Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Miss Mani,
I believe IMO this has changed. I tried to buy some about 6 months ago and the pharmacist made me feel really bad for asking for it. Basically argued with me and told me I had to see the doc for a prescription. He did give it to me(this was in Brisbane by the way) but labelled it and to this day he made me feel so bad for wanting to use it on the plane for my little guy I will never buy it again.

(It didn't work anyway)

In my experience it works for me, but not for kids on a plane, as suggested by my GP :banghead:

Hi Bayside

Just wondering as you say this is your industry if it is possible to take the amount of time they are saying to sort through this.?

Thanks

I just wanted to add that 5 months does sound a bit long even if there is only one forensic accountant working on it, which I believe is the case.

Going on what was written in the affidavits re the finances, it was really only an outline. I dont believe the forensic accountant has been working on it since day one and has probably only recently started after the initial findings.

All IMO

Hello Miss Mani,
I believe IMO this has changed. I tried to buy some about 6 months ago and the pharmacist made me feel really bad for asking for it. Basically argued with me and told me I had to see the doc for a prescription. He did give it to me(this was in Brisbane by the way) but labelled it and to this day he made me feel so bad for wanting to use it on the plane for my little guy I will never buy it again.

(It didn't work anyway)

Danke Curious for the update. It can have the opposite reaction and make the person 'wired'.

Doc Watson would have more knowledge about this........ Cheers

Re the courier mail article. This is for our legal eagles.
The prosecution have to have all evidence to the defence by 20th August ready for the committal mention on the 3rd September. To me this does not seem long for Defence to make their case(not that I am concerned) can they then ask for an extension due to this?

Danke Curious for the update. It can have the opposite reaction and make the person 'wired'.

Oh yes exactly. Brings tears to my eyes thinking about my screaming child on the floor on the plane. Tears due to the fellow passengers I was already concerned about. I was suggested by many mum's to try phenergan but like I said it didn't work and still feel guilty trying it.

Golly, GBC flunked out here!

The Scout Motto is: BE PREPARED which means you are always in a state of readiness in mind and body to do your DUTY.
Be Prepared in Mind by having disciplined yourself to be obedient to every order, and also by having thought out beforehand any accident or situation that might occur, so that you know the right thing to do at the right moment, and are willing to do it.
Be Prepared in Body by making yourself strong and active and able to do the right thing at the right moment, and do it.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_motto_of_the_Boy_Scouts#ixzz205FvwdGs

Surely though investigation into fraud should be far secondary than the alleged murder charge. His financial debts are common knowledge anyway. IMO the QPS could be using this delay to gather more incriminating *definite* evidence re the murder charge so the Defence team cannot find *loopholes* in the circumstantial evidence which has been presented so far by the DPP...

I wonder if all GBC's financial debts are actually common knowledge just yet??

I think there may be lots more info to come and also....the financial situation/any fraud/mistresses/travel plans/running a red light....anything and everything is going to be investigated in the GBC's lives, evidence gathered about so many things...........it all goes towards building a case which as we know from previous cases, can sometimes take a very long time to build

Magistrates and Judges will only accept so called "delaying" tatics for so long, they are not silly....MOO

Antihistamines can have differing effects on different people - they can indeed stimulate some people to become "wired" like a monster dose of caffeine would. Others (including me) go to sleep as if they've had a general anaesthetic and can't be roused easily.

Of course, most people react somewhere in between those two extremes, and just get some mild sedation, from which they can be roused easily.

And if GBC had been planning to use Phenergan or another antihistamine as a sedative (there are much more potent ones out there) then I'd suggest he would have had to know what reaction it would cause, due to previous administration. And three kids plus ABC all having heavy sedation would be unusual for Phenergan.

Of course, if he really wanted to sedate ABC, then Rohypnol and other benzos are fairly readily available down The Valley, I gather, with no prescription needed and no ID needed. Depends on the planning, and the time available to arrange to get some.

Whatever he allegedly purchased at the chemist may have had nothing to do with the case, of course - it could have been something for himself (eg caterpillar bite medicine!). Surely he would have realized that pretty well any purchase would be trackable via the cash-register receipts, among other things?

Unless he was particularly silly..... just saying.... :what:

Doc, I had previously mentioned Melatonin as well...

Marly or anyone- can you remember or find the poster that claimed to have worked at the chemist?

I do note that the Bruce Overland comment was made on Monday, December 04, 2006

Didn't the Courier Mail say it was Bruce Overlander? But everyone says Overland.

Not saying the CM isn't frequently mistaken!!

Edit - seems I was mistaken and all I can find is Overland now too.

A shout out to Mr Paul Tully (it worked last time) can we have an update again please?

Any Journo's can you do any reporting on the family or girlfriends, we need something to talk about now.

Antihistamines can have differing effects on different people - they can indeed stimulate some people to become "wired" like a monster dose of caffeine would. Others (including me) go to sleep as if they've had a general anaesthetic and can't be roused easily.

Of course, most people react somewhere in between those two extremes, and just get some mild sedation, from which they can be roused easily.

And if GBC had been planning to use Phenergan or another antihistamine as a sedative (there are much more potent ones out there) then I'd suggest he would have had to know what reaction it would cause, due to previous administration. And three kids plus ABC all having heavy sedation would be unusual for Phenergan.

Of course, if he really wanted to sedate ABC, then Rohypnol and other benzos are fairly readily available down The Valley, I gather, with no prescription needed and no ID needed. Depends on the planning, and the time available to arrange to get some.

Whatever he allegedly purchased at the chemist may have had nothing to do with the case, of course - it could have been something for himself (eg caterpillar bite medicine!). Surely he would have realized that pretty well any purchase would be trackable via the cash-register receipts, among other things?

I never considered Rohypnol - but that makes sense is it detectable after wards and for how long?
Silly GBC ? Really:skip:

What are the odds he put the purchase on his credit card/eftpos!!!!!!

Didn't the Courier Mail say it was Bruce Overlander? But everyone says Overland.

Not saying the CM isn't frequently mistaken!!

Edit - seems I was mistaken and all I can find is Overland now too.

Police allege that Mr Baden-Clay used the pseudonym ‘‘Bruce Overland’’ in emails to Ms McHugh after his wife’s disappearance.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...lice-allege-20120626-2102n.html#ixzz205KwMAvc

The court heard that, using the pseudonym Bruce Overland, Baden-Clay - who was said to be $1 million in debt - emailed his mistress in the weeks before his wife's death to say: "I will be separated by 1 July."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ith-his-mistress/story-e6freuy9-1226406042105

Doc, I had previously mentioned Melatonin as well...

Marly or anyone- can you remember or find the poster that claimed to have worked at the chemist?

Melatonin can HELP you sleep, but it doesn't MAKE you sleep like a good sedative would. In other words, you can take melatonin and just stay awake if you want to.

Several of the benzodiazepines will do the same, including temazepam, nitrazepam, and diazepam. You can easily stay awake and function after taking a normal dose of those - although a BIG dose would be more likely to put you to sleep.

Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) will put most people to sleep, and also induce profound amnesia in most people. For those who are unaware, that's the so-called "date-rape" drug. Although there are others used nowadays too, which I won't name on here. But Rohypnol has had more than enough publicity that I don't need to avoid naming it.

Melatonin is a mild sedative, and is used more to reset the body clock (diurnal rhythm) to counter jet-lag. Works rather well, actually - I use it when traveling overseas. Normally, melatonin is secreted by the pineal gland at the base of the brain, and cycles from day to night in response to daylight. The pineal is sometimes called the "third eye" for that reason.

Wonder if he bought Stilnox (on prescription)? Either for a genuine need, or for alibi preparation? Just a thought - not a fact....

Just a quick note - you need to give the Chemist your name and address if you buy any medications with Codeine without a prescription such as Aspalgin, Panadeine Mersyndol etc but if you want to buy flu medications such as Codral the one that lets you function when you can't move out of bed then you are required to give the Chemist your Licence.

Chemists act like they are gatekeepers when it comes to 'labelling' products for anyone even with a genuine need for these medicines. My kids used to get such bad ear infections that a few times I had to use Nurofen and Pain Stop - I never bought them together because the chemist went crazy at me once for using both even tho it was under doctor advisement. Hubby (medic) reckons chemist staff can only advise and they shouldn't be zealots as these are actually mild but highly effective non addicitve painkillers in the scope of medicines available for pain. Since then I take absolutely no **** from over zealous chemists when I need stuff for myself of the kids.

Melatonin can HELP you sleep, but it doesn't MAKE you sleep like a good sedative would. In other words, you can take melatonin and just stay awake if you want to.

Several of the benzodiazepines will do the same, including temazepam, nitrazepam, and diazepam. You can easily stay awake and function after taking a normal dose of those - although a BIG dose would be more likely to put you to sleep.

Rohypnol (flunitrazepam) will put most people to sleep, and also induce profound amnesia in most people. For those who are unaware, that's the so-called "date-rape" drug. Although there are others used nowadays too, which I won't name on here. But Rohypnol has had more than enough publicity that I don't need to avoid naming it.

Melatonin is a mild sedative, and is used more to reset the body clock (diurnal rhythm) to counter jet-lag. Works rather well, actually - I use it when traveling overseas. Normally, melatonin is secreted by the pineal gland at the base of the brain, and cycles from day to night in response to daylight. The pineal is sometimes called the "third eye" for that reason.

Very interesting thanks Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member