WESH: Caylee's Fund dissolved, Dr. Phil's 600K contribution

He is living off the blood money too, so he is just as complicit as Cindy..... he knows a percentage of it is keeping Casey in comfort. That is indirectly
condoning all she has done.

OH I totally agree which is why I would have respected him if he would have divorced Cindy long ago. Now..well not so much. He is in it for the money, I agree.

I always suspected that Dr. Phil interview with G&C was shady. By shady, I mean that they definitely got paid, and that my suspicions about Casey benefitting from it were true. I will never watch Dr. Phil again. Ever.

People apparently have her on their cover - The sad lonely life of Casey or something like that!

I'm sure not buying it. I will do my own little protest, every time I'm in line
and I see People magazines, I turn them in so no one can see the headlines.
Same with National Enquirer... doesn't do much but makes me feel one smidgeon better while I'm checking groceries out! :twocents:

The cover that's coming out this week is Tom and Katie's divorce.

What makes you think that the media is going to be sympathetic to Casey for the anniversary?

it will depends who is doing the stories/interviews, and who is being interviewed.

Anyone interviewing Jose Baez about his new book might get the sympathy card going, depending on what his book says. Depends on what questions are agreed to before hand. I can see some "reporters"? "coming around" to his side of things, I guess we'll see on his book promotional tour.

Also, look at what Piers Morgan ended up doing with Cheney Mason that night with his "impromptu"? interview, saying Casey seems to be "changing" or "seeing the err of her ways" or something along those lines.

IMO, MOO, etc.

He is living off the blood money too, so he is just as complicit as Cindy..... he knows a percentage of it is keeping Casey in comfort. That is indirectly
condoning all she has done.

but aren't there LAWS about using money donated for Charitable Corporations, that you have to actually use that donated money for the CHARITY?? at least SOME of it??? and NOT use it for whatever you want? Heck, EVERYONE would be doing that kind of thing..... wait, maybe everyone is, who knows? look at BringKidsHome and the Caylee Memorial that was supposed to be down in the swampland at the end of Hopespring Drive, whatever happened to THAT scam??

IMO, MOO, etc.

It sounds like that was supposed to be the cover story...but People's cover for this week (not out yet) is of Tom and Katie's divorce. Maybe it will be next week's cover, but I'll laugh if Casey got bumped to just being another article in the magazine.

According to Bob Kealing, Casey WAS supposed to be on the cover but *something* made People Mag change their minds. I missed that part of the story, as I had a meeting to go to....

Maybe Tom & Katie were bigger news - or maybe they got so many complaints ahead of time that they changed. Heh :rocker:

According to Bob Kealing, Casey WAS supposed to be on the cover but *something* made People Mag change their minds. I missed that part of the story, as I had a meeting to go to....

Maybe Tom & Katie were bigger news - or maybe they got so many complaints ahead of time that they changed. Heh :rocker:

Um, of course Tom and Katie's divorce is bigger news than the anniversary of Casey's acquittal. :waitasec: It's the biggest celebrity story in a long time. That will be on the cover of EVERY gossip magazine this week.

I doubt they got many (or any) complaints. There wasn't even a thread here about it, so how many people in the "general public" knew about it?

Oh, MM...it's so good to see you. <3

According tohttp://www.sunbiz.org , searching under the name Caylee...... CAYLEE'SFUND FOUNDATION, INC. (not a typo there is no space between the "s" and the "f", this was established on 7/19/11. On 7/25/11 an amendment was filed talking about how the funds should be handled. It's a four page document http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10391789.pdf

Can others read the amendment and tell me if you interpret that to read that they could have used the money as "reasonable compensation"? Also, read the part about what should happen to any remaining money that was left once they dissolved the entity.

Um, of course Tom and Katie's divorce is bigger news than the anniversary of Casey's acquittal. :waitasec: It's the biggest celebrity story in a long time. That will be on the cover of EVERY gossip magazine this week.

I doubt they got many (or any) complaints. There wasn't even a thread here about it, so how many people in the "general public" knew about it?

Yes, true. I haven't really had time to keep up with the case lately, so I wasn't sure if it was public knowledge that People was doing a major story on her.

SOOOOOOOO GLAD that she got bumped tho!!! I'll bet that made her..... MAD. heh
:rocker:

I really don't know much about the ins and outs of Dr. Phil, but I'm hoping against hope that he's got the kind of integrity he preaches about. I think he's got a team of brilliant, funny people that feed him the goodies, the lines that make us laugh and wonder and ponder, but I don't see him going so far as to do what some might think he's done here. I think he could be somewhat of a fool, and he may have been had by a very specifically scam-oriented group of people. The kind of people that walked with their heads held high right smack deliberately into the middle of a jungle full of hungry lions and said "I have no food here", while they secretly had poptarts in their knapsacks. I don't know. This is so confusing and so upsetting, and I hesitate to jump to any conclusions about who did or knew what, without knowing facts, because that's how rumors start, and, shoot, I'm just so upset about all this.

Gosh, I really hate things sometimes. Truly hate.

:maddening::maddening: I HAVE ONE THING TO SAY TO DR. PHIL (Yes, I am yelling but at him, not you guys!) :maddening::maddening:
THE BEST INDICATOR OF FUTURE BEHAVIOR IS PAST BEHAVIOR. .... PFFFT!

I really don't know much about the ins and outs of Dr. Phil, but I'm hoping against hope that he's got the kind of integrity he preaches about. I think he's got a team of brilliant, funny people that feed him the goodies, the lines that make us laugh and wonder and ponder, but I don't see him going so far as to do what some might think he's done here. I think he could be somewhat of a fool, and he may have been had by a very specifically scam-oriented group of people. The kind of people that walked with their heads held high right smack deliberately into the middle of a jungle full of hungry lions and said "I have no food here", while they secretly had poptarts in their knapsacks. I don't know. This is so confusing and so upsetting, and I hesitate to jump to any conclusions about who did or knew what, without knowing facts, because that's how rumors start, and, shoot, I'm just so upset about all this.

Gosh, I really hate things sometimes. Truly hate.

The only way I would believe Dr P wasn't fully aware that he was donating the $600,000 to a charity that the Anthonys themselves controlled, would be for him to publicly announce that he'd been duped.

So with the dissolution of the charity and the end of Casey's probabtion near, is the family planning on skeddadling out of here?

The only way I would believe Dr P wasn't fully aware that he was donating the $600,000 to a charity that the Anthonys themselves controlled, would be for him to publicly announce that he'd been duped.

Well according the paperwork filed, Mark Lippman was the incorporator of Caylee'sFund. So I guess that's how they will rationalize it.

He's also the only listed officer and listed as Manager.

According tohttp://www.sunbiz.org , searching under the name Caylee...... CAYLEE'SFUND FOUNDATION, INC. (not a typo there is no space between the "s" and the "f", this was established on 7/19/11. On 7/25/11 an amendment was filed talking about how the funds should be handled. It's a four page document http://www.sunbiz.org/pdf/10391789.pdf

Can others read the amendment and tell me if you interpret that to read that they could have used the money as "reasonable compensation"? Also, read the part about what should happen to any remaining money that was left once they dissolved the entity.

I highly doubt any legal authority would see $500K - or $250K, divided between G&C - as reasonable compensation for 2 newbies to the charitable world, with no track record behind them and no substantial activities even being done on behalf of the organization. Other than going on Dr. Phil and talking.

And it says "Any assets not disposed of (properly, my take) shall be disposed of by the Circuit Court in the county where the org is located."

MeThinks there should be a FULL and IMPARTIAL accounting of ALL of the funds this organization has had given to them - BY THE IRS.

My 2 cents.... :rocker:

You don't think they closed up shop and 'left town' because of any possible recriminations over something else that might rear it's ugly head? They might still hold passports. I don't like this, not one bit. Something is definately up. This barrage of info coming one on top of the other for the last 2 weeks or so. I guarantee the Dr P show got their phone lines tied up to beat the band and the emails are being sent fast and furious. I hope every media outlet gets on this toot sweet. Let's rock and roll.

New house somewhere, new bank accounts offshore - sure would all match the "word on the street" (IE rumor) that they aren't keeping the house all pristine and anally retentively groomed yard as in days gone by. Oh, including while searching for their 'missing granddaughter.'

:maddening::maddening:

:seeya: Hiya Muzik!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, true. I haven't really had time to keep up with the case lately, so I wasn't sure if it was public knowledge that People was doing a major story on her.

SOOOOOOOO GLAD that she got bumped tho!!! I'll bet that made her..... MAD. heh
:rocker:
From what I read, it says there's an article...so it may be a brilliant move on People's part. You're right...folks would boycott anything with Casey's face front and center...but, now think about it...they'll buy the magazine for TomKat news (and lots of them) and get this news out there as well. I'm not sure how People works, but I would think they'd want to stay in the good graces of some of the players. My biggest wish...that no article on Casey appears.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back