GUILTY SD - RieLee Lovell, 2, strangled to death, Wagner, 3 July 2012

DCI spokeswoman Sara Rabern confirmed her office was working with the investigation. However, she told the Press & Dakotan that any further information was coming from Charles Mix County authorities.

The Charles Mix County clerks of courts office told the Press & Dakotan it has received no charges or other information regarding the case as of late Thursday afternoon.

http://yankton.net/articles/2012/07/06/community/doc4ff65b8657c0f849065084.txt

Aw man :( I hate to read this one. A child arrested, a child dead. These types of ones always leave me feeling so helpless.

When a grown up harms a child I get my outrage on and find it easy to scream for Justice. I have in my minds eye what justice looks like in those cases. But when a child harms another child, especially a possible sibling . . . I don't have a clue what justice looks like in cases such as this one.

I am simply heartsick. the outrage can't come towards a child. At least very rarely (Alyssa Bustamente got me pretty worked up).

What a horrible sad situation for this family.

So odd, that makes two of these, I was expecting to see the one about the 12 year old and two year old in DC. I even did a search on forum but could not find anything

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-sister-2-bare-hands.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Someone please point me in the right direction if already a thread on this one,
seems like removal of child should not have taken place, daughter was killed by foster sibling.

Aw man :( I hate to read this one. A child arrested, a child dead. These types of ones always leave me feeling so helpless.

When a grown up harms a child I get my outrage on and find it easy to scream for Justice. I have in my minds eye what justice looks like in those cases. But when a child harms another child, especially a possible sibling . . . I don't have a clue what justice looks like in cases such as this one.
I am simply heartsick. the outrage can't come towards a child. At least very rarely (Alyssa Bustamente got me pretty worked up).

What a horrible sad situation for this family.

It is hard to tell, especially with so little information, at this time. I'm not even finding an obituary for a child in the area. I would think if it were accidental a 12 year old wouldn't be taken into custody. :(

I can't even imagine the pain the family is going through.

So odd, that makes two of these, I was expecting to see the one about the 12 year old and two year old in DC. I even did a search on forum but could not find anything

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-sister-2-bare-hands.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Someone please point me in the right direction if already a thread on this one,
seems like removal of child should not have taken place, daughter was killed by foster sibling.

Manzana, I started a thread on the case at the link you posted.

boy, 12, charged with murder for 'beating to death his foster sister, 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/67361/

"The 2-year-old girl was discovered in a residence located at 38406 299th St. in rural Wagner. A 911 call from the residence reported that the child was not breathing. The cause of death is under investigation and names are being withheld out of respect for the family, the news release says."

I read in a few other articles that it was a boy who was arrested.

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/67361/

"The 2-year-old girl was discovered in a residence located at 38406 299th St. in rural Wagner. A 911 call from the residence reported that the child was not breathing. The cause of death is under investigation and names are being withheld out of respect for the family, the news release says."

I read in a few other articles that it was a boy who was arrested.

I don't think we will hear anything til next week.

WTH!!

Prosecutors are considering using a new state law to charge the legal guardian of a slain 2-year-old rural Wagner girl and the woman's husband with failing to promptly report the death to authorities.

A 12-year-old male cousin of the girl was taken into custody following her July Fourth death, which authorities have deemed a homicide. He has not been charged and is being held on a temporary custody order, said Charles Mix County State's Attorney Pam Hein. She declined to elaborate, citing the boy's age and the fact that if he is charged it will be in juvenile court, where proceedings are closed to the public.

The girl's guardian, who is the boy's mother, and her husband, who isn't the father of either child, were being held on minor, unrelated charges, Hein told The Associated Press on Tuesday. She said she doesn't think either adult has an attorney.

Hein said a "significant" number of hours passed before police were notified about the girl's death.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/wa...cle_3a41a212-429f-52b5-8f8e-f861ffecc5f5.html

Apparently, in South Dakota, when you are 12 years old, you can kill your sibling, your parents can not tell right away and then it stays in Family Court. I can't even imagine sitting around the house on the 4th of July with a dead 2 year old and not calling police right away! At 12 years old, as in other cases, if you murder someone the penalty should be more than a slap on the wrist. I wonder how many more children this family has to 'spare'? Who is this family related to? South Dakota justice at it's finest. :banghead:

I am speechless, without speech

I know right? What the hell were they doing for a few hours? Was one trying to convince the other to call LE, not call LE? I hardly doubt they were doing CPR for hours!

They were trying to figure out their odds at reporting the child missing/abducted and getting by with it. :moo:

Wagner Adults High On Meth Before Toddler Found Dead

The Wagner Police Chief said he could smell a decomposed body when he walked into the home late in the afternoon on the Fourth of July. Authorities also interviewed two girls who said reported that their six-year-old friend had told them to come over to see quote "my dead sister." :banghead:

video at link:

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail6...On_Meth_Before_Toddler_Found_Dead_/?Id=134355

OMG you have got to be kidding. 6 kids? Didn't know when they last saw the child? 10 sleeping pills?! Meth for days?! I feel sick :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

So the 11 year old is in custody but not charged..I wonder if the adults tried to blame it on him.
Can you even imagine??? "When did you last see your two year old alive?" Can you imagine not having an answer?? I feel like I'm living in such a different world as these people I will NEVER understand.

Does anyone notice you see this more with methheads and pillpoppers than we ever did with drunks, heroin addicts and crackheads, etc, 10+ years ago? Maybe because we all have 24/7 access to news now, or is there something different about meth and pain pills?
Maybe it's just me?
Thoughts?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni