Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just had a bit of a catch up on today's posts and saw somewhere about dog howling on the evening that ABC went missing. Because police have used cadaver dogs in the past, I assume they would have also used them as part of this investigation (in cars, bedrooms, etc). I googled stuff about dogs and their "6th sense" and there really are true believers out their that suggest that dogs seem to sense when death has happened or is imminent. Years ago, a friend told me that her Mum who was in a "low care" nursing facility had a dog, a resident of the nursing home. The dog would wander freely around the place endearing itself to any/all of the residents. When the staff member tried to take the dog to the co-located facility that housed "high care" residents (i.e. more frail and by logical extension those nearer to end of life), the dog wouldn't have a bar of it. Stood steadfast at the threshold and wouldn't enter the premises.

I have just had a bit of a catch up on today's posts and saw somewhere about dog howling on the evening that ABC went missing. Because police have used cadaver dogs in the past, I assume they would have also used them as part of this investigation (in cars, bedrooms, etc). I googled stuff about dogs and their "6th sense" and there really are true believers out their that suggest that dogs seem to sense when death has happened or is imminent. Years ago, a friend told me that her Mum who was in a "low care" nursing facility had a dog, a resident of the nursing home. The dog would wander freely around the place endearing itself to any/all of the residents. When the staff member tried to take the dog to the co-located facility that housed "high care" residents (i.e. more frail and by logical extension those nearer to end of life), the dog wouldn't have a bar of it. Stood steadfast at the threshold and wouldn't enter the premises.

CC those cadaver dogs I have read can smell a corpse many feet down under the ground. There is a book written by a doctor about a cat that smells death - in a nursing home.......
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2835787/Oscar-the-cat-can-smell-death.html

Yes, sorry I meant did you find all of the missing posts that you were asking about in regards to vacuuming of cars, 4 doors open, washing of cars etc.

No I dont think so....

If you go back to post 713 Marlywings posted what she thought I was looking for
I then posted I wasn't sure this was it.
Post 727 by Linette. Seems to recall the same thing I do...
So I will still look for the one I was looking for. Or maybe someone else with a wonderful memory will remember it too!!!

Marlywings did you say earlier that Maverick.au's posts had disappeared?
I found them tonight. They are still there.
However, wasn't there a Maverick1 as well posting around the same time?

CC those cadaver dogs I have read can smell a corpse many feet down under the ground. There is a book written by a doctor about a cat that smells death - in a nursing home.......
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2835787/Oscar-the-cat-can-smell-death.html

Yes, I have heard a number of stories about cats also. The same friend referred to in previous post has told me that cats go and lie on the beds of a dying person. Because friend is associated with aged care, she has witnessed this on at least 3 occasions. It seems that dogs seem to retreat and mourn and cats go and comfort.

No mani I didn't say his posts had disappeared...lol..

Earlier today LauraMars said: I wish Maverick.au would come back (maybe he just lurks?)

My reply to her: Yep could be he's just reading along....perhaps he'll turn up out of the blue one day

Originally posted by Bobbie Elliott on 26.6
I might have a tiny bit of inside information. It appears that GBC, being the meticulous chap that he is, had done some car detailing on the morning of the 20th before he called the police. It appeared that he had cleaned the carpet lining the back of the car. Obviously not well enough though!

Is this what you were looking for Firesnake?

No mani I didn't say his posts had disappeared...lol..

Earlier today LauraMars said: I wish Maverick.au would come back (maybe he just lurks?)

My reply to her: Yep could be he's just reading along....perhaps he'll turn up out of the blue one day

:blushing:sorry Marly:blushing:
I thought I read that somewhere..............hmm

No I dont think so....

If you go back to post 713 Marlywings posted what she thought I was looking for
I then posted I wasn't sure this was it.
Post 727 by Linette. Seems to recall the same thing I do...
So I will still look for the one I was looking for. Or maybe someone else with a wonderful memory will remember it too!!!

Hi fire snake, unfortunately I don't have a wonderful memory, but I clearly remember mention of NBC not handing over the contents of a vacuum cleaner at HIS home, not GBC's. I always thought that was odd and must have looked suspicious, but there wasn't much of a follow up on this info and thought may have just been a rumor.

Hi fire snake, unfortunately I don't have a wonderful memory, but I clearly remember mention of NBC not handing over the contents of a vacuum cleaner at HIS home, not GBC's. I always thought that was odd and must have looked suspicious, but there wasn't much of a follow up on this info and thought may have just been a rumor.

That's my memory of the story too Dodo - it was the NBC vacuum cleaner tht wasn't being handed over not GBCs. IMO

Yes it was mentioned as being at NBC's but she didn't know for sure...

the post from "itsthevibe" re vacuum cleaner...

"Also from the same source was that when police were doing their searches, they wanted to seize the contents of a vacuum cleaner dust bag, and NBC refused to give it to them if they didn't have a search warrant. (I'm assuming this was at the NBC house but I dont know for sure)"

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...175051&page=17

Haven't been here much lately but popped in tonight and saw the screams near Rafting Ground Road being discussed so thought the link below would be of interest as it maps the location at 1.02 in the clip. I also made up a clearer image showing the points of interest including the location where two mounted police were seen entering the area approximately behind where the screams were heard - this search was around midday Sat 21st April. I will load photo if I work out how!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEM0PHhdXqo"]Missing mother - YouTube[/ame]

BBM:

Hi Woof, who was looking for another car? Do you mean QPS? I've not read anywhere that they were searching for another car. They always seemed to be focused on the 'family cars'.

MOO.

Bad dog Woof! Bad dog! Was typing that on a tiny phone in a room full of distractions. What I should have said was 'maybe they are looking for another car'. But honestly, I don't know. The reported sightings of those two cars, and the Captiva with blood in, may rule out the car I know. But still, reporting that car to Crimestoppers was what needed to be done. The fact that the Captiva is still impounded makes that the logical explanation.

However, I am still sleuthing that 5ETTLE car, plus one other.

Sorry for the stuff up. This doggie is going to the doghouse with tail between legs.:banghead:

OW used to own the house behind NBC and there is a gate between them - current owners used to be very friendly with the senior bcs but about a month a go they changed the locks .....

Yes, in Fortrose St.

I'm still wondering how the heck he is going to pay for his legal team? He, on paper, appears to have no money? Has he got a secret stash somewhere? {considering his dealings} ... or he has something on a lawyer? {That is far fetched, I know} But for the life of me I cannot see how he's doing this... legally I mean.

Someone must be funding him fully IMO. A second cousin of mine got himself into trouble as a young lad, and got in with the wrong crowd. Got involved in car stealing and ended up 'carrying the can' for a few of the others who were as much involved as he was, if not more, but a lot smarter. His family engaged one of the best lawyers and basically if there was any question of difficulty paying fees the lawyer required money paid up front. My relatives family were not well-off but had to put money in a trust account in advance to cover upcoming, agreed, timeframes. Because they didnt have unlimited money they had to discuss in detail the minimum they could afford and the time for the lawers jail visits and essential court appearances was worked out. So the amount of time that could be afforded was very carefully mapped out and the family only had the bare minimum of time spent by the lawyer to maximise getting his expertise but minimise any unnecessary time. I and a close family member helped out with some research and other info they provided to the lawyer to save money and time.

The thing is with criminal law in a lot of cases there is not a lot of money around. If you really want to make money don't go into criminal law. So many other areas of law, while expensive too, have elements of gain for the client. it could be civil action, suing someone and winning, perhaps property law, estate law etc. Even divorce law can mean property settlements and at least the clients may ultimately have some cash once joint assets are sold.

But in criminal law so many of the clients have no money to start with, or if they had any it disappears very quickly. If they dont get bail and can't work, their income stream is cut off, or they might lose their business. Robbery crimes usually involve people who dont have much spare cash, they rob to live or to sell items to pay for drugs etc - only a small proportion end up living a life of luxury with lots of money in the bank. The big drug lords who make pots of dough rarely get caught, it's their lower level pushers who take the fall.

So basically if you are a criminal and want a good lawyer you've got to have loads of cash or someone else has to fund you. Most criminal lawyers dont just do whatever time is asked and then send a bill at the end of the month and hope it gets paid.

I think the second one you mention was Maverik1 - ie without the 'c'. I do miss them.

I've thought about this, too. Maybe it's not so much that she wanted to STAY with him, but that she wasn't happy with the WAY he was leaving. If she had just found out that the affair was still going on, that would have upset her... then there's the debts etc... she may have been angry that he could just discard her like that? ... and in the end he did just that.

Yes, this sounds realistic. Also she possibly could have still loved him so it would have been a struggle to actually split up, even knowing it was hopeless. The betrayal would have been hard to take and the desire to try to fix things might have been strong, or at least not have it left in such a mess.

They looked happy in those awards night photos that someone posted links to - which made me believe they did have moments of happiness and that their relationship was very up and down, but unsustainable and ultimately ruined by the strain of the financial problems and Allisons knowledge of his affairs. As you say it would have been hard to just be discarded, and him leaving them both with financial problems, especially knowing he spent money on hotels to be with TM.

Bad dog Woof! Bad dog! Was typing that on a tiny phone in a room full of distractions. What I should have said was 'maybe they are looking for another car'. But honestly, I don't know. The reported sightings of those two cars, and the Captiva with blood in, may rule out the car I know. But still, reporting that car to Crimestoppers was what needed to be done. The fact that the Captiva is still impounded makes that the logical explanation.

However, I am still sleuthing that 5ETTLE car, plus one other.

Sorry for the stuff up. This doggie is going to the doghouse with tail between legs.:banghead:

Hey Woof, don't you dare go to the doghouse with your tail between you legs! You're doing a great job, and you're not a bad Woof.
smilie_girl_101.gif

I agree with you that reporting the car you saw to crimestoppers was warranted and well done. Who's to know how many vehicles were involved?

Hey Woof, don't you dare go to the doghouse with your tail between you legs! You're doing a great job, and you're not a bad Woof.
smilie_girl_101.gif

I agree with you that reporting the car you saw to crimestoppers was warranted and well done. Who's to know how many vehicles were involved?

Woof I agree with Makara - get that tail up in the air again! LOL

Since the crash at the bus station, I have wondered if he borrowed a car to carry Allison and not use his own but the blood in the Captiva seems to dismiss that theory. However, I still feel that another car besides the Captiva and Prado had some involvement in this crime. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998