Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since it sounded like it was him I read thwr's posts at experience project. His stories there seem like they might all be true, and not only describe feeling schizoid, but having experienced abuse, alcoholism, and depression. The one thing that would be off is his age. Thwr lists himself as being about 10 years older than Luka.

One interesting comment I found that he made to a post there, was about Chinese men he worked with. The comment seemed out of keeping with the post; it was racist sounding (how they smacked their lips when they ate). Elsewhere he talked about having been a college student in Michigan and about celebrating the day before Halloween where he grew up. Could Luka have attended college for a while? And do Canadians celebrate the day before Halloween? He also repeatedly mentioned being married and having children, and seemed to be interested in women. He sprinkles his writing with references to serial killers at times, as if they are on his mind a lot. And there are a couple of groups he added that have to do with serial killers.

Scientific, I don't think you should give any credence or credibility to any statement that LRM makes online (and perhaps not offline either) without independent corroborating evidence.

There is absolutely no evidence that he ever went to college. Anywhere. But he's certainly lied about it many times before. I've seen him post in other places, saying "Luka Magnotta" has a "masters in bio-psychology" from Memorial University. In his various different Facebook accounts, he enlists different educational institutions as his "Education" on different profiles. Sometimes it's NYU. Sometimes Montreal. Sometimes Arizona. Sometimes CUNY. Sometimes UCLA, etc, etc.

He has countless delusional YouTube videos that suggest he's lost a "child", but we know he's never lost a child (and the videos are usually weirdly 90% inappropriate pictures of him despite supposedly a memorial to someone else). Countless videos that others have "lost" him, but these are usually just sock puppets.

LRM was always performing. I'm sure he figured For Great Justice would find his "thwr" profile via googling "Luka magnotta", and he was just adding more piles of disinformation to throw them off, be it college, his whereabouts, his identity, his family, etc, etc.

It was all a manipulative game for him.

Looks like his messages. He even mentions going to 4chan!
http://www.experienceproject.com/stories/Want-Justice-For-The-Kitten-Fed-To-A-Python/1927491
Interesting to see that he was the one who would start a thread naming the cat killer. This is such a sick behaviour, it makes me believe that the killing and cruelty in itself isn't the climax for him.... I think that to LM the reward part is all the negative attention he gets afterwards. His actions have no purpose without an audience feedback, to me I don't think he even likes to kill, but he kept doing because of the reaction he received from the outside world. jmo

I definitely agree that the animal cruelty and murder of JL were done in part to get negative attention. But IMO there are 100's of ways to get negative attention, and it is the method used that says something about that person's psychology. Something about killing appealed to him beyond the negative attention. Perhaps it was all the rage he harbored over his abuse history...he became the ultimate perp rather then deal with his victimization, the lack of fame he felt entitled to, the shear disgust at himself for leading the life of a human cockroach, the fear/angst he must have felt over his waning looks and aging out from his chosen "career", the upset over the unfairness of his (alledged) history of abuse, apparent lack of proper caregiving and not being raised as to enter adulthood successfully, and/or his seeming resentment towards victims/innocents/the disenfranchised which likely represented a painful amalgamation of himself and his unresolved issues.

I definitely agree that the animal cruelty and murder of JL were done in part to get negative attention. But IMO there are 100's of ways to get negative attention, and it is the method used that says something about that person's psychology. Something about killing appealed to him beyond the negative attention. Perhaps it was all the rage he harbored over his abuse history...he became the ultimate perp rather then deal with his victimization, the lack of fame he felt entitled to, the shear disgust at himself for leading the life of a human cockroach, the fear/angst he must have felt over his waning looks and aging out from his chosen "career", the upset over the unfairness of his (alledged) history of abuse, apparent lack of proper caregiving and not being raised as to enter adulthood successfully, and/or his seeming resentment towards victims/innocents/the disenfranchised which likely represented a painful amalgamation of himself and his unresolved issues.

Mozzmo, I agree he could be expressing subconscious rage over his failed life or failure to live up to his own delusional self image.

But could you please point me to evidence that he's had an "abuse history" ? I know of no credible evidence on point. And I certainly don't think we should treat as credible any of LRM's anonymous sock puppet ramblings on point.

There is a growing body of research suggesting that psychopathy may not be some kind of disorder, but actually a genetic adaptation; that is, people are born psychopaths, and exhibit psychopathic behaviour from a very early age, like torturing animals, petty crime, and early sexual experimentation. And psychopathy has survived in the broader population gene pool because, under certain circumstances, it provides some reproductive advantages (ie psychopaths are often sexually promiscuous).

See: http://www.mhcp-research.com/en9.htm

If this research proves true (though there is a lot of work to be done) we need not assume there was any "abuse" or "victimization" in LRM's past, that necessitated his current cruelty to animals and brutal murder. Though, of course, environmental factors could, indeed, aggravate or magnify psychopathic behaviour.

Mozzmo, I agree he could be expressing subconscious rage over his failed life or failure to live up to his own delusional self image.

But could you please point me to evidence that he's had an "abuse history" ? I know of no credible evidence on point. And I certainly don't think we should treat as credible any of LRM's anonymous sock puppet ramblings on point.

There is a growing body of research suggesting that psychopathy may not be some kind of disorder, but actually a genetic adaptation; that is, people are born psychopaths, and exhibit psychopathic behaviour from a very early age, like torturing animals, petty crime, and early sexual experimentation. And psychopathy has survived in the broader population gene pool because, under certain circumstances, it provides some reproductive advantages (ie psychopaths are often sexually promiscuous).

See: http://www.mhcp-research.com/en9.htm

If this research proves true (though there is a lot of work to be done) we need not assume there was any "abuse" or "victimization" in LRM's past, that necessitated his current cruelty to animals and brutal murder. Though, of course, environmental factors could, indeed, aggravate or magnify psychopathic behaviour.

Yes, I am aware that genetics may contribute to psychopathy. I don't have the link but have read one of the only quotes given by a family member of his, his aunt who suggested in her comments that LM comes from a very troubled past. Given his family has had nothing to do with him in years, its clear there is a schism of sorts....whether that be due to his own shananigans or to abusive parents I don't know...

There are also the interviews with his friend and his ex-girlfriend(s) saying various things like that his family had disowned Luka, that he'd been sexually abused by an older male in the family... The multiple sources would count as evidence for abuse by most people's standards, I think, but I can see why some people would prefer to discount the possibility of Luka having been abused since he doesn't inspire warm, cuddly feelings and made so many puppet accounts that people don't know what to make of him.

His thwr account has some interesting posts about not celebrating his birthday, not enjoying hugs, not wanting to be around people most of the time. Whether that sort of attitude began with abuse or stems from some innate sociopathic condition, it does seem to be authentic since it matches up with our guesses about him, i.e: that he would not enjoy intimacy.

Yes, I am aware that genetics may contribute to psychopathy. I don't have the link but have read one of the only quotes given by a family member of his, his aunt who suggested in her comments that LM comes from a very troubled past. Given his family has had nothing to do with him in years, its clear there is a schism of sorts....whether that be due to his own shananigans or to abusive parents I don't know...

There are also the interviews with his friend and his ex-girlfriend(s) saying various things like that his family had disowned Luka, that he'd been sexually abused by an older male in the family... The multiple sources would count as evidence for abuse by most people's standards, I think, but I can see why some people would prefer to discount the possibility of Luka having been abused though since he doesn't inspire warm, cuddly feelings and made so many puppet accounts that people don't know what to make of him.

Those friends and ex-girlfriends heard it from him though. Not from different sources. He is a liar!

Those friends and ex-girlfriends heard it from him though. Not from different sources. He is a liar!

This.

To me, credible third party evidence might be testimony from a family member who witnessed or has other evidence of the abuse, or perhaps a doctor who examined him contemporaneously, that is, at the time of any alleged abuse, and could thus speak to physical evidence of it.

Or perhaps a clinical psychologist who has examined LRM and has concluded that he is likely to have suffered some kind of abuse.

The statements of friends/acquaintances who are simply repeating hearsay, that is, repeating what LRM said to them, is just not credible evidence of abuse. Nor is it "independent" as it is not independent of LRM's claims. Using LRM claims of abuse in order to provide credibility to later LRM claims of abuse, begs the question.

Also, that same "ex-girlfriend" also said that LRM was a pathological liar and constantly manipulating people. It's not a stretch to see him weave a tale of childhood abuse, to garner sympathy and attention.

Again, until we see credible and independent evidence to corroborate any LRM claims, I think we should not accept them.

This.

To me, credible third party evidence might be testimony from a family member who witnessed or has other evidence of the abuse, or perhaps a doctor who examined him contemporaneously, that is, at the time of any alleged abuse, and could thus speak to physical evidence of it.

Or perhaps a clinical psychologist who has examined LRM and has concluded that he is likely to have suffered some kind of abuse.

The statements of friends/acquaintances who are simply repeating hearsay, that is, repeating what LRM said to them, is just not credible evidence of abuse. Nor is it "independent" as it is not independent of LRM's claims. Using LRM claims of abuse in order to provide credibility to later LRM claims of abuse, begs the question.

Also, that same "ex-girlfriend" also said that LRM was a pathological liar and constantly manipulating people. It's not a stretch to see him weave a tale of childhood abuse, to garner sympathy and attention.

Again, until we see credible and independent evidence to corroborate any LRM claims, I think we should not accept them.

The problem with child abuse, is that it is the "silent" abuse. So much shame is inflicted, that most children do not tell anyone, and often it isn't until well into adulthood, that the "secret" is divulged.
As for proof of abuse, other than the child's word, there usually isn't any, especially in a dysfunctional family.

Again, I will say that it is in no way, shape or form an excuse for *any* kind of behaviour, let alone one as heinous as LM's.

Let's face it, LM is a diagnostic pandora's box. Given the discussion about sociopathy, genetics and abuse, if I were assessing him I would certainly gather his reports of abuse and family member accounts and rule out the possibility of some foundational reactive attachment as a contributory problem to his adult criminology, personality disorders and/or mood disorders. His self-reports of not wanting affection/hugs as an adult corroborate something one of his dates said about him not wanting sex or to kiss. This could suggest a reactive attachment history.

The problem with child abuse, is that it is the "silent" abuse. So much shame is inflicted, that most children do not tell anyone, and often it isn't until well into adulthood, that the "secret" is divulged.
As for proof of abuse, other than the child's word, there usually isn't any, especially in a dysfunctional family.

Again, I will say that it is in no way, shape or form an excuse for *any* kind of behaviour, let alone one as heinous as LM's.

Agree with all of this; believe me, I'm not one to discount the testimony or claims of victims of abuse, children or otherwise.

However, LRM is a special case, given his pathological lying. I just feel with dealing with this kind of a person, you need find supporting evidence before any conclusions or assumptions of abuse are made.

There are also the interviews with his friend and his ex-girlfriend(s) saying various things like that his family had disowned Luka, that he'd been sexually abused by an older male in the family... The multiple sources would count as evidence for abuse by most people's standards, I think, but I can see why some people would prefer to discount the possibility of Luka having been abused since he doesn't inspire warm, cuddly feelings and made so many puppet accounts that people don't know what to make of him.

His thwr account has some interesting posts about not celebrating his birthday, not enjoying hugs, not wanting to be around people most of the time. Whether that sort of attitude began with abuse or stems from some innate sociopathic condition, it does seem to be authentic since it matches up with our guesses about him, i.e: that he would not enjoy intimacy.

It is critically important to note that those that have been interviewed only were in a friendship or relationship with Magnotta for a very brief period.

These people would not have the fully developed understanding of someone that is learned over time.

Therefore, consider the sources that are being portrayed as experts on Magnotta when in reality they are people who briefly knew him years ago.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

I agree that anything LM says is highly suspect and not to be believed without corroboration. A thorough assessment of him would include separate interviews with family members. The fact is that 60-70% of criminals come from a history of child abuse, in particular physical/sexual. Most of such criminals would also have pathological lying as a staple to their personality. The odds alone suggest he had a difficult childhood. I am not suggesting we should believe him at his word, I fully support corroboration from those who would know. I also think we have to look at factual statistics that indicate he likely had a bad childhood.

Hey there!

I'm brand new here and consider myself a bit of a true crime buff in my free time, but this case has, for lack of a better word, terrorized my mind since day one. It's just disturbing and bewildering on a level unlike anything I've ever heard of in my life. Anyways, I'm so impressed with all the sleuthing everyone has been doing here and I came across this video about a week ago and have been meaning to chime in. I've been trying to make my way through all the various threads here and I haven't seen anyone post this, but if it's already been discussed and dismissed, my apologies for wasting your time. Also if this is in the wrong thread, I'm sorry for that as well. I'm still trying to learn the ropes here. :)

It appears to be some guy who calls Luka's cell number while he's on the run in Europe, obviously to harass him. The pertinent part is between the 5:00 minute mark and the 6:15 ish mark. If you compare the voice who answers to the voice in the older Sun interview, it (to me) definitely sounds like him. Also, it might make sense for him to answer his cell phone since I am pretty sure he did have his phone on him in Europe for a couple days there until he knew he was being tracked and dumped the cell into the subway bin in Paris (I think?)

The voice who answers at first is the typical Luka "deep" voice which he said on his Cover Guy interview came from practice, but the second he is threatened by the caller, it changes to what I believe is his more natural, higher pitched voice. The reason I post this here is to possibly add a miniscule amount of insight into his psyche. He seems to flip into a bit of a rage at the flip of a switch. At any rate, I just thought it was creepy and would throw this out there.

The call:

[REUPLOADED] Calling Luka Magnotta's Alleged Phone Number - YouTube

The Sun interview:

Sun interviews Luka Magnotta - YouTube

I'm sorry for the super long introduction post here. I just wanted to share this strange clip. Keep up the awesome sleuthing! :seeya:

what's his thwr account?

Thank you I havn't seen that one before....I'll try to find it !

ok,I found it....that doesn't sound like him to me though?
I think the writing style is totally different?

<snipsnip>

IMHO, if LM really felt a personal grudge or hate against JL, he would have cut of his outer reproductive system part.

He was taking time away from his killing and dismembering of Jun Lin to impersonate one ex and rail against someone I personally believe to be another ex on rip-off reports. Although I do think Magnotta had a lot more going on than just holding a grudge, I see a strong retaliatory "type" of person in him. Very retaliatory.

About a grudge again - I haven't watched the kitten videos and I never will. But I do have a good sense of what a psychopath is capable of doing.

So......why would he have a grudge against kittens? Let's look at what kittens represent:

Kittens = loveable, innocent, helpless, pure, adorable, people cuddle them and truly love them, harmless, cute, ........ all things he is not. They are the exact opposite of the way he sees himself. He did write....."When you look in the mirror" (or something to that effect).

:moo:

Totally agree. He hates us and everything good we stand for.

lol. yeah, he's there as "thwr" or whatever. I've read enough of his online postings, that I can identify a LRM post among a bunch of anonymous ones. :)

Typical LRM: he implicates himself. And then offers some disinformation about his whereabouts, in order to throw off people pursuing him, while connecting him to other (in)famous people or things, in this case Homolka, I guess: "Luka is in Russia! But he married a serial killer years ago!!!"

I thought so, too, until I joined. He was visiting the site yesterday.

He was taking time away from his killing and dismembering of Jun Lin to impersonate one ex and rail against someone I personally believe to be another ex on rip-off reports. Although I do think Magnotta had a lot more going on than just holding a grudge, I see a strong retaliatory "type" of person in him. Very retaliatory.

I missed the rip-off reports stuff. Can you give a link? I'm fascinated by whatever he was doing during that time-frame. When killers can just go to work or similar and act completely normal, it shows an ability most people don't have (thank God).

I wonder if most psychopaths/sociopaths/anti-socials are quite retaliatory? My friend was... whoooo. And she toyed with people cruelly just for kicks, too, I learned eventually. If y'all have ever seen Pacific Heights, you get an idea of how bizarre it can be. Awesome movie.

(I can't say my exact relationship with that girl and her family. I'm afraid she could figure out who I am here if she ever stumbled across this and I give too much detail. I'm still afraid of her, to tell the truth.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member