NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about the caterpillar thing earlier....most of the hairy caterpillar's I've seen are in a web type nest at the base of trees although of course single ones can be found on a branch or leaf. I know GBC's house was on a rural type property with trees around it but I'm wondering if he was stung by them out at Kholo Creek??....maybe the hairs of caterpillars were found on his clothes & they were sent to that Forensic's doctor in Perth??...just a thought anyway.

Some info about caterpillar stings...

These hairs are fragile and easily dislodged from the caterpillar, they adhere to the surface of skin when the caterpiller is contacted, or they become airborne and on settling the barbed or dart hairs easily fragment and penetrate clothing or skin.

Clinical Presentation

The intensity of the irritation, whether it be caused by "venomous" or "irritating" hairs, will be dependent on the species of caterpillar and the sensitivity of the patient. Patients that come in contact with urticating hairs usually develop wheals and widespread rashes which can be accompanied by a burning sensation. Other symptoms include dermatitis, papules, pain, itching and swelling of the infected area. This inflammation can persist for days, although in most cases the symptoms are transitory. If mucous membranes have been affected there may be some swelling and irritation. Detached hairs can also be inhaled and the upper respiratory tract can be affected producing dyspnoea or laboured breathing. Injuries to the eye have been recorded, resulting in conditions such as nodular conjunctivitis and, less commonly, permanent damage to the cornea. In the case of a mistletoe browntail caterpillar infestation, large numbers of school age children have been known to become affected after sitting under infested Eucalyptus trees, or as a result of disturbing leaf litter and bark at the base of the trees where the caterpillars have rested or pupated

http://medent.usyd.edu.au/fact/caterpillars.htm

Just questioned a 9 yr.old who goes to Brookfield State School about hairy caterpillars. " We never touch them, we just squish them"

I read another post where they said the hands were NOT missing and this had come from the bail hearing.

From a post made by Nads who copied a post made by a mrs muddles on another site...

7. No visible signs of trauma on the body (no cut off hands), besides a chipped tooth

I've always thought that his intention was to make it look like a random abduction/murder, hence the "she's gone for a walk" story.

Mmmm, and probably where it all fell apart, random abduction/murder withOUT sexual assault would be incredibly 'random'.
MOO

I don't think custody cases or family matters are open to the public. And I don't think names are used on court lists. That was my experience working with family services in the NT anyway.

I agree re names not being made public. Even in findings of coroner's reports it is not stated, just some numbers, etc.

I know that he is still considered innocent until proven guilty, but after the info revealed at the Bail Hearing, I have no doubt who committed this terrible horrible crime against an innocent good woman. I take some pleasure now knowing that he is behind steel doors, knowing he will be there for a few years at least, and not being able to enjoy anything at all. I take pleasure in thinking he is probably scratching walls, pounding tables, etc. All my personal opinion only.

Just questioned a 9 yr.old who goes to Brookfield State School about hairy caterpillars. " We never touch them, we just squish them"

Exactly.
For him to have got a caterpillar on his chest, I can imagine it could only have happened as he's in heavy undergrowth and one has got down his shirt. These things don't just crawl around everywhere, esp not in the world of the Real Estate office. They're usually on trees or bushes. I wonder when he could possibly have been in heavy undergrowth? :what:

Mmmm, and probably where it all fell apart, random abduction/murder withOUT sexual assault would be incredibly 'random'.
MOO

Perhaps this is where the 'interfering with the body' charge comes from? Perhaps he set her body up to look like it had been assaulted?

MOO

Hi Everyone

Could somebody tell me if it is known where OW was on the Thursday night?

I know this has been discussed before but was it ever found out for sure?

I know that he is still considered innocent until proven guilty, but after the info revealed at the Bail Hearing, I have no doubt who committed this terrible horrible crime against an innocent good woman. I take some pleasure now knowing that he is behind steel doors, knowing he will be there for a few years at least, and not being able to enjoy anything at all. I take pleasure in thinking he is probably scratching walls, pounding tables, etc. All my personal opinion only.

I have been following these blogs for a while, and one thing that shone through was how much the people on this blog cared about Allison and want to see justice done for not only her, but her children and family.
The above quote (for me) exemplifies the shared feeling that many bloggers have openly displayed for the horror of the crime committed, and personally I agree with the sentiment of gaining satisfaction at the thought of her (accused) murderer being behind bars, and suffering deprivation.
All MOO

Perhaps this is where the 'interfering with the body' charge comes from? Perhaps he set her body up to look like it had been assaulted?

MOO

I think the interfering with the body is the moving of the body to another location and maybe also changing her clothes. If the perp went and dumped her under the bridge, then went back home to make up his story for the police and came up with the walking story, he then had to go back and change her clothes into sports gear. IMO.

Some years back, a high school teacher friend of mine, said some of the year 8 boys for some odd reason thought it a good idea to throw hairy caterpillars at each other during lunch break. Boys will be boys I guess!?!?!? ....one of them ended up at the doctor as he was allergic to them...his face/eyelids swelled up & had to be given antihistamines.

Hi Everyone

Could somebody tell me if it is known where OW was on the Thursday night?

I know this has been discussed before but was it ever found out for sure?

Another poster said his/her partner had seen OW at the cross country at the school on Thursday morning, hence we can probably assume she was in Brisbane that day.

Exactly.
For him to have got a caterpillar on his chest, I can imagine it could only have happened as he's in heavy undergrowth and one has got down his shirt. These things don't just crawl around everywhere, esp not in the world of the Real Estate office. They're usually on trees or bushes. I wonder when he could possibly have been in heavy undergrowth? :what:

In my post on previous page about caterpillars, I said I wondered if the caterpillar stings were from Kholo Creek.

MOO

I had thought that too, until the bail hearing said that there were no visible signs. Which was why I wondered about hit & run: was her body run over, ( oh- that's just horrible !!!!) no visible external signs, but perhaps marks on clothes and internal damage. MOO

I have always thought that the Indro car crash was a mind game with the little girls. Mummy is gone and you almost lost Daddy. Hold me close, poor daddy. MOO

I had thought that too, until the bail hearing said that there were no visible signs. Which was why I wondered about hit & run: was her body run over, ( oh- that's just horrible !!!!) no visible external signs, but perhaps marks on clothes and internal damage. MOO

If the body had no trauma (as stated at the bail hearing), she wasn't run over IMO. She would have had some broken bones and head injuries.

If the body had no trauma (as stated at the bail hearing), she wasn't run over IMO. She would have had some broken bones and head injuries.

Ah ok, my error :) I miscomprehended the 'no trauma', I thought they were just talking external - thanks for clearing that up :D

I have always thought that the Indro car crash was a mind game with the little girls. Mummy is gone and you almost lost Daddy. Hold me close, poor daddy. MOO

My thought is that he was trying to avoid questioning by police until he had time to seek legal advise and/or get his story right, especially if there was someone else involved after the fact. I don't believe the rumour that he walked into the police beat or station and said "I'm sorry", because it has been stated in the media that he was taken to hospital by ambulance from the scene of the accident.

I think in one of the news reports (possibly one of the ones where he didn't get bail) i seen something mentioned about if this goes to trial Does anyone know what happens if it doesn't go to trial?? I'm trying to find the link but not having much success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam