NO BAIL! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes there was also those "personal items" which we've not heard a word about since...although I think they were found in the original search area for a missing Allison??...GBC was asked to go look at them at police station to confirm if they belonged to Allison or not??

They won't just take his word for it either way. The will have tested them for prints/contact DNA etc.

I sign with my name if to someone I'm not always texting or if I don't know if they have my number - but family and friends there is no need as it comes up with my name and in the case of those with iphones as a conversation :)

I don't have an iphone, but it is an android phone and does come up with the conversation. I still like to sign my name.. or at least initial. To family it is usually my nickname or initial as with close friends. But others I usually use my name.

I bet there is an article in news tomorrow, Sunday Mail prob, that covers 'Life in Remand (or Medical Unit) Centre'.

End of another week and may be assessed to move to cell now etc.

Also what the movements of OW are now whether back to her home etc...

TM might have house for sale to move away...

Hope Madonna King writes another article too...

Wait and see as I know nuttin'........

Will be interesting to see if there's any more info released before 9th July...in one of Allison Sandy's tweets last week she mentioned she'd been going through "reams of documents relating to Baden-Clay case lodged in court"

So far I don't think we've seen "reams of documents"....

I've just thought of something in relation to the "interfering with a corpse" charge.

GBC wanted it to appear that Allison has gone missing whilst walking but the issue was without a body the insurers would be unlikely to pay out in any great hurry. If the body was found it might reveal a cause of death. However if just a body part from Allison turned up somewhere a month or so later - the finding would be that Allison had been murdered by some random person and Gerard would be able to make his claim. Just my own thoughts.

I have a bad habit of starting to read from the latest page and from bottom to top...i feel lonely if if go back 6 or 7 pages and everyone else is here......does anyone else do that.?
or have i spent too much time in jail and im now a little bit odd....but ok soon hopefully *advertiser censored*

I have a bad habit of starting to read from the latest page and from bottom to top...i feel lonely if if go back 6 or 7 pages and everyone else is here......does anyone else do that.?
or have i spent too much time in jail and im now a little bit odd....but ok now hopefully *advertiser censored*

Yes I do that too - sometimes I read using the print view (1000 threads) to make it quicker.

Sure, he could be that theatrical with women or estate buyers, and they could suscept to his performance. But his creditors, especially banks, are not likely to be that impressionnable. It would be interesting to find out if GBC was getting letters or calls from his creditors in February-March just to understand how tense the situation was for him. I remember I was away once and missed a car loan payment, for which I still had 14 days time to catch up to avoid a late fee, and they called me in 3 days to check what's going on and remind me of the late fee. For havens sake... And that was over some 500 bucks. Here we have a million dollar debt and what? Silence? I find it hard to believe. JMO.

He would have been under this type of pressure for sure. I reckon that accident in the prado would have pushed him to the limit too, wondering how on earth they could afford to fix it.

or have i spent too much time in jail and im now a little bit odd....but ok soon hopefully *advertiser censored*

I do the same thing, only have time for a quickie read.

He would have been under this type of pressure for sure. I reckon that accident in the prado would have pushed him to the limit too, wondering how on earth they could afford to fix it.

and then the hairdresser ................

After I read your post I had to go find the report which mentioned the gloves found at Kholo...interesting the way it's written...

May 02, 2012 5:37AM

Yesterday, police found a mobile phone SIM card and a pair of gloves near where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found. But they said this afternoon that the SIM card was not related to the case

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-was-discovered/story-e6freon6-1226344523575

The SIM card was not related to the case...but not a mention of whether or not the gloves were related...hmmm...I'll keep looking to see if there were any further/later reports re the gloves.

I remember quite some while back that there had been mention of a public 'clean-up' day or weekend in the last few months in that area. So a pair of gloves and a drink bottle would not be unusual, maybe a volunteer left them there. I don't know any more than that, a local may be able to verify if there was such a thing. I know the SIM card was discounted fairly early on after its discovery, maybe the gloves/bottle as well?

Somebody said people drop stuff out of their cars on to the bridge all the time too, which is why a clean up is necessary. People can be such pigs :maddening: :banghead:

I think the Police would have gained a lot more info from GBC iPhone than has been declared so far. They are still trying to ascertain the degree to which others are involved and possibly give them a chance to request immunity in exchange for more information.

As careful as GBC may have been, did NBC turn off location services that night? The evidence of the FaceTime call may have come from the examination of NBC's phone!!

Despite what other's here have said, I firmly believe that NBC and poss EBC have been dragged into this whole darned mess unwittingly and now they don't know how to get out of it, without incriminating their son. If true, this would be such an awful dilemma for them to be in. JMO

As much as I love my children, I can equally appreciate how much other parents love their children. If they pulled me into something like this without my knowledge, on finding out the real situation, I would give them the ultimatum, either we go to the police now or I go to the police now.

I remember quite some while back that there had been mention of a public 'clean-up' day or weekend in the last few months in that area. So a pair of gloves and a drink bottle would not be unusual, maybe a volunteer left them there. I don't know any more than that, a local may be able to verify if there was such a thing. I know the SIM card was discounted fairly early on after its discovery, maybe the gloves/bottle as well?

