IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for updates - I don't get HLN either darn it!

size 9 purple flip-flops. believe had diamonds across the top, that go over the foot. That's the only shoe missing right now.

Mom saw her in a bright green shirt, not sure what she wore after that. Elizibeth has black high-tops w/ pink on them.

lyric was in pj's when mom left. bright Green shirt pjs. not sure what clothing.

purple flipflops, size 9, diamonds across the top.

elizabeth had white shirt, black shoes, with pink.

clothing.....Lyric purple flip flops missing, saw her in bright green shirt before she left the house. Elizabeth was wearing white shirt?

View attachment 24574

To the locals:
Is there anyway to walk or ride a bike thru the wooded area where S Evans Rd meets Arbutus Ave to get to the lake path (circled in red)?

Yes, if I remember correctly, you can turn off there but I'll go drive by and check for sure. We usually keep straight in order to head back home when we bike that path.

Agreed, liltexans. Evansdale is a suburb of Waterloo, and the towns are literally right next to each other. Elk Run Heights is another suburb of Waterloo (or a suburb of Evansdale, depending who you talk to). Waterloo comprises the zip codes of 50701, 50702, 50703, 50704 (which is largely PO Boxes). The number of RSO in these areas is frankly quite scary.

Another thought... during Sunday's volunteer search, the team leaders were requesting a pickup of volunteers in the 5000 block of Gilbertville Road. This area is very close to the community of Gilbertville (only 1 RSO there, I believe). Why stop just before the Gilbertville city limits? :waitasec:

The 5000 block of gilbertville, if I am correct is near the the sand and gravel site, it also has wooded area.

I'd be willing to be verified as well. Watching this one closely. The last time I remember a missing child case in Evansdale (20+ years ago), it didn't end well., I'm praying that this will turn out much better.

Ollipop, Nikkiw319-- if the girls did indeed ride their bikes to the lake, what route do you think they would have taken- Riverforest or Evans? If they would have ridden down Evans, they would have likely passed Fareway (a local grocery store) and as busy as the store is, I would have thought that someone would have seen two kids on bikes while entering or leaving the Fareway parking lot. Wonder if receipts could be pulled from Friday, during a specific time frame.

And, as much as I'm a little wary of the possible findings in the lake, hopefully something more will be found (shoes, clothing, etc.)

My guess would be Evans but i say that because th road isn't as busy and that's the route I would take. They could have also gotten on the trail. Do you remember the name of the last missing child? I would have still been a child myself then but i have lived here my entire life and now I'm a little interested.

JVM says bikes found on a DIRT path.

New info, or error?

I'm wondering if the path out to the south Evans/arbutus is dirt. I'm going to go check.

This mother is acting like her daughter is casually missing!!!! I don't get it!!!

Parents took polygraph. Were at extensive interview with LE from 12pm to 11pm.

Edit Dad taking his later...

Not sure what to make of Misty.....she is actually smiling at times.....the father looks much more distressed than her....says they took poly

Not that it couldn't be a red flag too but it could also be a sign of nervousness. My brother smiles when he's nervous...he's done it at the oddest times too.

lyric was in pj's when mom left. bright Green shirt pjs. not sure what clothing.

purple flipflops, size 9, diamonds across the top.

elizabeth had white shirt, black shoes, with pink.

Given how very important it is to know what the girls were wearing when they went missing, I am amazed that we are just now learning this. At today's presser, when asked, LE said they were not aware of what the girls were wearing. Jane got the info pretty easily. Wonder what that is all about?

Bottom line: I hope this info gets out to whoever needs it for searching purposes!

I am very much like her mother, so I have to stick up for her on the smiling and calmness. I laugh at funerals and rarely cry in ANY situation. I have lost many friends and family w/out shedding tears b/c I go into a shock mode very quickly and stay in it for a very long time and only let it out when I'm alone.

Sometimes people who are smiling in times of tragedy are hurting the worst.

tammy, misty's sister aunt of both girls now on. she's the one who taught "stranger danger" to lyric

Every parent has acted differently when a child has disappeared. Maybe this is just her personality type (and her sister's as well). I'd been a lot more concerned if I her "fake" crying.

11:30AM last time seen!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT?????

when they search at 2:45, stopped at meyer's lake, told mom (grandma) to drive into meyer's lake. Aunt started asking random strangers if they seen the girls. One man stepped forward and said he saw them "going east on the bike trail". Doesn't know if this man is a person of interest. Girls did travel along lake and ended up by 380. <---synopsis of what aunt said

WOW

Aunt? says while they were out searching, some man told them he saw them going east at 2:30pm. police have this man's name.

timelines are very different than prior
Aunt said 1130 was the last time the grandmother saw them, she drove with the grandmother and girl's brother searching for them at 245PM!

Parents took polygraph. Were at extensive interview with LE from 12pm to 11pm.

Edit Dad taking his later...

Did they specify if all 4 parents were at this long interview or just Lyric's mom and dad? Thanks!

Didnt get it all, but there was some mention by the aunt of someone actually seeing the girls at 2:30? Hope they come back to that topic after the break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels