Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi and welcome.
It is quite common for business people to lease their cars - makes a good tax deduction and is easy enough to upgrade regularly. Also being in Real Estate, maybe there was tax benefits in renting a house as well. In business it is not uncommon to show no or little profit due to tax deductions (dodges?) Business people often have everything in the business name.
IMO

I have worked with around 60 real estate agents in my business and have only once came across two who rented their primary residence. One was involved in a marriage break up and the other was as dodgy as Gerard lol.

If the persons house is in the business name and used as a deduction then it has to be used for business purposes only. It is not as simple as just calling it a business address when it is clearly a home with a family living in it. If you are running a home based business and have no other business address then you can claim some of the costs but not the entire rent and expenses. You cant double dip and claim your business address then claim part of your home.

Hmmmmm, talking to pictures on the wall.....you'll fit right in

here!!:floorlaugh:

Thanks Dodo

I also found myself shouting at the television recently when some reporter asked the Singh parents if the sentencing of Max Sica had given them "closure" (a word that makes me want to scream at the best of times)

I feel very much at home in this group :giggle:

not strictly correct, insolvent is unable to pay debts as and when they fall due. eg a million dollar loan due in say june 2015 would not render one insolvent. emphasis is on "as and when they fall due"

Thank you for that squizzey1..:) ..so as and when they fall due....the numerous companies he was involved in is incredible to me. Such a mess!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS6wCCXfJqA&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS6wCCXfJqA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Say lawyer Chris Nyst helped with legal issues related to his car early this year. (Lexus IMO)

Previous posts by Maverik1 and Susan12 re Scout Camp
[/I]

That theory re ABC driving to the scout camp has also been mentioned at my work place. The story I have heard is that she was repeatedly run over. Once again this is a rumour circulating around. I guess it could be possible.

Our rental house used to be with a very dodgy rental company! They would take our money for a plumber or electrician to visit and then they'd tell us nothing could be done. Our poor tenants living with tepid hot water for a year. It's only that we found out we knew the tenants and they said no tradespeople had been around that they were caught out. Our electrician visited and fixed the problem in ten minutes! Grrr. :banghead:

Who knows what other dodgy things rental management companies can do!?

I said earlier on that I would take my rental property out of his hands and not be comfortable with that agent.

I have come across quite a few dodgy agents here in Brisbane who have done similar to what you are saying.

There is one in particular in St Lucia who has setup separate businesses for cleaning, carpet and pest, plumbing, handyman etc. What this person does is gets the trades people at very low prices by giving them a large volume of work. They then reissue the invoices from their other business at above what the real price the tradeperson would charge and pay the accounts via the tenants bonds and the landlords trust account.

I know of several that are doing this right now and getting away with it.

Thank you for that squizzey1..:) ..so as and when they fall due....the numerous companies he was involved in is incredible to me anyway, I just don't know enough about Company Law...were his books in order, who was his Accountant and doing all the paperwork? As another poster rightly pointed out GBC owed money to friends, business associates, EBC/NBC etc. EBC & NBC were Directors as well, so they owed money as well technically speaking?

Gee if EBC and NBC are directors then their piggy bank will sink with the good ship lollipop.

Have they all become naturalised Aussies? If so then they'll all become a drain on the tax payer for the rest of their lives.

Thank you for that squizzey1..:) ..so as and when they fall due....the numerous companies he was involved in is incredible to me anyway, I just don't know enough about Company Law...were his books in order, who was his Accountant and doing all the paperwork? As another poster rightly pointed out GBC owed money to friends, business associates, EBC/NBC etc. EBC & NBC were Directors as well, so they owed money as well technically speaking?

only if there were personal guarantees given by them. directors are not necessarily personably liable for all company debts unless they have given personal guarantees or put up security for a debt. it seems that these debts were gbc debts and personally owed by him. as for company debts who knows, and did c21 trade as a company anyway , do we know:banghead:

I have worked with around 60 real estate agents in my business and have only once came across two who rented their primary residence. One was involved in a marriage break up and the other was as dodgy as Gerard lol.

If the persons house is in the business name and used as a deduction then it has to be used for business purposes only. It is not as simple as just calling it a business address when it is clearly a home with a family living in it. If you are running a home based business and have no other business address then you can claim some of the costs but not the entire rent and expenses. You cant double dip and claim your business address then claim part of your home.

I have said before on here, it is not a business thing to rent a house, it is probably of benefit to rent in the area you want to live in and rent out your own or mortgaged house, in another suburb.
Could be for many reasons, schools, business, family etc. We get more money in rent this way and pay less on the one we rent.
We want to live here but not necessarily buy.

Danke Curious for the update. It can have the opposite reaction and make the person 'wired'.

Doc Watson would have more knowledge about this........ Cheers

Yes. Have used in the past and was warned by Doc that it could have the opposite effect and make you hyper! Tested it out first but it sedated, not hyped. Got lucky.

That theory re ABC driving to the scout camp has also been mentioned at my work place. The story I have heard is that she was repeatedly run over. Once again this is a rumour circulating around. I guess it could be possible.
at the bail hearing didnt they say no visible signs ?????

GBC is like a can of revolting worm's, the more that is unearthed the more that oozes out......I don't contribute anything, but I want you all to know I appreciate all the effort and time that you all spend....thankyou......I am pages behind, but as usual all your post's make me giggle, cry, get grumpy and basically just feel glad I am part of this forum in a small way.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member