Shannan Gilbert Found, death declared an accident. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!!! I don't know her personal history but from that interview when CPH was relating how he had said maybe she wasnt missing but rather was in a rehab and might appear after 28 days like many do, I always wondered if maybe this is what began the whole rehab controversy.

In your fieldnotes, you quote CPH referring to a conversation he had had with Mari regarding rehab:

'"'Because they [Gilbert girls] had said something about rehab,' he says, 'and I [CPH] had said yes I said I mentioned that. Since she [Shannan] had been in rehab before that I was hoping that if she was in rehab, since rehabs don't usually tell you who they have there unless ya know you go and prove you're family, that maybe 28 days later you'd get some good news that she had come back out of rehab.'"'

I assume that when CPH says, "I mentioned that," he is referring to the phone conversation he initially had with Mari. Did Mari ever say in any phone conversation with CPH that Shannan had been in rehab? If so, when was Shannan in drug rehab? Where.

If I do not respond in a timely way, it's due to my work schedule, Fieldnotes. Thanks in advance to your post. I am diggin' the blog.

Thanks!!! I don't know her personal history but from that interview when CPH was relating how he had said maybe she wasnt missing but rather was in a rehab and might appear after 28 days like many do, I always wondered if maybe this is what began the whole rehab controversy.

You nailed it. :rocker:

In your fieldnotes, you quote CPH referring to a conversation he had had with Mari regarding rehab:

'"'Because they [Gilbert girls] had said something about rehab,' he says, 'and I [CPH] had said yes I said I mentioned that. Since she [Shannan] had been in rehab before that I was hoping that if she was in rehab, since rehabs don't usually tell you who they have there unless ya know you go and prove you're family, that maybe 28 days later you'd get some good news that she had come back out of rehab.'"'

I assume that when CPH says, "I mentioned that," he is referring to the phone conversation he initially had with Mari. Did Mari ever say in any phone conversation with CPH that Shannan had been in rehab? If so, when was Shannan in drug rehab? Where.

If I do not respond in a timely way, it's due to my work schedule, Fieldnotes. Thanks in advance to your post. I am diggin' the blog.

I don't know.

You nailed it. :rocker:

Not quite. The controversy lies in the mention and later reference to drug rehab in conversations that CPH had with the Gilberts. The controversy does not lie in somebody's field notes accurately writing about those conversations.

My guess is that Shannan had never been to drug rehab (just a guess). Next question: Why is CPH talking about drug rehab with the Gilberts in any conversations? In the field notes, he implies that Mari mentioned past drug rehab first.

Does the later refererent betray yet another CPH lie in an attempt to weasel outta a relevant connection?

Who first mentioned drug rehab? Why?

Not quite. The controversy lies in the mention and later reference to drug rehab in conversations that CPH had with the Gilberts. The controversy does not lie in somebody's field notes accurately writing about those conversations.

My guess is that Shannan had never been to drug rehab (just a guess). Next question: Why is CPH talking about drug rehab with the Gilberts in any conversations? In the field notes, he implies that Mari mentioned past drug rehab first.

Does the later refererent betray yet another CPH lie in an attempt to weasel outta a relevant connection?

Have yall ever heard of Melvyn Foster? He was the first suspect of the Green River Killings. He interjected himself into the investigation, offering to help LE because he knew 5 of the victims. He fit the profile to a T. LE knew for sure that they had their man. WRONG. Now we know who, what, when, where and sort of why. Gary Ridgeway was their man.
With CPH it is the same thing, with one exception. He was just trying to help the family out in the beginning. It is not relevant when or what was said about rehabs or not. He is one of those personalities that like to get involved in any sort of drama around him. He likes the lime light and the feeling to be involved. He tells big outlandish stories to make himself look larger than life.
I have personally know many such people in my life. Neighbors, fellow soldiers, bosses, my granddad, ect, ect,ect.... And they are generally not bad people, you just got to know how to deal with them.
LE knows this. Otherwise they would have torn him apart. LE is not sitting back saying, "Let's wait and watch him to see if he kills again, and when he does, we got him" Then swoop in from the sky to rescue his new victim. Come on. That’s TV.

We cannot trust the different versions of this so called "rehab" story because the Gilbert family keeps changing it.

Here we have it being called a "home rehab" by them with the claim that MP picked her up in the morning;

Now, a family member of Gilbert’s tells WCBS 880 reporter Sophia Hall that they received a call from a doctor who lives in this community.

The doctor told them that Shannan was incoherent, so he took her in to his home rehab to help her and, the next day, a driver came and picked her up.
-Source with recording download available

But here we have Mari calling it a "halfway house for runaway children"???

Gilbert's mother, Mari Gilbert, of upstate Ellenville, told Newsday she received a phone call from Hackett shortly after her daughter disappeared. She said Hackett told her he runs a halfway house for runaway children, that her daughter visited him on May 1, 2010, and that she left that day with her driver.
-Source Newsday

Oh but then in another time and place we have Mari calling it a "home for wayward girls" (and this time she says he claimed that she left unexpectedly???)

The day after Shannan went missing, Mari says, she received a phone call from a man claiming to be Hackett. The man said he ran a home for wayward girls where Shannan had been staying and was calling because she had left unexpectedly. He asked Mari if she knew where Shannan was. It was the first time Mari had heard Shannan was missing.
-Source

Before CPH faxed over those letters to 48 Hours explaining himself, we were being constantly bombarded with reports that Mari claimed that CPH got her number from SG (this is STILL plastered all over the family's 'JusticeForShannon' Facebook page)

•Did he tell Mari he got her phone number from Shannan because he required a family contact number, “to let her stay at his shelter home.”
-Source

And then we have this version summarizing how one of the 48 Hour Mystery shows claimed that Mari said Hacket told her that Gilbert showed up at the halfway house;

The show also highlighted the actions of Peter Hackett, an Oak Beach doctor and former director of Suffolk County emergency services. According to Mari Gilbert, mother of Shannan Gilbert, Hackett phoned her shortly after her daughter’s disappearance, claiming the girl had shown up at a halfway house that he ran.
-Source

Hard to say so much later. But if someone with a history of drug abuse disappears, most normal people would also think, rehab as one of the possibilities.

Have yall ever heard of Melvyn Foster? He was the first suspect of the Green River Killings. He interjected himself into the investigation, offering to help LE because he knew 5 of the victims. He fit the profile to a T. LE knew for sure that they had their man. WRONG. Now we know who, what, when, where and sort of why. Gary Ridgeway was their man.
With CPH it is the same thing, with one exception. He was just trying to help the family out in the beginning. It is not relevant when or what was said about rehabs or not. He is one of those personalities that like to get involved in any sort of drama around him. He likes the lime light and the feeling to be involved. He tells big outlandish stories to make himself look larger than life.
I have personally know many such people in my life. Neighbors, fellow soldiers, bosses, my granddad, ect, ect,ect.... And they are generally not bad people, you just got to know how to deal with them.
LE knows this. Otherwise they would have torn him apart. LE is not sitting back saying, "Let's wait and watch him to see if he kills again, and when he does, we got him" Then swoop in from the sky to rescue his new victim. Come on. That’s TV.

Foster! Nice example! Forgot about him. However, profiling was back then in it's baby shoes and if I remember right, Foster showed not even half so many symptoms of an attention *advertiser censored* syndrome as CPH does. I admit, first I thought, someone has called that night for a discrete doc, but knowing now more about him, he has almost an SC personality.
Aside of that, the foul-play faction hasn't yet explained, how a one legged man should have hunted down SG in the marsh.

Great example, I see a lot of similarities between the Green River Killer and the LISK case.

Yeah, I agree--I don't think the rehab story inconsistencies by the Gilberts are anything to mull over too long. He does seem like one of those people just like Foster who like to inject themselves into cases and get attention. Just another limelight lover.

Hi, I'm new here. I've been following this thread for about a month now. Some great sleuthing and insight into what happened to Shannan Gilbert in this thread. Thank you to all the posters who had diligently searched for all the information you've provided.

I truly hope we eventually get some answers from LE. Shannan's family deserves the truth.

We cannot trust the different versions of this so called "rehab" story because the Gilbert family keeps changing it.

Here we have it being called a "home rehab" by them with the claim that MP picked her up in the morning;

-Source with recording download available

But here we have Mari calling it a "halfway house for runaway children"???

-Source Newsday

Oh but then in another time and place we have Mari calling it a "home for wayward girls" (and this time she says he claimed that she left unexpectedly???)

-Source

Before CPH faxed over those letters to 48 Hours explaining himself, we were being constantly bombarded with reports that Mari claimed that CPH got her number from SG (this is STILL plastered all over the family's 'JusticeForShannon' Facebook page)

-Source

And then we have this version summarizing how one of the 48 Hour Mystery shows claimed that Mari said Hacket told her that Gilbert showed up at the halfway house;

-Source

With all due respect, your claim to MG "changing" her story rests solely upon alterations for the nouns "halfway house," "home for runaways," and a few others. Nouns get changed; the big picture does not. MG's account for those phone calls has been consistent. I don't think she remembered that she received a phone call from CPH incorrectly. I think CPH mentioned drug rehab in one of those phone conversations, with probably confused MG as SG had never been in drug rehab to begin with. I think CPH was fishing, probably panicked, needed to know who knew what, and he was on the verge of playing yet another phone fetish game.

LE probably knows CPH is more involved with SG's death than he lets on. They can't say that, they can't do anything about it due to lack of evidence.

LE probably knows CPH is more involved with SG's death than he lets on. They can't say that, they can't do anything about it due to lack of evidence.

I doubt that part. After more than 1 1/2 years, the time to shadow him is long over and since those calls would certainly establish "probably cause" enough for a search warrant, they would have turned his live upside down to find something if the would suspect, not even talking about "know".
So the only explanation is, they actually know, he isn't their guy. Maybe a bragger, maybe an SC mindset, but not the killer of SG or anybody else. And of course, they would like to find examples of those "fetish mind games" CPH allegedly plays. But those are mostly just imagination of those who want to see him as killer rather than facts.
However, there is some profit in this story, it appears. John Ray for example has about as much knowledge about serial killer as my cat. But the publicity he got is worth the same as a million dollar ad-campaign, if not more. TV shows are business as well, but TV shows don't sell by bringing up facts, it's more about shock and human interest nowadays and as we see in other cases, it's now more about claims than evidence. I think, that is what happens to CPH too.

IMO, it is highly probable that LE, due to the LISK's several phonecalls to Melissa Barthelemy's little sister, has the LISK voice recorded.

And I belive it is highly probable that LE/FBI have compared CPH's voice to those recordings.

IF there was a match, I belive CPH would have been arrested by now.

He has not been arrested so far.

Just my humble opinion of course...

By the way:

I belive that those voice recordings are the best leads in this case.

And I just CAN NOT!!! phantom WHY they haven´t released those recordings yet???

That is, of course, required that LE indeed DID record the phonecalls.

IF they didn´t, they should be deeply embarrassed...

By the way:

I belive that those voice recordings are the best leads in this case.

And I just CAN NOT!!! phantom WHY they haven´t released those recordings yet???

That is, of course, required that LE indeed DID record the phonecalls.

IF they didn´t, they should be deeply embarrassed...

Yikes. I do not think they obtained a voice recording of the LISK to the little sister and mother of one of the victims. Am I wrong about this? I thought they had attempted to but failed in getting the caller to stay on the line long enough for anything useful to LE. Good point, though.

Recording a call can be easy.
http://www.ehow.com/how_4773664_record-cell-phone-calls.html
All you need is a recorder and a warrant.
In the 48 hrs show. MB's family lawyer said, "from the "DATA" I have..."
I bet LE or the family have recordings. The legality of the recordings may be problematic, thus no release. But I would be sure they have something, if only a few mins of him talking. IMO

The whole point is, that SG is probably unconnected to the GB4. Which makes her case a single case. In consequence, it makes it impossible just to follow a suspect for a time till he attempts to kill again, because he won't. So there are in a single case rarely such long waiting games as Adler likes to hint.
All points out, that CPH is a bit of an SC personality. So in consequence, LE has ignored him after that was clear. Because if they really would believe anything, they would have acted and be it alone to make sure he couldn't destroy evidence. So, no action means no suspicion at this point.

I totally agree with Foreigner & Peter.

CPH is a strange character who appears to love to inject himself into every event possible. But this is obviously far from being a killer. All of the CPH guilty campaigns are based upon some really creative imaginations and the stretching of facts to make square pegs fit into round holes.

And the biggest unanswered question of them all is;

Why would a serial killer who has been so good at covering his tracks and making himself virtually invisible all of a sudden use his real name and home phone when calling a victim's mother and sister?

Seriously... If he was the LISK, why not cover his tracks like he did with every other victim?

Anyway, all this is mute because there is no proof that SG's death wasn't a tragic accident. Before we can have a POI or a suspect, we first need to prove there was an actual crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288