Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's just bizarre that in the midst of committing such a horrific crime, he may have taken some time out to defame a former partner or whatever.

In terms of the timeline, over on the "video discussion" thread it's been determined that LRM likely committed the crime over a night, starting in the evening of May 24th, and continuing until the next morning, May 25th. He flew out of Montreal on May 26th.

Another reason for posting online to a 'permanent' website (ripoffreport claims they do not delete anything) could have been a foolish attempt at an alibi.
"if I was posting here, how could I have been butchering someone?"
He may have never been in a real meaningful relationship with this man, but they appear to be close according to the photos. It might have been just one day they were modeling together. Luka would have had some jealousy that Nader had a 'fab magazine' cover photo
http://fabmagazine.com/coverguy/sergio-and-nader-ghost-hunting?galleryposition=4
and in his delusional mind he thought he knew someone "famous" so he used that excitement to carry out the dismemberment. Now I'm thinking this is a more psychopathic approach than the jilted lover theory I originally posted.

I agree, and even though it's speculation, it's the reason I can't buy into the 'he was born that way' part of this. Everything he said in those comments I can see being used on a child to abuse them and make them feel worthless.

I, and many others, may be far off base there, but I feel this monster was created.

I don't know if those things were necessarily said to him as a child, but you get the feeling it all just rolls off his tongue quite easily, so the rage has obviously built up over the years one way or another.

Another reason for posting online to a 'permanent' website (ripoffreport claims they do not delete anything) could have been a foolish attempt at an alibi.
"if I was posting here, how could I have been butchering someone?"
He may have never been in a real meaningful relationship with this man, but they appear to be close according to the photos. It might have been just one day they were modeling together. Luka would have had some jealousy that Nader had a 'fab magazine' cover photo
http://fabmagazine.com/coverguy/sergio-and-nader-ghost-hunting?galleryposition=4
and in his delusional mind he thought he knew someone "famous" so he used that excitement to carry out the dismemberment. Now I'm thinking this is a more psychopathic approach than the jilted lover theory I originally posted.

Barbie Swallows confirms Luka and Nader were in a serious relationship.
She said Nader was head over heels for Luka and also confirms he was not willing to come out of the closet for Luka.I do believe Luka's e-strip blogs are pretty candid and honest.(and yet it's true he got a lot of hateful responses back when he did not deserve it)
Luka started dating her after a threesome with Nader that Nader walked out of.I suspect Luka was with Barbie to make Nader jealous.

I agree, and even though it's speculation, it's the reason I can't buy into the 'he was born that way' part of this. Everything he said in those comments I can see being used on a child to abuse them and make them feel worthless.

I, and many others, may be far off base there, but I feel this monster was created.

I believe, 100%, that LRM was born a psychopath. Most research suggests that psychopathy is a genetic adaptation, and not a psychological abnormality caused by trauma or developmental factors.

However, experience and other environmental factors can have an impact on how a psychopathology is expressed or carried how.

In fact, research suggests that childhood experience has little impact on core psychopathic interpersonal characteristics or traits, but can have an impact on psychopath subtypes or how traits are manifested in behaviour, like impulsivity and criminality.

Last night strolling through the Craigslist men seek men ads for Montreal I found this odd one. Its called ‘WATCH OUT FOR “West Islander” the PIC COLLECTER’ and was submitted on may 31.

The structure, writing style, abuse of caps-lock and the koekoek inherent logic resembles LM’s Ripoff reports style, IMO.

In the weeks before the murder he alledgedly was having flame wars with other users. Sending them pictures of himself and of other men, harrasing and even threatening some. There were even adds posted to warn for this person (alledgedly LM) with a list of all his known usernames etc. This warning is different because its against one specific user. It makes me wonder if this is the person who was most active in warning against LM and maby pissed him off enough to write a complaint.

This is the link:
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/m4m/3048285481.html

It seems to have the same weird projection of his own behaviour onto the subject of his anger. What do you think?

I think we need an armchair psych thread just for these people: http://betabeat.com/2012/07/inside-the-bizarre-world-of-luka-magnotta-fan-sites/

I agree. These groupies are a freak show unto themselves. Somehow the wiring in their brains is crossed. Whereas 99% of the population is disgusted and repulsed at LM and his crime, all these zombies can focus on are their wetdreams of getting in the sack with a gay man who performs like a dead fish and just assume fillet them.

I think we need an armchair psych thread just for these people: http://betabeat.com/2012/07/inside-the-bizarre-world-of-luka-magnotta-fan-sites/

The "Lexi" person who is the author of that LRM "obsession" blog, is either a first class troll... maybe even a narcissist herself, seeking attention. Or someone who needs serious psychological help. I don't know why the radio interviewer didn't suggest she get help.

There have always been groupies for monsters like LRM. Some are just sickos or weirdos, some are trolls seeking attention, and some are psychologically damaged people who are sincerely attracted to the assailant. Ted Bundy and Charles Manson had either cult followings or fans; with random women offering marriage proposals while each sat idle in jail.

The problem today, is that the Internet renders this inexplicable behaviour more accessible. I just wish the media would stop giving these weirdos and trolls attention, and trying to pretend that they are more than a small and bizarre minority.

I've seen several stories now (maybe not this one) complaining about LRM's fans on Facebook, and when I read the story, it becomes clear that half of the fan sites they are talking about were ones LRM himself created months, sometimes years, ago and populated with sock puppets.

Thank goodness she was able to be helped. B.T now seems to be doing well according to the internet.

B.T. talks about her actions with pets in part 2 of documentary.
Child of Rage - The Documentary (Part 2) - YouTube
Wow, thank you for sharing this. First off, this is even more disturbing because this kid looks exactly like my little cousin at that age! Yikes...

I have a lot of questions about this kid and her parents/childhood. People don't develop memories until they can symbolize via language. This does not mean they don't remember things, it just means that they don't consciously remember incidents in a way where they may be able to verbalize and articulate them at a later age. No doubt that they are still in the deep recesses of the mind.

That being said, I have to wonder if the molestation claims are in fact related to the bio dad or current dad. I know this is a horrible thing to think/say, but she was adopted so young it's difficult for me to believe she has such vivid memories. No doubt she is a veryintelligent child, but I am skeptical. She did start to make significant improvement when she left the home. Once again, this is just my preliminary opinion based on VERY little information.

I also noticed a lot of leading questions being presented to this child. I always worry about suggestability with kids. However, chalk up even 1/2 of this info to suggestion, etc., and that's still a pretty messed up and scary kid.

I don't know if those things were necessarily said to him as a child, but you get the feeling it all just rolls off his tongue quite easily, so the rage has obviously built up over the years one way or another.

More so, yes I agree with this. From my perspective I can't imagine pulling out the big guns as far as calling someone stupid, useless, and a loser, etc. To me, those are worse than just swearing at someone, etc because they place value judgments on the person as a whole and their capabilities. I do know those are common terms an abuser uses on someone they are trying to subjugate, then the cycle of abuse perpetuates and those words then roll off the tongue of the abused.

Of course, it's speculation that he was abused but as someone who was abused and fearful and became an extremely heightened empath as a result essentially the opposite of LRM, turning inward rather than outward, he exhibits all the symptoms.

Wow, thank you for sharing this. First off, this is even more disturbing because this kid looks exactly like my little cousin at that age! Yikes...

I have a lot of questions about this kid and her parents/childhood. People don't develop memories until they can symbolize via language. This does not mean they don't remember things, it just means that they don't consciously remember incidents in a way where they may be able to verbalize and articulate them at a later age. No doubt that they are still in the deep recesses of the mind.

That being said, I have to wonder if the molestation claims are in fact related to the bio dad or current dad. I know this is a horrible thing to think/say, but she was adopted so young it's difficult for me to believe she has such vivid memories. No doubt she is a veryintelligent child, but I am skeptical. She did start to make significant improvement when she left the home. Once again, this is just my preliminary opinion based on VERY little information.

I also noticed a lot of leading questions being presented to this child. I always worry about suggestability with kids. However, chalk up even 1/2 of this info to suggestion, etc., and that's still a pretty messed up and scary kid.

When I was watching it, I got the impression the child was pretty candid and unemotional about the acts, so i would not necessarily call the questions leading, just that perhaps the parents had already given background that if the child was asked directly that would provide the best result? Not trying to argue, just trying to be optimistic. :)

I believe, 100%, that LRM was born a psychopath. Most research suggests that psychopathy is a genetic adaptation, and not a psychological abnormality caused by trauma or developmental factors.

However, experience and other environmental factors can have an impact on how a psychopathology is expressed or carried how.

In fact, research suggests that childhood experience has little impact on core psychopathic interpersonal characteristics or traits, but can have an impact on psychopath subtypes or how traits are manifested in behaviour, like impulsivity and criminality.

Agree to disagree on the nature versus nurture debate? :) When i read about LRM I started researching pretty heavily into psychopathy and there is plenty of evidence on both sides. And yes, I also agree that even if psychopathy is a manifestation of biology rather than environment whatsoever, his upbringing and positive versus negative reinforcement would have impacted how he adapted and utilized his impulses.

When I was watching it, I got the impression the child was pretty candid and unemotional about the acts, so i would not necessarily call the questions leading, just that perhaps the parents had already given background that if the child was asked directly that would provide the best result? Not trying to argue, just trying to be optimistic. :)
You are probably correct. I really only saw one question that seemed blatantly leading. The rest could have been explained as you have.

In thinking about the Luka Magnotta case, it's interesting to watch this interview of Ted Bundy the day before he was put to death. From what I've read about Ted's family I wouldn't say that his childhood was idyllic. Maybe he sought to protect his family so that they wouldn't suffer persecution because of himself. Either way, I think there's a lot of truth in what he's saying. Luka himself is into violent *advertiser censored*, as we saw in that one tumblr page and possibly other places.

FULL VERSION: Ted Bundy, Interview by Dr. James Dobson in 1989 Before Execution - YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021