TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something certainly seems to have alienated LE and the Bobos. Wondering what.

Still, you have to think that if the family had decided to put out more information, there would be any one of a bunch of news outlets ready and waiting to break the story! Looking forward to whatever news will come out of tomorrow!

If someone has an interest ....I would like to read their take on this April 16,2011 discussion. It is an old discussion but the same questions persist.

I took notes( i am sharing )after listening to the Levi Page radio program with policewoman Stacy Diettrich and profiler Pat Brown. I used a podcast app on my iPad to playback the program. I have only listened to the first five minutes. I will try to finish the broadcast soon.

I will quickly note the highlights of the first five minutes of discussion:
There was agreement ....WHY?? Why was this initially reported as a home invasion? (agreed they need 911 call) Stacy,makes it clear a home invasion involves removing property from the scene. Stacy claims there is a fairly swift check executed by LE for missing property. So,it is a flag and raises concerns
(confusion)about that information being released(later redacted*)

The second 'real' problem ....both Stacy and Pat agreed on ..is the reporting of Holly being led into the woods (in what one assumes would include ...clutching her lunchbox).**They felt if Holly had sustained an injury it is improbable she would ...still have possession of her belonging's.

Note,I am adding as a footnote,

*(my comment)

**...we now know ....she also had possession of her pink purse.

Does anyone have first hand knowledge from LE perspective that LE would ask the Bobo's not to speak to media?
If so, then that would explain the silence and no updates.

If someone has an interest ....I would like to read their take on this April 16,2011 discussion. It is an old discussion but the same questions persist.

I took notes( i am sharing )after listening to the Levi Page radio program with policewoman Stacy Diettrich and profiler Pat Brown. I used a podcast app on my iPad to playback the program. I have only listened to the first five minutes. I will try to finish the broadcast soon.

There was agreement ....WHY?? Why was this initially reported as a home invasion? (agreed they need 911 call) Stacy,makes it clear a home invasion involves removing property from the scene. Stacy claims there is a fairly swift check executed by LE for missing property. So,it is a flag and raises concerns

The second 'real' problem ....both Stacy and Pat agreed on ..is the reporting of Holly being led into the woods (in what one assumes would include ...clutching her lunchbox).**They felt if Holly had sustained an injury it is improbable she would ...still have possession of her belonging's.

*(my comment)

Lunchbag was planted after the crime, imo. Isn't that what happened in the Sierra LaMar case? Her purse was put where it was found by the perp?

I'll add flip flops to your list. I can't imagine a girl walking those woods in flip flops and not losing one or even both especially in fear of her life. (dragged even).

The home invasion remains a mystery and I agree with the experts that something that was told to LE initially led them to classify this as a home invasion. Some say it was probably because of the location (carport attached to the house) so in theory it is a home invasion and Holly was abducted from the home. We don't know if anything else was taken. Any hunting equipment?

Does anyone have first hand knowledge from LE prescriptive that LE would ask the Bobo's not to speak to media?
If so, then that would explain the silence and no updates.

I don't have first hand knowledge but it happens in many cases where LE asks the family not to release what they know to avoid jeopardizing an investigation.

What I don't understand is some of this information is what I would consider crucial. Like the pink purse with the camera in it. What was wrong with releasing that info early on? I don't understand that part, to be quite honest.

*(my comment)

That second question has haunted me, too. She apparently dropped her coke she was carrying. Most people who carry a backpack sling it over one shoulder. I can't imagine her putting it fully over two shoulders if she were about to get in the car, as she would not drive with it on. So how and why did she carry a backpack, a purse, and a lunchbag into the woods? What possible motivation could there be for the perp to demand that she bring those things? Was it done to make the family think she had purposely left on her own? Would her car not be message enough that she didn't leave in the usual way? Nothing makes sense, because if you explain one behavior, something else negates that theory. I'm stumped!

Something certainly seems to have alienated LE and the Bobos. Wondering what.

I wonder if it's false hope? LE was only one step in solving this case and here we are 15 months later and nowhere close (as far as we know).

Interesting, however, is the pastor appears to have a lot more faith this case will be solved than many of us do.