Somebody said people drop stuff out of their cars on to the bridge all the time too, which is why a clean up is necessary. People can be such pigs :maddening: :banghead:

Hi all
My query regarding the 'pair' of gloves is just that...I can't keep a pair of socks in the same place and yet there was a 'pair' found. Surely with all the rain around that time a pair would've been separated from each other? Perhaps rubber kitchen gloves used to cover someone's airways?
Just a thought :)
Cheers

After I read your post I had to go find the report which mentioned the gloves found at Kholo...interesting the way it's written...

May 02, 2012 5:37AM

Yesterday, police found a mobile phone SIM card and a pair of gloves near where Mrs Baden-Clay's body was found. But they said this afternoon that the SIM card was not related to the case

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y-was-discovered/story-e6freon6-1226344523575

The SIM card was not related to the case...but not a mention of whether or not the gloves were related...hmmm...I'll keep looking to see if there were any further/later reports re the gloves.

Gives me an uneasy feeling that they can discount a SIM so soon. I would have thought it would require a detailed investigation since it was at a crime scene. The only scenario is that the SIM was never used nor registered in which case the SIM does mean nothing. However, if the SIM were ever used this ties someone to that bridge. Even if the SIM is no longer in use, they should at least be looking at the phone of the person who the sim was registered to, given the potential to find tracking information and calls. I really hope the police are not being myopic because if the defense can show they were only investigating leads which match their theory that GBC did the deed, then this can severely devalue the circumstantial case IMO.

As much as I love my children, I can equally appreciate how much other parents love their children. If they pulled me into something like this without my knowledge, on finding out the real situation, I would give them the ultimatum, either we go to the police now or I go to the police now.

Yes. Yes. Even....that is true....we support our kids...unconditionally...but murder....ummm...no...cause ultimately...it is bad, sick, evil etc...to help them get away with this....always, a parent must help kids (whatever age) face up to the (right) way of doing things.....regardless and even embracing the consequences......PS...I have sat in a jail cell (door open lol) with my youngest daughter....and encouraged her to speak the truth..hard, but it is our job.xxxx

Gives me an uneasy feeling that they can discount a SIM so soon. I would have thought it would require a detailed investigation since it was at a crime scene. The only scenario is that the SIM was never used nor registered in which case the SIM does mean nothing. However, if the SIM were ever used this ties someone to that bridge. Even if the SIM is no longer in use, they should at least be looking at the phone of the person who the sim was registered to, given the potential to find tracking information and calls. I really hope the police are not being myopic because if the defense can show they were only investigating leads which match their theory that GBC did the deed, then this can severely devalue the circumstantial case IMO.

I'm pretty sure they did all that. If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was an old pre-paid SIM that had been discarded. And it wasn't a micro-SIM like the ones used in an iPhone.

I also seem to recall reading or hearing that they'd tracked down the person who had bought the SIM and discarded it, and it was absolutely nothing to do with the case. I can't be 100% certain on that, but my memory is jiggling that info up to the surface. Anyone else remember hearing that?

I'm pretty sure they did all that. If my memory serves me correctly, I think it was an old pre-paid SIM that had been discarded. And it wasn't a micro-SIM like the ones used in an iPhone.

I also seem to recall reading or hearing that they'd tracked down the person who had bought the SIM and discarded it, and it was absolutely nothing to do with the case. I can't be 100% certain on that, but my memory is jiggling that info up to the surface. Anyone else remember hearing that?

Hi Doc,
thank you for your post.I can recall qps stating that the sim card was irrelevant but I dont recall hearing 'that they had tracked down the person who had bought the sim and discarded it'.Can you please verify this?
ty,
please post links

can't see that area being a "clean up" area for the day though. As for the pigs throwing rubbush out of car windows, yes that is possible.

Posting a link to today's Courier Mail and an excerpt from the article. It contains a phrase that I have not heard before, relating to the palm of a hand of GBC.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allisons-murder/story-e6freoof-1226412721085

He said: "The Crown's case at its highest" could be reduced to some scratches on Baden-Clay's face, which were shaving cuts, scratches on his torso, neck and palm of his hand and his mobile telephone being removed from the charger in the middle of night when he had apparently told police that he was asleep all night."

Mr Davis said the post-mortem examination found no cause of death and revealed the only injury was a chipped tooth.

Posting a link to today's Courier Mail and an excerpt from the article. It contains a phrase that I have not heard before, relating to the palm of a hand of GBC.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...-allisons-murder/story-e6freoof-1226412721085

He said: "The Crown's case at its highest" could be reduced to some scratches on Baden-Clay's face, which were shaving cuts, scratches on his torso, neck and palm of his hand and his mobile telephone being removed from the charger in the middle of night when he had apparently told police that he was asleep all night."

Mr Davis said the post-mortem examination found no cause of death and revealed the only injury was a chipped tooth.

Just had a flashback to a joke we used to play
FIrst sign of madness - hairs of the palms of your hand
(at which stage the people we were telling the joke too would look at their palms)
Second sign of madness - looking for them
Maybe Gerard was showing the Third sign of madness - shaving them!!

:hand::hand::hand:

Yes I do..then I find it sometimes doesn't make sense, so I jump back to the last page I read when last on, and try to catch up.sometimes its a daunting task when people have been busy posting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member