NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that marlywings, I thought I had read reports that it was a 2 day stay. My friend didn't actually mention the time of stay, just that he had discharged himself apparently (this was all second hand to him even), but he did say he was in the psych unit while there.

All heresay/third hand of course

If he was assessed and not deemed a risk to himself or others and did not requiure treatment, he would not remain under the eeo or an ito - involuntary treatment order. If he was then a voluntary patient, he would have been free to leave at any time.

Again, this is an indication he was not a risk under the definitions in the MHA 2000.

Mine came from a gf who knows a helper at the school where the children are but has no doubt been proven to be heresay, hence the apology. It was not the first time I had heard the hands rumour but this too proved to be false.

Therefore I shall shut up and post no further gossip:what:

I heard the 'hand thing' from a very similar source to you, and from another source and was initially taken in. At the time it was all so strange (the case) that it was easy to be taken in by it. It is a small community after all and we are only human. I mean, Bruce Overland - pffft - if that was a rumor I would find it unbelievable due to its crassness.

If he was assessed and not deemed a risk to himself or others and did not requiure treatment, he would not remain under the eeo or an ito - involuntary treatment order. If he was then a voluntary patient, he would have been free to leave at any time.

Again, this is an indication he was not a risk under the definitions in the MHA 2000.

What is your opinion regarding him now being held in the medical unit at the remand centre? Do you think it could be because he has had a break-down and is suicidal or could there be other reasons?

Apparently longer-term custody decision in Family Court today. Don't know details.
Everything crossed for Dickies all the way
X
:please:

Hang on, it was either today or tomov - sorry! School holidays brain. Anyhow, just sending white light for best outcome!!

I think that's the million dollar question. I would think that, unless the Judge orders a suppression of the info, then the media will report from the Court.

The suppression order didn't hold for any longer than the bail hearing (to the SC's chagrin I would imagine), given that the Committal hearing is about the prosecutions case, I wonder how much 'sway' the defender would have anyway.

I thought he'd crashed the car to give himself time to think away from the police. MOO.

In the last thread, someone mentioned divorce was expensive. Not if you're bankrupt or receiving Centrelink (government assistance in Australia).
My ex husband was a narcissist. I can completely get how BC presents this 'charming' man to people.
When my marriage finally fell apart, my ex had moments of extreme anger where he subjected me to hideous verbal abuse. He would stand on my doorstep, yelling how I had broken his heart, how I was a b**ch, *advertiser censored*, *advertiser censored*... he suggested I had become a prostitute which was how I was 'surviving' without him.... 'I hope you're not doing anything which will embarrass the family...' he said.
He told everyone in our local and small community that i was a pathological liar and that I was mentally unstable - and that he was going to have our children removed from me.

Nearly 5 years down the line, it is me who's active in our community, who has the children living with her other than two weekends a month, who runs a small local business, who has a wide network of friends. He... is not doing so great. I survived his abuse and his lies, rebuilt my life.

Whilst I lost all my friends (his friends actually), I also lost my family support because they could not get their heads around that the person they thought they knew could be as I said he was.
They sided with him because if I reported anything he'd done to me, they'd ring him up and he'd lie through his teeth about how I was ill and unstable. And they fell for it because he was a 'nice man'.

Ironically it was only when he decided he wouldn't pay his child support to me did my family start to believe he wasn't so nice. It all comes down to money.

BC could have declared bankruptcy, could have got some gov assistance and as a result, could have applied for a free divorce or greatly subsidised. Also, his wife who also could have received Centrelink benefits if he'd left her. Single parent income, free divorce. It's what she paid her taxes for.

The nice man I originally thought I married doesn't actually exist. It's just a 'charm offensive'. Therefore it's highly credible for his family to be sticking up for him, his sister etc, because they simply can't believe he can possibly have done it. It's only when the evidence is indisputable will they finally start to doubt the story. They are all going to have a very hard time over the coming months.

I heard the 'hand thing' from a very similar source to you, and from another source and was initially taken in. At the time it was all so strange (the case) that it was easy to be taken in by it. It is a small community after all and we are only human. I mean, Bruce Overland - pffft - if that was a rumor I would find it unbelievable due to its crassness.

Because the details revealed at the bail hearing were really minimal, the missing hand thing could still be true. Bear in mind the body was exposed to the elements and animals for 11 days. The hand(s) could be missing due to animals in the area. Forensic pathologists can determine if it is due to human intervention or due to animals.

I found this on thread 1- posted by Alicat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwijayne
Also further along there is Mt Crosby, a State Forest and even a Lake. The thing in this area there is plenty of places to hide something or someone.
I'm out this way and I kept getting eerie feelings around Kholo Creek overpass. I know it probably sounds silly, but its the 'what if.'

This is who I am referring to.
And B chick also named kholo creek .
Amazing coinsidance that these girls predicted where Allison was found.
ESP ? Amazing ?

Because the details revealed at the bail hearing were really minimal, the missing hand thing could still be true. Bear in mind the body was exposed to the elements and animals for 11 days. The hand(s) could be missing due to animals in the area. Forensic pathologists can determine if it is due to human intervention or due to animals.

I read another post where they said the hands were NOT missing and this had come from the bail hearing.

I had wondered more along the lines of: did the culprit try to make it look like hit & run ?

The suppression order didn't hold for any longer than the bail hearing (to the SC's chagrin I would imagine), given that the Committal hearing is about the prosecutions case, I wonder how much 'sway' the defender would have anyway.

Yes, however I suppose a Judge could order a suppression at any stage, but I'm not a lawyer. I hope it's not the case and the media can reveal all that is alleged.

RE: witness about the caterpillar. I wonder if this is why he went to see a Doctor the day after reporting her missing and a day before his accident at Indoorapilly? To have a medical practioner as his witness?

I was thinking about the caterpillar thing earlier....most of the hairy caterpillar's I've seen are in a web type nest at the base of trees although of course single ones can be found on a branch or leaf. I know GBC's house was on a rural type property with trees around it but I'm wondering if he was stung by them out at Kholo Creek??....maybe the hairs of caterpillars were found on his clothes & they were sent to that Forensic's doctor in Perth??...just a thought anyway.

Some info about caterpillar stings...

These hairs are fragile and easily dislodged from the caterpillar, they adhere to the surface of skin when the caterpiller is contacted, or they become airborne and on settling the barbed or dart hairs easily fragment and penetrate clothing or skin.

Clinical Presentation

The intensity of the irritation, whether it be caused by "venomous" or "irritating" hairs, will be dependent on the species of caterpillar and the sensitivity of the patient. Patients that come in contact with urticating hairs usually develop wheals and widespread rashes which can be accompanied by a burning sensation. Other symptoms include dermatitis, papules, pain, itching and swelling of the infected area. This inflammation can persist for days, although in most cases the symptoms are transitory. If mucous membranes have been affected there may be some swelling and irritation. Detached hairs can also be inhaled and the upper respiratory tract can be affected producing dyspnoea or laboured breathing. Injuries to the eye have been recorded, resulting in conditions such as nodular conjunctivitis and, less commonly, permanent damage to the cornea. In the case of a mistletoe browntail caterpillar infestation, large numbers of school age children have been known to become affected after sitting under infested Eucalyptus trees, or as a result of disturbing leaf litter and bark at the base of the trees where the caterpillars have rested or pupated

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/caterpillars.htm

Yep, lots of wildlife in the area

What is your opinion regarding him now being held in the medical unit at the remand centre? Do you think it could be because he has had a break-down and is suicidal or could there be other reasons?

K2K would know more about procedure, but I understand Prison Mental Health keep a good eye on someone charged with something like murder anyhow. He would be subject to continual obs, particularly as there is a duty of care to ensure his safety. Remember he is still presumed to be innocent until proven guilty and that is a long way off. He could also be assessed as being at risk of harm from others in spite of it being a remand centre

If a person's health including mh deteriorates, transfer to a medical facility or authirised mh facility for short term assessment and treatment is always on the cards.

I read another post where they said the hands were NOT missing and this had come from the bail hearing.

I took this to mean they didn't say that the hands were missing ... Not that they said the hands weren't missing.

Do you know who started the thread ? KJ
And when she joined ws and why? A murder occured in NZ ?
I got shivers when I saw this post too ? And other posts? :what:

From memory, the poster lived quite close to the Baden-Clay's in Brookfield. She had good information...MOO

No - maybe on a court list somewhere? Heard from ABC relative
I don't think custody cases or family matters are open to the public. And I don't think names are used on court lists. That was my experience working with family services in the NT anyway.

I had wondered more along the lines of: did the culprit try to make it look like hit & run ?

I've always thought that his intention was to make it look like a random abduction/murder, hence the "she's gone for a walk" story.

I tend to agree that we still cannot b sure either way (awful thought). Remember bail focused on COD, so there are issues post-mortem that might not have been presented at that particular hearing. Obviously hand thing (urrrgh) is not a COD issue as such. But all MOO, MOO etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member