taylor. Taylor went missing in 2010.

I can see why some of us think Taylor is a match, but IMO the ears don't match - look at the lobes. But there are similarities, too.

I wish there was an age-progression photo of Tyler Schladweiler. It's hard to tell from his baby picture, but the eyebrows and wide-set eyes do look similar to the unidentified young man we're trying to identify.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schladweiler_tyler.html

I still doubt we'll find this unidentified young man on a missing persons website. But I'm hopeful that because of his rather unusual looks, someone will recognize him. He must have attended school somewhere, had friends or teachers who will remember him.

I first saw the image of this unidentified boy last night and then could not sleep as I was haunted by his face. In the pic where he is looking at the web cam his face is SO sad. It breaks my heart as I, too, think this is related to child *advertiser censored*. I am terrified for him and want him safe NOW.

I am wondering if the images of the boy are stills from the video that is said to be a part of the investigation? When I read about this case and the mention of other children and video, my first thought was the images of this boy are captured from the video. They are not releasing the video or stills of the other children for identification because it is too graphic. :( (again I'm just guessing)

Perhaps they were able to trace that the video was uploaded from Minnesota or Wisconsin through ip address but couldn't pinpoint exact location due to anonymous proxy or someone logging into another person's wifi? Whoever uploaded the video to the internet could even be traveling. Stop in Minnesota or Wisconsin for the night. Tap into someone's wifi or free wifi at a truck stop or hotel, etc., and upload video and are gone by the next day. If location of where the video was uploaded from was identified and the people were traveling and just passing through the location, they would be long gone by now.

If they have video of this child and other children being abused they would want to rescue the children as soon as possible, but if they aren't located at the ip address where the video was uploaded to the internet, they then need to identify the children in order to figure out where they live. So maybe they are hoping someone will recognize this boy and be able to give his address so the authorities can locate and rescue him and the other children and of course arrest the SOB responsible.

This is what I have been thinking since last night. I believe the boy looks A LOT like Taylor. I think it's possible it is him. Perhaps Taylor was kidnapped by a sex offender and so were the other children in the videos? Or perhaps Taylor ran away from home and met up with a SO who offered him a place to stay and now will not let him leave? Such scary stuff and what a nightmare for all the children who have to suffer. This is making me ill.

Poppyfrock, this is making me ill too, as evidenced by the fact that I've been up since 7 a.m. and am still on the computer trying to figure out who this is.:banghead:

I really think this is connected to child *advertiser censored*/sex trafficking.

The look on that poor boy's face is chilling.

To some folks who will be looking through files at many photos, the concept that the child will look similar to Fetal Alcohol Syndrome facial features might make it easier to look through thousands of children's pictures. Facial features are generally important if one is attempting to identify a person by a photo.:banghead:

Aviatrix...I hope you did not give yourself a headache banging your head on a wall..I misspoke...Of course facial features might make it easier to ID a person, what I got bent out of shape about is the people implying this guy suffers from FAS because his eyes are far apart and implying that he suffers from brain damage.

I was thinking that someday, he might be found and it would be rude if he found posts alluding to him having FAS.

Looks like that guy was captured. I can't see a date on it..

http://www.ice.gov/most-wanted/hsi3.htm

Edit- here's a news story on it. He was captured March 8th (or at least the article was written then). http://www.wjla.com/articles/2012/0...g-for-key-figure-in-child-sex-ring-73556.html

another article. http://www.modbee.com/2012/03/12/2109691/modesto-man-arrested-on-child.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj