NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help wondering whether the QPS have asked TM to disclose any sizable gifts and/or monies spent on her since their relationship started in 2008, and also whether she loaned him finances during this period. (The same could apply to his other 2+ side-pieces.)

What on Earth could he (they) have spent $1 million on? :what:
Sizable amounts may have gone to pay off previous debts shortly after been received ... i.e. borrowing from Peter to pay Paul, & thus, the debts wouldn't have disappeared but instead, simply continued to mount.

Oh! And even MUCH more must've disappeared over the years ~ if it's true that Allison owned property she'd invested in prior to their relationship, which she then sold in order to inject into the business. What would motivate anyone to sell any property without first securing a home of one's own? It doesn't add up! :maddening:
Just some thoughts.

Yes and they haven't accrued many assets with the debt by the sound of it. So yeah, where did it go?

So engrossed reading the posts that I missed my bus stop on the way home.... A little bit obsessed I think that's called.. Lol

The police have confirmed that allisons phone was on due to ability to triangulate it's position roughly. I can see no reason why this app would not be working unless it had been turned off. I think this app may be key... Hope the police are checking with the app makers on what info is saved on their server logs and on his phone. If they could get to her phone it could blow the case wide open.

I think they said the phone was within 4km of home.

BTW, perhaps he was googling shrinks in Bris for himself... for an insanity plea?

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed/mentioned this - there appear to be some 'new' affidavits listed for the bail hearing:

http://apps.courts.qld.gov.au/esear...Location=BRISB&Court=SUPRE&Filenumber=5260/12

I'm sure the affidavits of OW, IW, NBC and EBC were not present in the search when I looked yesterday. They are dated as 21/6/2012 (the day of the abandoned hearing). We heard all about GBC's affidavit yesterday in the MSM but afaik nothing about the others... did I miss something?

Yes and they haven't accrued many assets with the debt by the sound of it. So yeah, where did it go?

It seems almost like that when they did have an asset, they used the promise of equity to loan shark more......Something so many do and get in to trouble when there is a down turn.

Also the leasing on his offices would have been massive. Quite impressive looking office it seemed. Alot of going above their means.

The police have confirmed that allisons phone was on due to ability to triangulate it's position roughly. I can see no reason why this app would not be working unless it had been turned off. I think this app may be key... Hope the police are checking with the app makers on what info is saved on their server logs and on his phone. If they could get to her phone it could blow the case wide open.

I use "Find my iPhone" and it extroidinarily accurate! It shows a satellite or map image of my house when I activate it! If I turn 'location services' off though it won't work, I do this sometimes as having it and Bluetooth on chews through the battery very quickly.

With the information revealed about the insurance policies, I still can't get my head around how the BCs could have afforded or paid the premiums on such large $$$$ policies. ? This family was on the bread-line (literally): little or no income and mounting debts, but continuing to rent a house which would have cost $500+ weekly; leasing two late-model cars; three girls having ballet lessons and music lessons, and Gerard with the cash to attend social events to ingratiate himself with numerous business people and politicians. And, he was having not one, but several affairs, which - even if his girlfriends were wealthy (obviously, the main attraction) - would have meant additional $ outlays. The mind boggles!
In many policies terminally ill people, once they have had the policy for a certain amount of time can, for example, get $150,000 from a death policy of $500,000 in what is called a Living Allowance. What that means is, that when they die whoever the death policy goes to will only get the balance, $350,000.

If you don't qualify for the Living Allowance from a Life Insurance Policy, (one reason being that though your illness was diagnosed within the allowable time limit, you may not have had the policy long enough to qualify for Living Allowance), you will still qualify to get the whole amount but at death only though.

There's so many different types of Life Policies. To the extent, that some companies take life insurance policies out against key employees where the company gets the money on that employees death, but the person's family doesn't.

I'm almost sure you can also get Sickness Policies too. Problem can be, that monthly premium rates can be too high for some families to afford.

It seems almost like that when they did have an asset, they used the promise of equity to loan shark more......Something so many do and get in to trouble when there is a down turn.

Also the leasing on his offices would have been massive. Quite impressive looking office it seemed. Alot of going above their means.

Definitely. Keeping up appearances I think.

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed/mentioned this - there appear to be some 'new' affidavits listed for the bail hearing:

http://apps.courts.qld.gov.au/esear...Location=BRISB&Court=SUPRE&Filenumber=5260/12

I'm sure the affidavits of OW, IW, NBC and EBC were not present in the search when I looked yesterday. They are dated as 21/6/2012 (the day of the abandoned hearing). We heard all about GBC's affidavit yesterday in the MSM but afaik nothing about the others... did I miss something?

I am staggered by the number of documents that have been processed re your link and I am sure there have been several documents since. My divorce cost me $75,000 with a lawyer and barrister and with me doing 50% of the paperwork at my lawyer offices to save costs. Looking at what has been done so far with a Barrister and top Lawyer engaged ,I would think he was at least nearing or even over the $100,000 mark. Who's paying? His lawyers don't need Pro Bono advertising. If he goes to trial the cost will be phenomenal.I base this opinion on personal experience. IMO

ABC was meant to be leaving for the conference at 7am though so she should have been home getting ready by that time.

If Allison was leaving home at 7.00am for the conference, how likely is she to have gone for a morning walk at all! It would help to know when she usually left home for her morning walk?

OK - by way of being devil's advocate, as requested by somebody last night, here is a question of logic:

If we are speculating that those text messages were sent by GBC in the morning as a means of contributing to an alibi and appearance of innocence, presumably he would be doing so fully aware that his phone would reveal those. That, in fact, it was the desired effect.

If that were the case, then wouldn't it be reasonable that he would also be aware that calls - Facetime or otherwise - made during the night would also be revealed?

Could it be feasible (I'm not saying "likely" - just feasible) that the calls in the middle of the night WERE something which they want to keep hidden, for whatever reason, but that the texts in the morning were genuine?

Just a devil's advocate question - not saying that IS the case, just one possible explanation. How do we reconcile the fact that there seem to have been shonky calls in the middle of the night, yet the texts in the morning are supposed to be calculated for his alibi knowing that the phone would tell all?

Because perhaps he did not bank on Police seizing his phone and having it forensically examined. The texts in the morning could have been shown to police..'look I sent these texts..' However if he did not specifically show the texts and was just doing them in case they looked at his phone, he may have not realized they would also be able to pull up the info on when it was on and off the charger or the facetimecall, this stuff may have been only found through the forensic examinations.. where as the texts if not deleted would have an easily visible record on the phone and perhaps that is all he thought they would be looking at.. after all he did google the 5th amendment, so may have had no idea on any of that stuff..just MOO

I am staggered by the number of documents that have been processed re your link and I am sure there have been several documents since. My divorce cost me $75,000 with me doing 50% of the paperwork at my lawyer offices to save costs. Looking at what has been done so far and a Barrister and top Lawyer engaged I would think he was at least nearing or even over the $100,000 mark. Who's paying? His lawyers don't need Pro Bono advertising. If he goes to trial the cost will be phenomal.I base this opinion on personal experience. IMO

True, and that was just for the bail hearing...

DrWatson, the provided examples link air embolism to cardiac arrest contrary to your point that the outcome should only be a stroke. Not to mention the possibility of a fatal outcome from arterial air embolism. Regardless of the injection method. WRT the case, all what's relevant is the COD.

I have nothing to say about your credentials simply because I do not know you and what you have presented to the mods, if anything. But in response to your hypothetical example, I can say yes, I do have experience in identifying genuinely wrong or due to negligence errors by medical experts.

According to the book called Wrong: Why Experts Keep Failing Us – and How to Know When Not to Trust Them by David

Mods, sorry for off top. Back to the topic. The theory about Allison's COD from air embolism has not so far got supported or ruled out so we can only speculate. JMO.
Grannie I have always thought you were amazing :woohoo::woohoo:
*advertiser censored*

If Allison was leaving home at 7.00am for the conference, how likely is she to have gone for a morning walk at all! It would help to know when she usually left home for her morning walk?

Not sure she was even into walking, havent seen it or heard any of her
friends mention it. I do recall Kerry saying Al would have a diet book in one
hand and block of chocolate in the other. Thats all I have seen. Although someone on here a fair few pages back spoke of the local walking group and
that they didnt see her on their travels. Im not saying she did or didnt walk at all. I will say IMO she did not walk the night of the 19th. :moo:

I know. I think that's where I got confused and thought she'd gone out for the walk at 10pm and not returned.

Yeah! EXACTLY!

Further to my own query / curiosity: "I can't help wondering whether the QPS have asked TM to disclose any sizable gifts and/or monies spent on her since their relationship started in 2008, and also whether she loaned him finances during this period. (The same could apply to his other 2+ side-pieces.)"

Who knows? TM apparently has a son in his 20's, as I do, & I can assure you that, had any MARRIED man attempted to pursue my interests in him, my son would've knocked his block off (not that he's the knocking-around type ~ in fact he's more like the running for cover type! :floorlaugh:), and then my son would've most definitely have threatened to expose whatever to whomever's wife!

BUT, had whomever offered to buy my son a CAR, for example, OLALLA, he'd care least about anyone else, including my future mess with a married man & father of 3 or even 13 for that matter! :floorlaugh:

With the information revealed about the insurance policies, I still can't get my head around how the BCs could have afforded or paid the premiums on such large $$$$ policies. ? This family was on the bread-line (literally): little or no income and mounting debts, but continuing to rent a house which would have cost $500+ weekly; leasing two late-model cars; three girls having ballet lessons and music lessons, and Gerard with the cash to attend social events to ingratiate himself with numerous business people and politicians. And, he was having not one, but several affairs, which - even if his girlfriends were wealthy (obviously, the main attraction) - would have meant additional $ outlays. The mind boggles!

Yes, unbelievable!

I wonder if G had a life insurance policy too? If A had any inkling of their investments, finances etc surely this would strike her as odd, though something G could easily lie about.

ROFPML - sorry !! Just got this mental image of GBC saying to the officers, when they arrived "look I dressed myself !!" the running down the hallway with his arms spread like a plane going "weeeeeeeee" and the officers noting that his underpants were OVER his trousers !!

MOO

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I have tears of laughter streaming down my face from that visual. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads