TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden; believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another theory based on the latest developments in the Nicole Bennett case.

Nicole was allegedly murdered by a church worker....janitor/custodian who has a criminal record. Her accused murderer is a RSO.

Very sad case.

Nancy Grace was covering the case tonight and of course my immediate thought went to Holly. What if it was someone from the church with a criminal record and she knew too much?

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/07/13/church-worker-accused-killing-mom-3

Yeah could be and it wouldn't be the first time that has happened. Doesn't have to be someone with a criminal record either IMO. Or could be just a member of the church. I'm trying to make it fit with "this is not what it seems" statement, and something else I read a long time ago. It has to be classified as a rumor though, but I will say it fits your scenario pretty well, and was rumored to have been said by a member of LE. Not a high level spokesperson, but a member of LE that responded that morning and made a statement to a reporter in passing.

/Ask yourself what kind of things it would take to really shake up a small church going town and really shock it and divide it. Thats JMO.

*I was hesitant to post this and the mention of it being rumor and LE I thought it might be against the rules. Please report/delete if it is.

Jackson Sun wins top award in state contest

Reporters Lauren Foreman, Jordan Buie and Stanley Dunlap placed fourth in best news reporting for coverage of the Holly Bobo kidnapping.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/2...=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s&nclick_check=1

From the same article, I thought this was interesting and will look it up if it's still available online:

The Sun also won first place in investigative reporting for “Short on justice,” a project by Dan Morris, who recently retired as public service editor, with photos and video by Aaron Hardin. The two-part series examined Tennessee’s sentencing laws, which allow many criminals to serve no more than 30 percent of their prison sentences. The report showed the sentencing system is a source of frustration and anger for police, prosecutors and crime victims.

But according to later versions of the story Karen had Clint get a gun and go outside (at the same time the neighbor arrived) That seemingly contradicts the theory that Clint did anything else besides what he has attested to over the last year.

Oh, Lord, now I'm confused all over again. :(

I do think, though, that the changing of the description was to protect Clint's life.

If he gives a description that is a little different than the abductor, it's ok.

If he describes the abductor in public to a "T," I think his life is in danger, because the person who took her, knows that Clint knows exactly who he is.

It's just a thought.

At this point, I have come to realize what the true meaning of the phrase "all is not as it appears" means. <cross eyes>

Found part 1 and I'm only posting this because it coincides with the same time period Holly was abducted. The first thing that came to mind was Karen's request for President's help. Is this something she could have been referring to? Indirectly?

Woodall's office receives notices from the Department of Correction when inmates who were convicted in his district are about to be released. During a 30-day period in April and May, Woodall's office received 37 notifications.

The Jackson Sun reviewed the cases on each of those inmates and had adequate information to accurately determine the amount of time served on 28 of the prisoners. Among the newspaper's findings:

• Nine of the 28 inmates who have been released or are soon to be released served less than 40 percent of their prison sentences.

• Another two of the inmates served less than 50 percent of their sentences, and another three served less than 60 percent.

The newspaper also reviewed statistics from the Department of Correction on inmates released in April from the state prison in Whiteville in Hardeman County. Most of the 30 inmates who were released had been sentenced on similar charges, such as aggravated robbery, aggravated assault and the sale of drugs. The newspaper found that:

• Of the 18 prisoners released on parole, 13 served less than 40 percent of their sentences.

• Another two of those released on parole served less than 50 percent of their sentences.

• Of the 12 inmates released outright, one served less than 50 percent of his sentence, another two served less than 70 percent, while nine served more than 70 percent. The higher percentages of sentences served were mostly due to a lack of "good-time" credits for those nine inmates, said Dorinda Carter, spokeswoman for the Department of Correction.

more at the link.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20110724/NEWS27/107240342

Mods, if this is o/t please move to appropriate forum. Considering some of our fellow posters are from TN, I thought this would be interesting and also may shed some light to what the laws are in that State as it relates to Holly's case.

Frightening facts, imo

Has anyone else wondered why Holly would have a camera in her purse? Is it a clue? Did her phone have a camera?

It was their final exam. Maybe she wanted to take photos of her friends.

Oh, Lord, now I'm confused all over again. :(

I do think, though, that the changing of the description was to protect Clint's life.

If he gives a description that is a little different than the abductor, it's ok.

If he describes the abductor in public to a "T," I think his life is in danger, because the person who took her, knows that Clint knows exactly who he is.

It's just a thought.

At this point, I have come to realize what the true meaning of the phrase "all is not as it appears" means. <cross eyes>

It may also explain Karen's comment that we (the public) don't know the truth in Clint's defense. The problem is she's right we don't know but the only statements we can rely on are from Clint, the only eyewitness in this case. The ever changing versions of that morning are questionable and sleuthers, criminal profilers, body language experts all agree that there is something not right. If perhaps we did know the truth and Clint was not only trying to protect his sister but himself as well, then things start to make a lot more sense. Unfortunately, we can only go by what has been reported in MSM and what was told to us. Maybe it's time the truth be told.

Not sure at all why this is popping up in today's news.. my alert says It was posted today within the last 12 hours.. i also went to Google and typed Holly Bobo into the search box and this news article is also the first thing that pops up saying it was posted today. 12 hours ago.. strange..
http://www.wmctv.com/story/17031447/sheriff-evidence-found-in-holly-bobo-disappearance
Here's a quote from the article regarding the search at end of February(that doesn't appear to be updated today so still confused why its popping up as being posted today) ...i do believe there was significant evidence located in this search,. What? Is anyone's guess.. praying soon we'll have answers ..

I've had that happen to me several times, and it's so frustrating, because some articles aren't even dated. <scream>

This article was written on Feb 27, 2012

It was their final exam. Maybe she wanted to take photos of her friends.

Perhaps. I didn't know it was her final exam. Was that ever revealed? I know it was an important test and according to her classmate, if one misses it, the make up test is more difficult to pass but I don't recall anyone ever saying it was the final.

If it was, it makes sense that she would want to capture the moment. Like I said in my earlier post, people usually carry a camera when it's a special occasion.

Perhaps. I didn't know it was her final exam. Was that ever revealed? I know it was an important test and according to her classmate, if one misses it, the make up test is more difficult to pass but I don't recall anyone ever saying it was the final.

If it was, it makes sense that she would want to capture the moment. Like I said in my earlier post, people usually carry a camera when it's a special occasion.

My graduation was on May 9. Although her program was different from mine, thinking about it, April 13 seems too soon for a final. I heard it was their final.

So, it was either her final, or the exam before her final exam (meaning that she had 2 exams left.)

The nursing programs are standardized by The Board Of Nursing, in each state. From what I have seen, they are pretty much all the same.

If we missed our final exam, or if our average ever dropped below a B, we were automatically dropped from the nursing program.

When you are dropped from a nursing program, you have to apply to get in, all over again. When I was applying, there were over a thousand applicants, every semester, and only 400 slots available, so the only hope of being accepted, was to have a perfect 4.0 average; straight A's.

I never saw or heard of anyone being able to take a makeup exam, however, in a small area where she went to school, they may have made some sort of exception for an emergency.

You wear your regular clothes to school, and your uniform to your clinicals at the hospital. You have school certain days of the week, and your clinicals on other days. Some girls I went to school with wore flip flops and shorts to school, just like all the other college kids did.

You had to be on time for the exams; if you walk in late, you don't get to take it. So there could have been a couple of reasons that her friend cried that day. I have no idea. Just thought I'd shed a little light on the programs.

It may also explain Karen's comment that we (the public) don't know the truth in Clint's defense. The problem is she's right we don't know but the only statements we can rely on are from Clint, the only eyewitness in this case. The ever changing versions of that morning are questionable and sleuthers, criminal profilers, body language experts all agree that there is something not right. If perhaps we did know the truth and Clint was not only trying to protect his sister but himself as well, then things start to make a lot more sense. Unfortunately, we can only go by what has been reported in MSM and what was told to us. Maybe it's time the truth be told.

That's kinda what her Dad was saying at the lake (in a round about way.)

Either Karen or Whitney told us "You don't know the whole story."

(Boy is that an understatement.)

Agree and that's why I brought up the camera discussion. It may be nothing and she carried it in her purse all the time or it could be a clue considering Dana mentioned it after a year.

I'd like to believe it's nothing and I'm probably over analyzing but I'll take any piece of information availabe at this point that may help solve this case.

If it was for recreational purposes then nothing nefarious about that. If she had photos on her camera that may have been a threat to someone then it would definitely be a clue.

Hope I'm making sense. I have it thought out in my head but difficult to get across in writing. lol

It was Karen. I actually saw the article this morning and meant to link it ....

"I do kind of get in these panic attacks when I have to leave the house. Being out in public and thinking everybody is looking at me," she said.

Perhaps worst of all, Bobo said, are the vicious accusations against Holly's younger brother Clint Bobo.

"They don't know all the facts because, if they knew the facts, they would not be pointing the finger," Bobo said.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15591112/holly-bobos-family-expresses-frustration

Which then brought me back to the very first statement made at the press conference by Karen.

"Please help us find her, she's just so precious, you don't even know," said Karen Bobo.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14445690/family-pleads-for-help-finding-missing-decatur-co-woman

Agree and that's why I brought up the camera discussion. It may be nothing and she carried it in her purse all the time or it could be a clue considering Dana mentioned it after a year.

I'd like to believe it's nothing and I'm probably over analyzing but I'll take any piece of information availabe at this point that may help solve this case.

If it was for recreational purposes then nothing nefarious about that. If she had photos on her camera that may have been a threat to someone then it would definitely be a clue.
Hope I'm making sense. I have it thought out in my head but difficult to get across in writing. lol

BBM-Uh huh you are making sense. Maybe a home invasion to get the camera and then found that Holly had it with her. Then why take Holly unless it was to shut Clint up? JMO

In the April 16,2011 Levi Page podcast ..I listened to yesterday. Pat Brown,kept calling into question,"Why, did LE initially say Drew & Clint were not suspects"?
Her point being LE, does not in the very early stages of an investigation clear individuals....unless for example there is 'zero' *chance of their involvement i.e. they are in Spain. *So,as you point out perhaps....this was a home invasion-as initially reported.(my theory only)
MTO

Off topic....
My 7th anniversary (July 14,2005)with Websleuths today!! Thanks,to all who make it possible.
:fireworks:

I tried to look up the spring schedule at the college to see when the end of classes might have been but only see the summer and fall schedule.
I heard the weather isn't that good in Tn right now so hope that doesn't hamper the search.

Can one assume that if her pink purse and camera were found LE would have notified the family? Or do we assume they're still missing considering Holly's dad brought it up?

The reason I ask is this is the first time we hear about her purse and camera in a year. The lunchbag was found and that was confirmed. Rumours that her cellphone was found and also some of her school papers (not confirmed by family nor LE). I think since he didn't bring up the cellphone then perhaps the rumour is true and it was found.

So, her purse and camera still haven't been recovered. If the theory is the perp planted the found items, why would he have kept her purse and camera?

Can one assume that if her pink purse and camera were found LE would have notified the family? Or do we assume they're still missing considering Holly's dad brought it up?

The reason I ask is this is the first time we hear about her purse and camera in a year. The lunchbag was found and that was confirmed. Rumours that her cellphone was found and also some of her school papers (not confirmed by family nor LE). I think since he didn't bring up the cellphone then perhaps the rumour is true and it was found.

So, her purse and camera still haven't been recovered. If the theory is the perp planted the found items, why would he have kept her purse and camera?

Probably been watching too many crime movies but...maybe she took some incriminating photos of something. :escape:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd