GUILTY MI - Carnel Chamberlain, 4, Mount Pleasant, 21 June 2012 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, well, well...now I can understand her not reacting to the abuse...she NEVER cared for or wanted him. He NEVER had a chance. If you never bonded with your child to begin with, you'll NEVER bond with your child...no matter how much pressure is put on you - by CPS, or courts, or family...

I'm not sticking up for JC but she could have been suffering from postpartum depression at that time. I know of people who gone through that soon after the birth of a child.

I'm not going to justify my views on this any more, except to say...it takes BALLS to raise a child in this day and age. My DS is my ONLY responsibility, DH, me, or whoever be damned. I was 36 and had a child with NO rearing experience...but I KNOW what is right and wrong, and have known since I was 7 or 8...and I come from an ABUSIVE household. Um, mom tried to kill dad and that is just ONE incident in my childhood.

Carnel...run with the angels...

ETA - And DS is 14 and protected by me...24/7.

SmoothOperator. You linked the wrong person. The perp in this case's last name is spelled Bennett. The FB you linked is an entirely different spelling.

Here is the FB link to the AB charged with assaulting Carnel:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001975755235&sk=wall#!/anthony.m.bennett.5
:blushing:..and this is exactly why I'm not a facebooker. lol.. I'm sorry for the trouble, cubby..I was holding my eyelids open with toothpicks from being up all night and having just seen hubby off to work early this morning, my apologies:blushing:

I disagree. AB's worrying has nothing to do with JC's awareness. AB's worrying has to do with his own awareness and his own understanding what he did was wrong.

If all these relatives warned her, why didn't any of them report this to CPS or whichever agency in their area handles child protective services? I don't believe anyone was aware AB was capable of killing a 4 year old.

Right now I simply do not have enough information to categorize JC in the same manner I do Stephanie Sloop.

JC is cooperating with police, she is providing information. I simply do not see how punishing her for cooperating is going to help not only justice in this case, but help to ensure this does not happen to other children. In this case, I see punishing JC as nothing more than a set back for young mothers and their children who are victims of domestic violence.

Now, if someone shows me evidence that mom left for work knowing her son was, say in the same condition as Ethan Stacy needing immediate medical attention, which she failed to get him, I have the right to change my mind. Something tells me, Carnel was not in desperate need of medical attention when mom left for work Thursday June 21st.

BBM....

Again....there has been NO EVIDENCE that AB was abusing JC. There are only internet opinions that suddenly seem to have morphed into a "fact" that is still unproven.

JC was able to descrlbe her son's injuries in detail, and she was talking about them in the context of AB being abusive to Carnel. I do not buy the idea that she did not really comprehend abuse. Being unwilling or unable to take action does not mean she had no concept of what was happening to her child. And I think AB was apprehensive about JC's reaction to seeing her son's injuries because JC knew very well exactly what it meant. Why would he be concerned if JC didn't realize her son was being abused? IMHO.. there's a possibility that there had already been some tension between them about his treatment of Carnel.

While I agree that others should have reported AB if they also saw signs of abuse....you cannot hold them responsible if you don't hold JC responsible as well.

As long as we excuse these parents from their essential responsibilities of protecting their children from harm, then this kind of tragedy will continue to spiral out of control. The frequency of these case involving young children is of grave concern to me.
We agree to punish parents who don't send their children to school regularly, and put them in jail....but want to make exceptions for those who allow abusers regular access to their defenseless little ones. That makes no sense.

Well, well, well...now I can understand her not reacting to the abuse...she NEVER cared for or wanted him. He NEVER had a chance. If you never bonded with your child to begin with, you'll NEVER bond with your child...no matter how much pressure is put on you - by CPS, or courts, or family...

Post Partum Depression can happen to any young mother. Perhaps she was treated for it and was able to make the turn around. IMHO

BBM....

Again....there has been NO EVIDENCE that AB was abusing JC. There are only internet opinions that suddenly seem to have morphed into a "fact" that is still unproven.

JC was able to descrlbe her son's injuries in detail, and she was talking about them in the context of AB being abusive to Carnel. I do not buy the idea that she did not really comprehend abuse. Being unwilling or unable to take action does not mean she had no concept of what was happening to her child. And I think AB was apprehensive about JC's reaction to seeing her son's injuries because JC knew very well exactly what it meant. Why would he be concerned if JC didn't realize her son was being abused? IMHO.. there's a possibility that there had already been some tension between them about his treatment of Carnel.

While I agree that others should have reported AB if they also saw signs of abuse....you cannot hold them responsible if you don't hold JC responsible as well.

As long as we excuse these parents from their essential responsibilities of protecting their children from harm, then this kind of tragedy will continue to spiral out of control. The frequency of these case involving young children is of grave concern to me.
We agree to punish parents who don't send their children to school regularly, and put them in jail....but want to make exceptions for those who allow abusers regular access to their defenseless little ones. That makes no sense.

BBM

There is also no evidence that says he wasn't abusing her. As has been mentioned by several on this thread, there are many forms of abuse. Also, as has been mentioned on this thread, there is a TOS that says Jaimee is a victim. "FACT"

Well, we are jumping sharks now. PPD and abuse? None of this is has been recorded or proven.

Well, we are jumping sharks now. PPD and abuse? None of this is has been recorded or proven.

Nor has it been proven that she wasn't a victim of abuse or that she didn't suffered PPD. Why so quick to hang her when we don't know all the facts and the TOS says she is a victim?

If Carnel was abused and murdered, both the child and his mom were victims of domestic abuse. [/B]One way to shut up a victim of abuse is for the abuser to threaten other family members. For example, there have been mothers and fathers who threatened to kill the kids if their spouses filed for divorce. Sometimes, the victim senses this even if it is not spoken. In many cases, the victim separates from the abuser anyway and is provided insufficient police protection that leads to the death of the victim and his/her children. I'm sure all of us could rattle off 10-20 cases where Mother X filed for divorce from Father Y only to have Father Y kill the whole family and shoot himself, too.

Certainly, we all wish Carnel's mother had made better choices. Certainly, we don't know the degree to which she was a victim of abuse. Certainly, she could bear some responsibility for what happened to her child. But it's all speculation at this point. Let's hold off on the lynching and wait for some facts while we observe the TOS and mourn this child's death.

BBM

I strongly disagree. There is also the possibility that mom agreed with the violent corporal punishment, and was not abused herself. In her appearance on NG she took ownership by saying " WE are training him to be a man."

Also, from an article posted upriver:

The records show in February 2008, about a month after he was born, Carnel was removed from his mother, Jaimee Chamberlin's care, because "she refused to provide care or custody for the baby."

Those records also outline a court proceeding in which Jaimee is described as 'defiant and belligerent' and that she "repeatedly indicated that she does not want Carnel and does not love him."

The ONLY victim I see here was Carnel. JMO

This was stated before in this thread..........where she said (my wording not the exact wording) that Carnel was her world, she talked of him every day, and had turned her life around..........

Apparently not. She watched with her own eyes as he was assaulted by her felon boyfriend. And he asked his mom for help, and she denied him.
Talking about him' to her co-workers is meaningless if she is going to give him over to an abusive violent felon every night.

I can not excuse the mother. She saw her son with a busted lip, swollen face, 6-8 inch bruise (get your rulers out) on his rib area, saw him being dropped and dragged into another room and she did NOTHING. Because she did nothing her sorry boyfriend went further and Carnel is dead.

I'm sure that child would be precious and beautiful... Just like Carnel. But I am also disgusted that this baby could go through the same thing. What if they can't charge him and he raises that baby?

Thank you JfC, I didn't mean to pop off at you, I re-read my post and hope you take it in the spirit it was intended.

The child will be precious, no doubt (if the rumor is true). I've been reading at KC's page, I think many eyes will be on JC going forward. Both family and social services.

No doubt in my mind Bennett will be charged and unavailable to parent any child for many, many years to come.

I can not excuse the mother. She saw her son with a busted lip, swollen face, 6-8 inch bruise (get your rulers out) on his rib area, saw him being dropped and dragged into another room and she did NOTHING. Because she did nothing her sorry boyfriend went further and Carnel is dead.

I couldn't agree more. While I do sympathize with the mother on some level if she was being abused as well, I cannot dismiss her failure to act and protect her own child. I just can't dismiss it on any level, no matter how much I want to.

All I'd like to say is, don't most mothers fight to the death to protect their young? :waitasec:

She knew what he did was wrong, or she wouldn't have mentioned it in such great detail.

My thought is he is a coward like so many bullies, only picking on those weaker to make himself out to be the big man. :maddening:

I just don't understand why women feel they're nothing without a man in their life and will accept such dangerous worthless creeps into their lives to avoid being alone?

What happened to all those strong independent women supposedly being raised? This isn't decades ago. Women work, get awesome jobs, but yet they STILL will put up with this crap! In some ways it's worse, ie supporting the man(using that term loosely) who is nothing but a user.

Where's the disconnect?

Has anyone read in msm when the autopsy wil be complete? Or about any evidence that was found?

Thought maybe we could discuss the timeline further.

- 3:45 pm, JC last sees Carnel watching cartoons in the home.

- 5:00-6:00 PM a construction worker smells something.

- 9:30 PM JC arrives home, Carnel is missing.

It seems that whatever Bennett did to Carnel happened soon after JC went to work.
icon9.gif

Carnel's mother, 21-year-old Jaimee Chamberlain, had admitted to taking two polygraph tests in connection to her son's disappearance.

That information comes on the heels of Tribal police announcing two days ago that the boyfriend, Anthony Bennett, is a "person of interest." Police said they asked Bennett to take a polygraph test and he turned the request down.

http://www.wnem.com/story/18896912/mom-of-missing-boy-4-says-shes-taken-polygraph-tests

Thought maybe we could discuss the timeline further.

- 3:45 pm, JC last sees Carnel watching cartoons in the home.

- 5:00-6:00 PM a construction worker smells something.

- 9:30 PM JC arrives home, Carnel is missing.

It seems that whatever Bennett did to Carnel happened soon after JC went to work.
icon9.gif

Don't forget about the workers saying they heard alot of yelling the Wednesday before. Do we know if JC worked that Wednesday? Could the yelling be from ab and jc arguing over the abuse of cc? Could Thursday have been payback for cc telling on ab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd