LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
reedus23

I went chasing the original starting at thread 1 and the first pic of the Z71 I could find is thread 4/pg 8/post 184 by Artis. Grass is green. I really thought that I was working with an altered pic because originally I thought it was a black and white also. One thing I can say is there isn't much color in the photo other than the grass lol. So now what? Or does it even matter? JMO

<modsnip>

Trying to get to the bottom of the timeline itself which is short, only 6 minutes between when MS leaves BW @ 1:45, and the still of the hooptie @1:51.

I got the address from camera point A on Versailles and Camera point B on St Landry, got Google to do a bike route the same as Mickey's and came up with a distance of 0.4 miles between point A and B. The cameras are said to be approx 1 min apart. With that I figured if she kept up the same hustle for 10 minutes she would travel 4 miles. In 60 minutes she would travel 24 miles.
In other words, if a minute is a minute, she is traveling up to 24 MPH. LE said z71 was behind her on Versailles and "directly behind her turning onto Saint Landry"

We all have eyes to see with, right? We can see that Z71 is not literally right behind Mickey, so "directly behind" means the very next vehicle to go down Saint Landry after Mickey Shunick.

Maybe we can agree that Mickey appears to be stopped, maybe we can't. I don't see any motion blur to suggest she is still riding 20-24MPH.

Maybe we can agree that the truck is stopped in the 2nd Saint Landry frame, maybe we can't. The wheels are still enough to judge their style/type.

The tail lights are telling us something. I don't see a driver at all. I see light from the gas station through the window.

The drivers side window is where I would expect it to be if the door were closed. If there is no driver, I'm leaning toward the vehicle being parked, maybe with flashers or emergency brake on. This indicates multiple seconds between frames, enough time to have an accident and check to see what happened.

It's not so much an accident, however, if this vehicle saw a red light coming up on University and avoided it by taking a right onto W.Convent or a left on Hamilton Place and really went out of their way to chase Mickey. LE said 'the Z71 truck turned from university and was directly behind Mickey on St.Landry'. FACT.

IMO the truck took a left on Hamilton place, because you can see cars line up at the intersection of University and Saint Landry, and maybe the traffic light itself. See attachment 1. Then it right onto University and a left on Saint Landry. IMO Mickey knew darned well she was being harassed by this vehicle, especially if it's true as WSleuth Woldalo pointed out, that the trucks lights were off on Versailles. Maybe that's worth another game of telephone with LE. Have you heard this motor run? I have. It would be an intimidating thing to have this truck gunning it's motor on you, if you were on a bike. You'd go out of your way to avoid it, and you'd want to remain visible at all costs.. IMO I think that is why Mickey stopped. And she had reason to believe she lost them at the light. Next thing we know, there is a truck parked at the last place we saw Mickey. The only passenger this truck seems to have is in the passenger seat. It's a fact that the occupant(s) are not known [by the public] to have come forward to tell their side of the story to LE.

3 cars sit at the gas station for 2 stills, another car joins in the 3rd still.
I thin kwe can agree on this.
According to Jordan Hamlett a.k.a WSleuth A.C.I and WSleuth 'redhaired girl', Individual calls were made to LE, and LE says there is no girl under the truck. They were not asked if there was a girl beside the truck.

Whether they were asked if there was a bike under the truck cannot be independently verified without a public statement from LE. a P.I license does carry some clout, but it's unclear whether LE is cooperating with independent investigators.

If the entire event takes place from 1:45 to 1:48, we can maybe agree that the time between the first two Saint Landry LCG building stills less than three minutes apart.

If we can agree the truck turns onto Saint Landry, maybe we can agree that it's speed would be limited. IMO we're in first gear, a nudging speed. Maybe we can also agree that it is likely Mickey heard this truck from 10s of feet away. it's a loud truck. She might think she has time to head to the Circle K. I think that's what I would have done. Maybe we can agree that if the truck is parked, we are missing several seconds worth of critical events.

I'll look around some more to see if i can nail down the time between stills a little better. I'll admit it doesn't look good. I don't care if you see Mickey or not. I do care that you believe this was a purposeful malicious act, maybe just a prank that went to far, maybe something more complicated. I also care about what appears to be a custom wheel well tool box, with a 3 digit or letter stamp in the middle of a black rectangular outline. I've seen a lot of GM 1500 series Z71 package white Silverados, but none with this wheel well.
If DWTiq still matters, that may be the feature that matters the most.

Waiting, thank you. Post what ever you got.

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

And now a brief message from a mom :D :

Regardless of who "disappeared" Mickey, stay with a crowd when you go out. Soulless sociopaths, crazy drug addicts, violent drunks, and unstable mentally ill people are everywhere. Always keep your door and windows locked. Secretly get personal references on any guy you are are interested in dating and check his criminal history online for a few dollars before you decide to date him.

amen to that.

Believe it or not, there ARE ways to tell what color something was in a black and white photo. Ah, the magic of PhotoShop -- such a genius of a program. This is the way it is done: If I have a black and white photo and I want to emphasize the green grass, I simply turn up the green. It will not appear green in the photo -- but it will appear a deeper gray, etc. If I want to emphasize blue in a black and white photo, same procedure. PhotoShop truly is a genius at a thousand things. I highly suggest those who are interested at all in photography to invest your time in learning PS. It has a very steep learning curve, is expensive -- but it does things that are smarter than rocket science. Truly it does. So - -I happen to know the answer to this question -- you can most of the time tell what color something was in a black and white photo -- IF PhotoShop recognizes the color that is -- which it does pretty accurately most of the time. You're welcome.

I appreciate that and understand that part of ps. The question was "How are you actually seeing color(not deeper greys) in a black and white photo?" Not if you can identify the color something actually is in a black and white by seeing a deeper shade of grey. There is no doubt you can.

reedus23

I went chasing the original starting at thread 1 and the first pic of the Z71 I could find is thread 4/pg 8/post 184 by Artis. Grass is green. I really thought that I was working with an altered pic because originally I thought it was a black and white also. One thing I can say is there isn't much color in the photo other than the grass lol. So now what? Or does it even matter? JMO

It matters in the context of whether people are adding things to the images they post. Some see a hooded person in the passenger seat. Others have gone as far as to say 'wearing a blue top'.. and then still others go 'no no no, it's black and white'. I think it's rgb color in night time, with lots of artificial light from multiple sources.

What was really controversial was when a poster created this black shadow-man cut out and put it in the driver's seat position. This was threads and threads ago. We've self governed away from inserting things without a disclaimer in the image itself.

I wish we at least knew what we are dealing with too. Should us local girls be scared for our lives? Or do we not have any reason to be scared? I just really wish we knew more

It doesn't necessarily matter what we are dealing with in Mickey's disappearance, it DOES matter that all of us become aware of our surroundings, and take whatever steps we must to avoid becoming a victim.

It is wise to take self defense classes, it is wise to be alert and to be willing to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to avoid being "taken." I remember from my self defense classes during the DTL days being told, DO NOT GET INTO ANYONE'S VEHICLE....this may or may not save your life, but it does insure that you will be found in a familiar location. Scratch, kick, scream, bite, do whatever you have to, MAKE NOISE! LEAVE EVIDENCE! Fight to save your own life, but in the event that you lose your life, make sure you've left as much evidence to find who hurt you as you can. -----

I don't know if we should live in fear but we should all live in preparedness.

I haven't seen or heard anything that makes me think Mickey was a specific victim, personally. I think it was random and I would be sure not to be alone, especially after dark. But I would always be sure of that anyway...JMO

I haven't heard anything either, but the fact that no evidence was found makes me believe that Mickey was taken by someone she recognized and was familiar with.

Tagging along on your comment, it is ALWAYS wise to be in a group of people, day or night. Unfortunately, we have now learned that even in Lafayette, Louisiana, you should not be biking alone.

Does it matter what the circumstances are? Nobody knows that right now, yes she had a breakdown recently around finals time that was 2 weeks ago. Her Dr felt she was ok enough to release her for out patient care. Her parents or friends have no idea where she is at and i'm assuming if this were your child no matter the circumstances you would be beside yourself. Yes let's all hope she is just
needing time to her self. My concern is, that is a rough area and i'm praying she did not come across someone or something that will harm her.

Sorry no dis-respect meant and i'm hoping that your comment got lost on me through text and you were not dismissing the situation.

OMG, I was afraid of this! Someone commented on Mickey's thread about another missing young woman, Linnea Lomax, who had gone missing. LINNEA'S FAMILY AND FRIENDS are the ones who said that LINNEA had recently had a breakdown. It is on Mickey's thread, but has nothing to do with Mickey.

respectfully snipped..

I do in fact know the video is not continuous but exactly like the traffic cameras. That is what a representative of the planning commission told me. I posted her contact information here to corroborate that information and it was removed by moderators. I did not call and represent WS or my business.
Mods: I apologize for posting that if it was against TOS.

Ashley Says said. "It's her silhouette, her body type. You can see the lights on her spokes. I've looked at it really closely and when you look closely, you can even see that big blonde hair.

She saw her silhouette, her body type and had to look at it closely to see her big blonde hair... but easily identified her. ok.

That tells me they see exactly what we see... conclude that how you will.

Well, we have a conundrum here. I was told by a neighbor who works in IT for the city government of Lafayette that the video was indeed continuous.

This is going to be one of those things we are going to have to agree to disagree on.

Mickey's friend did recognize her on the video, but so did Mickey's sister and her parents. It seems unanimous among them that the biker in the still shots IS Mickey.

There were posts this week on the page for Mickey that searches were being resumed this week...so I have a feeling they know little more than we do. JMO

I *think* those pictures of the searcher were from before we were told the volunteer searches had been called off.

All I see happening now, today, is a call for people to replace flyers that have been destroyed by our afternoon rains.

Exactly! People with "no fear" are completely naive, or they are the kind of person one should fear. (IMO) just like I don't get why someone would hang "truck nuts" from their truck, I never understood "no fear" stickers.

No Fear was a popular brand name of clothing WAY back in my sons' day!

It doesn't get much more "hard evidence" than them seeing her being put into a truck or getting into a truck. Thats plenty enough evidence to make an arrest if they know who the driver is. And if they know all that but don't know who the driver is, then it is irresponsible to not ask the public for help in finding the person. That would just be wasting time. Look at Jaren Lockhart's case. Video of two people seen with her, released to the public, boom, identified and arrested within days. If LPD wanted to make an arrest, they would. And then figure out the evidence after. They're known for that. When they want to make an arrest, they do. They're not secretly building a case against some perp. They may have POI's, but theres no hard evidence to go on. If there was, someone would be arrested by now. IMO they are still just lookinh for more clues and solid evidence to point them in the right direction. So people thinking they should just sit back and wait until an arrest is made because LPD already has wbat they need and are building a case, are wrong. People should absolutely still be calling in anything they see or hear, anything suspicious at all, to LPD and Abdella.

I totally agree that if LE had seen Mickey and/or her bike being loaded into a vehicle, that information and a thorough description of the vehicle would have been released to the public.

There is NO reason that Lafayette PD would have to keep that information away from the public. This is NOT a "podunk" organization, our officers are educated and experienced and believe it or not, they WANT to solve cases. If they had any evidence at all to solve this case, it would be solved.

I also don't believe that people should sit back and wait for an arrest.....Call in any information you have! Call it in to LE or to Johnny Abdella, but call it in!

I truly believe that Mickey can be found, and I believe it will be a member of the public that finds her or provides the evidence for LE to find her.

It matters in the context of whether people are adding things to the images they post. Some see a hooded person in the passenger seat. Others have gone as far as to say 'wearing a blue top'.. and then still others go 'no no no, it's black and white'. I think it's rgb color in night time, with lots of artificial light from multiple sources.

What was really controversial was when a poster created this black shadow-man cut out and put it in the driver's seat position. This was threads and threads ago. We've self governed away from inserting things without a disclaimer in the image itself.

On this, we totally agree!

It doesn't necessarily matter what we are dealing with in Mickey's disappearance, it DOES matter that all of us become aware of our surroundings, and take whatever steps we must to avoid becoming a victim.

It is wise to take self defense classes, it is wise to be alert and to be willing to do WHATEVER IT TAKES to avoid being "taken." I remember from my self defense classes during the DTL days being told, DO NOT GET INTO ANYONE'S VEHICLE....this may or may not save your life, but it does insure that you will be found in a familiar location. Scratch, kick, scream, bite, do whatever you have to, MAKE NOISE! LEAVE EVIDENCE! Fight to save your own life, but in the event that you lose your life, make sure you've left as much evidence to find who hurt you as you can. -----

~~
Oh, I agree. If anyone ever tried to take me one of us would die right there on the spot. ;)

I just found this option on my mac.

Universal Access > Seeing > Display > White on Black.

Makes all these grey boxes easier to read.

Oh my heck you people are quote happy today.

I appreciate that and understand that part of ps. The question was "How are you actually seeing color(not deeper greys) in a black and white photo?" Not if you can identify the color something actually is in a black and white by seeing a deeper shade of grey. There is no doubt you can.

The video is not black n white. It is low saturation. The saturation settings are set to the lowest setting by default, and it is low light.

I have attached the original image and a desaturated image.

Attachments

• SATURATIONNOT.jpg
    SATURATIONNOT.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 92
I lock my door and windows every night. I always told my son to stick with your friends and watch out for each other. He had to call me regarding where he was, when he got there, (high school). Call me when you get there etc.

College time was more difficult for me. There was a month he would not respond. I called his apartment manager to make sure he was OK. It's not easy being a parent. I was vigilant. Watch your children.

MOO

:moo::moo::moo:

after reading that thread on the kid ICE needed help identifying - I am debating whether or not I can let my children ride their bikes in our neighborhood, which is a small new circle neighborhood without cross streets. seriously, there is a BIG problem with predators these days. jeesh, i was afraid to let my son go on a fishing trip with the neighbor and his kid. i did, but i had to give him a talk before. we've already had the talk about the no no zones etc., but i had to remind him. and there is NOTHING strange about my neighbor. he's a nice normal guy, but we live in a sick sick sick world. i HATE being a nervous nellie mom and it's not in my nature to be one, but I'm started to change my ways, ya know.

I followed some hostile posts related to Mickey Shunick on a social networking site in late May. I followed that trail where ever it went. There were pictures. (see attachment) Other pictures from this series included a white GMC 1500, a local restaurant, some ppl doin stuff. It seemed pretty meaningless to have the images outside the context of the social scene it came from. I can't help but include a weapon like this as a possible way to get a person off a bike. It's been on my mind this whole time.

Attachments

• riding shotgun.jpg
    riding shotgun.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 127
Yesterday my daughter and I were running an errand. We noticed a convertible jeep style truck at an opposite red light. As she pointed out the cool "girl truck" I could not help but notice the girl looked like Mickey.

When the light turned green, she turned in front of me before I could cross the intersection. I followed her for a good four miles, it was nuts.

Crazy curly blonde hair in a ponytail, nose ring, aviator glasses, and sun tan. I was chasing her like I was chasing the Devil. My daughter got a video on the phone. I will not post it because it shows her license plate number, and I need to protect the stranger I was following. When she finally turned I realized she was just a bit too sun tanned to be MS, but for a minute there I had a shred of hope.

That somehow she had come here, or was brought here.

I know it's crazy, and I was no better than you guys with the white truck obsession. :) We all want her to return so badly I am that I am chasing some other clueless female with my 11 year old taping it all.

I hope very soon we all get closure, and we will all sit back and laugh at the crazy things we did to bring Mickey home.

kgeaux, good point about leaving evidence behind if you are taken. i've been thinking that all week - like Hansel and Gretel with the bread crumbs or whatever they left behind. I'm going to fill my kids in on this soon. I guess you could tear pieces of your clothing off etc. Did your self defense class give you examples of what to leave behind. All I can think of is torn clothing and pulling out some of your hair, but it seems like that wouldn't be easy to find.

Yesterday my daughter and I were running an errand. We noticed a convertible jeep style truck at an opposite red light. As she pointed out the cool "girl truck" I could not help but notice the girl looked like Mickey.

When the light turned green, she turned in front of me before I could cross the intersection. I followed her for a good four miles, it was nuts.

Crazy curly blonde hair in a ponytail, nose ring, aviator glasses, and sun tan. I was chasing her like I was chasing the Devil. My daughter got a video on the phone. I will not post it because it shows her license plate number, and I need to protect the stranger I was following. When she finally turned I realized she was just a bit too sun tanned to be MS, but for a minute there I had a shred of hope.

That somehow she had come here, or was brought here.

I know it's crazy, and I was no better than you guys with the white truck obsession. :) We all want her to return so badly I am that I am chasing some other clueless female with my 11 year old taping it all.

I hope very soon we all get closure, and we will all sit back and laugh at the crazy things we did to bring Mickey home.

I've followed 3 white trucks and my children told all their friends in the neighborhood about it and now they all call me crazy. :blushing:

I told them that if they ever go missing I will do the same for them.

<modsnip>

Trying to get to the bottom of the timeline itself which is short, only 6 minutes between when MS leaves BW @ 1:45, and the still of the hooptie @1:51.

I got the address from camera point A on Versailles and Camera point B on St Landry, got Google to do a bike route the same as Mickey's and came up with a distance of 0.4 miles between point A and B. The cameras are said to be approx 1 min apart. With that I figured if she kept up the same hustle for 10 minutes she would travel 4 miles. In 60 minutes she would travel 24 miles.
In other words, if a minute is a minute, she is traveling up to 24 MPH. LE said z71 was behind her on Versailles and "directly behind her turning onto Saint Landry"

We all have eyes to see with, right? We can see that Z71 is not literally right behind Mickey, so "directly behind" means the very next vehicle to go down Saint Landry after Mickey Shunick.

Maybe we can agree that Mickey appears to be stopped, maybe we can't. I don't see any motion blur to suggest she is still riding 20-24MPH.

Maybe we can agree that the truck is stopped in the 2nd Saint Landry frame, maybe we can't. The wheels are still enough to judge their style/type.

The tail lights are telling us something. I don't see a driver at all. I see light from the gas station through the window.

The drivers side window is where I would expect it to be if the door were closed. If there is no driver, I'm leaning toward the vehicle being parked, maybe with flashers or emergency brake on. This indicates multiple seconds between frames, enough time to have an accident and check to see what happened.

It's not so much an accident, however, if this vehicle saw a red light coming up on University and avoided it by taking a right onto W.Convent or a left on Hamilton Place and really went out of their way to chase Mickey. LE said 'the Z71 truck turned from university and was directly behind Mickey on St.Landry'. FACT.

IMO the truck took a left on Hamilton place, because you can see cars line up at the intersection of University and Saint Landry, and maybe the traffic light itself. See attachment 1. Then it took a right onto University and a left on Saint Landry. IMO Mickey knew darned well she was being harassed by this vehicle, especially if it's true as WSleuth Woldalo pointed out, that the trucks lights were off on Versailles. Maybe that's worth another game of telephone with LE. Have you heard this motor run? I have. It would be an intimidating thing to have this truck gunning it's motor on you, if you were on a bike. You'd go out of your way to avoid it, and you'd want to remain visible at all costs.. IMO I think that is why Mickey stopped. And she had reason to believe she lost them at the light. Next thing we know, there is a truck parked at the last place we saw Mickey. The only passenger this truck seems to have is in the passenger seat. It's a fact that the occupant(s) are not known [by the public] to have come forward to tell their side of the story to LE.

3 cars sit at the gas station for 2 stills, another car joins in the 3rd still.
I think we can agree on this.
According to Jordan Hamlett a.k.a WSleuth A.C.I and WSleuth 'redhaired girl', Individual calls were made to LE, and LE says there is no girl under the truck. They were not asked if there was a girl beside the truck.

Whether they were asked if there was a bike under the truck cannot be independently verified without a public statement from LE. a P.I license does carry some clout, but it's unclear whether LE is cooperating with independent investigators.

If the entire event takes place from 1:45 to 1:48, we can maybe agree that the time between the first two Saint Landry LCG building stills are less than three minutes apart.

If we can agree the truck turns onto Saint Landry, maybe we can agree that it's speed would be limited. IMO we're in first gear, a nudging speed. Maybe we can also agree that it is likely Mickey heard this truck from 10s of feet away. it's a loud truck. She might think she has time to head to the Circle K. I think that's what I would have done. Maybe we can agree that if the truck is parked, we are missing several seconds worth of critical events.

I'll look around some more to see if i can nail down the time between stills a little better. I'll admit it doesn't look good. I don't care if you see Mickey or not. I do care that you believe this was a purposeful malicious act, maybe just a prank that went to far, maybe something more complicated. I also care about what appears to be a custom wheel well tool box, with a 3 digit or letter stamp in the middle of a black rectangular outline. I've seen a lot of GM 1500 series Z71 package white Silverados, but none with this wheel well.
If DWTiq still matters, that may be the feature that matters the most.

#1, I have heard a Z71, in fact I've heard lots and lots of them. They are not any louder than any other truck, IMO. I live in Lafayette, my husband works for an oil company, my daddy owns an oil company, and I've heard a LOT of trucks. I have owned Z71s and right now there are three right near my house, on my street. I know you have commented on how loud the Z71 is before, and I've always wondered if you were listening to a diesel.

#2. I do not believe Mickey is stopped. Her posture suggests that she is moving right along.

#3. I also do not see the driver in the released still.

#4. I see no indication that the truck is stopped or parked, or even backing up.

#5. The Z71 did in fact turn from University onto St. Landry. The earlier truck which was ruled out was seen following Mickey.

#6. I don't think Wodalo has any insight into what happened to Mickey at all. He is not local, and not a verified expert in enhancing photos. I totally and completely treat anything he had to say as "opinion."

#7. I do believe that whatever happened to Mickey was indeed a product of malicious intent. However, I do NOT see Mickey anywhere near the Z71 in the released still.

~~
Oh, I agree. If anyone ever tried to take me one of us would die right there on the spot. ;)
So I was probably the last one off the mountain tonight and the parking area was empty when I came down and I had to load my bike onto the car rack. I have a heavy bar that attaches from the seat post to the stem so it fits the rack and I was hooking the bar onto my bike.
These 2 poor guys come riding up to me in a black pick up truck. I am holding this crossbar in my hand and they very politely ask me for directions. This is a dead end street and people get lost up there all the time-I am forever giving directions.
But honestly I think I scared the carp out of these poor dudes I had that bar in my hand and said don't come any closer!I'll tell you how to get there just stay in your car and don't come near me.
Their eyes got big as saucers and they were like geez lady. I said sorry but don't come close. I mean there was no one around at all!

I gave them the info and they went on their way-but one of those guys would have ended up with that bar in the head if they had gotten out of the car. It was almost comical if it wasn't so sad.

sorry for this OT but this case does have me on the defensive.

kgeaux, good point about leaving evidence behind if you are taken. i've been thinking that all week - like Hansel and Gretel with the bread crumbs or whatever they left behind. I'm going to fill my kids in on this soon. I guess you could tear pieces of your clothing off etc. Did your self defense class give you examples of what to leave behind. All I can think of is torn clothing and pulling out some of your hair, but it seems like that wouldn't be easy to find.

About a year ago, a man followed me out of Safeway. I had just returned from my daughter's graduation and was dressed up all southern lady . ( high heels, stockings, pearls, dress)

He got right up on me, and I turned around as I did, he said

You are FINE, frankly he scared the heck out of me. I stomped on his toe with my four inch pump and said...

You better back the F up, you dont know me like dat. ( I am sure in a pure cajun accent, which is what happens when I get mad) He ran right the hell off. I was lucky, but to be honest I think I SCARED him. ;)

the take away is fight back, and be mean, and have a weapon- always.

All I can see in the photo of Mickie on her bike is that you never know when you will see someone for the last time. Apparently, anyone can vanish, at any time.

I followed some hostile posts related to Mickey Shunick on a social networking site in late May. I followed that trail where ever it went. There were pictures. (see attachment) Other pictures from this series included a white GMC 1500, a local restaurant, some ppl doin stuff. It seemed pretty meaningless to have the images outside the context of the social scene it came from. I can't help but include a weapon like this as a possible way to get a person off a bike. It's been on my mind this whole time.

This might be a good tip to call into Abdella and the police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77