Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Thanks Indro. The cross belongs you and everybody that is here.
Then me. When I asked for permission to do it I said that it was from all of us.

The reply was that Priscilla would be very happy.

You beautiful souls are making me cry.
I am so glad to hear that Priscilla likes and approves.
Thank to all involved x

Thank you very, very much. I just flew home from Victoria this morning...Still thawing out. You are so kind.:rocker:

Where there many other flowers there?

Looked for some artificial sunflowers in Vic that would tolerate the outdoors..none yet.

Just a few suggestions...Spotlight, Lincraft, craft stores or stores such as Crazy Clarks may stock artificial sunflowers.

Failing that, there's always good ole ebay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_...ificial+sunflowers+&_sacat=See-All-Categories

But why should I have to sell anything? I'm special. Did you know my grandfather was Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Scout Movement? I'm entitled to every cent you can give me for my son's defence, without putting in any money of my own. My son deserves the best defence, because, in case you didn't know, my grandfather was Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Scout Movement. Did I ever tell you that my grandfather was Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Scout Movement? Give me your money. End sarcasm.

....& then there's Gervas Clay...excerpts from...

A Servcie of Thanksgiving for Gervas's life

Memories – Written by Nigel Clay

Nigel's earliest memory is of being taken shooting in Kitwe, when he was about 3. Gervas shot a teal and then couldn’t find it. By luck, Nigel had marked it and found it! Gervas was so chuffed he gave Nigel a tickey when they got home. That was when the shooting bug infected him and Nigel has shared his father's love of shooting all his life!

Gervas was always there, but delegated to Nigel the task of looking after all the guns and ammo and the fishing tackle – Nigel was in his element!

http://www.spanglefish.com/gervasclay/index.asp?pageid=158939

Thank you very, very much. I just flew home from Victoria this morning...Still thawing out. You are so kind.:rocker:

Where there many other flowers there?

Looked for some artificial sunflowers in Vic that would tolerate the outdoors..none yet.
There are quite a few bunches scattered over the bridge....also some plastic sunflowers next to the cross. Another car had pulled in just before I did and had its hazard lights on, so I didn't hang around for long (they didn't get out of the car whilst I was there) it took a while to unfangle the dead sunflowers and I was trying to hurry because the other car was there waiting.........
I may visit Spotlight tomorrow for some plastic flowers.....

37,000+ replies and we have read them all (not including the posts that have been reposted as quotes and that you end up reading as well!).

Just HAD to join so I could be promoted from lurker to poster!

I have no expertise but have felt the compulsion to add my thoughts to the thousands here already to a case that has caught our hearts as a nation.

I don't know Allison but I am a mum of 2 primary school age kids and every night since her disappearance, discovery and subsequent arrest of her husband, I have held both my kids a bit tighter so they know how much I love them and how blessed I am to have them in my arms and in my life.

Like others here, my husband thinks my interest borders on obsessive and in part I agree. The clean washing now resembles Mt Washmore, the floors aren't quite so shiny, my university lectures are languishing on the desk and the dogs smell like, well.....dogs. I don't think it is a "car crash" mentality that we are experiencing, but more of OMG that could be me/my sister/my friend, such is the incidence of domestic anguish in our society where the family unit is more isolated from traditional norms.

My only contribution is that of agreement of others in that if I had disappeared my husband would be ringing me, my mum, my sister, me, my friends, me, work, me, hack into my Facebook, and then ring police, but the real police number, not 000! Also knowing kids and their lack of guile, my kids would have yabbered on about any unusual happenings. In addition my personal experience (from my husband having a particularly violent reaction from mixing alcohol and Pristiq) I felt frightened by what could happen so I took my kids and fled for the night to a friends. He had no recollection of his behaviour the next day - total blackout. IMO had Allison felt that things would escalate to physical violence she would have grabbed the kids and "run" - I think she was given NO warning at all and while there may have been a disagreement I feel that it would have been an explosive event that completely took her by surprise and that she would have been physically and emotionally overwhelmed thinking this can't be happening to me. IMOO.

thanks to all who contribute in an "intellectual" capacity and bless all those who contribute their emotions, deep thoughts and share their "unmentionables". We are so obsessed with keeping up appearances that it is quite often to the detriment of the ones keeping the bravest faces.

There are quite a few bunches scattered over the bridge....also some plastic sunflowers next to the cross. Another car had pulled in just before I did and had its hazard lights on, so I didn't hang around for long (they didn't get out of the car whilst I was there) it took a while to unfangle the dead sunflowers and I was trying to hurry because the other car was there waiting.........
I may visit Spotlight tomorrow for some plastic flowers.....

You are all beautiful to remember Allison in this way. The bridge must look very pretty with all the flowers...whether artificial or real, it's the thought that matters.

Allison never deserved to be treated the way she was and I wish she could have escaped before it was too late.

Her story is a lesson and a warning to all women. If we choose the wrong man we could wind up at the very least, broken-hearted...at the worst, dead. Please be careful who you fall for, ladies!
xo

37,000+ replies and we have read them all (not including the posts that have been reposted as quotes and that you end up reading as well!).

I have no expertise but have felt the compulsion to add my thoughts to the thousands here already to a case that has caught our hearts as a nation.

I don't know Allison but I am a mum of 2 primary school age kids and every night since her disappearance, discovery and subsequent arrest of her husband, I have held both my kids a bit tighter so they know how much I love them and how blessed I am to have them in my arms and in my life.

Like others here, my husband thinks my interest borders on obsessive and in part I agree. The clean washing now resembles Mt Washmore, the floors aren't quite so shiny, my university lectures are languishing on the desk and the dogs smell like, well.....dogs. I don't think it is a "car crash" mentality that we are experiencing, but more of OMG that could be me/my sister/my friend, such is the incidence of domestic anguish in our society where the family unit is more isolated from traditional norms.

My only contribution is that of agreement of others in that if I had disappeared my husband would be ringing me, my mum, my sister, me, my friends, me, work, me, hack into my Facebook, and then ring police, but the real police number, not 000! Also knowing kids and their lack of guile, my kids would have yabbered on about any unusual happenings. In addition my personal experience (from my husband having a particularly violent reaction from mixing alcohol and Pristiq) I felt frightened by what could happen so I took my kids and fled for the night to a friends. He had no recollection of his behaviour the next day - total blackout. IMO had Allison felt that things would escalate to physical violence she would have grabbed the kids and "run" - I think she was given NO warning at all and while there may have been a disagreement I feel that it would have been an explosive event that completely took her by surprise and that she would have been physically and emotionally overwhelmed thinking this can't be happening to me. IMOO.

thanks to all who contribute in an "intellectual" capacity and bless all those who contribute their emotions, deep thoughts and share their "unmentionables". We are so obsessed with keeping up appearances that it is quite often to the detriment of the ones keeping the bravest faces.

Welcome, MaxwellSmart. What a lovely post. Glad you have gone from lurker to poster.

The more people who can express their concern for what seems to be an epidemic - physical and emotional violence being inflicted behind the facade of 'the perfect family life' in our country, the more chance innocents will be protected and the perpetrators kept away. Well, that is my hope, anyway.:welcome4:

Welcome Maxwell!! Hope you feel right at home!!
I agree that Allison would never have left her kids and if she felt threatened would have thought of them first.
:welcome4:

Welcome, MaxwellSmart. What a lovely post. Glad you have gone from lurker to poster.

The more people who can express their concern for what seems to be an epidemic - physical and emotional violence being inflicted behind the facade of 'the perfect family life' in our country, the more chance innocents will be protected and the perpetrators kept away. Well, that is my hope, anyway.:welcome4:

Welcome MaxwellSmart.........you get your wings the first day here..:coffeews:

But why should I have to sell anything? I'm special. Did you know my grandfather was Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Scout Movement? I'm entitled to every cent you can give me for my son's defence, without putting in any money of my own. My son deserves the best defence, because, in case you didn't know, my grandfather was Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Scout Movement. Did I ever tell you that my grandfather was Lord Baden-Powell, founder of the Scout Movement? Give me your money. End sarcasm.

Ha ha Woof.
Lordy, Lordy Lord. You would think LBP would have taught his offspring how to deal with caterpillars, along with soap-on-a-rope. And one would think scouting would have taught GBC how to look for a missing person!

I see now the Girl Guides have wiped the Queen. What is the world coming to??? :maddening:

I admit to feeling distanced from my partner since Allison passed. In a sense I have been more sensitive to sisterhood (as a general term for my change of consciousness). I am going to have to do something special with my partner.

Just back from the bridge...I replaced the dead sunflowers on KeentoKnow's cross. I only bought 6, but it looks better with fresh ones.

Just went over the bridge - the flowers look beautiful indromum, thank you. And ktk the cross is so very special, such a lovely gesture and beautiful symbol.

With relation to the non-contact visit by NBC, this way the correctional services visit could be monitored/recorded for possible future use, whereas if it were a contact visit/face to face no recording could be made of any intimate conversation between NBC and GBC.

If the B-C seniors are involved then I would hope the police are watching them closely.

The reluctance on the part of the B-C seniors to speak to the police may be an indication that they may try, at all costs, to avoid having to give evidence at a trial. If they are involved I wouldn't be surprised if they try to flee the country.

MOO

If the B-C seniors are involved then I would hope the police are watching them closely.

The reluctance on the part of the B-C seniors to speak to the police may be an indication that they may try, at all costs, to avoid having to give evidence at a trial. If they are involved I wouldn't be surprised if they try to flee the country.

MOO

Im not convinced these guys could manage that with all the keystone shenanigans they've shown.

Thank you Brookster :tyou:
Thank you! Where were you when I spotted the Prado with SETTLED number plates and there was quite a kerfuffle with locals suggesting I was wrong.....lol
Sorry Mani....it's cocktail o'clock here and I was supposed to reply to Brookster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74