Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
uuuuummmmm...the business she worked for may relate to something foul???? just like what got GBC in trouble in the first place?

dont forget this is gossip, rumour, and maybe wildly inaccurate

I wonder if it's what I'm thinking?? Hmmm, I'd write it but... is it a PA for something that has the letters 'oth' in the middle of it?

Can someone please clarify for me, because I'm not very iphone savvy. When you refer to a "ping"does this mean a recognition of a particular phone being in a particular area and at a particular time. I know my phone (HTC) on it's "home page" changes the name of the suburb I'm in as I move around. If that data is able to be collected, I would imagine it would be enormous material for prosecution.

Yep the pings give the location of the phone, from tower to tower, latitude & longitude all with time/date...here's an example of one sheet with the info on it from the Casey Anthony trial in US last year.

1695097.jpg

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/1695097/HFTM-Casey-Anthony-Cell-Phone-Log-Analysis-June-15th-June-16th

Also...this page shows calls/texts made to other phones, includes copies of the actual text messages....scroll down to around page 11...

http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/files/ocso_text_messages_from_casey_to_brown.pdf

Can someone please clarify for me, because I'm not very iphone savvy. When you refer to a "ping"does this mean a recognition of a particular phone being in a particular area and at a particular time. I know my phone (HTC) on it's "home page" changes the name of the suburb I'm in as I move around. If that data is able to be collected, I would imagine it would be enormous material for prosecution.

Hi CouchCop :)

Two different things happening there. Your phone is simply putting up the name of the cell to which it is connected. On many phones, that is an option. Many of the older non-smart phones used to have it - it is quite handy especially when away from home turf.

What is meant by a 'ping' is when two computers (or a phone and a cell tower) are communicating. One sends a "ping" signal to the other, which then responds with a 'pong'. You can do it on your computer too. You can 'ping' a domain (eg google.com) and check the round trip time for your ping to be answered.

The phones will ping the cell towers at regular intervals, and/or the towers will ping the phones too. It's called a handshaking protocol, and is the means by which the cellular network knows where you are so when somebody calls you, for example, the network knows where to send the ring signal. I guess you'd call that the "ring ping"... ;)

So, the pings are used to track the phones as they switch from cell to cell (tower to tower). In addition to that, the newer generation smartphones - like the iPhone - also use "location services" based in the phone itself. It will triangulate its own position from cell towers if more than one is "visible" to the phone (that's how it can tell your location so accurately even indoors), plus if you're outdoors, iPhones (and others) also have GPS receivers. These will increase the accuracy of the location finding.

I should point out that GPS receivers are just that - receivers. They receive the very tiny signals from the satellites, but they don't need to transmit anything. They get their positioning information by measuring the time delay from when the signal is sent (it's encoded in the signal) and when it is received. With that happening from multiple satellites (up to 12 at a time), accuracy can be to within a couple of metres.

Hope all that gobbledygook makes sense... :rocker:

EDIT: Marlywings beat me to it, in a much more concise explanation! ;)

the bodies of the cairns couple were found tonight:( off Copperlode Dam Road I think...it i s awful how little some people value human life.....a car and maybe $20,000 was all it took to kill two people

Greed is a terrible thing.

another innocent pretty women killed by another selfserving , probably arrogant, husband WTF just my opinion until found GUILTY

Good evening guys...just catching up on the posts so forgive me if I'm interrupting some amazing discussion :)

Off Topic: Yes, Corryn Rainey. Another lovely lady killed by another selfish husband In My Opinion.

I had face to face contact with Lloyd about 3 months after his wife's murder. I was working in Officeworks (stationery store) at the time and asked him if he needed any assistance.

I recognised him and I had always thought he looked extremely cold from the press photos I'd seen of him...but when I spoke to him in the store, the thing that sent a chill up my spine was how 'dead' his eyes and face were.

There was no expression of any kind whatsoever - even people who are in shock or dazed by some traumatic event have an expression in their eyes, in their face - there's something going on there.

But this guy was hiding behind a static 'mask' and it was definitely creepy to behold.

Thankyou, carry on!
:seeya:

Nite All sleep tite and don't let the bed bugs bite!

Sorry,didnt say it right.I know what a bayleaf is ,but I don't get it ?

I think it's because we were relating people's usernames to a type of food, so Bayside became Bayleaf... I think that was it. :)

Way behind as usual, so just a quick post and then i will continue to catch up.

If there are other family members involved do these people not have ANY moral fibre.
I mean i love my family and i love my kids A LOT, But if anyone of them phoned me to help them conceal a crime, a murder there is no way in hell i would help with them. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH.

anyway as you were....

Way behind as usual, so just a quick post and then i will continue to catch up.

If there are other family members involved do these people not have ANY moral fibre.
I mean i love my family and i love my kids A LOT, But if anyone of them phoned me to help them conceal a crime, a murder there is no way in hell i would help with them. AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH.

anyway as you were....

Yep, I think we all have a problem with that. Frustrating, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304