***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope she is found and soon, either way...I can't imagine if he is charged and yet she is not found, like Sierra...

Reminder: If you can't link it, don't post it.

:what: I check Mickey's Thread many times each day.

Clearly something was up when today's thread jumped from Page 11 to Page 22 since my last viewing.

Praying for Mickey's family.

That is the first thing that came to my mind also, just didn't know if we could post it!!! They also stated that we would find out this week,....the girlfriend was talking. Anybody remember?????

I remember someone posting that they heard rumors that something would happen in a week, which would be this Thursday or Friday since she heard about it last Thursday or Friday.

Channel 3 had an interview with her sister and she seemed completely in the dark as to what was going on. She seemed to only know what we know.

If she knew more I doubt she would have given the interview.

Well, I hope to heaven the processing of the "crime scene" (per St Landry Parish sheriff) gives that family answers that lead to Mickey one way or another (preferably alive).

KATC will carry the press conference from the Lafayette Police Department live at 1:00 p.m., Friday afternoon. We'll also stream it on katc.com for those of you not able to be in front of a television.
from KATC's Facebook page via Twitter a moment ago

Someone else posted this also, but do we know if this was one of ACI's suspects? I really want him to get on WS and let us know. He may also have inside info for us.

It appears that he appealed his 2000 conviction all the way to the Louisiana Supreme Court, obviously after losing in the 13th Circuit Court of Appeals.

Was this the sexual assault conviction he was appealing? <modsnip>
BTW, hubby worked for another division of the same company BSL worked for....Wood Group. He never met the guy, doesn't recognize the picture, but I bet he will be getting an earful when he talks with former co-workers.

I remember.

He has a girlfriend!???? Hate to think what she has been thru. Thanks to her for talking!

Do we know for sure that she is the one who thankfully ratted him out?

No that's his info carried over from the previous page - he is an active sex offender (must report) and a tier 3 sex offender - that info is on each page - under warrants there is nothing. Each page gives the info on top and then there is a line and then more info - like vehicles (it gives his info) then a big line that says "vehicles" in the middle of the page and then lists them.

Same on the warrants tab - but there are no warrants listed under "warrants" in the middle of the page.

JMOO

Thanks!! I knew that didn't seem like it could be logical.

I think LE only mentioned bondo in reference to the hoopti?

The 'Presser' 5/29

@2:20

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9A5PVGhvBQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=140s"]Mickey Shunick: Lafayette Police Press Conference 5/29/12 - YouTube[/ame]

WE continue to receive tips over the line in in regards to the three vehicles, we have not yet identified the operators or occupants of those vehicles, and we would still like to talk to those individuals. we stress that they are not suspects in this case, but only persons of interest we'd like to speak with as a result of the valuable information they can supply to us in regards to uh finding out the path of Mickey who disappeared

Well that makes me where we're at current with the investigation

Where is the investigation from here?
Well STATE POLICE have (in)fortunately has put that bike as a priority,

so as soon as we can get the information on THAT, that'll put us in a certain direction, but also think we're looking at are are the vehicles still in the area following the leads currently uh pertaining to those particular vehicles and also other items of interest we can not currently not releasing at this time

We have been in contact with the POLICE DEPARTMENT in Bloomingdale uh, and I know a lot of people have asked us about their particular case a year or so ago, and our investigators are speaking with theirs and based off the fact we do not currently think the two cases are related.

I'll take any questions that y'all have pertaining to the case.

Reporter: Officer Mouton, can you reiterate What are people supposed to do? There are like a hundred of these trucks. Whaddaya do?

Offire MOuton: Well ya..an..yeah That's a very good point. If someone wants to call in information on a vehicle or a vehicle that they believe...um

We ask that you consider.. you know, Where did you see that vehicle, was it around the time frame, or was it in the area? Does that vehicle..does that vehicle frequent that particular

area where Mickey went missing? You know, all that would come into play
<Wind noise> because there are obviously a lot of ___ (old?) white Ford trucks. so uh with that

information..you know..make sure you have some story behind the truck, as to where you saw it, what what are the circumstances behind why you are reporting that truck or that vehicle.
The vehicles is... was rear right quarter panel damage, it's very obvious, so..and there's usually two or three vehicles of that type that are out there, but i would say that uh be..you know..be very specific in the information you provide for the tips line, because we are following up literally thousands of leads right now. we re having to priorities them as to the ones we feel most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member