**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this, Jujercu.

A few thoughts corresponding to your points:

(5) I agree with your lighting observations, but I feel like he would have worked all night at the crime. The brighter lighting in the video coincides with external audio sounds, that sound like it's now morning, with cars driving to work and people talking. However, I believe he started the night before, and continued work-- including videotaping-- all the way until the next morning. He was on a tight timeline. He was flying out on the 26th. He still had to package and mail body parts, scrawl that plagiarized Manson quote on the wall, take out the garbage (including some body parts), take some body parts to that Park up the street, fully edit and splice in the video, upload the video to BestGore, do some more Internet trolling, and get ready for his flight on the 26th. .

I'm curious do you have an online source or link that associates Manson with that quote. I've studied him for years and never heard that exact quote prior to this case. I tried googling it but couldn't find a match. It certainly is a quote I can see associated with LRM, as that's his train of thought.

2)Also in the beginning ..he appears to be "stroking" JL in an almost loving way (the same way he does at first to the animals he kills) after he gets off JLs chest he reaches behind the pillow and pulls something out. I suspect it could be the murder weapon. This would make one think that he "hid" it there...which tells me MAYBE JL did get into bed and tied up willingly..why else would he have the weapons hidden. A few times after that you see him bending down and "stashing" what looks like some sort of black small case or something rolled up in black or dark cloth. The theory of the CL movie ad is sticking with me...this would make sense based on what we see in this part of the vid. I am IN NO WAY saying JL wanted this...just that the "how he got into the situation" issue may be answered with that. I say this because I too have hidden things from my hubby under the pillow that I broke out in the throws of passion (no not anything like ice picks or knives...but I am not gonna say there hasn't been fuzzy handcuffs ..or something even more risky under there)

I wrote on my first post that the above clip your'e talking about is most likely backwards/reverse.
If you watch that clip backwards you will see JL move, LRM goes down on the floor, LRM gets upp and puts something with a cord (angle grinder?) next to the bed. JL moves and LRM sits ontop of JL but at the same time he reaches for something next to the bed. Doesn't seem to be the cord-thing.
When he sits on JL it appears as if LRM is stroking JL on his chest.
The clip ends there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyRose
^^^ This. I think it's definitely possible LM thought he was being very clever by trying to confuse people. I also think he purposefully edited the video in a haphazard way to keep people talking/speculating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujercu
I agree...it was VERY haphazard and a few things appear to be out of sequence as well...odd...but not really for LM

IMHO, he’s just really **** at editing and probably didnt even notice the audio mistakes he was making, LOL

I’m starting to think the audio we can hear is not the audio that was recorded during the acts. He left the mic open while editing and that are the noises we can hear. There’s too much walking around and in my recollection of the video that doesnt match with the visuals. Except for maby the soft New Order version. I think that was important bec he wanted to stab JL in sync with the music of the song...

I watched again and listened closely, and you are right, there are in fact very often footsteps when LM is not moving.
My theory:
When editing a video, most programmes have an "audioline" in it, positioned on top or at the bottom of the "video line". That audioline shows also the time and it can be moved back and forth. When adding a song to the video editing programme, the initial audioline often moves back.
I dont know how to explain- I hope you can understand what I mean.
The audio of the background noises (the sneeze, the footsteps, etc.) could simply have moved but still be real. Just out sync.
That would explain the footsteps and the sneeze (cam not moving).
We would have to carefully note everything we see and everything we hear with time stamps - and then check if audio and video match at some point.

BTW: A post on here made me laugh ("I can hear an angle grinder! My neighbour must be dismembering someone!"), but then I felt bad instantly for laughing, considering the crime. Anyways, thanks! :D

I posted the audio timeline before, but here it is again.

