IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
No link yet. Misty, Wilma and Tammy were just interviewed on Fox News. They said investigators told them they have reason to believe the girls are alive and safe and they have suspects.

I have searched for a link but it just aired 30 min. ago.

Weirdest thing, this morning I caught a quick glimpse of the morning news and I could have sworn the crawl at the bottom of the screen said: "Iowa girls found safe". By the time I could turn around, it was gone.

I was really disappointed to find differently when I got online.

Please forgive me... :newhere:

I don't remember ever carrying a purse while riding my bike -- even as an adult. And none of my friends did either. It would be awkward unless it was an across-the-shoulder type.

I have seen some carry purses and they will put the strap on the handlebars.

IMO

I stand corrected then. Appologies. :)
Maybe gran saw then at both times with the 12:15pm being the last time?

I thought gma said they left her house at 11:30 and then she saw them over behind the store at around 12:15. (emphasis on 'I thought' lol, that doesn't mean a whole lot at times :floorlaugh:)

Now this is going to sound really far fetched, but do you think that someone who they know could have taken them in an attempt to "save" them from the life they were leading? Okay, they were obviously shuffled about, parents of Lyric were not embedded into her life as much as an average family. I am just wondering if a person felt that they could provide them with a better life, thus taking them and the kids are fine somewhere with a person who although delusional and a kidnapper, in their own mind felt they were "saving" them. I am trying so hard to think of a scenerio where the girls are okay. :(

What time did the grandmother say was the last time she saw the girls?

TIA

Grandma says they left at 11:30 and she saw them in the alley at 12:15...which is also when the camera footage confirms (approx times of course, not to the minute).

So 12:15 they are confirmed alive (by the camera footage) yet, Gram says 11:30 is approx when they left.

Now this is going to sound really far fetched, but do you think that someone who they know could have taken them in an attempt to "save" them from the life they were leading? Okay, they were obviously shuffled about, parents of Lyric were not embedded into her life as much as an average family. I am just wondering if a person felt that they could provide them with a better life, thus taking them and the kids are fine somewhere with a person who although delusional and a kidnapper, in their own mind felt they were "saving" them. I am trying so hard to think of a scenerio where the girls are okay. :(

I would like to believe that was the reason too, Porta, but sadly I dont think that is the reason.

imo

Could be. Or they were handed off to someone who knew the right thing to do.

No. Tammy said that. Police assert that granny told them 12:15 and they have video to confirm that sighting.

Nancy Grace Transcripts

WYLMA COOK, GRANDMOTHER (via telephone): You`re welcome.

GRACE: Ms. Cook, tell me what you saw that day, the day the girls go missing.

COOK: Well, I took her from my house -- I live in Waterloo, and her mom left for work. She rode with me to Heather`s house, my other daughter in Evansdale. And I go there every day for four or five hours, and she always goes with me. And because Heather is not well and she has four little kids. And we did a daily routine that day at, you know, in her house doing things, eating breakfast and all that stuff.

And so it was at 11:30, they asked me if they could go for a short bike ride, and I said yes. And they`ve done this millions of times. And they`ve never, never went that far. I could go outside and yell their names, and they would eventually hear me.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1207/17/ng.01.html

Yesterday a RUMOR circulated on FB / Twitter that the kids had been found safe and sound - BUT
then someone from police was contacted and advised that it was UNTRUE.

I keep hoping that it IS true, and they just haven't told us yet. I keep hoping maybe they DID find the kids, but were keeping it on the down-low because they hadn't gotten the perp(s) yet, and were hot on their tails!? THAT would make my day if this is what is released today. :)

My daughter was doing that just today. It made me think of the missing girls.

I actually think it is cute. I see girls around Lyric and Elizabeth's age come by our home on their bikes all the time with their purses on the handlebars.:)

Grandma says they left at 11:30 and she saw them in the alley at 12:15...which is also when the camera footage confirms (approx times of course, not to the minute).

So 12:15 they are confirmed alive (by the camera footage) yet, Gram says 11:30 is approx when they left.

I haven't seen where grandma ever said she saw them at any other time except 11:30. Do you have a link for your sighting at 12:15.

Man oh man... this is the longest five minutes! Please tell that I am correct that the pc starts at 4:30 est?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288