LA - ***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember awhile ago up thread somewhere that someone posted about missing girls in Texas from April and May of 2010 from Spring, Porter, Katy and a few other near by locations. Can someone direct me to that again? There was even a chart with the girls faces, dates and cities on it? I sure would like to see that again. TIA

Wow, with the GJ hearing said and done and the additional murder 1 charge from '99 out there, I would certainly like to know more about BSL and his reasoning. He is a sick man, deserving of the death penalty if found guilty. To think that the state had him locked up as a sexual offender for 10 years and let him go after 8 says alot to me.

http://www.crowleytoday.com/view/fu...rgne-s-violent-nature?instance=home_news_lead

He was obviously manipulative enough to fool the prison psychologists that he reported to. He has no "conscience" obviously and is an evil man.

So, now that he has been indicted for two counts of murder, will they use one murder, possibly the Pate murder, as a bargaining chip to get an admission and location of Mickey? Failing in that, do they try the cases separately? together? Do they drop one and only try the one with strongest evidence?? Any thoughts?

All very good points. I didn't know that it was only the bones found. I thought it might have been a decomposing body or something.

BSL is interesting because Lisa Pate is the mother of 3, and in her 30s, while Mickey is a single, child less, college student.
I'm not sure of Lisa's appearance but those are two very different MOs....

I don't think he had stalked them beforehand and knew their age or whether or not they had kids. I think they were vulnerable and he took advantage of that.

All very good points. I didn't know that it was only the bones found. I thought it might have been a decomposing body or something.

BSL is interesting because Lisa Pate is the mother of 3, and in her 30s, while Mickey is a single, child less, college student.
I'm not sure of Lisa's appearance but those are two very different MOs....

Lisa's picture on the news station's Facebook page- she was beautiful. She was 34 or 35 when she was killed, BSL was only 20 in 1999.

I don't think BSL necessarily had a "type" as far as age was concerned (maybe not with other attributes either, we don't know enough about Lisa yet). I think his type is just "female" and perhaps "female and vulnerable/alone/kind/trusting/etc." I don't think for example, it was early 20s-aged girls or something. When I was 20, I thought 35 was OLD. Surely BSL did as well, but he didn't care. He just wanted to take pretty women, any age, who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I think sometimes we get too wrapped up in thinking all SKs have a type (ie Ted Bundy and all the victims that looked like his mom or ex-girlfriend, depending on who is writing/talking). I think sometimes the type is just female and there at the wrong place & wrong time (especially if we aren't working with someone who has a Bundy-esque high IQ, which most SKs don't have).

Justice for Lisa. Justice for Mickey. Justice for the others (I just feel there are others).

Has anyone found an article about the two girls in Acadia Parish who were found in a burned house but it was determined that they died before the fire.

Also, who went missing about a year ago when his house burned down? He may be a pyro but I think there was a reason he torched his own home.

What are you thinking, burn it down to destroy the evidence?

So, now that he has been indicted for two counts of murder, will they use one murder, possibly the Pate murder, as a bargaining chip to get an admission and location of Mickey? Failing in that, do they try the cases separately? together? Do they drop one and only try the one with strongest evidence?? Any thoughts?

As much as the Shunick family wants Mickey found, they have already publicly stated they don't want to bargain with him for her unless she is alive. Ultimately that is up to the state, but I hope that offer is NOT on the table.

Honestly, I think this makes him less likely to reveal where Mickey's body is. If they are seeking the death penalty in both cases, I'm not so sure they'd drop that possibility in the other case to reveal where her body is.

All we know that bsl is a predator and "preys" we now know of 3 victims, 1 for oral rape and 2 for murder. I am now glad that I don't have hear that this was an accident anymore.

There is. It isn't part of the LEO's pants because some of the evidence bag is visible behind the object. it looks like part of a tube, nozzle, gun barrel or something like that.

A mattox tool?
mattox.jpg

"The news is hard on the family and solidifies Mickey will not be returned home alive."

Hardest quote I've had to read during the entire investigation.

How prevalent were DNA testing/databases in 1999? Is it possible that at the time DNA was not available to charge him, but in this day and age it is???

Oh, I have an idea that DNA might have also played a role.

I don't think he had stalked them beforehand and knew their age or whether or not they had kids. I think they were vulnerable and he took advantage of that.

Yeah, I think he let the rape victim go because he knew her (the one who he was jailed for - kudos to that woman for reporting it and for standing her ground when police didn't believe her BTW! at least that was 8 years he wasn't able to murder and rape!). She recognized his voice as Brandon, her cousin's boyfriend, so we know they had met before.

He maybe couldn't bring himself to kill her because she was less of an object to him or something. She likely knew something about her and was able to see her as a person in a way he could not see Mickey, Lisa, or any other woman he randomly came into contact with. For example, DTL regularly abused his wife and mistress but he didn't kill either. I've always assumed that's because he either knew he was too close to them and would be a suspect or because they on some level were humans to him (or more human than his victims).

Hope that makes sense.

Would like to see the timeline begin with him dropping out of high school in his junior year and where he went. (and why)

Wow! I was so nervous about getting the GJ indictment for Mickey that I NEVER dreamed of additional murder charges today. Having that gut feeling that there are more and getting confirmation of that fact are very different things...it made my hair stand on ends.

And let me say, I am totally aware of how astute you people are, but seriously you continue to amaze me with your sleuthing skills! Pleasure to be privy to the brilliance on this forum.

Poor Lisa! Thanks to Mickey, she will have her day in court. What a beacon of enlightenment this young lady is proving herself to be. My faith tells me that we are witnessing a horrible event being given a purpose that none of us could have imagined at the start.

Now I can't help but wonder what the cause of death was ruled to be for Lisa Pate. Does anyone recall seeing if this was ever determined? I know her body was pretty badly decomposed, but wonder if a knife was used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88