New Order Song - Extended Version 05.37min

Audio:

00.00-05.44 Loud New Order song
01.19-06.56 Low New Order song

00.06-00.08 Touching camera/Mic
01.03-01.06 Touching camera/Mic
03.44-03.46 Touching camera/Mic
05.47 Touching camera/Mic
06.06-06.06 Walking around
06.10-06.19 Walking around
06.19 Hummar
06.23-06.27 Walking around

06.23-> Beeping sound

06.29 Dog barks
06.30 Moves and hits the dog?
06.31 Dog whimpers

06.55 -> Beeping sound is heard clearly

06.36 Touching camera/Mic
06.38-06.42 Walking around
06.45-06.53 Walking around
06.56-07.10 Walking around. Doing something..
07.12-07.14 Traffic
07.14-07.20 Walking around
07.25/26 Someone sneezes/coughs, far away
07.28 Again Someone sneezes/coughs, far away
07.29-07.49 Walking around
07.39 Sniffles
07.41/42 Someone shouts/talks, outside?
07.53-08.13 Walking around
08.16 Sniffles
08.20-09.03 Walking around. Doing something..
08.54-08.56 --> Strange sound, bird?
09.04-09.11 Car driving by
09.19 Sneeze
09.21 Sneeze
09.26-09.30 Touching camera/Mic
09.28-09.33 Walking around
09.37 --> Strange sound, a lighter? Inhalation? (Smoking?)
10.10-10.20 Cars drive past
10.20 Someone shouting/talking, outside?
10.23 Again Someone shouting/talking, outside?
10.24-10.26 Touching camera/Mic
10.29 Sniffles
10.32-10.33 Someone calls/talking (e.g "Yeah" ?) outside?
10.36 Sniffles
10.40 Turning sound of
10.41 End of Audio

2)Also in the beginning ..he appears to be "stroking" JL in an almost loving way (the same way he does at first to the animals he kills) after he gets off JLs chest he reaches behind the pillow and pulls something out. I suspect it could be the murder weapon. This would make one think that he "hid" it there...which tells me MAYBE JL did get into bed and tied up willingly..why else would he have the weapons hidden. A few times after that you see him bending down and "stashing" what looks like some sort of black small case or something rolled up in black or dark cloth. The theory of the CL movie ad is sticking with me...this would make sense based on what we see in this part of the vid. I am IN NO WAY saying JL wanted this...just that the "how he got into the situation" issue may be answered with that. I say this because I too have hidden things from my hubby under the pillow that I broke out in the throws of passion (no not anything like ice picks or knives...but I am not gonna say there hasn't been fuzzy handcuffs ..or something even more risky under there)

I wrote on my first post that the above clip your'e talking about is most likely backwards/reverse.
If you watch that clip backwards you will see JL move, LRM goes down on the floor, LRM gets upp and puts something with a cord (angle grinder?) next to the bed. JL moves and LRM sits ontop of JL but at the same time he reaches for something next to the bed. Doesn't seem to be the cord-thing.
When he sits on JL it appears as if LRM is stroking JL on his chest.
The clip ends there.

Wow..very interesting...not sure how to watch it backwards though :(

I'm curious do you have an online source or link that associates Manson with that quote. I've studied him for years and never heard that exact quote prior to this case. I tried googling it but couldn't find a match. It certainly is a quote I can see associated with LRM, as that's his train of thought.

Here is LRM's "mirror" quote that he scrawled on the wall of his apartment:

If you don't like the reflection, don't look in the mirror

Source: http://www2.macleans.ca/2012/06/11/the-new-face-of-evil/

LRM is saying that he is a reflection of society-- if we don't like what he has done, then we better not look in the mirror at ourselves.

This basically a copied/plagiarized paraphrase of Manson's famous notion (in his testimony at trial) that he is a "reflection" of society (" I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you").

Here are a few Manson quotes from his testimony in the Tate-LaBianca murder trial:

I can't judge any of you. I have no malice against you and no ribbons for you. But I think that it is high time that you all start looking at yourselves, and judging the lie that you live in.

I can't dislike you, but I will say this to you: you haven't got long before you are all going to kill yourselves, because you are all crazy. And you can project it back at me . . . but I am only what lives inside each and everyone of you.

My father is the jailhouse. My father is your system. . . I am only what you made me. I am only a reflection of you.

Source: http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/manson/mansontestimony-m.html

Same idea. I don't think LRM has ever had an original thought in his life, TBH.

Is it maby possible for someone to put the video on filedropper? I think if I download it my technologically challenged vintage IMac would be able to play it. Im a bit technologically challenged myself but think it might work. This mac just wont play videos in internet browsers... with the audio file it worked...

Now Im just making assumptions based on my recollection of the video.. which I dont like bec its probably distorted...

I haven't seen the video and that was my first time listening to the audio. I will never watch the vid, least of all because I won't let LM ruin my 80s music for me. :)

I'm no expert on electronics but the heart rate monitor theory creeps me out more than anything I've heard and I want to try to debunk it for my own sanity. First, any monitor that produces monitoring sounds would likely be hospital grade and out of LMs price range. Second, the sounds seems to take place long after JL is gone, so it makes no sense, well, unless he layered audio from the actual "event" in there to add a bit more horror for those who can figure it out. Third, the sound sounds to me as though it's coming from behind the camera, this could be coming from his computer. I guess he could have pulled up a wav file online of a heart monitor just to creep people out. This point also stands if he layered the sound in. To me the sound isn't close enough to J L to be coming from him.

I honestly haven't a clue if any of this is near right, just my thoughts.

To me, the most chilling part in finally hearing the audio is how calm it is. It's akin to "la la la, gotta dismember this then cut this and oh yea forgot to do this, gotta go back," like he was following cue cards. It was no louder or more emotional than when I'm baking muffins or cleaning. I expected it I guess but not really.

I haven't seen the video and that was my first time listening to the audio. I will never watch the vid, least of all because I won't let LM ruin my 80s music for me. :)

I'm no expert on electronics but the heart rate monitor theory creeps me out more than anything I've heard and I want to try to debunk it for my own sanity. First, any monitor that produces monitoring sounds would likely be hospital grade and out of LMs price range. Second, the sounds seems to take place long after JL is gone, so it makes no sense, well, unless he layered audio from the actual "event" in there to add a bit more horror for those who can figure it out. Third, the sound sounds to me as though it's coming from behind the camera, this could be coming from his computer. I guess he could have pulled up a wav file online of a heart monitor just to creep people out. This point also stands if he layered the sound in. To me the sound isn't close enough to J L to be coming from him.

To me, the most chilling part in finally hearing the audio is how calm it is. It's akin to "la la la, gotta dismember this then cut this and oh yea forgot to do this, gotta go back," like he was following cue cards. It was no louder or more emotional than when I'm baking muffins or cleaning. I expected it I guess but not really.

Considering you haven't seen the video, thats a good analysis. I share a lot of your positions, and i've studied the video in depth, like some of the others here.

Well, I might be starting to hear things that arent there... but to me it sounds as though you can hear the puppy make a noise at around 07:19, a k-eh (?) sound, at 7:28 an ‘euh’ sound and immediatly after LM gniffels/laughs for max 2 seconds.

There might be a difference in the audio quality on your sound system since others are hearing it as beeping, not hissing.

there you go: http://www.filedropper.com/lmsound-wlf

seems to me that there's a hissing noise throughout the whole video

edit: that hissing noise is the beeping you are referring to? It becomes faster sometimes and is pulsating, it's even there at the very start of the video before the New Order (loud version) begins.

That is a relief to hear that it was probably just interference. Thank you for clearing this up.

Yes they are quick stills of it...not sure why he didn't film it.

Further notes on the beeping noise throughout the video...I think it's some sort of electronic static or interference. I noticed something similar when I was filming my dog in a seemingly quiet room...but had computers and tvs on in other rooms...it still ended up with almost a heart monitor sounding beeping..wasn't consistent sounding...like the beeping in the killvid...JMO

I didn't mean to further disturb people with my comparison to a heart rate monitor! lol. I'm fairly certain LM didn't in fact have a monitor - I was just trying to liken the sound to something, and a heart rate monitor was the first thing that came to mind. I'm leaning toward the sound being some kind of feedback.

The calmness of it all creeps me out too. Especially the very "human" things like sneezing and sniffles. I found myself shocked by the fact that he sneezed! (as if this "monster" wouldn't sneeze like the rest of the world...) It's just so normal that it seems grotesque in that setting.

I have read about heart rate monitors. Apparently, there are really small ones, smaller than a hand. And they sound like the ones in a hospital. I think you can by those on different sites. There is also heart rate monitors that look like a watch but I don't think they beep.
The best match I have right now, from listening to different beeps, is that it sounds like a smoke alarm.

Well, I might be starting to hear things that arent there... but to me it sounds as though you can hear the puppy make a noise at around 07:19, a k-eh (?) sound, at 7:28 an ‘euh’ sound and immediatly after LM gniffels/laughs for max 2 seconds.

I have added your note "07.19" to the audio timeline.
This is the same sound at 08.54-08.56 that I noted as "--> Strange sound, bird?"

At 07.28 I am pretty sure that it's someone else sneezing twice, inside or outside the building but not in LRM's apartment.

This may have been mentioned before, but there are tons of heart rate wavs on the internet that he could have had looping.

When a person is hemorrhaging severely, the heart rate speeds up. Therefore, if the beeping was an actual heart monitor of a person hemorrhaging, IMO it would be odd to have the heart rate speed up, slow down, then speed up again as it does throughout the audio.

I actually get palpitations listening to the audio, but if anyone else has listened to it numerous times, can you tell if there is a pattern that might indicate repeated looping of audio?

ETA: What is "Hummar" at 6:19?

There might be a difference in the audio quality on your sound system since others are hearing it as beeping, not hissing.

I meant it's a constant beep which sometimes changes to several, becoming faster (at 6.55min) and even pulsating a little bit, English isn't my first language. I guess what I am trying to say is: it never stops, just changes.

almost like beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep-beep-beep-beep-beeep-bebebebebebeep-beeep-beeeeeeeeeeeeep-.... ;)

And there is a slight hissing in the background too, but that is just due to the audio quality, hence it's nothing special. I use Audio Monitors, which produce an almost perfectly clear sound

This may have been mentioned before, but there are tons of heart rate wavs on the internet that he could have had looping.

When a person is hemorrhaging severely, the heart rate speeds up. Therefore, if the beeping was an actual heart monitor of a person hemorrhaging, IMO it would be odd to have the heart rate speed up, slow down, then speed up again as it does throughout the audio.

I actually get palpitations listening to the audio, but if anyone else has listened to it numerous times, can you tell if there is a pattern that might indicate repeated looping of audio?

ETA: What is "Hummar" at 6:19?

Sorry, it should be "Humming". Like when you listen to a song you like, you go "Hm hm hmmm".
IF it is a humming he seemed to be in a good mood.. =/
The audio might have been after, during or before the crime.
I think it's while editing (After the crime) so the humming is creepy..

(Of course it's before, during or after!)

I meant it's a constant beep which sometimes changes to several, becoming faster (at 6.55min) and even pulsating a little bit, English isn't my first language. I guess what I am trying to say is: it never stops, just changes.

almost like beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep-beep-beep-beep-beeep-bebebebebebeep-beeep-beeeeeeeeeeeeep-.... ;)

And there is a slight hissing in the background too, but that is just due to the audio quality, hence it's nothing special. I use Audio Monitors, which produce an almost perfectly clear sound

What do you mean with "Audio Monitors"? What is that? Is it a visualization meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288