Some ask well why even tell the public Clint was home or release info like blood and here's why i believe that the chaos and out of control stories involving Clint occurred....I believe that due to the fact that Karen literally flipped out in every sense of the word and i very much believe she desperately attempted to quickly involve EVERYONE TO GET HOLLY back RIGHT then, immediately before harm could be done to her(*note that with this theory It absolutely explains Karen Bobos immediate and hysterical reaction.. due to the fact that the family absolutely was very concerned in days/weeks leading up to the abduction that retaliation was in their opinion a very real possibility*)..i believe due to the fact that Karen and the Bobo's chose to quickly involve a wide majority of the community that morning that there was no way to retract the knowledge that Clint Bobo was home that morning.. that there was indeed blood at the property that we know a large amount of people saw with their own eyes...as well as IMO i find it "possible" that by some way the perp, or one of the perps somehow became aware that Clint was at home..

Those are all details that could not be retracted once such a very large majority were keenly aware of, especially having had many see with their own eyes blood by Holly's car(that we know per Dana people were all looking at and even walking over and checking it out themselves) ...so, you have all of these crucial details known by a large part of the community within less than an hour of her abduction...TBI arrives on the scene and quickly sees the magnitude of how many people now know such crucial details of the abduction...therefore they know they cannot claim suddenly that Clint was not there..nor could they attempt to say there was no blood when so many in the community had seen it with their own eyes..

So, IMO the confusing and wabbly accounts of that morning began to emerge as best as TBI could relay to the public given the crucial facts that so many knew FOR A FACT.. it proved to be quite a difficult task.. one that proved to be unbelievable to most of us and one that TBI knew could not be accurately and truthfully corrected and told due to the fact that in doing so it would compromise not only the case, and those they believe are responsible, as well as endanger the life of the only other Bobo child, Holly's brother, Clint... who IMO at minimum absolutely was eye witness to atleast some portion of his sisters violent abduction from their home/property ..and who knows to what actual extent that Clint was involved, or attempted at some point to become involved in aiding his sister being assaulted and/or dragged from the Bobo property..

All jmo, tho..

Has anyone else wondered why Holly would have a camera in her purse? Is it a clue? Did her phone have a camera?

Not sure at all why this is popping up in today's news.. my alert says It was posted today within the last 12 hours.. i also went to Google and typed Holly Bobo into the search box and this news article is also the first thing that pops up saying it was posted today. 12 hours ago.. strange..
http://www.wmctv.com/story/17031447/sheriff-evidence-found-in-holly-bobo-disappearance
Here's a quote from the article regarding the search at end of February(that doesn't appear to be updated today so still confused why its popping up as being posted today) ...i do believe there was significant evidence located in this search,. What? Is anyone's guess.. praying soon we'll have answers ..

"One mounted unit came from DeKalb County, AL, and the sheriff wrote a news release saying that they discovered "significant articles of evidence."

The sheriff wouldn't say what those items were and neither would the TBI.

The TBI was working in conjunction with the searchers, but said it was just a routine search. People who saw the search say it covered a large area from Yellow Springs to Bible Hill and many people said it didn't seem Iike a routine search.

Has anyone else wondered why Holly would have a camera in her purse? Is it a clue? Did her phone have a camera?

Strictly moo is that a large percentage of young adult females carry a camera with them religiously.. i believe in this last year and in the months leading up to Holly's abduction that the great strides made in the pixels and clarity of the cameras that are in smart phones this trend of having to carry a separate camera is phasing out due to the technology and convenience being more available having the all in one smart phones...so, Holly's having had her camera in her purse that morning was nothing out of the ordinary or unusual IMO.. but to be certain I assume only someone with knowledge of what exactly was Holly's usual habit in carrying her camera or not.. only someone with that specific knowledge would know for certain ..

I never heard any offical word about Holly having a camera.

Most people I know do not carry a camera but have a camera phone.

After the big mounted search articles did, indeed, say significant items were found BUT the next day other recaps of the search said significant items were NOT found and that earlier reports had omitted the word NOT.

I never heard any offical word about Holly having a camera.

Most people I know do not carry a camera but have a camera phone.

After the big mounted search articles did, indeed, say significant items were found BUT the next day other recaps of the search said significant items were NOT found and that earlier reports had omitted the word NOT.

Official word from her father. Thanks to Karen Anne for recording it!

TN RIVER SEARCH - JULY 2012 - HOLLY BOBO - YouTube

Another theory based on the latest developments in the Nicole Bennett case.

Nicole was allegedly murdered by a church worker....janitor/custodian who has a criminal record. Her accused murderer is a RSO.

Very sad case.

Nancy Grace was covering the case tonight and of course my immediate thought went to Holly. What if it was someone from the church with a criminal record and she knew too much?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/13/church-worker-accused-killing-mom-3

Strictly moo is that a large percentage of young adult females carry a camera with them religiously.. i believe in this last year and in the months leading up to Holly's abduction that the great strides made in the pixels and clarity of the cameras that are in smart phones this trend of having to carry a separate camera is phasing out due to the technology and convenience being more available having the all in one smart phones...so, Holly's having had her camera in her purse that morning was nothing out of the ordinary or unusual IMO.. but to be certain I assume only someone with knowledge of what exactly was Holly's usual habit in carrying her camera or not.. only someone with that specific knowledge would know for certain ..

Most young women I know carry a camera phone but I suppose if her cellphone didn't have a camera then the camera makes sense. I've never heard of anyone carrying both unless it is for a special event. Wedding, vacation, etc.

Most young women I know carry a camera phone but I suppose if her cellphone didn't have a camera then the camera makes sense. I've never heard of anyone carrying both unless it is for a special event. Wedding, vacation, etc.

Maybe she was low on memory on her phone? I don't know that much about camera phones but right now my memory is low and if I want to take a new picture I have to delete one first. :seeya:

I wonder how big this test was that Holly was going to take and possibly if the girls were going out after the test to celebrate! It is always a relief when you finish one and perhaps they had plans for the day and into the evening. Holly may have wanted to take a lot of pictures and so brought her camera with her.
If only she would have gotten that chance. :(

Some ask well why even tell the public Clint was home or release info like blood and here's why i believe that the chaos and out of control stories involving Clint occurred....I believe that due to the fact that Karen literally flipped out in every sense of the word and i very much believe she desperately attempted to quickly involve EVERYONE TO GET HOLLY back RIGHT then, immediately before harm could be done to her(*note that with this theory It absolutely explains Karen Bobos immediate and hysterical reaction.. due to the fact that the family absolutely was very concerned in days/weeks leading up to the abduction that retaliation was in their opinion a very real possibility*)..i believe due to the fact that Karen and the Bobo's chose to quickly involve a wide majority of the community that morning that there was no way to retract the knowledge that Clint Bobo was home that morning.. that there was indeed blood at the property that we know a large amount of people saw with their own eyes...as well as IMO i find it "possible" that by some way the perp, or one of the perps somehow became aware that Clint was at home..

Those are all details that could not be retracted once such a very large majority were keenly aware of, especially having had many see with their own eyes blood by Holly's car(that we know per Dana people were all looking at and even walking over and checking it out themselves) ...so, you have all of these crucial details known by a large part of the community within less than an hour of her abduction...TBI arrives on the scene and quickly sees the magnitude of how many people now know such crucial details of the abduction...therefore they know they cannot claim suddenly that Clint was not there..nor could they attempt to say there was no blood when so many in the community had seen it with their own eyes..

So, IMO the confusing and wabbly accounts of that morning began to emerge as best as TBI could relay to the public given the crucial facts that so many knew FOR A FACT.. it proved to be quite a difficult task.. one that proved to be unbelievable to most of us and one that TBI knew could not be accurately and truthfully corrected and told due to the fact that in doing so it would compromise not only the case, and those they believe are responsible, as well as endanger the life of the only other Bobo child, Holly's brother, Clint... who IMO at minimum absolutely was eye witness to atleast some portion of his sisters violent abduction from their home/property ..and who knows to what actual extent that Clint was involved, or attempted at some point to become involved in aiding his sister being assaulted and/or dragged from the Bobo property..

All jmo, tho..

BBM
Yep, I believe I know what you are referring to. I have no way to know if that is true, but I'm leaning toward the side that it is. Acutually I can think of two scenarios that would fall in line with your theory SmoothOperator. I know we can't discuss or link to it here though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752