LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1, I have heard a Z71, in fact I've heard lots and lots of them. They are not any louder than any other truck, IMO. I live in Lafayette, my husband works for an oil company, my daddy owns an oil company, and I've heard a LOT of trucks. I have owned Z71s and right now there are three right near my house, on my street. I know you have commented on how loud the Z71 is before, and I've always wondered if you were listening to a diesel.

#2. I do not believe Mickey is stopped. Her posture suggests that she is moving right along.

#3. I also do not see the driver in the released still.

#4. I see no indication that the truck is stopped or parked, or even backing up.

#5. The Z71 did in fact turn from University onto St. Landry. The earlier truck which was ruled out was seen following Mickey.

#6. I don't think Wodalo has any insight into what happened to Mickey at all. He is not local, and not a verified expert in enhancing photos. I totally and completely treat anything he had to say as "opinion."

#7. I do believe that whatever happened to Mickey was indeed a product of malicious intent. However, I do NOT see Mickey anywhere near the Z71 in the released still.

:rollercoaster:

reedus23

I went chasing the original starting at thread 1 and the first pic of the Z71 I could find is thread 4/pg 8/post 184 by Artis. Grass is green. I really thought that I was working with an altered pic because originally I thought it was a black and white also. One thing I can say is there isn't much color in the photo other than the grass lol. So now what? Or does it even matter? JMO

Thanks for going back and sifting through those threads deja....I'm afraid to ask how long that took you....but thanks again.

kgeaux, today they identified the boy on the ICE thread and rescued the little girl too. because they are under age, they aren't releasing their names. it was related to a child *advertiser censored* ring. ugh. i can barely type those words. so so so sad and disturbing.

You're doing better than I am ... I can't even see a Darth Vader Helmet :waitasec:.

I see either a german shepherd, a husky, or a huge raccoon. LOL
I asked my daughter what she saw - my daughter knows nothing about this case or the DWT.

Her answer: a human being with light blonde hair. I had a slight freak-out when she said that. I absolutely do not see Mickey in that picture, but I understand that some do.

Thanks for the info. Call me a slow learner though, but are YOU turning up the green or blue or whatever color? Because that sounds like the user is selecting what colors to turn things up on. My question, I guess, is this....if I give you a black and white picture of myself in a shirt and I don't tell you what color that shirt is, would you be able to use Photoshop to tell me what color my shirt is? Thanks for your patience.
Yes. It's a tedious process, but you can use filters to reveal the colors in a b&w image.

So ACI are you still actively searching on your own or is it strictly limited to your limited web presence? Just curious and don't feel like you have to answer.

IMO About the DWT:
On Friday, May 25 LPD released the stills of Mickey @ LCG and the image of the DWT in turning lane. The media and Charlene specifically commented that this was not the truck in question, but they were interested in another DWT that was traveling on the same streets captured on camera. This seemed strange….
<snip>

Then the light under the truck can be explained as a reflection of her bike light onto a part of the chrome bumper and the other spots are from her tire reflectors.
As for the image of Mickey shown to us @ LCG… perhaps that was fixed tooooo. I did this fake image in 10 minutes. Something like this may have been the only image of her without the SDDWT behind her on that camera! (to fix the SDDWT as described above would take longer and may explain nearly the 24 hour delay in releasing that image to public) And whatever happened to her happened farther along her route.)
Anywhooo… That is just my opinion and observations.

I just wanted to thank you for sharing your theory with us. It's an interesting observation, and I appreciate the time it took for you to show it to us.

Shotgun. I am clueless, didn't even think it was a gun.
I wondered how that odd looking thing was a weapon that could be used to get a girl off her bike. A shotgun would do that. Why did the poster think of a pistol grip shot gun? There are lots of different kinds of guns so why that specific gun?

I own a Mossberg 500 pistol grip variety, and I think the one in the photo may be the same model.

What I don't like is how the gun is buckled up like that in the seat. I feel like the average Joe riding with it for defensive purposes would be more likely to have it in the passenger side floorboard with the handle leaning up toward the driver's side, for quicker access. If someone is paranoid enough to be riding around with a shotgun, they should want quick access, not having to waste valuable time during an emergency unbuckling the seatbelt. It's like it's not there to be available to respond to an emergency, but to be casually unbuckled when the opportunity arises.

I am a long-time lurker, first-time poster, but I want to comment on something about the DWT before I fall asleep. If the camera that took the pic of Mickey and the DWT is continuous video, I find the choice of still LE used to ask the public for help in finding it interesting. Why show us a picture of a truck partially obscured by the roadway sign? You can see, based on the pic of Mickey, that in a second or two, the DWT would have been fully visible to the camera and we could have seen much more clearly what is above the rear passenger wheel well. Did they choose this image because they could not show us what happened just before and just after it? Again, this is all based on the camera shooting continuous video.

Personally, I don't think Mickey is under the truck, but I think it's possible the bike is. The scenario I see this happening is the DWT is in front of her. For whatever reason, the truck starts backing up, quickly, not realizing there is a bicyclist behind it. Mickey jumps off her bike leaving it lying in the street. The DWT backs over it.

Yes, another possible scenario that satisfies those with the theory that bike is possibly under truck and Mickey. Isn't......and also satisfies those with the theory that its impossible by the laws of physics that she could have been hit on bike from behind and ended up under the sign......and also satisfies those with the theory about the rear taillights being stolen and arson and stolen pressure washer possibly being related.

Moo.

I own a Mossberg 500 pistol grip variety, and I think the one in the photo may be the same model.

What I don't like is how the gun is buckled up like that in the seat. I feel like the average Joe riding with it for defensive purposes would be more likely to have it in the driver's side floorboard with the handle leaning up toward the driver's side, for quicker access. If someone is paranoid enough to be riding around with a shotgun, they should want quick access, not having to waste valuable time during an emergency unbuckling the seatbelt. It's like it's not there to be available to respond to an emergency, but to be casually unbuckled when the opportunity arises.

I think it's meant to be a joke. "Riding shotgun". There is a shotgun riding shotgun

I see either a german shepherd, a husky, or a huge raccoon. LOL
I asked my daughter what she saw - my daughter knows nothing about this case or the DWT.

Her answer: a human being with light blonde hair. I had a slight freak-out when she said that. I absolutely do not see Mickey in that picture, but I understand that some do.

I see a big black dog as well. I'm squinting really hard though and I can't see a darth vader helmet!! Wish I could.

Ok this 2 year P.I. stuff I have to address.

Getting a P.I. license is much more than 2 years of fraud investigation contrary to comments posted previously. If an individual was a P.I. previous to this, they had the ability to "grandfather" so to speak in. That would not of been the case for A.C.I.

For state licensing you must submit "Logs" with the application and the logs must cover a variety of investigative criteria and is indeed longer than 2 years. These logs must as well be "verified". These are the "Minimum Requirements" which you will note does not even include the "Agency License" requirements. This information can be seen at the link I provided.

I have not even included the entire application procedures/requirements just the bare minimum.

Feel free to browse the legalities involved :)

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSING

"Private investigation agency license" issued to any person or entity, as defined in RS 37:3503 (8), where the individual seeking license or the partner of the partnership seeking licensure or the principle corporate officer of the corporation seeking license (i) has at least three (3) years experience within the last ten (10) years either working as a private investigator or in an investigative capacity and (ii) satisfies all other requirements for licensing.

If you are forming your own company, planning to work independently, or going to do contract work for others, you must apply for an Agency level license. This license will allow you to work for yourself and for other agencies. You must fill out the INDIVIDUAL APPLICATION and the AGENCY APPLICATION. You also need:
  • Any person applying for agency must show documentation of 3 years investigative experience per R.S. 3507.2 (A)(1)(a)
  • A fully complete application. Please print or type. Fill out the three-page (3) Individual Information, the two-page Agency Application, and the attached forms and requested information as listed below. While incorporation is not required, if you choose to incorporate, please furnish copies of your Articles of Incorporation
  • Occupational License for your agency physical address.
  • One 5" x 7" color glossy, original photograph. Please review the Application package example and submit a similar photo. A close-up shot of your head and shoulders with white or light-colored background is preferred. No other photo/image will be accepted.
  • Two FBI fingerprint cards in the Application package.
    See instructions regarding fingerprints.
    Please fill out the 2 Criminal Identification information forms submitted in the application packet.
  • Enclose a copy of your driver's license with the application."
http://www.lsbpie.com/

What I don't like is how the gun is buckled up like that in the seat. I feel like the average Joe riding with it for defensive purposes would be more likely to have it in the passenger side floorboard with the handle leaning up toward the driver's side, for quicker access. If someone is paranoid enough to be riding around with a shotgun, they should want quick access, not having to waste valuable time during an emergency unbuckling the seatbelt. It's like it's not there to be available to respond to an emergency, but to be casually unbuckled when the opportunity arises.

What is that type of gun used for? Hunting,le,protection, long range shots or short range?

Yes. It's a tedious process, but you can use filters to reveal the colors in a b&w image.

You can realistically "colorize" black and white images in a multitude of Adobe Photoshop ways-you cannot determine or "develop" extract actual color from a black and white image. That I am aware of and I have extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop.

On that same note:
I imported the images of Mickey alone on St. Landry and the Z71 on St. Landry into Adobe Photoshop. I enlarged both images so I could see the center pixel(s) of both the light on her bike and the hotly debated light under the truck. Adobe Photoshop color picker tells me that the html notation of what I determine to be that center pixel of those lights in both images is: ffffee
For the layman that might not be significant, but I edit and create graphic images on an almost daily basis. When doing websites by html or trying to use exact matching colors and fonts on a graphic, you want to match html notation (color, density, hue, saturation etc)

My Adobe Photoshop says: The bike light on Mickey's bike is the same light under the truck, in my professional opinion. (Before you direct me: I have emailed the mods to be verified as a professional)

I believe the original images that LE released are too low quality and/or specific items are obscured on purpose. Therefore, I cannot see a "bike". I cannot see a mangled bike. I cannot see a body. I cannot see "Mickey". Anywhere in this photo! What I can tell you is that the same light source on her bike is under the truck. Specifically. We can speculate that Mickey is further down St. Landry but we have no photo proof or eye witness, no verified proof.

We can speculate Mickey is under the truck, in the truck, standing next to the truck (she is short like me. I can't see over the hood of just about any truck out there.) bent over next to the truck, in the bed of the truck, out of camera view 20 ft in front of the truck. We have no photo proof to determine that. I assure you I am not insane, or making wild speculations. I am trying to give helpful, sleuthful information that helps find Mickey. I apologize if my opinions offend(ed) anyone.

I lock my door and windows every night. I always told my son to stick with your friends and watch out for each other. He had to call me regarding where he was, when he got there, (high school). Call me when you get there etc.

College time was more difficult for me. There was a month he would not respond. I called his apartment manager to make sure he was OK. It's not easy being a parent. I was vigilant. Watch your children.

MOO

:moo::moo::moo:

Shameless bump for everyone out there.

:cheers:

I absolutely LOVE facebook. It's much easier to follow people when they tell me where they're going all day :D

Umm..:waitasec:

I guess they need to be investigated because they are not being truthful?? So doesnt that really mean you just have extra crap to verify?

I have had a hard time seeing that but waiting1979 has been saying that from the beginning....I think.

I also have been saying that from the beginning. It looks as though it is open and the driver is out( half out?) looking over the hood. It would account for us not being able to 'see the driver'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021