IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suppose part of the frustration for the parents and some people is that the LE seem to be looking more towards finding dead bodies.the lake,trash,landfill where as the parents are screaming for them to move and look for them to be alive....as are all people......
Only now it seems that they are doing a major road stop search on vehicles.....I personally would have been screaming at the LE to look elsewhere other than the lake.....I would be screaming for the World to stop so I could find my children.....
Why has this not been done before on a more major scale?....they have given away time most crucial in any case of missing children...that window was wide open for anyone to to get far away if it is the case that these little sweethearts have been abducted.....
I hope at least they have checked CCTV cameras at highway stops,and near by businesses and checked all houses in the surrounding area....basements,garages etc

I read that the volunteer searches covered 12 square miles. A 12 mile radius would be a tad over 113 square miles.

Ahhh, that makes more sense! I was going to say! I'm fairly close, but wasn't shocked not to be searched, but was confused by that statement.

When I was young, my cousins and myself spent many summer days exploring the woods and cornfields surrounding my grandparents property. It's hard to say how many miles we could have walked in a few hour span. And MANY times, we got lost to the point that all trees started to look the same. On one of these excursions, my brother twisted his ankle and I went to get help, only to get hopelessly lost trying to find my way back out. I was on a pure panic. I fought the urge to lie down and cry. I worry that they could have simply go e exploring, as kids do.

Moo The fact that Lyric looking older then she must feel she must act the same . I hope while using her mother / brothers computer or maybe she had one of her own ?. It's sad but she could have gone with her cousin to meet someone on the internet that she thought would be a nice boy friend for her Mom I dunno it's all heart rendering for the family but , God be with those two precious children . Pray and Pray again . So very sad .

Nothing happening at the moment - still looking for a link to the presser.

I have sadly been following along and hoping these children would be found alive.
My next hope-regretfully would have been that they were in the lake. Occams Razor theory and the less frightening "when you have two competing theories that make exactly the same predictions, the simpler one is the better."

:please: praying for the families and all the locals there in Iowa. This is always so scary and it just seems to happen over and over again. I pray LE has lots of information to go on from here on out.
I am headed to southern Wisconsin to visit family next week and will come over and help search if needed then.

JMO

Heck, I'm no expert, as as unnerved as you. We've talked to our kids about: making as much noise as possible, screaming "NO!", where a kick would do the most damage, etc. We also reminded them that under NO circumstances are they to enter a vehicle - any vehicle - unless we've OK'd it ahead of time. Like we aren't going to send a friend to pick them up without letting them know ahead of time. Same for police, etc. We told them if a policeman said to get in his car, he would have no problem waiting for us to arrive on scene, etc. The local schools are great about this: once my own mother went to pick my son up from pre-school because I was delayed. I'd told them she was coming (in person, a phone call wouldn't work), they had her name and address, and she still had to show ID to get in the school, and to take my son out of the school.

Recently, one of my HS students ( a senior) told me that a man followed her out of Dunkin Donuts and jumped in Her car( the passenger seat)! he grabbed at her , physically molesting her, and before she yelled or anything at all he also grabbed her phone and sent himself a txt message ( in orderto get her number). From time to time since then he sends her txt messages. creepy!

I was pretty upset that somehow she couldn't get her parents to agree to have her turn in a report to the police. :-( I took the opportunity to tell her that if god forbid anything like that ever happened again- to scream-loudly THIS IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!! I DONT KNOW HIM?THEM!!!!!! even... FiRE!!!help!!!

above all things - we have to teach our kids to pay attention to their surroundings, at all times- even though "they know it all"- tell them anyway! and tell them again. We can't be too careful.

Gosh I know they have to do it, but really, would someone be driving through the area with evidence in their trunks during an FBI search, etc...

They might if the perp didn't realise it was evidence. For instance, fresh damage to the interior that the perp hasn't noticed or thinks is won't be noticed.

Or if the perp has a job that requires he travel through the intersections being searched, he may think he can just finesse his way through the situation.

I wrote a long post about psychopaths upstream, the upshot being: things that would scare a normal person doesn't get an emotional reaction from a psychopath.

I hope that a new significant lead has come in which has led LE to pull away from the lake and to start searching cars. Did someone say there is a presser today?

Well, at least that is over with - and I'm glad they were not found in the lake and since the dogs did not hit on anything, I was fairly certain they wouldn't find bodies, but I put alot of confidence in the dogs, a flaw I suppose of mine.

Are there side roads that someone could take to avoid the road stops? I think most likely the girls were put in a trunk of a vehicle and taken some place - no other hunches though. I fear the worst but hope for the best, of course, but so much time has passed - and the area seems rural from the talk on here and rural is difficult as there are many hide aways not easily reached by the main stream. Now if they are thinking the girls were abducted for the human trafficking aspect, then maybe the main roads would work but the girls probably would be held someplace before they were moved - held until the heat died down or they were moved right away before the road blocks went up. This, of course, is not a preferred scenario but much better than some crazed killer got to them and really how often does a crazed killer take two girls together off bikes? Maybe one child but two? Two just seems more difficult doesn't it?

Not difficult if there were two perps or more. Just a thought.

A scenario.....they are cycling along the trail and come across a little puppy(or any luring object,maybe something shiny) next to the dock bit area.....they lay down their bikes on the path ,go through the gate/fence , they look at ,clap puppy(or object),lay down the purse and phone......someone from the woods comes out and says ...oh I see you have found my puppy/object....can you bring it over to me.....just a scenario.
Hope they are found soon....

Recently, one of my HS students ( a senior) told me that a man followed her out of Dunkin Donuts and jumped in Her car( the passenger seat)! he grabbed at her , physically molesting her, and before she yelled or anything at all he also grabbed her phone and sent himself a txt message ( in orderto get her number). From time to time since then he sends her txt messages. creepy!

I was pretty upset that somehow she couldn't get her parents to agree to have her turn in a report to the police. :-( I took the opportunity to tell her that if god forbid anything like that ever happened again- to scream-loudly THIS IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!! I DONT KNOW HIM?THEM!!!!!! even... FiRE!!!help!!!

above all things - we have to teach our kids to pay attention to their surroundings, at all times- even though "they know it all"- tell them anyway! and tell them again. We can't be too careful.

<shudder>

Respectfully, aren't you a mandated reporter of child abuse? I don't mean this in a snarky way but if the parents won't call the police, maybe you could use your mandated reporter status (if you are one) to report to CPS under the rationale that what was described was certainly abusive, even though the abuser is not a family member.

Thinking it over, I don't think her parents are completely wrong. If it were me, I'd get her a second cellphone number but retain the old one so that the stalker doesn't realise she has a new number. And then leave the old phone with LE so they can just take the messages directly.

The parents may think this is just a very twisted prank but even if that were so, I think it would do the prankster a world of good to have a little face to face time with LE and the court system.

I wonder - are there any statistics about two girls being taken off by a stranger (a displaced parent maybe) ? Or two children period taken and then harmed? I can't recall any cases but then again I am not up to speed on abductions.

I have heard of kidnapped people being released alive but unharmed no. Two victims..

Adam mayes released 2 of the four he abducted.

Thats all I got .

Headin to work in a minute. My mother just arrived to keep an eye on the kids, she actually got lost on the way here (she's not familiar with the back route, which is necessary due to the off-ramp on the highway being closed for construction). She says she wandered around E'dale a bit, past Poyner and Bunger (local schools), never got searched, never saw signs of LE. She's not the most observant, however, lol.

LE releasing the lake, I think, confirms what many of us have tried to say. The lake is a dead end/red herring. True, the trail/woods near the lake are still in play, but it seems to be confirmed that the actual lake itself was not involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl