IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were initially told they were last seen at Lederman's at 12:15
We assumed that sighting was by grandma because the Collin's house is right there.
Now they are saying grandma last saw them at 11:30.

We were initially told the grandma looked for them from 2 - 3 and then called LE at 3.
Now they say they went to the lake at about 2:45 and asked people if they saw the girls and a man said he saw them at about 2:30 (15 mins prior).

The bikes were found sometime between 3:30 and 4 I believe.

Thanks for the play by play everyone.
Since I was not able to watch it - was it Misty & Dan Morrissey and the aunt - Heather Collins? Or a different aunt?

Who went looking at the lake at 2:45? Grandma and Misty (Lyric's mom) and brother?

So the man at the lake had just seen them 15 minutes prior??? Wow!

it was misty and dan then misty and aunt tammy (misty's sister)

Was little boy fishing. Boy said he had not seen the girls.

We assumed that sighting was by grandma because the Collin's house is right there.

We were initially told the grandma looked for them from 2 - 3 and then called LE at 3.
Now they say they went to the lake at about 2:45 and asked people if they saw the girls and a man said he saw them at about 2:30 (15 mins prior).

And don't forget the fishing boy who says he didn't see the girls.

That's the same timeline I come up with :banghead: They don't know if the man was telling the truth (not sure why they would doubt him???)....

It was my understanding from previous reports that the grandmother initiated her own search around 2:00pm. Therefore it would seem the 2:30pm statement would be more like someone having seen them earlier - such as someone who grandmother or family talked to at 2:30pm?

I missed part of JVM's program. Was it clarified that the 12:15pm last sighting was in error or was it just the grandmother who hadn't seen them since 11:30am?

:waitasec:

MOO

From what I heard the Grandma last saw them at 11:30.

it was misty and dan then misty and aunt tammy (misty's sister)

Thank you for clarifying. I thought it was Elizabeth's mom Heather Collins. So how does "Tammy" have all the facts.

I have a weird feeling about all of this. And I thought Lyric's parents were not together - but they were holding hands on this show? Hmmm.

The 5000 block of gilbertville, if I am correct is near the the sand and gravel site, it also has wooded area.

I double checked on that one-- the BMC plant is closer to the 3600 block of Gilbertville Road. The 5000 block is a stone's throw from Gilbertville.

My guess would be Evans but i say that because th road isn't as busy and that's the route I would take. They could have also gotten on the trail. Do you remember the name of the last missing child? I would have still been a child myself then but i have lived here my entire life and now I'm a little interested.

I can't remember the name.. but it was at least 20 years ago. It was a younger boy, I doubt more than 5 years old. The Evansdale PD did a door to door search then too, ended up finding the boy in his own home. It was either the boy's father or stepfather that killed him, placed the body in an large igloo cooler in the basement. Shortly thereafter, the house was demo'ed. It was on Central, across from Hootchies. At one point, the house that the boy was murdered in was the Evansdale Funeral Home.

I spent many formative years in Evansdale-- my grandparents lived on Grand. Still live close.

From what I heard the Grandma last saw them at 11:30.

Right. That is what I understand now also. My question is the 12:15pm sighting erroneous at this point, or was it by someone other than the grandmother?

lake drain has been reported to be between 2-4 days depending on what media outlet was reporting.

I think LE said it would be quicker due to the low water level in the river (ie: 2 vs 4)

it has been reported at three inches per hour per links upstream

bikes were "laying neatly" and purse was "set down", not thrown. No sign of struggle.

Police processing bikes looking for finger prints & dna.

I thought the family said they had not actually seen the bikes. If they didn't see the bikes, I wouldn't think they saw the purse so how would they know the bikes were laying neatly and the purse was set down? Did LE say before that the purse was thrown over the fence or is that something that was reported in the media? I can't remember.

The mom is so relaxed. The Dad should take a polygraph..JMO

Other family members took polys on different days. Maybe the person doing the polys is only able to do so many in a day and has scheduled Lyric's dad for a different day.

They could have last been seen at Lederman's at 12:15 by someone else, with Grandma herself last seeing them at 11:30. If Grandma is looking for the girls between 2:00 and 3:00 and Grandma and the aunt are looking at the lake at 2:45, it still fits that LE could have been called at 3:00.

Thank you for clarifying. I thought it was Elizabeth's mom Heather Collins. So how does "Tammy" have all the facts.

I have a weird feeling about all of this. And I thought Lyric's parents were not together - but they were holding hands on this show? Hmmm.

It sounded like Aunt Tammy got in the car with the grandmother and one of the girls brother to go look for them...
she did not say what the mother's were doing at that time...maybe staying close to home and making phone calls?

FB says Lyric's mother is single, yes they were holding hands, appeared to be supportive of each other in the circumstances...

they did think of the lake awful quick w/o knowing the bikes were there. Not sleuthing the family, just curious as to why they thought of the lake.

If Grandma last saw them at 11:30 and if someone saw Elizabeth and Lyric at 2:30, they would have been gone on their bikes for three hours. I have to wonder about an 8 yr old and a 10 yr old being gone for three hours on a bike ride.

The mothers say they never go far from home and never more than 20 to 30 minutes. This is an article somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy