Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got told that when a body is found/identified the next of kin and family members find out before it's made public. I don't know how true it is but i'm guessing it's right. So i don't know if it was mentioned in the media exactly when the family were told :banghead:

I got told that when a body is found/identified the next of kin and family members find out before it's made public. I don't know how true it is but i'm guessing it's right. So i don't know if it was mentioned in the media exactly when the family were told :banghead:
Do you mean HE might have been told before he called the insurance company, good point. oh but didnt the prosecutor say he called insurance company before the body was identified, oh i am confused

Do you mean HE might have been told before he called the insurance company, good point. oh but didnt the prosecutor say he called insurance company before the body was identified, oh i am confused

that's what I thought too

Read this post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8141953&postcount=30"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Threadiquette- Questions about rules welcome here[/ame]

You will be responsible for knowing what it says whether you read it or not, so it's a good idea to read it. :kimsterwink:

I thought at the bail hearing the prosecutor said GBC had called the insurance company and lodged a claim before the body was identified as that of Allison.

This is MOO.

OK - I can go with that. But I still think (opinion only, of course) that the intent was to hide the body in an area of dense bush that he knew well due to his knowledge of the scout camp area and surrounds. And the rains buggered it for him, with the premature insurance claim being a stupid, ill-thought out, opportunistic claim.

I guess we can all surmise what MIGHT have been the sequence of events and the motivation and thinking behind the, but there are still a LOT of unanswered questions, some of which I posted last night.

I'm awaiting the revelations yet to come from the QPS and prosecution.....

Yes, doc, totally agree with you. I don't think he expected dear allison's body to be found when it was. Just trying to think of a way he could still claim insurance money and the faning an 'outing' in the future would have allowed her to be 'found', whilst still looking like GBC was innocent.

thought you guys would like to know that the girls are back at school - apparentlytthe dickies have taken up the kind offer of a house locally.

also when i drove over the bridge around 10ish there were two detectives there taking pics, looking very focussed about something

Not necessarily. QPS has access to the data of all registered cars in Qld. Its very easy to locate all blue or silver Holden Captivas owned by people in a locality. They can just go interview everyone in that demographic.

I bet they did the same to all owners of white Prados in the area too.

OMG That would take a long time in the Western suburbs!

I thought at the bail hearing the prosecutor said GBC had called the insurance company and lodged a claim before the body was identified as that of Allison.

This is MOO.
thanks for that i thought so too

thought you guys would like to know that the girls are back at school - apparentlytthe dickies have taken up the kind offer of a house locally.

also when i drove over the bridge around 10ish there were two detectives there taking pics, looking very focussed about something

Thanks for that - nice to know they will be back with their friends - hope they don't have unsupervised visits with the older BC's or GBC's sister

Bridge - mmmm interesting

Hi all,
First time poster here - however an avid watcher. Have spent the last couple of weeks catching up with the very first thread - consequently the house has gone to shambles and my husband thinks I am having a cyber affair. You are a brilliant bunch of people with very smart minds a pleasure to read. I would be very intersted to hear Maverick back at WS.

Also could somebody confirm what a geocache is - I remember a previous thread stating that "he did not count on the "geocache" when Allisons body was flushed into the river?

It can all be found in the media thread so well put together mainly by Makara and Caseclosed. Apparently he called the insurance whilst she was still missing before her body was found, when he called again.

Hi all,
First time poster here - however an avid watcher. Have spent the last couple of weeks catching up with the very first thread - consequently the house has gone to shambles and my husband thinks I am having a cyber affair. You are a brilliant bunch of people with very smart minds a pleasure to read. I would be very intersted to hear Maverick back at WS.

Also could somebody confirm what a geocache is - I remember a previous thread stating that "he did not count on the "geocache" when Allisons body was flushed into the river?

:welcome:

:wagon:

A newbie! We need to have a shivoo! :party:

thats nice , about the girls i mean, will get an update on the weekend from my grandchildrens parents girls in same class. i think i said that might happen from my info some time ago but a lot thought the Dickies relocating would be too hard. great news though. mmmm wonder about the dets, plenty more to come methinks

and Thanks Makara & Caseclosed, and Marly too... please don't ever leave us!!

This is MOO.

On the day Allison's body was found, police went to C21 to inform GBC a body had been found....it's sickening to think he then contacted insurance company before her body was even identified.

From the bail hearing...

June 22, 2012

Mr Baden-Clay notified the insurer of a potential claim on April 30, after his wife's body was recovered but before the identity had been confirmed

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...-in-bail-hearing/story-e6frg6nf-1226405470286

How do you know they were detectives? Police car? Could it have just been amateur sleuths, or the media?

It is a terrible terrible illness depression, isnt it? and it consumes someone, they reach a point of such deep deep despair, that there is no way out, they cannot see past the emptiness. And what is very frightening, on top of this, is that some people can hide this extremely well.

I have suffered depression for nearly 20 years, with a couple of major episodes that went for 6 - 12 months. They were exacerbated by personal situations, particularly when my son suffered through years of hurt and confusion before he was diagnosed with Aspergers, anxiety and a couple of other bits and pieces (just more initials)

I was consumed with despair, anger, guilt, worry, and sometimes would stay in my room for days, only coming out when I had to. I still managed to go to uni, take the kids to school, feed them, and if I bumped into people whilst I was out, I chatted happily and normally. I didnt so much put on a happy face, it was like I felt better when I was forced to do things. but the minute I got back home, I would feel awful again. I never reached a point that I thought about suicide, but I reached the point were I said to my husband, I dont want to be here anymore, he asked what I meant but I didnt know what I meant, I just wanted to be away from all this. That was enough for him to quit his job in WA, and come home, and its all good now, and my son is great too.

anyway thats all very offtopic, but suicide can seem to be out of the blue for families and loved ones, but it can be hidden quite well by functioning adults.

I also dont feel that suicide is a factor in this case either

I am glad you are okay now. I have never thought Allison committed suicide. GBC murdered her and did so with premeditation IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie