LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that his license and registration are not "flagged" in some way.
1. He files a report about about stolen truck to LE
2. he files a claim to insurance co.

I just don't understand that with all the data bases, nothing is flagged.
No red flags? Unless they knew something and he went offshore and they just had to wait.

10+ years ago I got my first speeding ticket in FL. (been driving for 43 years with clean record btw 43 mph in 30 zone)) I paid the ticket. 6 months later in NY, I got pulled over locally for stop sign. Cop said there was warrant for my arrest. Seems FL never cleared it. I had to go to court, produced receipts and all charges were dropped-nothing on my license.

:rant:

Revenue$, as opposed to expenditure$? just a guess..

they probably know and just aren't releasing it like all the other details. why release it when only BSL knows, that could be useful info to get from him if he talks

That could be. So far they seem to have known an awful lot. I just didn't see his statement to be as definitive as people have taken it to be. More of an assumption or a 'we'll name a broad area so that we don't have to giveaway an important part of the investigation'.

This is just my opinion....no offense will be taken if I am off base.
Your last statement really got my attention, since we have all been under the impression that BSL was incarcerated from 2000 until 2008. However, even BSL classified himself as a State of LA mechanic during much of that time. This begs the question, was he on some sort of work-release that could allow him freedom to commit these horrible Jennings murders?

Was the much discussed and highly suspected Jennings LE coverup related to the idea that one of their own was being suspected, or the realization that one of their own state prisoner's could be the perp and the embarrassment that would cause was the reason the investigation got no where?

Even though they are work released they are closely being monitored. They are sent to work and back to prison.

New to this case.

Just wondering what the consensus is on the following:

It has been said that Mickey's bike had evidence that it had been hit by the truck. Do people feel like:

1. The hit was an accident, but Mickey got hurt, and BSL tried to "cover his tracks."
2. Again, the hit was an accident, but BSL took advantage of the situation and assaulted and then hurt Mickey.
3. BSL hit Mickey on purpose knowing exactly what he wanted to do with her.

Just wondering!

#3 is the likeliest. They said in the presser they believe he was on the prowl, meaning they most likely have video of him circling around the neighborhood repeatedly. If it was an accident, that just seems like too much bad luck. Equivalent to being struck by lighting. First youre hit by a vehicle, then the driver turns out to be a sex offender fire bug, then he also decides to take you. I dont think so. I think it's as LE stated. He was on the prowl and came across her. Simply the wrong place at the wrong time

I am not talking in riddles.

As per this request by SoSueMe:

Originally Posted by SoSueMe
Please read post #2. We are NOT discussing the man from NC from this point on unless we have good reason to go there. Any future discussion of PS, the man from NC will result in timeouts.

We also do not allow the discussion of psychics on Websleuths.

Well, there you go - it was a riddle to me. I had no idea what your allusion was to, and so now you say it's about a guy from NC. I would have had to use my psychic powers to understand your comment, and that's not allowed, either ;-)

New to this case.

Just wondering what the consensus is on the following:

It has been said that Mickey's bike had evidence that it had been hit by the truck. Do people feel like:

1. The hit was an accident, but Mickey got hurt, and BSL tried to "cover his tracks."
2. Again, the hit was an accident, but BSL took advantage of the situation and assaulted and then hurt Mickey.
3. BSL hit Mickey on purpose knowing exactly what he wanted to do with her.

Just wondering!

Even LPD stated that they think he was cruising for victims on that particular night.

Many newer vehicles- the last few years- have GPS built into the vehicles. If it wasn't cameras that caught him at WB, then either someone saw him there or LE tracked GPS with Onstar.

Could the traffic camera have captured his presence at WB?

I know that some have said that these camera are not recorded, I'm not sure that's accurate.

Did LE ever say exactly what day BSL was observed at WB? What I heard was that he was seen there near the time of the bike's discovery. That puts him at WB later that May 19th, right?

I'm not going to rule out that his work may have taken him to the Gulf lined towns of Texas, on the coast. So maybe that put him in the general area. But being an offshoresman, it's really unlikely that his work would take him to North East Houston, to the Sam Houston National Forest area.

What really freaks me out about this is that this guy obviously has knowledge of some pretty desolate areas/areas easy to dispose of things. First the Whiskey Bay Bridge/the Atchafalaya Swamp. Now the woodsy and sparsley populated Sam Houston National Forest area.

I really doubt Mickey was the only one. However, that being said, she may be...his truck didn't get burned and abandoned until now, afterall.
There are thick woods and a bayou behind his home. He used to live in Dayton, Texas which is in Liberty County. He is probably familiar with places in and around Houston. Harris County and Liberty County are next to one another.

Well, there you go - it was a riddle to me. I had no idea what your allusion was to, and so now you say it's about a guy from NC. I would have had to use my psychic powers to understand your comment, and that's not allowed, either ;-)

No, I am stating that much of what happened to Mickey could of happened within blocks.

The bump and grab in one spot.

The purpose in another spot close by.

It did not have to be 30, 60, 90, 200 miles away. It for the most part could of taken place within a very small area.

Except for the disposal which I believe was to divert attention.

What I am stating is very easy to understand.

It happens... Back in 1974, my great aunt and uncle were robbed, tied up in their home, shot and their home burned down with them in it, near Franklinton, LA, admittedly by a man who, at the time was imprisoned for other very serious violent offenses. The kicker is that the guy was let out due to a clerical error, for a weekend furlough, when the crime was committed. Despite the admission, which he later recanted, and the testimony of others whom he also confessed to, along with the testimony of the man who survived the attack, who just happened to walk in on the attack when it happened (feed delivery man for my relatives' dairy farm), the State never charged the perp with the crime. He spent the rest of his life in prison, until he died of cancer. He was denied parole several times, and after he became ill, was turned down at 2 clemency hearings.

Sorry so OT.

courtneyb, very sorry about your aunt & uncle...

Ecellent post.. I was wondering if prisoners in LA earned furloughs. Due to BSL's job & trustee status as a mechanic for the State of LA Dept of Corrections. Was he allowed outside the confines of prison?

While following the Holly Bobo investigation in TN, there was a report where the Drug Task force used prison labor to move to another location. The cons were allowed in their evidence room without guards. They cleaned it out of drugs & gold coins, etc(Cheech & Chong). The Drug Task allowed them to wear Task Force jackets to drive their Harley Davidson motorcycles to the new locations, unmonitored..
"Ya just can't make this stuff up"!

Link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2pXxHW1DHs"]"Cheech and Chong" Original.Trailer[1978] - YouTube[/ame]

BBM: Oh boy, that is 'red flag' behavior. If you know...Any idea who caught him digging up graves and playing with skulls? Was it at a cemetery? Did he get in any trouble for it?
I hate to say this...but I am not sure he disposed of Mickey's body in a "normal" dump the remains kind of way. I am worried he did something much much worse ...and I hate to type this...but perhaps cannibalism.

I pretty sure he got in trouble but it would have been when he was a juvenile. Aren't juvenile records not available because of their age? And aren't they sort of "erased" when they become an adult?

Could the traffic camera have captured his presence at WB?

I know that some have said that these camera are not recorded, I'm not sure that's accurate.

Did LE ever say exactly what day BSL was observed at WB? What I heard was that he was seen there near the time of the bike's discovery. That puts him at WB later that May 19th, right?

I'll have to reread the the press conference transcript but I'm pretty sure it was said that they had placed him at WB around the time that the bike was found. That tells me, if no one misspoke, that he would have been there around May 24th, 25th or 26th because people found the bike on the 25th and LE reported it being found on the 26th. I lean toward his onstar or GPS having him at WB on the 25th. IMO, LE went out to WB on the 26th to look for more evidence and that's when they found the hand grips.
There is some question about whether he reported his truck stolen on the
21st or the 31st. IMO, it was the 31st because until police released pics of his truck on the 25th and why would he destroy his truck if he thought he was safe. Just saw KATC has it reported being burnt on the 31st.

No, I am stating that much of what happened to Mickey could of happened within blocks.

The bump and grab in one spot.

The purpose in another spot close by.

It did not have to be 30, 60, 90, 200 miles away. It for the most part could of taken place within a very small area.

Except for the disposal which I believe was to divert attention.

What I am stating is very easy to understand.

We know that in a completely separate case recently in NC, the perp (who has since been arrested and is NOT the same perp as in Mickey's case) bumped a girl on a bike with his SUV, she was not injured too badly but her bike was, and she agreed to take a ride from him to get home (all of this could have happened the same way with Mickey, IMO) and then the perp tried to rape her once she was in his SUV, which was in a secluded area near or where the bump happened (this also could have happened to Mickey). I think what allusuonz is trying to say is that we know from the NC case that a large vehicle can be used to bump a bike and hurt the bike but not hurt the rider that much, if done "correctly" and that the perp, after the rider willingly accepts a ride from him after he apologizes or somehow gets her into his vehicle, can sexually assault and or kill the bike rider in his car if it's in a secluded enough spot (as the area by the hospital and by St. Landry extension/coliseum are). I think that's what she's/he's trying to say, correct me if I'm wrong, allusonz....

And I know we were told not to sleuth the suspect in the NC in Mickey's case but I think it's okay to make comparissons as to how Mickey possibly could have been taken by BSL by looking at how the girl in NC was bumped on her bike by a vehicle, willingly got in the vehicle with the driver, and then escaped an attempted rape by a different man (not BSL) to show how relatively easy this scenario seems to be for a predator and as a likely way BSL was able to take Mickey & where her murder may have occurred (although I think he would have wanted more time with her than just a few minutes and would have taken her somewhere else...but I hope for Mickey's sake everything happened around St Landry and in those few brief minutes before we see the DWT again on the camera by Circle K turning on to University. I hope it was just a few minutes and not longer and not a ton of time where she was restrained in the truck while he drove her to a second location to assault her. How terrifying).

OnStar is owned by GM and built into virtually all of their models now. I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado and even back in 2008 I could not buy a GM truck without it. And, I had no choice but to take the "free" 6-months trial service also.

I refused to renew my "free" service when the 6-month trial period was over. One day while pulling out of my work parking lot they switched on the speaker in my car and asked me over the loud speaker why I didn't renew. Scared the crap out of me. After I wet my pants I got good and PO'd. Makes me wonder if they actually listen in on peoples' conversations if they want to.

As others have said, they have admitted they track you and your vehicle info after your subscription is over. Their main customers for the data: insurance companies. There's supposed to be no "personally idenifiable data" handed over.

Onstar can be diabled, either partially or fully. Here's a how-to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMlhs_-PaHk Note that if the power supply is simply disconnected it still continues to work until the internal rechargeable battery is drained. This was added to foil car theives who cut the car battery cable(s) to eliminate tracking and stole the cars.

I don't like that. On my two newer cars there is no OnStar or GPS tracker. I asked. Not that it matters but I value my privacy. No one needs to know where I am. And I have heard that insurance companies can check your average speeds electronically and raise your rates!

I keep the GPS on my phone on all the time in case someone gets me!! By the way, it does keep track of my movements. I can look myself up on the Windows Phone website. There is a google app that does the same thing.

Is there anyone who can firm up BSL’s work/off-work calendar?

?May 9 - May 22 - Onshore (*MS disappeared May 19, *BSL WT reported stolen May 21 in TX)
?May 23 - June 5 - Offshore working
?June 6 - June 19 - Onshore (*June 14 Dealership employee calls LA LE re suspicious BSL DL.)
?June 20 - July 4 - Offshore working
*July 5 - pulled over and arrested at I-10 & 1-49

the advertiser has the arrest report on their sight from 1999, but i'm not a subscriber, so i can't view it. would the arrest report have details of the crime? it says, warning content is graphic in nature, but then i get prodded to subscribe:maddening:

Clear your cookies. Then try again.

It's worked for me every time.

#3 is the likeliest. They said in the presser they believe he was on the prowl, meaning they most likely have video of him circling around the neighborhood repeatedly. If it was an accident, that just seems like too much bad luck. Equivalent to being struck by lighting. First youre hit by a vehicle, then the driver turns out to be a sex offender fire bug, then he also decides to take you. I dont think so. I think it's as LE stated. He was on the prowl and came across her. Simply the wrong place at the wrong time

'Stranger sexual predator-crime of opportunity' - "The Silent Epidemic happening across America"...obvious from day one...

'The true War on Women'!...

Well, you're still talking in riddles. I have no idea what your comment means.

What am I missing?

I asked the same question earlier.
Was he on a work/study program while incarcerated?

He's got ba**s to post that on his linked in profile, IMO.
Delusional?????
:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members