LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is done is done and we cant rewind time and undo what this evil person has done to Mickey, Lisa and probably more women (while he was free) in his lifetime but Thank God, Mickey had the courage and bravery to fight back and leave her mark so he could be caught and locked up like the animal he is. I had my doubts at first about this being his first but over the past two weeks that opinion has changed, I would like to know if he could be responsible now for the girls that have been missing from here in Conroe and spring which is where his alleged sister lives (correct) Conroe is about 10 minutes away. Scary scary thought. RIP Mickey baby and Lisa may your families began the healing process.

And thank goodness for the Shunick family (especially Charlene) and Mickey's friends (as well as all of Acadiana) for not letting Mickey's case be written off as a runaway case & demanding media attention. You messed up big time when you chose Mickey Shunick as your victim, Brandon Scott Lavergne. Big time.

Same here. Does anyone know much about that case? I wonder why they couldn't seem to pin it on him the first time when he was a POI? They must have found her ID or belongings or something inside of his house when they got a warrant for Mickey. I wonder if there were more then 2 IDs found and if they are waiting to indict/still gathering evidence for other crimes.

How prevalent were DNA testing/databases in 1999? Is it possible that at the time DNA was not available to charge him, but in this day and age it is???

No kidding. Even though this is exactly what we wanted and expected to hear today, it still takes your breath away. Can't begin to imagine the shock and pain in the schunick family right now. Thoughts and prayers.

Crying over here too. My heart goes out to the shunick and pate family. I will not be surprised to learn that he has taken more women in the last four years.

Hey bsl, thanks for keepin those id's. They are gonna help the prosecution put you away forever.

http://fightforjustice.blogspot.com/2005/12/roger- l-depue.html
Roger L. Depue “Between Good and Evil” Author & Retired FBI BAU Profiler:

My job has been to try to stop human predators before they kill again, and after studying them so closely over so many years, to me their traits seem clearly recognizable.
Evil is more than a vague notion. It is an entity, and it is manifest on the earth. It has reflexes and intuition, senses vulnerability, and changes its form to adapt to its surroundings. Those who do not believe the Devil walks this earth have not seen the things that I have seen.
Evil is not a discrete entity that springs forth fully formed. It is born in the mind, takes root there as fantasy, and prospers when normal human restraint can no longer contain it. I have seen it devour the personalities of men like Richard Speck, Jeffrey Dahmer, and Ted Bundy, turning them into blank-faced sociopaths who clearly know right from wrong, but choose, time and again, to follow their own base urges, with complete disregard for the terrible human suffering they cause.

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance.
But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.

Makes me really want to know what he torched with the truck!!!!

Does this article have a link?

I haven't been able to find a good link orginal article from the Advocate (Baton Rouge paper) but someone linked it here from a google group which I'm not sure is allowed...I'm really trying to find a legit link. Some of those victims were DTL's.

I'd like to know HOW Lisa Pate died.... Stabbed, strangled, what?

I'm not sure if LE even knows how because all they found were her bones under some boards which indicated that her body was attempted to be hidden which points fingers towards a homicide happening. I want to know the circumstances of when she "disappeared". Was she out in public? Taken out of her home? Abducted off the street? Maybe she was riding a bike too? Did he know Lisa Pate, did he stalk her and plan it out or did he "turn violent" and then decide to kill her?

Assuming that all they found were bones, it is probably unlikely they were able to determine a a cause of death. JMO

Agreed. A few months went by before her body was discovered. Lisa was from Lafayette, right?

Checked the advertisers archives online but they just go back to 1999.

There's something sticking out of he bottom side of one of the bags...I can't make it out...

There is. It isn't part of the LEO's pants because some of the evidence bag is visible behind the object. it looks like part of a tube, nozzle, gun barrel or something like that.

I bet he left court in an orange suit smeared with brown...I'm sure there's more too! This guy is a monster! I'm certain we've just begun with this psycho...the dirt will continue to come out!!!

BSL wasn't in court today. It was a Grand Jury hearing and he wasn't invited.

All very good points. I didn't know that it was only the bones found. I thought it might have been a decomposing body or something.

BSL is interesting because Lisa Pate is the mother of 3, and in her 30s, while Mickey is a single, child less, college student.
I'm not sure of Lisa's appearance but those are two very different MOs....

Holy smokes!!! How many more are there??? I felt there had to be more, lets just pray LE can now put many more puzzle pieces together for other families!
WOW just WOW!:notgood:

Prayers got out to Mickey's family, praying justice will be swift. May Mickey be found.:rose:

I bet my hubby's Harley that Danielle Thibodeaux is one of his victims...she was found the same way as Lisa Pate...Danielle was found in St. Martin Parish & was from Breaux Bridge.

I told someone the other day, he had a "Bundy" mentality...does anyone see it now? How about Jeff Dahmer? John Wayne Gacy, Ed Gein, & Albert Desalvo also kept "trinkets" so they could re-live the "high" over and over. Dahmer kept the skulls to "pleasure" himself; Desalvo took many tiny things (stockings, brooches, jewelry, etc.) things that were just small enough to go missing. Gein used his victims and made a chair, lampshade, and I think an end table out of them. Think Texas Chainsaw Massacre (late 70s original, Leatherface) that's based on Gein.

My heart aches for these families and I pray for peace for them all. I just hope that he'll get diarrhea of the mouth and talk about Mickey. Her family needs to have closure. It's not fair that this *advertiser censored* gets fed, clothes, and what not & her family is tormented with not knowing where she is. I think Louisiana needs to take look at the Arizona jailing system with Sheriff Joe...make 'em live in tents and eat boloney sandwiches & Kool-aid.

Again I felt he had done this before he was convicted and I'm glad to see his been charged for it. There are ALOT more victims though! And the thought of bsl having control and Probally laughing that they are no way close to what he has done makes me sick! Although he will spend the rest of his life or get the death penalty his still has control of the situation it makes me absolutely sick!

I have friends who say they worked with Pate, knew Pate, etc. I'll see if I can find out more on the circumstances of her disappearance and eventual death.

Has anyone found an article about the two girls in Acadia Parish who were found in a burned house but it was determined that they died before the fire.

Also, who went missing about a year ago when his house burned down? He may be a pyro but I think there was a reason he torched his own home.

How prevalent were DNA testing/databases in 1999? Is it possible that at the time DNA was not available to charge him, but in this day and age it is???

Could be possible that DNA testing wasn't too good in '99. Also maybe his DNA wasn't being cross checked with any other DNA databases since then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23