LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just was seeing people starting to link her to Mickey...that was my point...

Ok it just came off a little snarky to me. I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt but i'm from close to this and a little touchy.

I wish we at least knew what we are dealing with too. Should us local girls be scared for our lives? Or do we not have any reason to be scared? I just really wish we knew more
And now a brief message from a mom :D :

Regardless of who "disappeared" Mickey, stay with a crowd when you go out. Soulless sociopaths, crazy drug addicts, violent drunks, and unstable mentally ill people are everywhere. Always keep your door and windows locked. Secretly get personal references on any guy you are are interested in dating and check his criminal history online for a few dollars before you decide to date him.

Maybe this really was an accident, like Mickey's mom has suggested. Maybe because of what they (the family and LE) know foot searches have stopped near the accident because they have seen the truck picking up an alive Mickey and took her somewhere. BRING MICKEY HOME!!!! LE would not necessarily tell a truck that they know everything. Why would the truck come forward? And unless they have a little more hard evidence or a witness, a conviction would be hard. I think they're waiting and watching and giving the perp just enough rope to hang themselves. And they will. It's why there are no updates. I think they saw alive Mickey getting in truck and that is what has given the family so much hope. It's also why cameras down johnston street weren't checked. Congress was checked before they realized her route was st Landry. Something has got to give SOON!!

Here's what I think;

LE has a POI. The Shunicks' PI made a statement that he had 2 ID's/poi/descriptions he was looking into. LE is firming up their evidence. IMO, they (LE) will not reveal info that would jeopardize their case. Simple logic.

We all just have to wait and see. They are stalling for a reason.

There have been some good posts with good info.

I personally do not see what others see in those pictures.
I don't believe she was hit at that spot at Circle K. I just don't see it.

I do believe the truth will come out soon. MOO

:moo::moo::moo::moo::moo:

Maybe this really was an accident, like Mickey's mom has suggested. Maybe because of what they (the family and LE) know foot searches have stopped near the accident because they have seen the truck picking up an alive Mickey and took her somewhere. BRING MICKEY HOME!!!! LE would not necessarily tell a truck that they know everything. Why would the truck come forward? And unless they have a little more hard evidence or a witness, a conviction would be hard. I think they're waiting and watching and giving the perp just enough rope to hang themselves. And they will. It's why there are no updates. I think they saw alive Mickey getting in truck and that is what has given the family so much hope. It's also why cameras down johnston street weren't checked. Congress was checked before they realized her route was st Landry. Something has got to give SOON!!

There were posts this week on the page for Mickey that searches were being resumed this week...so I have a feeling they know little more than we do. JMO

I wish we at least knew what we are dealing with too. Should us local girls be scared for our lives? Or do we not have any reason to be scared? I just really wish we knew more
If we hear tomorrow that MS was not a random victim of a predator on the prowl, it won't eliminate the possibility that one is around the corner. I don't think you should be "scared for your life", but fear can be a good thing when it prompts you to protect yourself. Personally, when it comes to taking precautions to avoid an attacker, I always conduct myself under the assumption that danger is lurking.

I don't mean to sound stupid here, but aren't the pictures black and white? If so, how do we ascertain ANY color from a black and white photo? I'm not telling everyone else its not possible, but my mind is telling me its not possible. Any help here would be appreciated.

Well unless I'm not looking at the original and its one thats been altered, the grass is green in the picture. My original thought is it was a black and white also. Someone pointed it out to me that the grass was green. I guess I need to look a little deeper and see if I can find the original released pic. It may of well been altered.

And now a brief message from a mom :D :

Regardless of who "disappeared" Mickey, stay with a crowd when you go out. Soulless sociopaths, crazy drug addicts, violent drunks, and unstable mentally ill people are everywhere. Always keep your door and windows locked. Secretly get personal references on any guy you are are interested in dating and check his criminal history online for a few dollars before you decide to date him.

I lock my door and windows every night. I always told my son to stick with your friends and watch out for each other. He had to call me regarding where he was, when he got there, (high school). Call me when you get there etc.

College time was more difficult for me. There was a month he would not respond. I called his apartment manager to make sure he was OK. It's not easy being a parent. I was vigilant. Watch your children.

MOO

:moo::moo::moo:

If we hear tomorrow that MS was not a random victim of a predator on the prowl, it won't eliminate the possibility that one is around the corner. I don't think you should be "scared for your life", but fear can be a good thing when it prompts you to protect yourself. Personally, when it comes to taking precautions to avoid an attacker, I always conduct myself under the assumption that danger is lurking.

Exactly! People with "no fear" are completely naive, or they are the kind of person one should fear. (IMO) just like I don't get why someone would hang "truck nuts" from their truck, I never understood "no fear" stickers.

There were posts this week on the page for Mickey that searches were being resumed this week...so I have a feeling they know little more than we do. JMO

Of course searches are still going on!!! The whole purpose to all of this is to find Mickey and bring her home. I hope searches don't stop until that happens. There is a huge area around here to search. Lots of bayous, woods, etc. Places only accessible by paddle, etc. This area is abundant in lucious land and water, hence "sportsman's paradise".

Well unless I'm not looking at the original and its one thats been altered, the grass is green in the picture. My original thought is it was a black and white also. Someone pointed it out to me that the grass was green. I guess I need to look a little deeper and see if I can find the original released pic. It may of well been altered.

Ok, I went and looked at the photos on the LE update site. On two of them I can see some sort of "aura" or coloring on different parts. Almost seems like some sort of orange like tint, kind of like those old time photos. The rest all seem to be shades of gray to me, but I also wouldn't doubt than I'm going color blind.

Believe it or not, there ARE ways to tell what color something was in a black and white photo. Ah, the magic of PhotoShop -- such a genius of a program. This is the way it is done: If I have a black and white photo and I want to emphasize the green grass, I simply turn up the green. It will not appear green in the photo -- but it will appear a deeper gray, etc. If I want to emphasize blue in a black and white photo, same procedure. PhotoShop truly is a genius at a thousand things. I highly suggest those who are interested at all in photography to invest your time in learning PS. It has a very steep learning curve, is expensive -- but it does things that are smarter than rocket science. Truly it does. So - -I happen to know the answer to this question -- you can most of the time tell what color something was in a black and white photo -- IF PhotoShop recognizes the color that is -- which it does pretty accurately most of the time. You're welcome.

Maybe this really was an accident, like Mickey's mom has suggested. Maybe because of what they (the family and LE) know foot searches have stopped near the accident because they have seen the truck picking up an alive Mickey and took her somewhere. BRING MICKEY HOME!!!! LE would not necessarily tell a truck that they know everything. Why would the truck come forward? And unless they have a little more hard evidence or a witness, a conviction would be hard. I think they're waiting and watching and giving the perp just enough rope to hang themselves. And they will. It's why there are no updates. I think they saw alive Mickey getting in truck and that is what has given the family so much hope. It's also why cameras down johnston street weren't checked. Congress was checked before they realized her route was st Landry. Something has got to give SOON!![/QUOT

Gestalt figures

If told that the image you should see is a duck, most people will see a duck. If told that the figure you should see is a rabbit, most people will see a rabbit. Everyone eventually can see both duck and rabbit, but what they perceive first depends to a large extent on what they expect or are otherwise influenced to see.

But if you asked me if I see a truck in this picture I would tell you no. Its too distorted and blurred.[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it, I am a photo editor, pretty good with PhotoShop and I don't see anything in this picture either. Sorry, don't see it. :(

Exactly! People with "no fear" are completely naive, or they are the kind of person one should fear. (IMO) just like I don't get why someone would hang "truck nuts" from their truck, I never understood "no fear" stickers.

bbm

Exactly!

I am a firm believer that awareness is king.

IMO just because something is not probable, it doesn't mean that it's not possible. Just because someone doesn't believe as you do it doesn't mean that they can't be right. Someone will be right and someone will be wrong that is life. But to ridicule someone for what they see or believe IMO is just wrong. Everyone hear just wants Mickey to be found and returned to her family and her community. Mickey stay strong!

That is light from the street light that is not in the picture.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

<you are correct in this case... the timestamps on university are very telling...
not what times the cars passed...
the fact that one says 1:49:38 and the other says 1:51:27 says a lot about the frame-rate... we know there are many more pics or video from this camera based on those times...

if one was at 1:49:38 and the other at 1:51:38... we might assume it snaps a pic at lest once per minute

the fact they they are at odd times to each other says at least one pic snapped per second and possibly full motion video is available to them

peace
Thanks>

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - LA LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #9

<have not had time to read and catch up today but here are some of my findings on the pics...

My level of expertise in graphic design/editing software is expert/professional.

first pic of bike...
vehicle 15-20 yards behind bike pointing in same direction slowing or possibly stopped in loading zone... headlights appear off... braking based on light cast from rear of vehicle
...she is riding in the middle of the only lane in that direction.

second pic of bike (circle k)... appears she rode through a red light to cross University as it appears green in the other direction... there is no traffic...
... she is riding in the middle of the only lane in that direction...

pic of truck (circle K-following) pic is cropped and cannot see the state of the traffic light... the timeline might indicate truck had to wait for red light but was following per previous bike pic. same timeline as bike passing based on gas station patrons/movement

pic of truck (circle k-leaving) truck left turn lane slowing for red light.
tailgate is up per the fact we can see the license plate light which would be obstructed by a down tailgate... based on angles of reflection from upper backlighting, appears to have a white bed cover and dark upper window visors... possible off kilter fuel door enough to reflect light differently, or possible aftermarket. based on turning location, truck should appear on university camera in less than a minute dependent on the length of wait time at current red light

person leaning on car getting gas...
person in white t appears running toward store, possibly a passenger based on angle subject is moving away from car, fuel door most likely on passenger side of vehicle)

truck pic (university) truck appears clean, tires reflect light (possibly just shined) possible paved road travel only to this point per shiny tires... dark upper window visors reflecting light, possible white bed cover, 5 spoke wheels possibly stock. license plate appears flat (printed, not stamped) per even reflection, appears white with red upper lettering possibly similar to california's.

i need to go for a bit but will look more into them later... from what I have reviewed so far the truck appears to be the same truck in all pics, though i have read all your arguments about different trucks as the do certainly "appear" to be as was my opinion also "before i took them apart"... once i have time to bust out my slide-rule to get an accurate timeline i can contribute more

this is all of course, my opinion and could be wrong... but i am good at what i do... (i still have my waxer from when cut and paste meant "cut and paste") in no way could i upload all my work, but if anybody has a specific argument to any of this i will try to take the time to address it... but lets keep the argument civil and stay on point and we can work on this together...

peace
Thanks>

<
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
does it look like the same truck to you?

(thanks so much for your work on this as well )

bbm: (re: the wife part gave me a giggle.. I think Mister Nurse would say the same thing haha)
no and yes... but to my software it does... and we know the truck turned left and we know the university cam snaps at least once per second based on its timestamps so the left turning truck will HAVE TO PASS IT and WILL get its picture taken...

facts

peace
Thanks>

<this is moving too fast for me... please go back and read my post about my pic findings...

window visors on truck
vehicle with lights off following bike in first pic
etc... much of what i found has not been discussed as far as i've seen

please take a look... i spent time on this i don't have and if anyone would like me to continue to... at least take a look a my findings thus far....

peace
Thanks>
l.jpg

It doesn't get much more "hard evidence" than them seeing her being put into a truck or getting into a truck. Thats plenty enough evidence to make an arrest if they know who the driver is. And if they know all that but don't know who the driver is, then it is irresponsible to not ask the public for help in finding the person. That would just be wasting time. Look at Jaren Lockhart's case. Video of two people seen with her, released to the public, boom, identified and arrested within days. If LPD wanted to make an arrest, they would. And then figure out the evidence after. They're known for that. When they want to make an arrest, they do. They're not secretly building a case against some perp. They may have POI's, but theres no hard evidence to go on. If there was, someone would be arrested by now. IMO they are still just lookinh for more clues and solid evidence to point them in the right direction. So people thinking they should just sit back and wait until an arrest is made because LPD already has wbat they need and are building a case, are wrong. People should absolutely still be calling in anything they see or hear, anything suspicious at all, to LPD and Abdella.

It doesn't get much more "hard evidence" than them seeing her being put into a truck or getting into a truck. Thats plenty enough evidence to make an arrest if they know who the driver is. And if they know all that but don't know who the driver is, then it is irresponsible to not ask the public for help in finding the person. That would just be wasting time. Look at Jaren Lockhart's case. Video of two people seen with her, released to the public, boom, identified and arrested within days. If LPD wanted to make an arrest, they would. And then figure out the evidence after. They're known for that. When they want to make an arrest, they do. They're not secretly building a case against some perp. They may have POI's, but theres no hard evidence to go on. If there was, someone would be arrested by now. IMO they are still just lookinh for more clues and solid evidence to point them in the right direction. So people thinking they should just sit back and wait until an arrest is made because LPD already has wbat they need and are building a case, are wrong. People should absolutely still be calling in anything they see or hear, anything suspicious at all, to LPD and Abdella.

Thanks for tuning in.

A lot of us agree with you. My neighbor, the one I mentioned earlier who works for the city, actually LAUGHED at me when I told her about the posts speculating the bike was under the truck. She was familiar with the forum, had been one of our many visitors here, and her opinion gave me some insight into why the Shunick's think it would be foolish to participate with us.....

Wodalo is not a verified expert in any area. What he has to say has no more weight behind it than do any posts by any unverified person. He may SAY he is an expert in enhancing pictures, but unless he is verified, we have no way of knowing he is telling the truth.
I, personally, find his posts interesting, but no way do I think he has accurately described what happened.

<modsnip>

Trying to get to the bottom of the timeline itself which is short, only 6 minutes between when MS leaves BW @ 1:45, and the still of the hooptie @1:51.

I got the address from camera point A on Versailles and Camera point B on St Landry, got Google to do a bike route the same as Mickey's and came up with a distance of 0.4 miles between point A and B. The cameras are said to be approx 1 min apart. With that I figured if she kept up the same hustle for 10 minutes she would travel 4 miles. In 60 minutes she would travel 24 miles.
In other words, if a minute is a minute, she is traveling up to 24 MPH. LE said z71 was behind her on Versailles and "directly behind her turning onto Saint Landry"

We all have eyes to see with, right? We can see that Z71 is not literally right behind Mickey, so "directly behind" means the very next vehicle to go down Saint Landry after Mickey Shunick.

Maybe we can agree that Mickey appears to be stopped, maybe we can't. I don't see any motion blur to suggest she is still riding 20-24MPH.

Maybe we can agree that the truck is stopped in the 2nd Saint Landry frame, maybe we can't. The wheels are still enough to judge their style/type.

The tail lights are telling us something. I don't see a driver at all. I see light from the gas station through the window.

The drivers side window is where I would expect it to be if the door were closed. If there is no driver, I'm leaning toward the vehicle being parked, maybe with flashers or emergency brake on. This indicates multiple seconds between frames, enough time to have an accident and check to see what happened.

It's not so much an accident, however, if this vehicle saw a red light coming up on University and avoided it by taking a right onto W.Convent or a left on Hamilton Place and really went out of their way to chase Mickey. LE said 'the Z71 truck turned from university and was directly behind Mickey on St.Landry'. FACT.

IMO the truck took a left on Hamilton place, because you can see cars line up at the intersection of University and Saint Landry, and maybe the traffic light itself. See attachment 1. Then it took a right onto University and a left on Saint Landry. IMO Mickey knew darned well she was being harassed by this vehicle, especially if it's true as WSleuth Woldalo pointed out, that the trucks lights were off on Versailles. Maybe that's worth another game of telephone with LE. Have you heard this motor run? I have. It would be an intimidating thing to have this truck gunning it's motor on you, if you were on a bike. You'd go out of your way to avoid it, and you'd want to remain visible at all costs.. IMO I think that is why Mickey stopped. And she had reason to believe she lost them at the light. Next thing we know, there is a truck parked at the last place we saw Mickey. The only passenger this truck seems to have is in the passenger seat. It's a fact that the occupant(s) are not known [by the public] to have come forward to tell their side of the story to LE.

3 cars sit at the gas station for 2 stills, another car joins in the 3rd still.
I think we can agree on this.
According to Jordan Hamlett a.k.a WSleuth A.C.I and WSleuth 'redhaired girl', Individual calls were made to LE, and LE says there is no girl under the truck. They were not asked if there was a girl beside the truck.

Whether they were asked if there was a bike under the truck cannot be independently verified without a public statement from LE. a P.I license does carry some clout, but it's unclear whether LE is cooperating with independent investigators.

If the entire event takes place from 1:45 to 1:48, we can maybe agree that the time between the first two Saint Landry LCG building stills are less than three minutes apart.

If we can agree the truck turns onto Saint Landry, maybe we can agree that it's speed would be limited. IMO we're in first gear, a nudging speed. Maybe we can also agree that it is likely Mickey heard this truck from 10s of feet away. it's a loud truck. She might think she has time to head to the Circle K. I think that's what I would have done. Maybe we can agree that if the truck is parked, we are missing several seconds worth of critical events.

I'll look around some more to see if i can nail down the time between stills a little better. I'll admit it doesn't look good. I don't care if you see Mickey or not. I do care that you believe this was a purposeful malicious act, maybe just a prank that went to far, maybe something more complicated. I also care about what appears to be a custom wheel well tool box, with a 3 digit or letter stamp in the middle of a black rectangular outline. I've seen a lot of GM 1500 series Z71 package white Silverados, but none with this wheel well.
If DWTiq still matters, that may be the feature that matters the most.

Attachments

• View of St.John looking at the Circle K.JPG
    View of St.John looking at the Circle K.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 51
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics