Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shredding documents? You have a link, I hope. Some evidence? That's a new one. Unless somehow I've been under a rock.

Woof, I think that Possum was referring to the shredded paper that the detectives took from the various BC properties they searched. It was mentioned early on in MSM. I'm sorry I don't know how to link and I am heading off for a kinder drop off. From memory it is on the news clip with the detectives with brown paper bags.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/police-may-have-found-the-body-of-missing-brisbane-mother-allison-baden-clay/story-e6frg6nf-1226342663519

"Besides Mr Baden-Clay, investigators have interviewed "numerous" family and friends, including extensive questioning of a woman who had worked under Mr Baden-Clay at his Century 21 franchise.

That office, and Mr Baden-Clay's parental home, were raided on Thursday, with evidence seized including computers and shredded documents."
BBM

Thanks. Me. Rock. Under. My apologies.

Just driven along Brookfield Rd. Looks to be about a dozen or so people at the house at the moment, most of which are police. Interesting.

And they're all still there. Gave me a rare laugh to think.... Seriously? Right now, after they've moved out? Are we arresting the termites, people? Spot/Yap next door, already??
Seriously though, must be more evidence gathering. Considering the BC seniors did the moving out, maybe there is some fingerprint correlation going on??
iMO

Police have also searched Mr Baden-Clay's workplace in Taringa.

Officers have taken a bag of shredded paper, a diary, computer files and other evidence

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-04-26/police-search-house-in-missing-mother-probe/3972900

I think this was discussed way back in another thread, but basically shredded paper does not suggest any malicious intent. Offices (and even home offices) usually, if not always, have a shredder. The police would have confiscated any shredded documents just in case. But this does not suggest that anyone was going around shredding documents because of the events surrounding Allison's murder. I know I shred documents every day. Doesn't mean I'm covering up something...or am I....:) :)

Just galls me to see Senior BC's perfectly capable of expressing sadness and horror of tragedy far removed from their own family...but not one word of sadness, grief, worry or love uttered for their daughter-in-law and mother of their grand children. IMO MOO

----- Original Message -----
Thought you'd be interested in this.
We flew to Kariba for a holiday without the children between the two
Disasters.
The newspaper reports are fascinating (and horrifying).....

link to rest of article, halfway down page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Africa/message/1571?var=1

I think this was discussed way back in another thread, but basically shredded paper does not suggest any malicious intent. Offices (and even home offices) usually, if not always, have a shredder. The police would have confiscated any shredded documents just in case. But this does not suggest that anyone was going around shredding documents because of the events surrounding Allison's murder. I know I shred documents every day. Doesn't mean I'm covering up something...or am I....:) :)

I shred documents daily also. However I would not like to have to try and reassemble them. If the police took them they did so for a reason. Poor bugger that had to reassemble them though. :headache:

I was under the impression that GBC's financial advisor was a female. I recall a message posted here on WS (prior to his arrest) saying that his (female) financial advisor had been questioned by police, her house searched and her computer and phone confiscated. Unfortunately it seems that post has now disappeared.

I'm also certain that I read in MSM a reference to the female financial advisor and have searched for a link but without success I'm afraid. :waitasec: Without a link I suppose the female financial advisor will probably have to go into the rumour basket. Interestingly one of only two of GBC's Twitter friends is a female financial advisor.

MOO.

Good point. NBC is most likely the FA for the business, and GBC probably has FA for the personal finances. So it could be a female.

I shred documents daily also. However I would not like to have to try and reassemble them. If the police took them they did so for a reason. Poor bugger that had to reassemble them though. :headache:

I know! Big job. Most office-based shredders aren't actually that good at shredding paper, so it can be pieced back together relatively easily. Only the top-notch ones that tend to shred in very small pieces rather than strips are really any good at hiding stuff. They are normally pretty expensive, which is why most offices with highly sensitive info outsource this using those locked wheelie bins. Although it would be a tedious task, shredded paper can be pieced back together.

There is a chance that documents were shredded because of this crime, but the police would have seized the shredder bins, regardless. They would be wanting access to any piece of evidence they could find. Shredded paper would always be analysed, IMO.

Was just meaning that we can't assume there is anything sinister.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=g...AQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i|2;d|ql-Nr7gmYcz_GM:

Yes, GBC's Prado is a VX, and has roof racks, but based on that picture I've posted, the positioning of them looks like that other car is not a Prado. I would think if anything that car on the Nearmap is a Landcruiser. Note how close GBC's roof racks are to the back of the vehicle, yet the Nearmap picture makes them appear further away.

In summary, my suggestion is that car in the Nearmap is not GBC's.

MOO.

Agree, the other shot of nearmap and yours, are 9 months apart.

Cant be him unless they take a while selling the property

Agree, the other shot of nearmap and yours, are 9 months apart.

Cant be him unless they take a while selling the property

I had to ask or I would have kept wondering as there was a small blue car that looks like a 4wd and another that looks like a gold 4wd like the BCs I thought maybe it didnt sell and they kept the property in the family maybe another debt he didnt pay and a place to meet his woman MOO

I had to ask or I would have kept wondering as there was a small blue car that looks like a 4wd and another that looks like a gold 4wd like the BCs I thought maybe it didnt sell and they kept the property in the family maybe another debt he didnt pay and a place to meet his woman MOO

Good spotting though, well done!

And they're all still there. Gave me a rare laugh to think.... Seriously? Right now, after they've moved out? Are we arresting the termites, people? Spot/Yap next door, already??
Seriously though, must be more evidence gathering. Considering the BC seniors did the moving out, maybe there is some fingerprint correlation going on??
iMO

That's 2 posts re QPS at GBC house - 3-4hrs at least... Must be something worth collecting. Well done local sleuths.

That's 2 posts re QPS at GBC house - 3-4hrs at least... Must be something worth collecting. Well done local sleuths.

Whatever QPS are looking for at the house, I hope they find it. And thank you sleuths for keeping us in the loop!
:hero:

Yes indeed - very good thinking there, Justamum. However, it depends on the car - and he drove a Prado. Now I have a 4WD as well (not a Prado), and I have my phone charger plugged into a lighter socket that is on all the time, regardless of the car ignition. Many 4WDs have these, for powering items such as car fridges, and other off-road stuff. But yes, you're quite right - if it was plugged into a socket that did go on and off with the car ignition, then that would show as the phone going on and off charge.

As far as I know, the phone records wouldn't show what type of charger the phone was plugged into - just that the required voltage was present. I doubt the phone would "know" what the other end of the lead was plugged into. The only exception would be, as I suggested, if it were plugged into a computer, and it did an iTunes sync when it was plugged in. And even then, if it were a laptop, that could also be somewhere other than the home desk - I know mine is! It goes where I go.

OK - back to real world obligations! Will check in later

Maybe, but i cannot for the life of me imagining a real estate agent, in financial trouble, with three mistresses on the go, allegedly in the middle of a murder or a cover up turn of his phone. Come on, even when the police were there he was googling. I am sure there were two things he was attached to, and only one of them was a piece of technical equipment!

Yes - good points. BUT - that would only be the case if the phone were switched on. If the phone were off, then no pings. And I mean REALLY off - not just in sleep mode.

But yes, the location services, if he had them turned on, would show where the phone was. But then again, maybe he thought to turn location services off? If not, then perhaps the phone may have left a nice little "breadcrumb trail" of pings all the way to Kholo Creek and back? Bearing in mind that just because the PHONE may have done that trip, doesn't necessarily prove that GBC did it....

Just by way of example, say the phone was on charge in the car, and somebody else drove the car to Kholo Creek....? Unlikely, for sure. But feasible.

Not sure I agree with that bit at all. Unless the phone has some way of knowing where the voltage is coming from - and I doubt that - then they would NOT necessarily know where the charger was located.

Sorry Doc, my reply above was related to this post not the one erroneously quoted!

Morning troops :)

While driving to work, I just had a thought, that may be worth considering:

We know that GBC's phone was taken off its charger at 8:30pm, right?

BUT where was the charger???

As far as I know, everyone has assumed that the charger was at their home, either a mains charger in the wall socket, or a USB lead into his computer.

But, as I looked at my iPhone on its charger in my car....!!!! I suddenly thought that the GBC iPhone charging could have been anywhere - including in his car!

I don't think that the iPhone info can differentiate WHERE the charger was - unless it did a sync with a computer at the same time, and the computer is a fixed computer like a desktop machine (as opposed to a laptop, which could also have been anywhere).

So - my thought is that the timing of the charging does NOT actually place GBC at home necessarily. And the same goes for when the phone was put back ON the charger, although that would be more likely to be at home if it were still there when the logs showed he took it off charge just before making all those phone calls and texts at 6:30 or whenever....

Just a thought....

But it proves he wasn't 'asleep'. He is lying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandraGanis