DOB: 09-Oct-1960
Age LKA: 18
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Height: 64 inches (5 feet 4 inches)
Weight: 100 lbs.
Hair: Brown, Shoulder Length
Eye Color: Brown​

Circumstances of Disappearance
Staying with mother's brother and father's side of family. Went to a convenience store and never returned.​

Identifiers:
Dentals: Not Available (One canine tooth is capped)
DNA: Sample Submitted, Test Not Complete
Fingerprints: Not Available​

Contact Information:

Corporal Ryan Smith
rsmith@cityofmillvalley.org
Mill Valley Police Department, Mill Valley CA
Tel: (415) 389-4100
Case # MV12-642
Date Reported: May 31, 2012

Major Matt Burgess
mburgess@livingston.ny.us
Livingston County Sheriff, Geneseo NY
Tel: (727) 549-6067 x130
Case # CN1996-665
Date Reported: May 31, 2012​

Apparently, she is being looked at as a possible match to the 1979 Caledonia Jane Doe.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

Major Matt Burgess is the detective in charge of Cali's case, and it seems that there is no other reason why he would be listed as a contact for a New Mexico missing person case.

She somewhat fits the description of Cali and was last seen exactly three months before Cali's body was found. She would have been 19 years old at the time that Cali was found, and at 5'3", she is within an inch of Cali's height. Her eye color and hair description also match.

However, if the comment that one of O'Dina's canine teeth was capped is correct, then she wouldn't be Cali, as Cali had no caps on any of her teeth.

If anyone has any photos of O'Dina Lucero, or any additional details of the circumstances of her dissapearance, please post them here.

Also, if anyone can find out where she went to high school please let me know, as that might enable me to locate her photo in her high school yearbook.

I could find a Jeanette Lucero in the West Mesa HS (Albuquerque, NM) yearbook in 1974, but no one with the name O'Dina.

FYI, there were a lot of Lucero entries in NM and CA.

I wonder if she may have gone by her middle name?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if she may have gone by her middle name?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That's what I'm thinking, too.

I sure can't find anything about this girl, so if no one has done it yet, I'll put in a call to a librarian in Roswell to see what articles they might have archived. Maybe one of those articles will include a photo.

I'm not sure why the Mill Valley CA Police Dept is involved in her case, but if she lived there at some point, she didn't attend the local High School there (Tamalpais HS).

I called Tamalpais HS to see if she attended there. They don't have a transcript for her.

I also called the school district office in Roswell NM, but they were not willing to divulge any info on their students.

I have an old 1994 Nationwide telephone directory on CD, and I found 43 people in Roswell NM with the surname Lucero. I didn't think that Lucero was that common of a name, but apparently there are quite a few in Roswell.

I'm not sure why the Mill Valley CA Police Dept is involved in her case, but if she lived there at some point, she didn't attend the local High School there (Tamalpais HS).

I called Tamalpais HS to see if she attended there. They don't have a transcript for her.

I also called the school district office in Roswell NM, but they were not willing to divulge any info on their students.

I saw a Jeanette Lucero in a yearbook from Mission Viejo, CA. But that isn't anywhere near Mill Valley, CA.

I've called a librarian friend of mine in Roswell. Tomorrow she'll look to see if there is anything in their archives about this missing girl.

I saw a Jeanette Lucero in a yearbook from Mission Viejo, CA. But that isn't anywhere near Mill Valley, CA.

I've called a librarian friend of mine in Roswell. Tomorrow she'll look to see if there is anything in their archives about this missing girl.

You might want to ask your friend if they have any of the 1975-1978 yearbooks for the two local high schools in Roswell (Goddard HS and Roswell HS). Classmates.com doesn't have either of those schools' yearbooks for any of those years.

You might want to ask your friend if they have any of the 1975-1978 yearbooks for the two local high schools in Roswell (Goddard HS and Roswell HS). Classmates.com doesn't have either of those schools' yearbooks for any of those years.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll be sure and ask her about.

Unfortunately, my friend at the Roswell Library was unable to find anything about O'Dina Jeanette Lucero:

"I looked for her in Goddard HS year books from1976, 1977, 1979. She is not in them. We do not have copies of the Roswell High year books for those years. You may want to contact the Roswell Independent School District to see if they might have copies.

I also went though the paper from August 10, 1979 – August 31, 1979 and there are no articles about a missing person in them."

Sorry this didn't lead to anything helpful.

I just received a call from the Mill Valley PD. The detective indicated that O'Dina had no personal connection to Mill Valley. Apparently, there is a relative of hers who now lives in Mill Valley, and Major Burgess (of the Livingston County NY Sheriff) asked them to contact and interview that person and report back to him.

So was O'Dina ever submitted or ruled out as a possible for Cali?

I don't see her as a rule out at NamUs but maybe somebody has personal notes?

I sure wish there was a picture of O'Dina.

CarlK, Is the capped tooth comment something that was told to you by phone or is there a site that discusses it? I only ask because NamUs has her as no dentals available, but that does not mean no information could be provided either. Not doubting you, of course, just trying to clarify. Thank you. :)

I have an old 1994 Nationwide telephone directory on CD, and I found 43 people in Roswell NM with the surname Lucero. I didn't think that Lucero was that common of a name, but apparently there are quite a few in Roswell.

Lucero is common Hispanic surname in New Mexico.

Laughing

CarlK, Is the capped tooth comment something that was told to you by phone or is there a site that discusses it? I only ask because NamUs has her as no dentals available, but that does not mean no information could be provided either. Not doubting you, of course, just trying to clarify. Thank you. :)
Bumping :)

O'Dina Lucero NamUs profile - DNA Status: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

Would be nice if they could get a photo of her

Her NamUs casefile was created by Major Burgess of the Livingston County Sheriff (i.e., the detective in charge of Cali's case).

So O'Dina is definitely on their radar as a possible match to Cali. I don't know though if she has been officially ruled out though. She is not on Cali's rule-out list.

The capped tooth is mentioned in the "Physical / Medical" section of her NamUs page:

Other Distinctive Physical Characteristics: One canine tooth is capped

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/15070/5

Apparently, she is being looked at as a possible match to the 1979 Caledonia Jane Doe.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1ufny.html

Major Matt Burgess is the detective in charge of Cali's case, and it seems that there is no other reason why he would be listed as a contact for a New Mexico missing person case.

She somewhat fits the description of Cali and was last seen exactly three months before Cali's body was found. She would have been 19 years old at the time that Cali was found, and at 5'3", she is within an inch of Cali's height. Her eye color and hair description also match.

However, if the comment that one of O'Dina's canine teeth was capped is correct, then she wouldn't be Cali, as Cali had no caps on any of her teeth.

If anyone has any photos of O'Dina Lucero, or any additional details of the circumstances of her dissapearance, please post them here.

Also, if anyone can find out where she went to high school please let me know, as that might enable me to locate her photo in her high school yearbook.
I have pictures of her

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back