*DEVELOPING*CO Shooting at Movie Theater #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343069908.169553.jpg

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

He looks like Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols, with the orange hair and 'lazy' eye

He looks like Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols, with the orange hair and 'lazy' eye

ITA!!!!

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

IMO he was not faking anything in court this morning. His mouth made no movements, no facial expressions. His eyes and eyebrows made the only expressions and those were expressions of trying to think clearly. He really looked like he was just in a sleep deprivation phase in the court. That's exactly what it looks like when someone hasn't slept in 24+ hours.

The term 'mental illness' is a huge umbrella. There are a lot of mental illnesses which would not be legal justification for murder.

If he has bi-polar disorder or schizophrenia that alone does not mean he will be getting a 'get out of jail' free card. He has to prove that he did not know what he was doing was 'wrong.'

And he obviously KNEW it was wrong, because he snuck around before he came in shooting. He cased the place, sat in the front row and then went out the exit door and made sure it was open so he could come back in with his weapons and protective gear. he was obviously thinking clearly enough to protect himself and to make sure he had as many victims as possible.

ETA: As for the question of not being accepted into the graduate program if he was mentally ill. If he was so mentally ill that he did not know it was wrong to shoot innocent people in a bloody massacre, then he would not have been able to get past the administrators of this program. I never said ALL mentally ill people would be held back, but anyone that was as far gone as not knowing that killing 70 people is wrong, would be. JMO
IMO again big diff between unable to comprehend proceedings and insane. IMO he is not insane , but he most certainly has issues. Once his psyc history emerges we are gonna find involuatary commiment, long history of very heavy duty psycotropics, family members at times being scared of him, mom understanding her sons severity of illiness etc IMO

IMO everyone keeps getting confused (because he did do planning that = not mentally ill).

My notions are (many do this) he remained psycotic for peroids of time- wherein he was the joker - and was going to fight evil etc)

mental is not an always - all the time - entity. It changes daily - so if he truly beleived he was the joker for 2 weeks that was his delusion HOWEVER, that does not mean that in the next week he could not appear nor BE delusionial during psycotic phases he was the joker and he was purchasing his tools to be the joker.

ebb flow ebb flow

but this trial is not gonna end for years, the severity of his illiness will emerge on and off in jail, and IMO he will have peroids of either being overmedicated (wherein the system will rule he incapable of standing trial (see today!) , or overtly behaving (illiness) in a odd manner -- again back to inability not to stand trial

again anyone able to hear the one sentence he did utter? WOuld LOVE to know !

Dark Knight gunman faced eviction and 'broke up with girlfriend' just before killing spree
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ting-spree-Colorado.html?ICO=most_read_module

The gunman who allegedly killed 12 people during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, Colorado was due to be kicked out of his apartment and may have broken up with a girlfriend in the days before his shooting spree, it has emerged.

James Holmes, 24, had dropped out of the University of Colorado weeks before the attack and was nearing the end of his grace period for staying at the institution's accommodation.

Aurora police chief Daniel Oates also hinted that Holmes had recently gone through a break up and that authorities were investigating the claim.

attachment.php

Dr. Drew is confused as to why his attorney didn't request for him to be "cleaned up" to make him more presentable?

Maybe the attorney did make the request and he refused.

anyone heard that mom is gonna speak today that would be awesome and enlightening????????????????????????????????

I heard yes-- but anyone else know anything? time EST!

Not to speak lightly of the situation but I'm a severe insomniac.. Have been on and off for nearly 20years and unfortunately that means I've gone 48-72 hours without sleep and I can say I've never looked like this individual did.. Not even close.. Maybe it's just me but I feel like lack of sleep, especially speaking of 24hrs without sleep doesn't produce this effect..

Jmo, tho!

https://twitter.com/justinjoseph

reporter for KDVR/KWGN in Denver.

justinjoseph ‏@justinjoseph
Source affiliated with Anschutz med. center tells me thy believe suspicious pkg discovered this am was from suspect Holmes

#theatershooting Officially school will only say it's too early to tell who the package from from. Press conference at 130 to address.

@KDVR when reached for comment on suspicious package found at Anschutz ATF cited gag order in Holmes case #theatershooting

anyone heard that mom is gonna speak today that would be awesome and enlightening????????????????????????????????

I thought I heard it was the family lawyer that was going to make a statement. But just heard it once soon after the court appearance. So I am not sure if that is correct.

I don't think she will. I don't have an exact link but on CNN a reporter said his family was either getting a, what do you call it, a family spokesperson? A person that releases statements for the family.

Not to speak lightly of the situation but I'm a severe insomniac.. Have been on and off for nearly 20years and unfortunately that means I've gone 48-72 hours without sleep and I can say I've never looked like this individual did.. Not even close.. Maybe it's just me but I feel like lack of sleep, especially speaking of 24hrs without sleep doesn't produce this effect..

Jmo, tho!

Wow, not even close to looking like that after 72 hours? I can tell you from experience that I have looked like that dude after missing 24+ hours of sleep. You don't just look like that at all times, but when you are trying to concentrate on something, you do look like that. You can't focus. That's the face he had imo.

I've got another question regarding the assault rifle that was capable of firing up to 100 rounds in a little over 60 seconds.. Now I'm quite familiar with and use on a regular basis several different type handguns, shotguns, as well as rifles.. However no experience with guns similar to an AK-47.. So I know that scopes are regularly mounted on rifles and such for target and hunting purposes.. But can anyone explain just how in the hell that one would mount a scope on such a heavy duty artillery weapon as what he was getting the scope mounted on.. It seems impossible for a scope to be used on such a powerful weapon due to the heavy duty recoil/kick that such type weapon gives off when shooting.. How or why would a scope be mounted to such a high powered gun???

Logistically speaking it just doesn't seem to even be capable of being used on such a weapon..

TIA to anyone who knows..

The University of Colorado at Denver is expected to hold a news briefing on James Holmes' involvement in their Ph.D. program. That briefing is expected to start at or around 3:30 PM ET.

The attorney representing the family of James Holmes is expected to hold a news briefing at 4:00 PM ET. It's not known what the attorney will be discussing.

http://live.reuters.com/Event/Colorado_Dark_Knight_Shooting/35742889

Wow, not even close to looking like that after 72 hours? I can tell you from experience that I have looked like that dude after missing 24+ hours of sleep. You don't just look like that at all times, but when you are trying to concentrate on something, you do look like that. You can't focus. That's the face he had imo.

lol.. I'm thinking it's likely that my body over a long course of time that my body has slowly become more accustomed to long periods without sleep.. Not to say that it didn't affect me at all because it did.. I was a royal beotch.. But usually will take something these days if I go more than one night not being able to sleep..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288