NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys. I can put this one to bed. It was definitely not TM. It was a fellow Brookie mum like me who has kids his age - I spoke with them both at show. Like many of us, she has had to play a 'double agent' role for 8 weeks now, being polite, continuing with lifts for the girls, generally hovering around. Some asked, why, how can u stand to b NEAR him? Here is how - we realised that if we all back away, horrified, from that little blue house en mass - then the girls are left vulnerable day to day. So we plastered on our smiles and our best suburban manners and entered conversations, responded, cooperated etc. To keep contact, keep an eye, ears alert. For the girls, but mostly for Al.
All v. relieved now, post-Friday. X

Good on you, very kind people and I am sure it is safe the say the whole community says thank-you. I hope you have the opportunity to take care of yourselves a bit extra because of the toll your loss and your support will have taken xx

WS, I have an unusual request and I need your help if you're willing. Right back while ABC was still missing, there was a rumour that there'd been DV by GBC to ABC. ABC had spent some time in a DV Shelter. Unfortunately we do not have the name of the shelter she is supposed to have spent time in. One of ABC's friends called me today asking me to help her to either eliminate this rumour completely, or provide a name of the shelter. She spoke to CIB yesterday and they understand the need to remain anonymous, but, if you know, would you please send me a message through the WS with the name of the shelter on it, and we will pass it to CIB for their investigation. And since WS is nicely anonymous, both your privacy and mine will remain protected. Unless of course you contact Crimestoppers yourself. Please do that if you can!!! We don't want CIB to chase their tails uselessly if this is not true, but if it is true, and we can provide them with the name of the shelter ABC went to, that would be a big help to them.

Hi Woof,

One of the better options would be for the actual DV Services to be contacted. They are more readily contactable and will know exactly which shelter, if any, was the one.

However, I would have thought that the CIB would have already been contacted by the managers of any those services in relation to this case. They work closely with the police, the courts etc. I am sure they would know the case and have given the information required. The victim of abuse goes through one of the services first and is then taken to the shelter by the police.

Cheers.

Something occurred to me last night. It's possible that GBC called NBC that night as an alibi, hence the facetime call. NBC could see the surroundings and where GBC was. Perhaps he decided against using that as the alibi later? The only problem I have with that possible scenario is it's the middle of the night and what on earth could be that important that you had to call at that time? I'd be pretty annoyed if anyone did that to me and just made chit chat for a minute or so! JMO

If that was the intention, his alibi would have been good for only 1 min 23 sec.

Something occurred to me last night. It's possible that GBC called NBC that night as an alibi, hence the facetime call. NBC could see the surroundings and where GBC was. Perhaps he decided against using that as the alibi later? The only problem I have with that possible scenario is it's the middle of the night and what on earth could be that important that you had to call at that time? I'd be pretty annoyed if anyone did that to me and just made chit chat for a minute or so! JMO

and GBC was snug as a bug in bed asleep ALL night...........:liar:

I think the tide turned on Gerard after his bail hearing, it would be natural for people to stand by him earlier on esp for the girls.

Although 'stand by' might be a bit of a stretch.... is it possible to 'quietly grimace by, beneath nice Stepford Wife smile' ?? Lol

WS, I have an unusual request and I need your help if you're willing. Right back while ABC was still missing, there was a rumour that there'd been DV by GBC to ABC. ABC had spent some time in a DV Shelter. Unfortunately we do not have the name of the shelter she is supposed to have spent time in. One of ABC's friends called me today asking me to help her to either eliminate this rumour completely, or provide a name of the shelter. She spoke to CIB yesterday and they understand the need to remain anonymous, but, if you know, would you please send me a message through the WS with the name of the shelter on it, and we will pass it to CIB for their investigation. And since WS is nicely anonymous, both your privacy and mine will remain protected. Unless of course you contact Crimestoppers yourself. Please do that if you can!!! We don't want CIB to chase their tails uselessly if this is not true, but if it is true, and we can provide them with the name of the shelter ABC went to, that would be a big help to them.

I thought I had read every post, I do not recall hearing any rumour about a shelter? I have read about possible DV and broken bones.

While I am replying to your post though woof I have really been enjoying your inside info. Thank you.

Do you know more about GBC and TM doing exercise together? I remember reading and posting one of his blogs which mentions working out with a personal trainer.

Trying to catch up....HEAD SPINNING.....so many questions.....here are a few.

Someone mentioned the Prado being up for sale...where is it advertised? Also, if it was Alison's car(?), is it allowed to be sold? Guessing sale is for 'fundraising'. Wonder if there will be a garage sale on Brookie Rd. soon? MUSTARD JACKET ANYONE????

What will happen with their house, I wonder? Speculating that they were probably in arrears with rent and now it's a vacant crime scene....owners must be livid. Does anyone know if the Craptiva is still impounded? Is it the Craptiva which alledgedly has blood in it? MSM reported that GBC had only 8 weeks earlier leased a vehicle. 1. How the devil did he get finance and 2. Is this the Craptiva?

I believe the police had enough evidence leading up to the arrest but were just waiting and watching for any 'strange' behaviour before pouncing. I've heard stories of GBC being at a recent school disco acting a bit doolally...maybe they thought he was going mad and then there is talk of him applying for a passport. I can just imagine the dude at Aussie Post reporting this post haste!
ALL MOO IMO etc.

It is my understanding that with the next hearing if the DPP do not prevent enough evidence for the case to go to trial then Gerard could still be released. This is not fact so please dont take it as such it is just what I have been told and have relayed it in my own words.

If this is true I think the family would hold the house over to at least this date. I also believe the house is owned by the company that owns the childcare centre next door so they probably wouldnt take the same hit as a regular landlord. The property should also have landlords insurance to cover lost rent and damage.

I thought I had read every post, I do not recall hearing any rumour about a shelter? I have read about possible DV and broken bones.

While I am replying to your post though woof I have really been enjoying your inside info. Thank you.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Do you know more about GBC and TM doing exercise together? I remember reading and posting one of his blogs which mentions working out with a personal trainer.

exercise:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm surprised that we haven't read of some other significant elements to this matter in the press this week. Then again the CM seems to be very timely with its reporting. I usually dislike the way that paper keeps a story on the boil with fluff and human interest contexts, but in this case I think they are doing a good job of acknowledging the huge public interest without getting too tabloid about it. I'd be interested in reading another Madonna King type piece now that there has been an arrest etc. She's pretty good at refelcting the general community feeling about these sort of issues IMO.

I'd like to think the media, especially Courier Mail, is showing respect for Allison & her family...& also for the police. Similar to the way they've always treated the Morcombe family with respect...& rightly so.

If you are right and he called NBC to create an alibi ,he may well have said "Dad I 'm at home just got up to do a wee and realised Allison isn't here. Have you seen or spoken to her tonight?" "She went for a walk etc. etc. etc." I doubt this was the case , but quite possible. IMO:what:

You're right, someone did make mention of this possibility a number of threads ago but I can't remember who it was.

I can understand Allison's friend's intent, but it seems she may not be aware how much in secrecy shelters operate in. They are suppose to be a Safe House. You'll find a number of women won't ever give the name or address to anyone including family and friends of what shelter they went to and keep it generalised when they talk about being in one. By doing so, the name and address can easily be made available to the very person(s) they are fleeing from even if done so by others by accident.

They may also need to use the shelter again and making the name available to friends and family compromises this. Plus they may also be unwittingly giving it away for someone else who may be staying there as well. Some of the women and children in these shelters have been through major trauma and the last thing they need is someone getting an inkling of where their safe haven is and have the very person they need to get away from come after them.

Secrecy and security is highly stressed and if anyone per chance did have such information and knew then it would be advised they contact the police direct and never do so via pm or via any forum or any social media.
Thank you I was trying to work out how to say that without sounding 'narky' towards the poster asking for the info - I had a man try and trick me into giving him info on an address once - the state would have done for him as he would have been able to track her down from that. He got the info from somewhere else (post office we think) tracked her down and bashed her very badly

I'm surprised that we haven't read of some other significant elements to this matter in the press this week. Then again the CM seems to be very timely with its reporting. I usually dislike the way that paper keeps a story on the boil with fluff and human interest contexts, but in this case I think they are doing a good job of acknowledging the huge public interest without getting too tabloid about it. I'd be interested in reading another Madonna King type piece now that there has been an arrest etc. She's pretty good at refelcting the general community feeling about these sort of issues IMO.

i agree with you Hawkins, I was expecting a big , indepth piece in the weekend editions, and was disappointed when it wasn't published. Perhaps they are waiting for something else to happen - e.g. another arrest, I don't know but I had expected it as well.

If you are right and he called NBC to create an alibi ,he may well have said "Dad I 'm at home just got up to do a wee and realised Allison isn't here. Have you seen or spoken to her tonight?" "She went for a walk etc. etc. etc." I doubt this was the case , but quite possible. IMO:what:

That's so true! If only he hadn't said he slept all night! Bet he's doing this:banghead:

I believe, and it is my opinion only that the reason GBC said he couldn't afford a divorce was because he would have to split all their "supposed assets". If ABC had put her own money towards these ventures, then he wouldn't have it to give back. MOO. Also IMO the murder was pre-maditated, although the actual day it happened was not. This is probably why there are so many holes in the way the event was carried out. I also believe that NBC was part of the cover-up. I can't stop watching that video of the first interview with GBC and Olivia, watch how close she is standing to him, she is so close pressed against him it is strange. Olivias grief did seem genuine on this vid although that soon changed.

Also sorry bout the rambling, what if GBC had promised his other lovers the same thing- that he was going to leave ABC for them. He may have borrowed money from all his lovers claiming that they would be together soon and then be part of the company. I know it may seem far fetched but people get scammed all the time. His ladie friends may have thought that he was loaded - not saying thats why they went with him, but maybe this is why people comfortably handed over their money.

You're right, someone did make mention of this possibility a number of threads ago but I can't remember who it was.

I can understand Allison's friend's intent, but it seems she may not be aware how much in secrecy shelters operate in. They are suppose to be a Safe House. You'll find a number of women won't ever give the name or address to anyone including family and friends of what shelter they went to and keep it generalised when they talk about being in one. By doing so, the name and address can easily be made available to the very person(s) they are fleeing from even if done so by others by accident.

They may also need to use the shelter again and making the name available to friends and family compromises this. Plus they may also be unwittingly giving it away for someone else who may be staying there as well. Some of the women and children in these shelters have been through major trauma and the last thing they need is someone getting an inkling of where their safe haven is and have the very person they need to get away from come after them.

Secrecy and security is highly stressed and if anyone per chance did have such information and knew then it would be advised they contact the police direct and never do so via pm or via any forum or any social media.

Shelters aren't as anonymous as people are saying. You can search for them onine and find the closest one to you. I did it myself. But enough of this. I merely forward the request from ABC's friend in the hope that any person who may know for certain about a shelter visit will contact Crimestoppers. I didn't expect a kind request from a friend for help to be met with this hostility and suspicion. The only reason I said I was available via my WS email was because I know some people are too scared to contact Crimestoppers themselves. But I rescind that now. Do not contact me. Please call Crimestoppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong