Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully snipped. Ohhh bingo! It could be a fake passport then.

BJSLEUTH. I recall some mention of '...enquiries into obtaining fake passports...' around the time of the Bail Hearing. Also that children had new passports or had been renewed. Both these rumours were posted somewhere on this forum around the time of the Bail Hearing. My honest opinion, not fact.
May be the queen of links, MARLYWINGS, might be able to find link.

In photo number 2 ....Is it possible that Allison could have been carried to where the drop is, put down on the ground and then pushed from there ( as in rolled) to the position she was in when found?? Sorry if it's a stupid question but that's just a thought that i had seeing that photo

Angel there are no stupid questions that you have ever asked! IMO

The bridge (from the road) has a kerb and two rails but the space from the top of the kerb to the bottom of the middle rail is at least 450mm (18 inches) and IMO you could easily slide a body through.

However, I do not believe that is what happened MOO.

My reasons are - if the body was dropped from the top of the bridge deck to the spot where it was found, a distance of over 6 metres (20 feet), the body would have had some bone fractures/injury to it. MOO
The other reason is that the place that Allison was found is only visible at low tide. For our American friends - the Brisbane River is tidal and this creek goes up and down at the same rate as the river.

Hence, if the body was placed/dropped at the spot where it was found, it would have had to have been done at low tide for it to have fallen on dry land but when the river rose with the tide (twice a day) the body would be washed away. IMO

I hope this makes sense

Here are some more from the southern bank (which is the bank nearest the Brisbane River).

In the photo called view down northern bank very steep - you can see four main pylons.

The two in the background have their pile cap visible (it is the concrete block/base at the bottom of the pylons), they are mid stream, however you will notice that the two pylons in the foreground have their base underwater.

When we saw the photos that the media published, you can clearly see the concrete base of the pylons in the foreground is visible/above water line. Hence, there was more mud and more of the bank visible than today.IMO

Thanks Mani and all the other beautiful people that went today. The picture of the cross bought tears to my eyes, for what it stands for and for her daughters' and the Dickie's loss. It also reminded me that it was a little bit of all of us at that sad place. :tyou:

May I just say that some gorgeous brightly coloured dried sunflowers were added to the ones on the cross today and it looks stunning. I don't want to be stealing the thunder of the member who did this either as it is her story to tell................

Yay I did it :woohoo:

:goldcrown:

Angel there are no stupid questions that you have ever asked! IMO

The bridge (from the road) has a kerb and two rails but the space from the top of the kerb to the bottom of the middle rail is at least 450mm (18 inches) and IMO you could easily slide a body through.

However, I do not believe that is what happened MOO.

Thankyou Mani

I was going to put my story on here but when i click on that link i'm not sure which thread to go too. Can you please let me know if you wouldn't mind?? Thankyou :)

Angel if you want to put your story on here go right ahead. Most of us have and it probably is very cathartic for you as well as for others.

In an earlier post, threads back, I posted that it was my belief that they were looking for blood and using luminol to detect the blood. Shows up in the dark - hence the lights on and off and the torches. Think that was the day of the arrest, 13 June, but not positive.

Yes you could be right. That was the first thought I had and yes, it was the day of the arrest.

MANI the clothing seen in pic 4 of 4 does that mean something?

It's not clothing Fuskier - it is some sort of cloth on the bank and there were two pieces and they are very large. One was bigger than the other but they are in a cleared section of the bank and it is steep.

I would guesstimate that the dark piece is 1.5metres x 2 metres and the lighter one is about 2.5 x 3 metres.

This may have been placed by QPS to give them a clean area to work on?? IMO

However, if that is the case, I am surprised that it is still there as they could be washed into the river on heavy rains and be dangerous to the environment.

So I am not sure if QPS have left them there, as that doesn't feel right to me. MOO etc

BJSLEUTH. I recall some mention of '...enquiries into obtaining fake passports...' around the time of the Bail Hearing. Also that children' passports had been renewed. Both these rumours were posted somewhere on this forum around the time of the Bail Hearing. My honest opinion, not fact.
May be the queen of links, MARLYWINGS, might be able to find link.

That's interesting Fuskier and wouldn't surprise me at all.

It's not clothing Fuskier - it is some sort of cloth on the bank and there were two pieces and they are very large. One was bigger than the other but they are in a cleared section of the bank and it is steep.

I would guesstimate that the dark piece is 1.5metres x 2 metres and the lighter one is about 2.5 x 3 metres.

This may have been placed by QPS to give them a clean area to work on?? IMO

However, if that is the case, I am surprised that it is still there as they could be washed into the river on heavy rains and be dangerous to the environment.

So I am not sure if QPS have left them there, as that doesn't feel right to me. MOO etc

They werent there two weeks ago. Could be helping something germinate? Council Gardner work?

I'd wonder if scientific police would be necessary just to find a passport though.

From the same link I posted:

"Several police cars, including scientific police and detectives from State Crime Operation Command's Homicide Squad, have arrived at the Baden-Clay family home on Brookfield Rd.

Police have moved the media away before several cars arrived at 6.25pm."

I think it's more than that. JMO

It may be that forensic tests had come back within the last day or two prior to GBC's arrest and QPS needed to tally something in or around the house with these tests. The thing is, they would have needed to apply to a Supreme Court judge for a warrant to attend the house again. They can't just rock up without a warrant in hand. Applying for and the granting of a search warrant does take a bit of time.

From the CM article it seems that police were searching both upstairs in the house and downstairs within the carport and the grounds.

Were they searching for a weapon? I recall Hawkins making a reference to a weapon not long ago. I'll see if I can find that post.

In an earlier post, threads back, I posted that it was my belief that they were looking for blood and using luminol to detect the blood. Shows up in the dark - hence the lights on and off and the torches. Think that was the day of the arrest, 13 June, but not positive.

I think this luminol testing would have been amongst the very first things forensics would have done when the house was a crime scene....probably that Friday night 20th April....more chance then of detecting it rather than leaving it until 13th June.

These photos are taken of the northern side of the bank i.e. they are on the right hand side of the bridge as you are facing Mt Crosby.

In one of the photos you can see roof tiles, which one member remembers seeing in one of the photos taken at the time the body was found and published by the media.

It is quite a drop from the concrete pile cap on the bank down to the mud.

These photos were taken during high tide.

The bank flattens out under the bridge and it is quite steep at the northern end near the large tree.

Mani, what are the cloths on the ground in the third photo. And in the final photo there is a slab with numbers on it. Do you know what that is? Thanks

Thanks Mani and all the other beautiful people that went today. The picture of the cross bought tears to my eyes, for what it stands for and for her daughters' and the Dickie's loss. It also reminded me that it was a little bit of all of us at that sad place. :tyou:

You are welcome Rational - we thought of you guys today as we were there placing flowers, especially those that can't get there because they are too far away.

And I say this with the deepest respect to Allison's memory, not to detract from her and make it about us, as we went there with the best intentions. We added flowers, paid our respects, saw the area for ourselves and lastly took some photos so that all of you can see the area surrounding where Allison's body was discovered.

Firstly, I would really like to thank Mani, Minnie and Indromum for a great afternoon! :)

The four of us (plus a lovely husband) travelled to Kholo Creek today. First and foremost we wanted to acknowledge Allison. We added lots of artificial sunflowers (not as pretty as the real ones, but will last) to the cross and also placed a few bunches of beautiful yellow flowers along the bridge. We took lots of photos - Mani is keen to upload these.

We also did lots of sleuthing! It was such an advantage to actually be under that bridge, in the exact surroundings. On top of that, we were able to bounce ideas off each other, discuss and dismiss theories and come to some conclusions as to what may have happened to Allison.

The original photos of when Allison was found proved invaluable, as we were eventually able to pinpoint the exact resting place of her body. This was after much debate about scrub vrs mud, tree lopping, high tide vrs low tide and the pylons bases (Mani's hubby knows the exact term!) height from the bridge etc etc. From the position that we think her body came to rest, we found it very difficult to believe that she was either carried down there, or was thrown off the bridge.

The bush would have been way too dense and the slope way too steep for anyone (even Tarzan) to have carried a body down - even with help. The bush has been cleared under the bridge now, but the other side is extremely thick and near impossible to manipulate (as one brave group member found out) so the side that Allison was found on, would have originally been the same. We saw much of the evidence of chopped trees, scrub around us - indicating just how thick it would have been.

We then turned to the 'thrown off the bridge' theory, but after much discussion also found this hard to imagine, for three main reasons.
1. It's such a long way down! Lots of broken bones.
2. There would have been too much risk of being seen - the traffic (even in the early hours would have been fairly regular)
3. From where we looked (Allison's resting place) you could see the Brisbane River - would GBC have taken such a risk as to throw Allison into the creek (so clopse to the BR) with the possibility of her floating away, never to be seen again ........ and hence no insurance pay out???

SO, we came to the conclusion - reluctantly - that she had floated down the creek to this position. It actually made sense to us - looking upwards in the creek. Her resting place is so far down this bank, too far down, and too close to the Brisbane River.

Then we went for a drive up Bunya St to the Scout Hall. OMGosh! There are atleast 2 houses if not 3 that are very close to the main gate of the camp. If GBC brought her up here, he was either very brave or very stupid, as a car would be seen/heard from these houses. If they are not heavy sleepers (like GBC!!!!!) then they would have seen the car/s and someone unlocking the padlocked gate for sure - especially with dogs going off.

At the end of this road is another padlocked gate (we're quietly positive that keys may have been accessible to members of the scouting org!) There are no houses around here and the creek is a small distance, and a drop, but no dense scrub. Minnie walked out and investigated this one - she's the expert - and is knowledgable about this area - along with Mani's lovely husband. But overall, we wondered if Ugly Creek (near Scout Camp) is the location that Allison's body was placed in and washed down to Kholo Creek Bridge.

So, in the end, we found it hard to believe that Allison was carried or thrown off Kholo Creek Bridge. We're fairly sure that she may have washed down with the downpour that we received the weekend before she was found. But then again, we also wondered how GBC/and accomplice drove past the neighbours at the main Scout Camp entrance? Maybe he/they got away with it? Or maybe he/they drove to the end, where Minnie went out to?

From there, we travelled to NBC and EBC's house. I was personally amazed at how close to the road their house actually was. Nothing like the shots on MSM. The animal skulls are very much 'in your face' if you know what I mean! The white Prado, parked on the curbside, with number plates 'SETTLED' was quite surreal.

Minnie and Mani travelled on to Brookfield then, and Indromum and I went home.

I really appreciated this afternoon in more ways than just one - meeting some gorgeous people that are now my friends (with faces), being able to sleuth, being able to sleuth as a group and debate, dismiss and discuss what happened, and most importantly, paying a special TRIBUTE TO ALLISON! The cross looks amazing - so bright - and so does the bridge. We got a few 'toots' while we there too! Thanks locals!

IMO, JMO, MOO. RIP, justice and love Allison!!

Makara,

If you would like to compare the photos taken today with the ones you posted earlier on.

Wow, Mani, thank you for the pics. It certainly looks so much different from the ground as opposed to an arial shot. I just get an overwhelming sense of sadness when I look at these photos. What did you feel about the place when you were there today?

They werent there two weeks ago. Could be helping something germinate? Council Gardner work?

Yes you could have a point there possum. I don't know. Apologies to QPS for any sort of suggestion that they were less than diligent re the environment.
IMO

Here are some more from the southern bank (which is the bank nearest the Brisbane River).

In the photo called view down northern bank very steep - you can see four main pylons.

The two in the background have their pile cap visible (it is the concrete block/base at the bottom of the pylons), they are mid stream, however you will notice that the two pylons in the foreground have their base underwater.

When we saw the photos that the media published, you can clearly see the concrete base of the pylons in the foreground is visible/above water line. Hence, there was more mud and more of the bank visible than today.IMO

How wide is the Brisbane River at that point roughly? In the photo it doesn't look that wide compared to what it is like in the St. Lucia area and beyond.

May I just say that some gorgeous brightly coloured dried sunflowers were added to the ones on the cross today and it looks stunning. I don't want to be stealing the thunder of the member who did this either as it is her story to tell................

Yay I did it :woohoo:

Love you Mani. If you didn't ask me, I wouldn't have been able to do this or tell - it's all because of you, Minnie and Indromum.

Yes you could be right. That was the first thought I had and yes, it was the day of the arrest.

Can also detect blood, even when it there has been attempt at cleaning. May have been looking for blood splatter on walls, which can be minute and missed by a 'cleaning' perpetrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member