LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the reason would be to remove the grips....maybe he did have the bike for some time and was thinking it would look like a diff bike without the grips. If it were to remove fingerprints ..why not just wipe them down and throw the whole bike in water?

I guess what has led me to believe it was a crime of opportunity is that it would be much easier (I think) to abduct someone on foot. There are plenty of young women around that time of night, many intoxicated and not fully aware of their surroundings, that would be an easier target. Why not follow and grab one of these girls on their way into their home?

Intentionally hitting a bike rider for an abduction takes a lot if risk. It could draw unwanted attention, you could be seen exiting your vehicle, there could be an undetermined amount of time to retrieve the bike and victim, you would have to control the victim while you fooled with the bike, the victim would at least suffer some injury and may bleed leaving DNA in your vehicle. It is just so unpredictable knowing where the victim and bike will both end up and knowing how much force to use for the desired result.

If this was not an accident then I think it had to just be an uncontrollable impulse to grab her by any means possible.

This all keeps me believing that it was not preplanned and he probably had to make some quick decisions on how he would cover his tracks.

I've felt all along that this was a crime of opportunity. He may not have been driving around looking for a victim, but took advantage of the opportunity when he saw Mickey on her bike.

I'm curious to know more about BSL's other property in Duson. Does anyone have a link to more information on this? For the sake of sleuthers not familiar with the area, here is a google map showing location and distance between Duson and Church Point. Also, keeping in my mind the fact that Mickey worked at an equestrian centre in Duson http://www.willowoakseq.com/ and add to that, the missing 15 year old from Duson,Keiosha Marie Felix (who disappeared April 30th) http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/07/duson-teen-considered-endangered-runaway/#.UARoufX2Cn-

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=duson...a=X&ei=e2cEUNnRBuHK2AX5pKi6BQ&ved=0CE4Q_AUoAg

Wonder what the reason would be to remove the grips....maybe he did have the bike for some time and was thinking it would look like a diff bike without the grips. If it were to remove fingerprints ..why not just wipe them down and throw the whole bike in water?

Mr Shunick believes he did not dump the bike until AFTER MS was reported missing with the description of the handle grips. BSL removed them and tossed them in the water hoping they would float away but they did not!

He did it in hopes of delaying and ID on the bike.

Still not sure if he threw bike in the water or on a pile of junk...
It's been reported both ways!

My thought was IF BSL used a heat gun to remove handles bars he may have left an IMPRINT of a finger print in the plastic! Water won't destroy that.

A poster up thread mentioned that BSL seems to use fire/arson as a good method of disposal........this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth as to what happened to MS.....sorry, I just hate saying that!!!! Please God, don't let that be it!!! Just bring her home!!!:((

"Tom Shunick could not shake one detail from his mind: the fact that the gold handlebar grips were found floating separately."

"Tom Shunick recalls installing the grips, saying he "fought and greased" the gold grips but could not get them all the way on the handlebars. Mickey Shunick purchased another set, but try as they might, Tom Shunick and his son, Zack Shunick, could not remove the first set of grips."

"Tom Shunick could not believe the gold grips had been removed from the bike without being cut, he said"

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/arti...eks-later-still-questions-Mickey-Shunick-case

Sounds like BSL had to use a heat gun or something to get them off!

This statement from Mr Shunick made me sad that he destroyed Mickey's bike and asked myself why he would do that. I thought that the perp didn't want the gold grips to be associated with the bike since the media had provided such a good description specifically mentioning the grips. I also thought that the perp dumped the bike after seeing all the posters and media information, and not before, like LE suspected (JMO).
Now that BSL is a suspect, I'm thinking that a mechanic would have ready access to an air compressor for easy removal. Again, JMO.

Video: How to Replace Bike Grips with an Air Compressor:

http://www.ehow.com/video_4975577_replace-bike-grips.html

I'm curious to know more about BSL's other property in Duson. Does anyone have a link to more information on this? For the sake of sleuthers not familiar with the area, here is a google map showing location and distance between Duson and Church Point. Also, keeping in my mind the fact that Mickey worked at an equestrian centre in Duson http://www.willowoakseq.com/ and add to that, the missing 15 year old from Duson,Keiosha Marie Felix (who disappeared April 30th) http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/2012/07/duson-teen-considered-endangered-runaway/#.UARoufX2Cn-

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=duson...a=X&ei=e2cEUNnRBuHK2AX5pKi6BQ&ved=0CE4Q_AUoAg

If she worked at this equestrian center, how did she get to work so far away with only a bicycle?

If he went to so much trouble to remove the grips so as to not identify the bike...why on earth leave them there where he left the bike? I'm not so sure that was the reason...maybe he got blood on them or something...who knows. Or maybe that info was wrongly given to Mr. Shunick, about them "floating". Things do get mixed up in the telling.

Mr Shunick believes he did not dump the bike until AFTER MS was reported missing with the description of the handle grips. BSL removed them and tossed them in the water hoping they would float away but they did not!

He did it in hopes of delaying and ID on the bike.

Still not sure if he threw bike in the water or on a pile of junk...
It's been reported both ways!

My thought was IF BSL used a heat gun to remove handles bars he may have left an IMPRINT of a finger print in the plastic! Water won't destroy that.

BBM.

I'm glad you brought this up. LE has stated since they found the bike that they believe it was dumped the morning she went missing. However, removing the hand grips and dumping the bike after the bike was described in the media is much more in keeping with BSL's other actions. The truck wasn't reported stolen and then burned until after those pictures of it were released.

He seems to be very reactive, not so much proactive.

This makes me think he did not go to WB right after abducting Mickey. He probably wouldn't have had the equipment in the truck to remove the grips. Wonder when the bike was put in WB?

A poster up thread mentioned that BSL seems to use fire/arson as a good method of disposal........this leaves a very bad taste in my mouth as to what happened to MS.....sorry, I just hate saying that!!!! Please God, don't let that be it!!! Just bring her home!!!:((
Even when a body is cremated, there are remains. If that were the case, LE would have found Mickey's remains (ashes, bone fragments) at the scene of the truck fire. I don't know if they did or not.

They stated that the truck was badly burnt but they did not find a gps or human remains in the truck. I read the article on here yesterday but i don't know how to do a link..sorry

Even when a body is cremated, there are remains. If that were the case, LE would have found Mickey's remains (ashes, bone fragments) at the scene of the truck fire. I don't if they did or not.

He wouldn't have taken her to TX, IMO, since he was claiming the truck was stolen. He couldn't very well explain remains possibly being found in the truck and eventually being identified as Mickey's, since he did not report the truck stolen until well after she was taken. She is unlikely to be anywhere near TX, IMO.

This has prolly be mentioned before, but I wonder if MS kept a knife in her little leather bag and noticed she was being stalked and had pulled it out. Curious if all his wounds were on the right side...and happened within the truck?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkSXYKaDh4"]How To Remove/Install Bike Handlebar Grips - YouTube[/ame]

How To Remove/Install Bike Handlebar Grips

He wouldn't have taken her to TX, IMO, since he was claiming the truck was stolen. He couldn't very well explain remains possibly being found in the truck and eventually being identified as Mickey's, since he did not report the truck stolen until well after she was taken. She is unlikely to be anywhere near TX, IMO.

I agree. And he didn't report the truck stolen/burn it until LE released those pictures saying they were looking for it.

As time goes on, I'm thinking more and more that Mickey was disposed of before the bike was dropped at Whiskey Bay, and that the bike being dropped at WB was a reaction to the description of it being released. But who knows, LE's first statement could be right, and dropping the bike the morning she was abducted could be the one pro-active disposal of evidence/cover up he completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member