IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
As anyone else got any thoughts on the ~5 minute window between the camera footage and the guy on the trail coming across the bikes?

I read yesterday that the camera footage was really grainy but haven't seen it. I'm wondering if that is another red herring by LE?

My reasoning is because I don't believe the girls could do 1.5 miles in ~5 minutes. To test this, I just watched the end of the Tour De France and timed how long it took the distance to go counter to reduce by 2.4km (~1.5 miles)

Almost 3 minutes! for elite athletes.......on closed roads.

Tell me I ain't going crazy on this point.......:please:

That time element is only relevant if you believe the bike guy...just sayin'. The timing of the "phone call" is a handy alibi. Moo

As anyone else got any thoughts on the ~5 minute window between the camera footage and the guy on the trail coming across the bikes?

I read yesterday that the camera footage was really grainy but haven't seen it. I'm wondering if that is another red herring by LE?

My reasoning is because I don't believe the girls could do 1.5 miles in ~5 minutes. To test this, I just watched the end of the Tour De France and timed how long it took the distance to go counter to reduce by 2.4km (~1.5 miles)

Almost 3 minutes! for elite athletes.......on closed roads.

Tell me I ain't going crazy on this point.......:please:

Just because they were seen on that road by camera does not mean that is when the headed to the trail. JMO But then we have the bikes there at 1220 or something like that. Hmmm

What was the bikers name that found the bikes? I know it was in media.
Biker guy has my hinker meter going now. Neighborhood guy/couple saw the girls and knows Elizabeth to see her. I don't question the couple

I was wondering if possibly anyone thinks that this was a planned abduction in some way for the attention or money for the family? I hate saying that but I just wondered if anyone else has thought this. There is so much money to be made on the internet through websites asking for donations, just made me try to think of some reason these girls just vanished. I'm praying these little girls are safe and that is the case.

I don't see the family being directly involved either. But I do feel as though a family acquaintance is very possible. Someone who may have been a child predator and targeted one or both of the girls specifically.

We don't "have" the bikes at the location at 12:20 or any other time until they were discovered at 4:00. It is just what a person told the LE that after the fact hours later. The bikes were not discussed in the phone call that this timing is based on, as far as I can tell. MOO

I was wondering if possibly anyone thinks that this was a planned abduction in some way for the attention or money for the family? I hate saying that but I just wondered if anyone else has thought this. I'm praying these little girls are safe and that is the case.

I am thinking more along the lines If family abduction that the girls were taken because of some form of abuse. JMO But that may be just me wanting these kids found safe.

I was wondering if possibly anyone thinks that this was a planned abduction in some way for the attention or money for the family? I hate saying that but I just wondered if anyone else has thought this. I'm praying these little girls are safe and that is the case.

...I didn't want to say it, but yes. It crossed my mind.

That small window of time has nagged at me from the beginning. I do not believe the girls got to the lake in 5 minutes. No way, no day. They would've not only covered the 1.5 miles, but managed to dismount their bikes, lie them down and gone far enough away from them that the cyclist never saw or heard them. I say that is highly unlikely.

I agree, especially if they did leave the area of the Collins residence going west towards River Forest Road. Are the locals sure that was the direction of travel?

That would mean that they were not travelling to the lake via a secluded trail but rather on roadways. And you'd think that would slow them up a bit. You'd also think someone would have seen them. :waitasec:

MOO

We don't "have" the bikes at the location at 12:20 or any other time until they were discovered at 4:00. It is just what a person told the LE that after the fact hours later. The bikes were not discussed in the phone call that this timing is based on, as far as I can tell. MOO

I thought the biker knew the time because he called is daughter after he swerved to miss the bikes?

Pic 1: 3 empty cans of energy drink left in that clearing. Seemed odd that A) anyone would need three giant cans of energy drink all in the same spot, B) if this area were scoured, those would be left behind, C) someone would come by later and linger long enough to drink three of these.

Pic 2: From the south edge of the clearing, looking south at the trail.

Pic 3: From fence edge, looking west towards the jetty. You can see that getting to this spot from the jetty would be dicey if the lake were full. Although not deep, it would be difficult to do without getting wet/muddy.

Pic 4: Right up on the fence, facing south-southwest onto the trail.

Pic 5: From the very southeastern corner of the lake's shore, looking across to the parking area/playground.

Ollipop, thank you so much for the tour by pics. They are so nice to have for us who live far away in trying to visualize. Visual storyteller you are! Whatever was done, abduction or staged, I have no doubt it happened via this little path with seclusion. I think your spot on with the tire tracks. The glove did give me pause and question why it would still be there and not taken for possible evidence or why it would have been left by searchers...or anyone for that matter. Maybe one of the guys maintaining the pump is the only conclusion I can come up with.

I believe the house/garage was exactly that at one time. Looks like someone took the garage and built a little living area addition to the back. Maybe a hubby who smoked or had the guys over for poker once a week? LOL Anyway we can't click that TY button enough. :rocker:

Oh....your opinion on the 3' poles/stakes in that area? In the one pic it looks like they are attached to small rails of some sort; any conjecture for their purpose and if there is any type of wire or cable connecting them? TIA

I was wondering if possibly anyone thinks that this was a planned abduction in some way for the attention or money for the family? I hate saying that but I just wondered if anyone else has thought this. There is so much money to be made on the internet through websites asking for donations, just made me try to think of some reason these girls just vanished. I'm praying these little girls are safe and that is the case.

Who knows what crazy plan a group of meth addicts might come up with to get money for their addiction. They obviously can't make it any more with LE all over them. Anything is possible I guess.

MOO

If LE is right and the perp is someone the family knows...Wonder who knew the girls liked energy drinks or liked the drinks themselves? That is if they are truley a missed part of the crime scene. JMO

WOW! That never occurred to me. You could be right if the abduction happened after 12:30 the perp would have had a lot of time to converse with the girls. The perp could have put something in the drinks to knock them out too. IMO

I totally and completely understand that everyone handles grief differently, but the family seems very "at ease" is the best way I can describe it. All I keep thinking about is "ballooon boy" whose family made the whole thing up for attention.

The thought has come across my mind also.

There are so many scenatrios to this case.

Girls were exposed to drugs, drug addicts, Lyric had tried to run away,
Lyric at an age of rebellion, puberty? and so many sex offenders in the area.
Maybe someone felt sorry for the girls and took them?
With drugs around them, did they experiment? got ill and some family member hides them so family doesn't get into trouble again for drugs?
now they do not know what to do?

Did LE ever bring in cadaver dogs? Is this why LE thinks the girls are still alive?

By the way it makes me feel bad to even say they may be involved.

I thought the biker knew the time because he called is daughter after he swerved to miss the bikes?

The only fact here is that the bike guy called his daughter. There is no fact that I know of that says he called "because" he swerved around bikes on the trail. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn