NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#28

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 'psychaitrist' thing is a furphy. Oh, my wife is 'missing', Allison 'come home', 'where are you?'...she has been 'depressed' (well, 'heck yeah' GBC you phillandering a......, no wonder she's depressed). At some depraved, desperate level he hoped that this whole awful 'circumstance' could be explained away by...suicide?...OMG REALLY...And that he could claim the INSURANCE?...

Alleged googling of Psychiatrist - Maybe the perp wanted some advise on "how to fake insanity"? :floorlaugh:

Alleged googling of Psychiatrist - Maybe the perp wanted some advise on "how to fake insanity"? :floorlaugh:

You noodle :floorlaugh: Dog looked at me, while I laughed out loud....Thinks im an idiot I think...lol

Hello, what just happened to WS?

Come back everyone!

Furry caterpillars attacking a world class g-r-u-b. could happen ;)

You noodle :floorlaugh: Dog looked at me, while I laughed out loud....Thinks im an idiot I think...lol

Hello, what just happened to WS?

Come back everyone!

Nads I think after the above few posts WS burst a couple of foo foo valves & fell off the face laughing :)

Oh myyy those people have been taking their funny pills tonight...lol..

OR with his 'brains' (or lack of), MAYBE in his confusion :waitasec: he thought that a Psychiatrist was the most appropriate to consult to 'recap' the following:

• Thou shalt not kill. :deadhorse:
  • Thou shalt not commit adultery. :hug:
  • Honour thy father and thy mother: :smooch: (Don't get upset guys!)
  • Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law.:scale:

:cowcouch:

With over 1900 posts to this this thread, I'm wondering if Mods must be thinking *cue American accent* Darn if those Ossies don't go on, wonder how the heck we can shut them up..... Oh no !!!!! "HEY FELLAS - why is there smoke coming out that there server"

MOO

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Ima

Ok, I'll end my place on this thread with
'weeeeeeee - I'm super knob ! Unable to leap caterpillars in a single bound, more pitiful than a 1 legged man with a limp, able to whine louder than a 3 year old girl with a skinned knee...... '

MOO

DrWatson, unfortunately or fortunately, it wasn't my "opinion" but a peer reviewed information. I was not referring to any particular method of injection. For some reason, you decided that it had to be intravenously because this is how they do it in the movies. However my concern was only about the end result. I am concerned that it may turn out that the COD is officially undetermined, therefore, there is no murder. The available evidence somewhat points that GBC wished to kill his wife and may be knows more about her death, but that's it.

Back to air embolus. In 35% cases cardiac arrest is not related to heart problems. It is a quite common COD, statistically, thus not usually treated as suspicious. The most common non-cardiac causes: trauma, non-trauma related bleeding (gastrointestinal bleeding, aortic rupture, intracranial hemorrhage), overdose, drowning and pulmonary embolism. If we put pulmonary (which is only 15% of all CAs) embolism aside (although with GBC's army training you never know), we still have trauma and/or drowning as a possibility.

About arterial air. Well, yes, no arguments about that, it often goes peripheral but often enough it produces ischemia of any organ with poor collateral circulation. Often enough arterial air causes fatal cardiac arrhythmias (VT -> VF). As a murder method it seems a bit too sophisticated for GBC and a bit too lengthy timewise, in my opinion, but as a possibility - why not?

I have also been thinking of the trauma triad of death as a method. Again, it would have been too sophisticated for Bruce Overland to even comprehend, but if the COD is undetermined, what else to think?

Grannie - a peace offering ;) We'll ignore the little lecture on cardiac arrest and peripheral ischaemia (with more than a few errors in there) other than to say that cardiac arrest ALWAYS occurs at death, but may be the result rather than the cause. It is part of dying. And many death certificates list up to 3 causes of death (at least here in Australia they do). I have filled in my fair share of them. And it usually is something along the lines of Condition A, leading to Condition B, with subsequent cardiac arrest or asystole.

However, where I agree with you is that a concern is that the cause of death in ABC's case may not be determined, or may be in some doubt. Or at least have enough uncertainty to be questioned by the defence lawyers. And I'm not sure how that stands in a legal sense in terms of a murder charge. Those in here with legal expertise would be far more qualified than me to comment. For example, does the prosecution HAVE to prove HOW a person was killed to prove murder, or just that the person was killed? Is the cause of death absolutely necessary in order to prove murder? The case of Kerry Whelan and others, where no body has been found, spring to mind.

Just a final (I hope) point re air embolism... I didn't suggest venous injection "because that's how they do it in the movies". I suggested it because intravenous injection is the only sure way to get air back centrally, to the lungs initially, and then to the heart. Arterial injection, as you correctly mention, goes peripherally. But as a method of murder, it would not be in my Top 50 list of ways to do it... ;)

OK - enough of the air embolism stuff.

Just one other point - I notice that several people have referred to the defence's statement during the bail application that the chipped tooth was the only EXTERNAL sign of injury. But in the Courier Mail summary a few pages back, it refers to the chipped tooth as being the only sign of injury. The word "external" wasn't used. But perhaps that was just the Courier Mail doing its usual thing?

Does anyone know for sure what was claimed by the defence EXACTLY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks