IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If There was a Raid, All people brought in would go through the "sally port" and not be seen anywhere near press.

LE has the bikes that belong to Elizabeth and Lyric, definitely.

However, are those the two bikes seen by the 12:27 witness? Could he have seen bikes belonging to Jane and Janet Public, who were doing a little exploring in the woods, came back just after he saw the bikes and rode off.

If so, then Elizabeth and Lyric came along a little later and left their bikes in the same location.

If that were so, I would wonder if a perp was creating some sort of lure or attraction at that point but the first two kids didn't fit the perp's profile.

I bet kids would stop riding to pick up a bunch of quarters sprinkled on the bike trail. Quarters are the largest coin in general usage in the US and if there were 10 or 20 of them on the ground, that would look like a treasure to 8 and 10 year olds.

Interesting question for sure --
I just noticed that the poster for the missing girls by the FBI says they were "last seen riding their bikes at the lake around 2pm" -- this tells me they have something (a witness, a video, something) to say that close to 2pm or slightly thereafter, the kids were indeed, riding bikes around the lake. I think this is why they now want to talk to anyone who was there that day for any reason - i think they must think the perp laid in wait, set a trap or something... scary scary stuff.

I know that they pride themselves on having a poker face, but today the Presser did not seem as "positive" or "upbeat" as yesterday's. I have a bad feeling that things that were looking bright yesterday might not have exactly panned out. I am :( again

I am just baffled by this whole thing. I simply can't determine a CONFIRMED timeline with the info given by LE so it's hard to think about the "what if's".

We know there were "sightings" per se (which have not to my knowledge been confirmed by LE or added to their timeline.

1. being the cyclist who claims to have swerved to miss 2 bikes - approx 12:20ish.

2. being the couple watering their lawn who gave a time between 12 and 3

3. some witnesses at the lake who claim they saw them riding at the lake (I believe family states someone told them this).

We know they were seen on the store camera at 12:15 (or approx depending on the credibility of the camera's clock) and yet someone saw their bikes - even if the girls WERE there (on the other side of the fence where the cyclist didn't see them) 5 minutes later.

Just thinking out loud here...

How many kids would ride their bikes THAT fast ANYWHERE without intent or purpose? I see kids riding their bikes all over my town. Kids who are just out playing, lollygagging or riding their bikes (especially more than 1 child) do not ride at that speed unless they are trying to get to a particular location, and fast.

The pace at which the girls would have to have made it from one place to the next leads me to believe there would have been a reason they went there. Maybe "we will meet you at the lake in 5 minutes"...not just riding along, going with the flow, and ended up at the lake.

This is where it gets hinky for me. LE has yet to say "we have verified and confirmed the following sightings based on evidence found the day they went missing". We have basically been given 2 times during the press releases - 12:15, and 4 (when Abben claims HE showed up - regardless of location of bikes (on trail or against fence).

With those 2 being the only 2 things LE is releasing there is a whole spectrum of possibilities.

The 5 minute scenario just doesn't sit well with me given normal kid behavior. How many times do kids do ANYTHING fast at that age? Girls especially are notorious for taking their time chatting and giggling.

I posted this earlier and nothing I've read since then makes me think it is less likely.

Elizabeth and Lyric knew they were supposed to stay close to Elizabeth's home. Separately, they probably would have stayed close. Put two kids together, though, and it's normal for them to sometimes egg each other on into mischief.

What if they decided to ride all the way over to Meyer's lake, around the loop and back home again without Grandma noticing? That would seem like an adventure and they could well believe that they could easily be back before Grandma noticed.

If Grandma noticed, well, the two kids would only get half the wrath each (I remember clearly that my sister and I figured this out very young).

So they zipped away, all hyped up because they were having an adventure and trying to fool Grandma as well. They may even have made a race of it. I know I did plenty of bicycle racing when I was that age. And took plenty of spills that way, too.

Sadly, their little adventure ended with something far worse than Grandma catching them.

I also find it odd that they verbally targeted wanting to talk to fisherman in a boat? I have to think about that for a bit. I wonder if someone offered them a ride on a boat and that is why their scent stopped at the waters edge perhaps???? IMHO

Total speculation on my part:
The girls may have been abducted by someone at the lake or elsewhere.
The evidence found at the lake was either from the actual abduction, or placed there afterward.
'Don't assume we know what you know" and the plea for those fishing at the lake are attempts to get more pieces of the puzzle put together for arrests and convictions.

I still hang on to the belief these girls are already safe somewhere, but that the FBI is trying to wrap up what might be a child trafficking crime. At some point recently I think the girls were given to someone who had a conscience and did the right thing by calling LE and turning them in. But the FBI in interested in more than just their safe return. They are going to do all they can to nail the heartless <inserting my own modsnip here!> to the wall.

Someones gonna have to scrape Jules off the ceiling..

:floorlaugh: Lol!!!

I meant I lost the press conference - but yeah... my nerves are shot and I was hoping for some good news that this nightmare was all over!

12:15-4:00 ... at the location the bikes were found

Who was there? Who can verify who was there and when? That is why they want info from anyone who may have seen anyone or anything on that trail. They need witness witnesses. Moo

Just looked...there is one suspicious booking today at 12:10....no name listed, no charge listed, and says no bond hold...hummmmm

This is super odd actually. Would they do this if the person had no ID and refused to give a name until they could identify them? Very curious ....

Just trying to sort out some of my thoughts of the 2 girls riding around that Friday.... I believe I read that the day was not sunny and hot, but wouldn't the girls still have come back to the house for a drink of water or juice, or our old standy Kool Aid, during all that riding around? Is there a town fountain where they could get a cold drink while riding their bikes? And how about using the bathroom? Surely they couldn't be riding for hours and never have to 'go'? Is there a town gas station, or a 'safe' place where residents are welcome to use the facilities if they have to 'go' while they are out and about? Or would the girls have come back to the house to do their business? Was Grandma looking after other grandkids at the house that day? It was lunchtime. If Grandma was feeding the other kids lunch, wouldn't the 2 girls ride back to have lunch too? If Grandma sees them at 12:15, wouldn't she have 'you-hooed' them from the door to come and eat?

Originally Posted by loves2bmom
"We believe the two girls are alive," FBI spokeswoman Sandy Breault told ABC News. Breault said this belief was based partly on the evidence found Friday, but would not elaborate further.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-believe...ry?id=16827922

Very interesting comment section on the above link

The comment section is getting weirder day by day. Either someone is poking fun on a serious matter or they are trying to throw the investigation off-track.

Don't know the truth to this.

comment1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members